Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,549 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6204011 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
Nowenuse:

Internet and Banking is something that was due. It developed almost synonymously almost all over Africa and other 3rd world nations at the same time.
So are we also going credit that achievement to the presidents of all 3rd world nations at the same time?
Are we also to thank OBJ or Buhari for bringing 4G network?... Plzzzz.

Allowed continous democracy? Are you for real? Was he supposed to take over power through military? You see the problem with we Africans. Things that are normal to other people, we count them as achievements. We celebrate mediocracy too much.

Abeg, which railway did OBJ develop? From which city to which city? Where were the trains? Not Until GEJ started developing and rebranding Nigerian railway system, everything we had about railway were the old trains and railways the colonial masters left for us.

A country being indebted is not the problem. USA owe large debts, but it is the world super power and still making progress.

Developmental achievements that make a country advance are things like
> Greater diversification of the economy
> Industrialization and Promotion of locally made goods and services
> Development of world class infrastructures
> Advanced improvement of the education, transportation and healthcare system e.t.c

Did OBJ do any of these?
I am so ashamed of we Nigerians for celebrating mediocracy as achievements. How can we progress with this kind of mindset for God's sake.

How would you know all these things without the social media which was introduced and made available at an affordable price by Obasanjo? grin

Ghana, Togo, Benin etc were already using what we now call GSM 5 years before Obasanjo brought it. grin

North Korea never allowed such even till now and even our government then never wanted, to keep us in the dark like North Korea is doing to her citizens. grin

Banking system in Nigeria was nothing to write home about before Obasanjo brought Soludo to reform the banking sector.

Nigeria banks wasn't bankable and trustable.

We should commend him for those achievement.

Do you think Yaradua and Jonathan renovated the railway system?

I still remembered when I saw the Chinese fixing the railway tracks at Ibadan during the reign of Obasanjo.

Obasanjo laid the foundation Jonathan built on. Buhari is still using Obasanjo railway template.

American situation and Nigeria situation is different. No comparison.

Obasanjo did well to pay debts or get dept forgiveness.

So, banking sector and Telecommunication sector are not part of diversification of the economy?

Obasanjo encouraged the development of local weapons and war ships. grin

We know Obasanjo believed in democracy.

At least, he tried in some cases.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
Olu317:
Are you a realist or ideologist? How much was dollar equivalent to naira during OBJ in comparison to the two you mentioned? What did Yar'Adua do in his home state that has stood the test of time till today when he was a governor? And the youngest of them all, GEJ, did you know how much money he made during his tenure via corruption?

I would have posted a link on here to see how corrupt GEJ was but I wouldn't do such.

Let me not go further on this issue because it is digression from what this forum is meant to achieve.

Cheers

I am a realist. The huge difference in dollar exchange did not come with either GEJ or Yar'adua. It came with Buhari. Dollar exchange remained below #200 during GEj and Yar'adua's 8 yrs just like OBJ.

Just listen to yourself. Did Yar'adu become president in order to develop Katsina state?
OBJ sent the army to murder thousands of Nigerians in Odi, Bayelsa and Zaki Biam, Benue while Yar'adua did a lot to compensate and re-integrate the Niger delta militants. Electricity drastically improved during Yar'adua's time. All in just 2years.

GEJ was corrupt, was OBJ a saint?... Plzzzz

OBJ's achievement in 8 years cannot in any way compare GEJ's achievement in 6 years.

GEJ did all he could to fight illiteracy in Northern Nigeria through promotion of almajiri schools and girl child education.

GEJ ensured that every Nigerian state had a Federal university by establishing 9 new federal universities.

GEJ set up a national conference where all Nigerians could come out to discuss their grievances and proffer solutions to the way forward (what method of a united nation building could be more than this)?

GEJ completely revamped the railway sector from it's complete dillapidation since colonial era.

GEJ started the drastic diversification of the Nigerian economy through agriculture. During OBJ, everything was about crude oil and nothing else.

GEJ initiated and comissioned the building of a world class city (Centennary city) and world trade centre in Abuja.

GEJ supported the development of the Nigerian social and entertainment industry. Can you compare Nigerian entertainment industry during GEJ and OBJ's era??

How many more can i mention?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! Ethiopia, Egypt, South Africa and Nigeria. grin

You sound like aguy who has never left his village town, all details you know is what you were told or read.

Travel and learn more
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 24, 2017
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! Coincidentally, somebody is coming from Kenya.. grin

I hope to be there with cameras.

What are they coming there for abeg? cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
You guys just hate Bwana Olusegun grin At least he never took power by coup, even if he did bad things.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
Jay254:

You sound like aguy who has never left his village town, all details you know is what you were told or read.

Travel and learn more

Cameroon, Benin, Togo, Ghana, Ethiopia, UAE and South Korea among others. These are places I have been to. grin

So, I know what I am talking about.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
TayserMahiri:

What are they coming there for abeg? cheesy

Hehehehe! I no go talk. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 12:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
I beg to differ, GEJ was a colossal failure who benefited from the after effects of OBJ's policies. Why do you think OBJ wanted a third term?!

Nowenuse:

I am a realist. The huge difference in dollar exchange did not come with either GEJ or Yar'adua. It came with Buhari. Dollar exchange remained below #200 during GEj and Yar'adua's 8 yrs just like OBJ.

Just listen to yourself. Did Yar'adu become president in order to develop Katsina state?
OBJ sent the army to murder thousands of Nigerians in Odi, Bayelsa and Zaki Biam, Benue while Yar'adua did a lot to compensate and re-integrate the Niger delta militants. Electricity drastically improved during Yar'adua's time. All in just 2years.

OBJ's achievement in 8 years cannot in any way compare GEJ's achievement in 6 years.

GEJ did all he could to fight illiteracy in Northern Nigeria through promotion of almajiri schools and girl child education.

GEJ ensured that every Nigerian state had a Federal university by establishing 9 new federal universities.

GEJ set up a national conference where all Nigerians could come out to discuss their grievances and proffer solutions to the way forward (what method of a united nation building could be more than this)?

GEJ completely revamped the railway sector from it's complete dillapidation since colonial era.

GEJ started the drastic diversification of the Nigerian economy through agriculture. During OBJ, everything was about crude oil and nothing else.

GEJ initiated and comissioned the building of a world class city (Centennary city) and world trade centre in Abuja.

GEJ supported the development of the Nigerian social and entertainment industry. Can you compare Nigerian entertainment industry during GEJ and OBJ's era??

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 1:01pm On Apr 24, 2017
The rail contracts were awarded during OBJ's tenure, GEJ only benefited from it. GEJ also made EFCC and DSS partisan agencies, the guy literally took us back to the tribalism years. Colossal failure I insist!

Nowenuse:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
Nowenuse:

Internet and Banking is something that was due. It developed almost synonymously almost all over Africa and other 3rd world nations at the same time.
So are we also going credit that achievement to the presidents of all 3rd world nations at the same time?
Are we also to thank OBJ or Buhari for bringing 4G network?... Plzzzz.

Allowed continous democracy? Are you for real? Was he supposed to take over power through military? You see the problem with we Africans. Things that are normal to other people, we count them as achievements. We celebrate mediocracy too much.

Abeg, which railway did OBJ develop? From which city to which city? Where were the trains? Not Until GEJ started developing and rebranding Nigerian railway system, everything we had about railway were the old trains and railways the colonial masters left for us.

A country being indebted is not the problem. USA owe large debts, but it is the world super power and still making progress.

Developmental achievements that make a country advance are things like
> Greater diversification of the economy
> Industrialization and Promotion of locally made goods and services
> Development of world class infrastructures
> Advanced improvement of the education, transportation and healthcare system e.t.c

Did OBJ do any of these?
I am so ashamed of we Nigerians for celebrating mediocracy as achievements. How can we progress with this kind of mindset for God's sake.

OBJ really tried but I understand where you are coming from bro. After OBJ's reign people tried to analyse his government and it was difficult because OBJ functioned like a bi-polar patient. He really tried in some areas and failed woefully in others but at the end of the day one can say he left Nigeria better than he met it.
You must understand that before Obj Nigeria was practically dead. We were not connected to the world either economically or even in other areas. Heck, we were still depending on letter writing to send messages. Something could happen today and you would here it in the next 3 days. There was no way investment could come into Nigeria that way.OBJ changed that.
Nigeria's banking industry was mere corporate Yahoo Yahoo. People would just set up banks with low capital base which would fail in the space of no time and people would lose their money. OBJ came and revolutionised the sector and made it Africa's largest. the thing don give Job tire.
Also the general economy was buoyant in OBJ's time.Inflation was down, Forex was stable and the middle class was created.
Also OBJ was a detribalized Nigerian in all his affairs.
OBJ's failures were in how he rigged elections blatantly without conscience, human life meant nothing to him as far as State honour was concerned eg Zaki Biam and Odi massacres, he was very corrupt and self-righteous and he did poorly In Infrastructure
At the end of the day OBJ can only be judged on the basis of his achievement and failures but he left behind a better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MrMaestro: 1:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
Honestly Nigeria hasn't had any great presidents. But OBJ was the best in my estimation.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 1:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
I laugh at Naijalander for calling GEJ a failure. GEJ was Nigeria's best infrastructural president. During his reign Nigeria achieved it's best push in terms of infrastructure.
FYI, it was not OBJ that awarded the standard guage railway contract it was Yaradua or GEJ I think. OBJ merely drew the master plan and intended to finance it with the oil for infrastructure deals with China which Yaradua cancelled for it being corrupt. The Abuja Kaduna railway was implemented solely by GEJ.
Also,GEJ spent the most on Nigerian armed forces acquisitions even with all the corruption which it involved. Before GEJ the Nigerian military was rotting away and its fighting capability was eroding. OBJ and Yaradua did not see it as being very important. Our military was good for only peace keeping operations. That was why we lost territory to Boko Haram initially. Nigeria thought it was only going to be a guerilla war never knowing that Boko Haram could become land grabbers. Goodluck had to massively re-equip the army before thet got their confidence back.
What about GEJ's Agric Policy which revolutionised Nigeria's Agric Sector and made sure that rice remained stable in price all year round? What of his Cassava policy?
What about GEJ's automotive policy which made Nigeria Africa's fastest growing automobile manufacturer just view years after Dunlop left Nigeria for Ghana?
What about GEJ's respect for the electoral process and his tolerance for criticism which made Nigeria look like a stable democracy for once?
GEJ also failed in some areas like ensuring savings for the rainy day and also for being weak and allowing his wife interfere in the electoral process also it seems like corruption was a free for all in his time. But I will always give him a pass mark, maybe average but not failure.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 1:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
the man handed over because he realised there was no way he could stay in power, don't forget the Northerners recalled all their army generals in the diaspora during the elections, they were basically ready to ignite a civil war.

GEJ only tried to build p on the foundation OBJ & Yar'Adua left him but he still failed at that. He was also a very ethnocentric, he allowed corrupt Nigerians of Eastern extraction hijack the ruling party and his government, he marginalized the South West to a fault and still expected votes from em which, thanks to the objective nature of Yorubas, he still got.

His defense contracts were only a ploy to enrich his fellow South South rebels, nothing more. I insist the guy just benefited from the stability OBJ struggled to build. Abuja - Kaduna Railway is not even nearly enough, to be honest he got lucky cos he was president at a time when OBJ's policies began to manifest and what did he do with all the money?? he wasted it, the recession happened because that idiot was not interested in saving money, thats what Okonjo-Iweala said. The man literally just sat there while lobbyists and military men looted the country. Please go find another role model.

Maduawuchukwu:
I laugh at Naijalander for calling GEJ a failure. GEJ was Nigeria's best infrastructural president. During his reign Nigeria achieved it's best push in terms of infrastructure.
FYI, it was not OBJ that awarded the standard guage railway contract it was Yaradua or GEJ I think. OBJ merely drew the master plan and intended to finance it with the oil for infrastructure deals with China which Yaradua cancelled for it being corrupt. The Abuja Kaduna railway was implemented solely by GEJ.
Also,GEJ spent the most on Nigerian armed forces acquisitions even with all the corruption which it involved. Before GEJ the Nigerian military was rotting away and its fighting capability was eroding. OBJ and Yaradua did not see it as being very important. Our military was good for only peace keeping operations. That was why we lost territory to Boko Haram initially. Nigeria thought it was only going to be a guerilla war never knowing that Boko Haram could become land grabbers. Goodluck had to massively re-equip the army before thet got their confidence back.
What about GEJ's Agric Policy which revolutionised Nigeria's Agric Sector and made sure that rice remained stable in price all year round? What of his Cassava policy?
What about GEJ's automotive policy which made Nigeria Africa's fastest growing automobile manufacturer just view years after Dunlop left Nigeria for Ghana?
What about GEJ's respect for the electoral process and his tolerance for criticism which made Nigeria look like a stable democracy for once?
GEJ also failed in some areas like ensuring savings for the rainy day and also for being weak and allowing his wife interfere in the electoral process also it seems like corruption was a free for all in his time. But I will always give him a pass mark, maybe average but not failure.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
OBJ did not use DSS to interfere in State elections neither is Buhari doing that. But GEJ bullied Tinubu and Amaechi during the Ekiti election, remember?

Maduawuchukwu:

OBJ really tried but I understand where you are coming from bro. After OBJ's reign people tried to analyse his government and it was difficult because OBJ functioned like a bi-polar patient. He really tried in some areas and failed woefully in others but at the end of the day one can say he left Nigeria better than he met it.
You must understand that before Obj Nigeria was practically dead. We were not connected to the world either economically or even in other areas. Heck, we were still depending on letter writing to send messages. Something could happen today and you would here it in the next 3 days. There was no way investment could come into Nigeria that way.OBJ changed that.
Nigeria's banking industry was mere corporate Yahoo Yahoo. People would just set up banks with low capital base which would fail in the space of no time and people would lose their money. OBJ came and revolutionised the sector and made it Africa's largest. the thing don give Job tire.
Also the general economy was buoyant in OBJ's time.Inflation was down, Forex was stable and the middle class was created.
Also OBJ was a detribalized Nigerian in all his affairs.
OBJ's failures were in how he rigged elections blatantly without conscience, human life meant nothing to him as far as State honour was concerned eg Zaki Biam and Odi massacres, he was very corrupt and self-righteous and he did poorly In Infrastructure
At the end of the day OBJ can only be judged on the basis of his achievement and failures but he left behind a better Nigeria
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 2:37pm On Apr 24, 2017
Just30:
bwabwabwabwabwa angry grin grin grin want to be in those countries leagues maybe you should start by providing electricity to your people.

Ghana is witnessing epilepsy shortage of light these days.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2017
forgiveness:

Ghana is witnessing epilepsy shortage of light these days.
not this year
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
Just30:
Nigeria is not even influential in West Africa how much more Africa as a whole

Really!? shocked grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 2:46pm On Apr 24, 2017
Just30:
not this year

We thank God. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MrMaestro: 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2017
Just30:
not this year
They better not. Nigeria is about 7x the size of Ghana. Ghana shouldn't really be suffering from power outage at this time.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
forgiveness:

Cameroon, Benin, Togo, Ghana, Ethiopia, UAE and South Korea among others. These are places I have been to. grin

So, I know what I am talking about.

You don't sound like you have or it never taught you a thing...

Most travelled ppl always have something to appriciate or learn about other areas. I will never talk shit over for a city like windhoek no matter how small it is to Nairobi but the quality is up there.. Most kenyas respect Kigali Rwanda just for thesame reason.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 3:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
Jay254:

You don't sound like you have or it never taught you a thing...

Most travelled ppl always have something to appriciate or learn about other areas. I will never talk shit over for a city like windhoek no matter how small it is to Nairobi but the quality is up there.. Most kenyas respect Kigali Rwanda just for thesame reason.

This is politics section. grin

But I never spoke bad about Kenya either, I am just saying things as it's. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! I no go talk. grin

You go talk
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
Just30:
good grin grin grin when you finish with the tribal conversation, you can get back to the topic
looooolll Ghanaian pidgin . SMH
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
uzzyfire:
looooolll Ghanaian pidgin . SMH
wen pidgin becomes extremely popular in Africa , ghanains will come and say we copied it from them looooooooollll
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2017
fanficgirl:

Why Obasanjo when he was horrible?

It is because Yardua and Buhari were corpses on life support.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2017
Olu317:
I do not understand your information.
God bless you too and everything that's yours.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
Nowenuse:

Well, i agree with Olu317, let's leave bitter histories behind and limit the amount of things we discuss on this thread.

The bottomline is that the South needs to unite as one and tag the middlebelt along, if not the core-north will continue to mislead the country. Do you agree?

Just for the records, you said middlebelters identify as North, biko, were we the ones who colonized ourselves? Millions of yorubas in Kwara and Kogi also identify as North-central. We hate the name but what can we do about it? ....You yorubas are a majority group with so much influence and power, what are you guys doing about your people trapped in the North?
If majority groups cannot do anything about it, i wonder what minority groups will now do.
They are not trapped.awolowo fought 4 a referendum and the ilorin yorubas still voted to be part of north.It has become their problem.like i said earlier,it isn't an issue 4 this thread.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
MrMaestro:
They better not. Nigeria is about 7x the size of Ghana. Ghana shouldn't really be suffering from power outage at this time.
Ghana is not suffering from power outage
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 24, 2017
Just30:
Ghana is not suffering from power outage
yipppyyy , oya let's Fry egg
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Olu317(m): 5:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
Nowenuse:

You have digressed my dear. The complaint was about development and not the knocks of these individuals. However, I will refrain from engaging you on bantering because of these men. The places you mentioned were destroyed based on the military judgement. Although, we know OBJ did messed up in some areas but he was the best as far as Nigeria is concerned. I want you to know Boko Haram existed during OBJ's tenure. Do you know who ordered the killing of their LEADER?, Indeed, you need to ponder over this. Let's not wash Nigeria's dirty linen in the Public.

Cheers
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
Olu317:
You have digressed my dear. The complaint was about development and not the knocks of these individuals. However, I will refrain from engaging you on bantering because of these men. The places you mentioned were destroyed based on the military judgement. Although, we know OBJ did messed up in some areas but he was the best as far as Nigeria is concerned. I want you to know Boko Haram existed during OBJ's tenure. Do you know who ordered the killing of their LEADER?, Indeed, you need to ponder over this. Let's not wash Nigeria's dirty linen in the Public.

Cheers

I thiink you can wash it in public abit wink , there is still some space. Let it get clean cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
uzzyfire:
yipppyyy , oya let's Fry egg

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.