Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (819) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6185092 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:18am On May 25, 2017
9jakool:

Lol I wasn't born yesterday. Those "dark" Arabs are Arabs with ancestry from Africa. There are also Arabs in Iraq, especially around Basrah. Those "dark" Arabs were descendants of slaves that was taken from Africa especially Zanj.

Again, you didn't catch were I said "....Nubians who are now reduced to a few areas." I know they exist today, my point was they held a larger territory historically than they do today.

Yes, I'm very familiar with Hind's content.
Oga, do you have a YouTube Channel to share all this knowledge grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:19am On May 25, 2017
ArtanK:

Please God, don't forbid that grin

PissedYagami what is your problem with Somalis? Don't act like other Kenyan tribes don't have a superiority complex. In Africa, everyone is proud of their tribe and are full of themselves. Why single out Somalis?

There could be some truth in that. With improved medical care and facilities, Somali people are multiplying fast shocked

I don't know and am apprehensive about how a Somali government would do. Especially due to religious differences. But they tend to be less corrupt so it may not be so bad grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:19am On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Oh grin grin grin Good to hear you support our rugby. I was surprised how you quickly dug that photo. Sounds like you know quite a lot about kenya, I guess kenyans make up your biggest friend list there. Rugby is very popular here, how about Sudan? I know their football.
I have always wondered why Sudan (minus S. Sudan) never made up an expatriate community in kenya. Of all surrounding nations, The Sudan is a conspicuous exception. I presume its not a religious barrier because Somali are Muslim but settled here enmasse. Is there a barrier to emigration in the Sudan?
Sudanese go to the Middle East
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:24am On May 25, 2017
Hati13:
Guys, most of the descendants of modern black Arabs were sold as a slaves by Abyssinians(Amharas, Tigrays and Agaws) and by Arab merchants from modern day Ethiopia and neighboring countries.

The slaves were divided into two. The first were red slaves(light skin), which included Oromos, Harars and others. The second were dark skinned(Bantus from modern day southern Ethiopia and neighboring countries). Those dark skinned slaves were called "Baria".

But, the Abyssinians personally sold only non-Christian people. Christian slaves were only sold by the Arab merchants and Oromos. Sometimes, the Abyssinians let the Arabs to buy some Abyssinians. Abyssinian slaves were highly demanded by to be used at a higher leve position, but they were considered slaves.

During emperor Menelik II expansion to SW, S and SE from Abyssinia, many Oromos and southern peoples were massacred and most of them were also sold as a slave to Arab states, Ottoman Turks and even to South Africa by the Abyssinians. Abyssinians had sold many millions of Bantus, Oromos and others. The number of slaves sold in the Horn of Africa were more than the Atlantic slave trade.

Our great emperor Menelik even had about 20,000 slaves by himself. Emperor Haile Selassie also had many thousands slaves by himself.

Slaverly in Ethiopia was abolished in 1932, but even after that, there were still many illegal slave trade.

Even my mother parents and her grandparents owned many slaves back then. But they were treated humanely as possible. When my mother grandparent died, he gave his wealth to his children's and to his 10 slaves equally. Even if they were slaves, he loved and cared for them equally as he loved and cared for his children's.

This part of our history is very shameful and it needed not to be repeated again.
Wait how did Oromos sell slaves?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:27am On May 25, 2017
freshest4live:

Lol it seems to me that many Ghanians believe we are all not trustworthy, criminals,419, etc. We Nigerians are also described by not just Ghanians but southafricans and blackamericans as loud and arrogant, this is the one that baffles me the most, loud in what way ?
Ha ha. grin

Nigerians speak with a raised voice. Always yelling while making conversation grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:29am On May 25, 2017
freshest4live:

Lol it seems to me that many Ghanians believe we are all not trustworthy, criminals,419, etc. We Nigerians are also described by not just Ghanians but southafricans and blackamericans as loud and arrogant, this is the one that baffles me the most, loud in what way?
I have been told by other Africans that I'm arrogant and loud as well lol. Baffles me as I'm not someone to praise myself
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:36am On May 25, 2017
vaxx:
i was using germany. You said it doesnt make sense. Now i use south korea. You said it is wrong. Well south korea suffer the same hardship any african state pass through during colonization . It is even worst as some scholar put it.

57 years is enough to turn things around. use malaysia, singapore and south korea as a case study. Ghana can also be blame too but it seems it perform better than nigeria when it comes to citizen welfare

considering nigeria big population and abundant natural resources. she should have reached a develop world category even before the aforemention countries. you need to note oil was not discover by the colonial master.it was discover by nigeria goverment when oil was at is boom perioud.

nigeria had all the chance then to utilise all the goodies for her own advantage. nigeria then had a good income from cocoa and timber which was use to build nigeria first mordarn city. lagos and ibadan. So what stop the development now comparing to how it started ealier after independence. It is now sluggish and may be worst in some state apart from state capital.

as i said earlier. blaming colonializm for our ordeal at this stage is a prove to show we are not serious.
In fairness, Japan's colonization of South Korea helped alot with infrastructure and education. USA also played a huge part!!! If I recall, USA was responsible for more tha. Half of investments in South Korea and we all know why wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:39am On May 25, 2017
uzzyfire:
looooll its not by having oil, cos Congo has more oil than Nigeria but how much us their GDP grin

dude thank ur God Kenya does not have oil
You and GDP grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:41am On May 25, 2017
freshest4live:

Lol, how many developed nations have oil? Nigeria was doing better before oil, our talents showed in various sectors within that short period, we were diversified. But the oil came and with money and the good life, we relaxed.
Corruption today was magnified on a larger scale partly due to this oil bloom. With the greed of politicians, the economy sank, but those at the top kept looting, many youths began to believe it is all man for himself, it doesn't matter as long as you make the money. In my opinion Nigeria with our population would have been much better without oil, if we had achieved political stability also.
Best post so far. In conclusion, end thread here
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:43am On May 25, 2017
obaaderemi:
But in which ways were the British better than the french as colonisers in Africa?Our people need to stop using colonisation as an excuse and move on.Morocco,Algeria and Tunisia were also colonised by france but are doing quite well today.Algeria suffered seriously at the hand of france but finally pushed out france.
French actually lived in North Africa so built infrastructure.
Britain was better than the French at least when it concerns Africa. For the most part they left their colonies alone except for when they had to pay taxes to Britain.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:44am On May 25, 2017
Muafrika2:

Ha ha. grin

Nigerians speak with a raised voice. Always yelling while making conversation grin
That has to do with noise pollution from generators.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:46am On May 25, 2017
Isahalbash:

Those chadian soldiers r very stubborn, I don't tink they will surrender. If I dey lie, ask shekaugrin
This made me laugh so hard grin. Only Nigerians can make a joke out of trajedy.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 4:53am On May 25, 2017
Hbuyosh:
U want to put the whole of Africa in the same category aa Nigeria.....nice try! SA, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and even Kenya would say an emphatic no! For they are ranked in the mid- Human Development category, while Nigeria....

http://hdr.undp.org/en/composite/HDI
Why use Zambia? I remember watching a documentary where it said more than 60 percent of people lived below the poverty and 80 in rural areas. No offense but the situation in Zambia looked dire, while their white Vice President just smiled with his nasty face while he sat in his mansion and made excuses. Seems they are also suffering numerous health issues.
Random but I used to know someone who dated the daughter of a Zambian politician. He said she would constantly brag about their BMWs and stolen wealth.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 5:04am On May 25, 2017
iamord:
its very sad to say the least, that cannery would have been a money spinner and transform ghana into a major dairy producer, but as professeur pat utomi pointed out .."ignorance is a bane of not just the nigerian youth but the african at large" he did well in terms of restoring order but he was not clean as potrayed..

read..

Wow shocked. That's so sad cry. Imagine to build yourself only for enemies of progress to tear you down
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 5:10am On May 25, 2017
nemesis2u:

i hope u know that India exports surplus electricity to neighboring countries.

slums in Mumbai r not ur average slums , example the dhravi slum in Mumbai has its own GDP of 4-5+ billion dollars and counting....., they export their products/services to Europe US and even china

how many cities worldwide has this kind of GDP ?
India suffers from epileptic power supplies and uses generators. Mumbai is still a dirty slum.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 5:12am On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I thought there was a time you guys were doing well? And it was still one big Nigeria
When was that? Hahahahahaha
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Isahalbash(m): 5:13am On May 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

This made me laugh so hard grin. Only Nigerians can make a joke out of trajedy.
grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 5:14am On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I thought there was a time you guys were doing well? And it was still one big Nigeria
I only know one time and tjat was when individual regions had autonomy.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 5:16am On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I have never heard the word corruption and Ghana in the same sentence!
Ghana is corrupt just lower according to African standards.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 5:17am On May 25, 2017
Hbuyosh:

We understand that. Nigeria over the years has been bedevilled by problems that have hampered its development prospects.

Religious tensions are so uncommon here. But Kenyans are not that very united though, I kid u not. We know that tribalism is rife in Nigeria, but in Kenya it is toxic, u can imagine to the extent of causing a fotum site like this one having to shut down cos the very divisive messages posted therein.
If there was a way to metricize national cohesion, Kenya would surely featuer at the very bottom of the table.

In Kenya, as it is the case in Nigeria the southern part of the country is better progressed than the Nothern regions, was it to be excised from the rest of Kenya.....well, they dragging us down in the every development rankings. But is it not their fault entirely. Our previous govts marginalized them for sone reasons. However, with the new constitutional dispensation guaranteeing development to the grassroots, things are opening up in those regions.
Wait, but some Kenyans here claimed one Kenya??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 5:21am On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

You use hit men! The state is not involved in any way
Please give the steps. Would love to try this.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 5:25am On May 25, 2017
Isahalbash:

You are absolutely right. The northerners r not dull, most of Dem are just unfortunate. When it cums to education d yorubas lead, but u will still find some not bn amble to continue schooling cos they can't cope. I swear I thought yorubas r not brilliant bfore until I started seeing news on nl where yorubas r performing wondersgrin

Those in my set r too dull for my liking.
From what I've seen igbos are the brilliant ones.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:57am On May 25, 2017
Hbuyosh:
U want to put the whole of Africa in the same category aa Nigeria.....nice try! SA, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and even Kenya would say an emphatic no! For they are ranked in the mid- Human Development category, while Nigeria....

http://hdr.undp.org/en/composite/HDI

I think u need to check Africa's color coded ratings in the link below and stop deluding urself.

I can't say more than this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:30am On May 25, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ArtanK(m): 7:42am On May 25, 2017
Muafrika2:

There could be some truth in that. With improved medical care and facilities, Somali people are multiplying fast shocked

I don't know and am apprehensive about how a Somali government would do. Especially due to religious differences. But they tend to be less corrupt so it may not be so bad grin

We're 20-25 million worldwide, we're not that many. The populations outside of Somalia has been increasing steadily, what's holding us back are the terrorists massacring people and causing famines in the vital fertile regions. As soon as we manage to kick those out, our population will skyrocket.

Tbh our problem has never be a religious one. It has always been clannism/tribalism and the nepotism that comes with it. (Hypothetically speaking) Perhaps ruling a multi-ethnic country would change all of that.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:44am On May 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

In fairness, Japan's colonization of South Korea helped alot with infrastructure and education. USA also played a huge part!!! If I recall, USA was responsible for more tha. Half of investments in South Korea and we all know why wink
japan of recent tender an apology for the damage she caused south korea on cultural damages and bad records taken by japan on an ancient korean family.

the japanese govt express her feelings of deep remorse and heartfelt apology for the tremendous damage and suffering brought by the colonial rule. sure usa might have a say. but the south korea develop a strong roadmap to development. Now south korea can stand on her two feat if usa decide to back off. Usa might even be affected.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:52am On May 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

This is kind of dishonest. Germany and UK population are relatively in the same range.
The countries with the highest living standards in Europe are the ones with with the tiniest populations.
The ones with the most opportunities are the more popolous ones (ignoring tanking countries like Italy and France).
I agree Nigeria can do a lot better and has a lot of potential it's not utilizing.
there is a diffrence between 60million population and 80million population. over 20million population diffrence. That is huge if i will say. Yet germany still outperform uk in every area of development. Population itself is a resources. You need to note it.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:52am On May 25, 2017
Nowenuse:

Must you insult someone to prove your point?

Calling a clearly foolish person a fool is not an insult. For example, you Mr. Nonsense, are stupid. That's not an insult but the truth.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:55am On May 25, 2017
Jay254:

You Nailed it Bro. reasoning with this guys

There's another crybaby with an ugly name that begins with O. Dude has no point rather than personal attacks on people who actually post useful information.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:03am On May 25, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I swear you almost beat me with that one then I recalled cheesy
You are arguing from the sleeping state grin
Hahaha,you funny boy.Of course,expecting more from a kenyan like you was inconsiderate of me.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:08am On May 25, 2017
vaxx:
japan of recent tender an apology for the damage she caused south korea on cultural damages and bad records taken by japan on an ancient korean family.

the japanese govt express her feelings of deep remorse and heartfelt apology for the tremendous damage and suffering brought by the colonial rule. sure usa might have a say. but the south korea develop a strong roadmap to development. Now south korea can stand on her two feat if usa decide to back off. Usa might even be affected.
Leave them, let them continue to blame colonialism.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iamord(m): 8:11am On May 25, 2017
fanficgirl:

Wow shocked. That's so sad cry. Imagine to build yourself only for enemies of progress to tear you down
it's very sad you know. we can be so deep with envy for our neighbour. this are untold stories..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.