Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) (24055 Views)

Bakare: Buhari Did Nothing About Benue Genocide Though Warned 18 Months Earlier / 2019: CAN Calls On Christians To Stone Pastor Bakare For Playing With God’s Name / Photo Of El-Rufai Kneeling Before Atiku Dug Up By Nigerians For Attacking Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by hazyfm1: 8:44am On Sep 05, 2016
Nice one
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by claremont(m): 8:52am On Sep 05, 2016
Meanwhile, there are 2 million hungry IDPs in this country. Is it a crime for all the churches in Nigeria to come together and raise money for them?! Of course, no one will think of that, because IDPs do not pay tithes and offerings.
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by danbrowndmf(m): 9:08am On Sep 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
Watched the video.

And I can authoritatively say this building will run into Billions. Unless the Banks are ready to finance this project,and I doubt that with the way the economy is.

And that brings me to the question,where will this money come from?
Salvation ministry in porthacourt is building a church of 120,000 capacity. It's wort more than 50billion yet they have never organize fund raising stuff before except for normal church service. What i'm trying to say is that church should wait for no mortal man to build the house. It is written 'i will build my own church and the gate of hell shall not prevail' it is also written 'by strength shall no man prevail'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by Tokziby: 9:12am On Sep 05, 2016
i am so impressed with the majority of what i'm reading here. I guess we are finally waking up to the reality of life and the days of follow-follow is becoming a thing of the past. You can never find any of this type of edifice for a church in a developed country. They are either schools, shopping malls, or research and development center that adds values to the society at large. if its going to have library will it be public library or theology library. Also from building, i observe that there is only one road leading to the building and that is the greatest mistake of all, a 5000+ capacity with one point of entry and exit (for cars) is definitely bound for doom!!! its against the health and safety ethics.
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by MightySparrow: 9:14am On Sep 05, 2016
Al - taqquiya visit?
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by asamaigho(m): 9:24am On Sep 05, 2016
mrvitalis:
When will Christian pastors... organise a fundraising for the unemployed graduates in their church.. . To give them loan to start business

Mesef i tire ooo,everyone is just after self, i wonder where d selfless teaching of christ has gone.

I dont really support a muslim and other non believers donating to church projects.
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by MightySparrow: 9:31am On Sep 05, 2016
Tokziby:
i am so impressed with the majority of what i'm reading here. I guess we are finally waking up to the reality of life and the days of follow-follow is becoming a thing of the past. You can never find any of this type of edifice for a church in a developed country. They are either schools, shopping malls, or research and development center that adds values to the society at large. if its going to have library will it be public library or theology library. Also from building, i observe that there is only one road leading to the building and that is the greatest mistake of all, a 5000+ capacity with one point of entry and exit (for cars) is definitely bound for doom!!! its against the health and safety ethics.

I read such posts like yours often and see lack of understanding of history. The developed world took their source from the church. The church people today read more than the secular or academic. In school we read for certification but one drives a nation is what people read after school. And, this is lacking among African leaders. So, I don't mind the church building edifices and all that.

The impacts will soon follow. Think about Newton, Faraday, Galileo, Lord Rutherford.....
Da Vinci, Angelo..... The exotic church design of catholic cathedrals are all works of minds who wanted to give their Gods the best. These later translated to industrial revolution in Europe

The Beautiful Arabian architecture and great mosques are a testimonial to this fact. The great Arabian astronomers and mathematicians were mostly religious people. Churches and mosques should continue to spread and be creative and represent God well.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by Goke7: 9:33am On Sep 05, 2016
MightySparrow:

I read such posts like yours often and see lack of understanding of history. The developed world took their source from the church. The church people today read more than the secular or academic. In school we read for certification but one drives a nation is what people read after school. And, this is lacking among African leaders. So, I don't mind the church building edifices and all that.

The impacts will soon follow. Think about Newton, Faraday, Galileo, Lord Rutherford.....
Da Vinci, Angelo..... The exotic church design of catholic cathedrals are all works of minds who wanted to give their Gods the best. These later translated to industrial revolution in Europe

The Beautiful Arabian architecture and great mosques are a testimonial to this fact. The great Arabian astronomers and mathematicians were mostly religious people. Churches and mosques should continue to spread and be creative and represent God well.

beautiful explanation, God bless you

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by doyex03: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2016
if u r a Christian & u r condemning this, then ur Church is still in adject poverty and for Muslims cultivate d habit of giving to mosque like d Christian. for others note, no matter what, poverty will never seize in d land.
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by Goke7: 9:39am On Sep 05, 2016
I just laugh here seeing comments about el rufai. There is a personal bond between el rufai and bakare. Its beyond politics and religion. El-rufai said during bakare's 60th birthday that when he was dead broke after leaving obj's Govt, only bakare was there for him all through even helping him sorting out his children's school fees. Of course its when you are in crisis you know who your friends are.

There will be nothing that Bakare will do in this life that El-rufai won't be involved. Those guys are pals for life.

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by timunstopable: 9:47am On Sep 05, 2016
Tokziby:

Developed world ?Have you seen Joel Osteen Church,TD Jakes Church ,Creflo Dollar Church I guess they are in developing countries

Una go stay for your village never reach airport they tell us what is happening in developed world

To this building I rather abstain from commenting

But don't tell me nonsense about devloped world you know nothing about

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by miqos02(m): 10:01am On Sep 05, 2016
congi:

This building has been in the pipeline since 2002 when I last attended LRA. It is not a new plan. The land at Oregun was bought more than 10 years ago.
you are right, the plan has also been modified several times
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by lolamitayo: 10:03am On Sep 05, 2016
Mega church what about mega life?
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by ministeriallist: 10:30am On Sep 05, 2016
mrvitalis:
When will Christian pastors... organise a fundraising for the unemployed graduates in their church.. . To give them loan to start business
Let me ask you a question: If the loan is raised for business, will it generate tithe and offerings? grin
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by mrvitalis(m): 10:41am On Sep 05, 2016
ministeriallist:

Let me ask you a question: If the loan is raised for business, will it generate tithe and offerings? grin
Yes.. this people will enter business and male gain.. Give bigger offerings and pay bigger tithe ans their believe in God will be higher
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by fortunechy(m): 10:47am On Sep 05, 2016
naija pastors playing politics since 1655
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by mastermaestro(m): 11:30am On Sep 05, 2016
innolala:
Building a physical church with billions is not it. Who is d church we r the church so build up ur followers in the most holy faith. Wat will u profit if u build a church worth billions nd ur members r nt build up in the most holy faith. David wanted to build God a defeating house bt God told him "u cant build me a house cuz I wont stay I move frm place to place" Build d pple nt d physical house.

You were making sense until you distorted David's account where he expressed his desire to build GOD a worship place. You lied blatantly here! Let me assume you are ignorant of what GOD told David exactly. Read it up again, come back to correct your misinformation (1 Chronicles 22:6- 8

The same GOD commanded Moses to build HIM a sanctuary.
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by olawonder(m): 11:36am On Sep 05, 2016
Thr's enough church buildings in Nigeria already! Raise funds to build industries, technical training centres, roads, infrastructure etc... What's d point of building places whr ppl will come to cry to 'the lord' for jobs when u can actually build that place of jobs in d first place?!
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by innolala(m): 11:52am On Sep 05, 2016
Mr man I didnt lie go nd read 2Samule 7:1-8 nd see wat God told him.i guess u r d one dat is ignorant
mastermaestro:

You were making sense until you distorted David's account where he expressed his desire to build GOD a worship place. You lied blatantly here! Let me assume you are ignorant of what GOD told David exactly. Read it up again, come back to correct your misinformation (1 Chronicles 22:6- 8

The same GOD commanded Moses to build HIM a sanctuary.
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by Decibel: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2016
Goke7:
I just laugh here seeing comments about el rufai. There is a personal bond between el rufai and bakare. Its beyond politics and religion. El-rufai said during bakare's 60th birthday that when he was dead broke after leaving obj's Govt, only bakare was there for him all through even helping him sorting out his children's school fees. Of course its when you are in crisis you know who your friends are.

There will be nothing that Bakare will do in this life that El-rufai won't be involved. Those guys are pals for life.
… and you believed the midget? Go and read about elrufai biography again.
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by Decibel: 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
timunstopable:

Developed world ?Have you seen Joel Osteen Church,TD Jakes Church ,Creflo Dollar Church I guess they are in developing countries

Una go stay for your village never reach airport they tell us what is happening in developed world

To this building I rather abstain from commenting

But don't tell me nonsense about devloped world you know nothing about

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by brojoshua: 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2016
If post is true, I say end time pastors building their things; kingdoms of heaven on the earth. So many slaves in the "house" who are doing many things to look like sons. And if these chose to be building temples on the earth, let them be building them, for that is their only reward, glory and all forever
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by mastermaestro(m): 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
innolala:
Mr man I didnt lie go nd read 2Samule 7:1-8 nd see wat God told him.i guess u r d one dat is ignorant

It is people like you that distort Bible information. Read up where you claim to have got your information from and give me the specific reason GOD told Nathan to tell David why he should not to build HIM a house of worship. Afterwards go read the reference I gave you.

No wonder Nairaland religion section is a pit of lies where people who barely know and understand the Bible buy and sell distorted Biblical information.
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by innolala(m): 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
Mr knw it all I knw wat ibsaid nd instand on my group. It is u dat tink u knw it all nd dont knw anytin. I knw ur type d ones dat fell d knw bible cover to cover bt if dey check ur heart it is as black as charcoal. Even if u feel I quote am wrong dis is nt deyvway to correct someone. Is dat hw u preach to pple wiy insult. No wonder pple rather no hear ur type preach.
mastermaestro:

It is people like you that distort Bible information. Read up where you claim to have got your information from and give me the specific reason GOD told Nathan to tell David why he should not to build HIM a house of worship. Afterwards go read the reference I gave you.

No wonder Nairaland religion section is a pit of lies where people who barely know and understand the Bible buy and sell distorted Biblical information.
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by mastermaestro(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2016
innolala:
Mr knw it all I knw wat ibsaid nd instand on my group. It is u dat tink u knw it all nd dont knw anytin. I knw ur type d ones dat fell d knw bible cover to cover bt if dey check ur heart it is as black as charcoal. Even if u feel I quote am wrong dis is nt deyvway to correct someone. Is dat hw u preach to pple wiy insult. No wonder pple rather no hear ur type preach.

My heart is not charcoal dude. grin I meant no harm. smiley I am sorry if I sounded too harsh. Shalom! smiley
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by farem: 1:47pm On Sep 05, 2016
blackpanda:

Building a church does not negate helping the poor. The fact that the pastor is constructing a huge building doesnt mean he is not also helping the poor. My quarrel will be if he used the money to buy rolls royce or private jets like a particular popular bishop in ogun state.

If you have issues with 'a particular popular bishop in ogun state' let us know. Because I find it illogical and unconnected with what you just wrote here.

You need to tell us one worship centre anywhere that could dwarf what that : particular bishop in ogun state' has constructed or individuals you know that have been generous more than him (we need fact and figure) to bring people to your side. Not mere generalisation and lazy propaganda).

You see, there is nowhere hip hop artistes are blessed or pastors are cursed from not using luxury items (mere fact that some have made it their life ambition will not invalidate this truth).

This chronic idea that you must see your pastor and his family live tattered life to believe they are actually called by God is entirely unbiblical and satanic.

Thank you.

NB:I am not an advocate of pastors-must-use-jets o
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by innolala(m): 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
Ohk better nw u r talking better dat calling meca lair in ur first statement. Sorry too if I used a harsh word on u. Iron sharpens iron bt 4 u to jst start by saying I lied. Am open to correction bt nt harshly. Peace
mastermaestro:

My heart is not charcoal dude. grin I meant no harm. smiley I am sorry if I sounded too harsh. Shalom! smiley
Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2016
Food for thought[size=8pt][/size]

Re: El-rufai Joins Bakare For His Church Fundraising In Lagos(pics,video) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2016
This really look good. A mallam at a church fund raising. But the question is, can Bakare return the gesture when he is invited to a mosque fund raising, without a public outcry?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance / Buratai, Other Ex-Service Chiefs In Senate For Ambassadorial Screening / Gov. Yuguda & Emir Of Bauchi Playing Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.