Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,386 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa (21468 Views)

Peter Obi Visits Goodluck Jonathan At His Residence In Otuoke (photos) / Peter Obi Visits Governor Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) / Peter Obi Visits Fr. Mbaka (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by PaulIdu: 9:51am On Sep 05, 2016
Zenas212:
So a mere mortal (pope) who is a sinner has the right to pronounce someone a saint. Some many people are so blind. So much Idolatry in Catholic Church. Na only God fit save una.

Yes he does because saints are only pronounced by men
. There is no record anywhere of God pronouncing anyone as saint

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by Franchise21(m): 9:52am On Sep 05, 2016
Nice
Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by RareDiamonds: 9:52am On Sep 05, 2016
Anybody who uses his cursed fingers and mouth to write or say rubbish about the Holy Catholic Church is not only a debased m0ron but an insane simpleton that must be in a psychiatric home.

The protestant churches who hates when Catholics asked saints to pray for them are quick to ask their sinful and mortal pastors to pray them.

They hate it when we call Holy Mary our mother but are quick to call their general overseer and his wife mummy and daddy.

They hate it when we put the images of Jesus Christ, Mary and Joseph but are quick to put the pictures of their General overseers, his wife and their pastors.

The thunder that will fire you guys will come like a thief in the night.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by Mopolchi: 9:53am On Sep 05, 2016
Freeglobe and globe16 come see saint Peter Obi.
Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by Lnrprince(m): 9:54am On Sep 05, 2016
but what is the connection between obi and Theresa, or the late mothers name na Theresa ?
Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by sekeyso(m): 10:04am On Sep 05, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
St Theresa pray for us..
Rubbish.

Catholic is a cult.

And how does that put food in your table or concerns you..."go and die". Fools be hating on Catholics since 01AD

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by kally90(f): 10:10am On Sep 05, 2016
Scatterscatter:
I have just one prayer for my Catholic friends. "I pray God in his mercy have mercy on you all especially those at the bottom of the carder (the ordinary church members)" this is because you don't know a jack about what catholism is truly all about.
The Vatican is a political stronghold used mainly to oppress the world in the crusade era, taking over territories and enslaving people!

Listen, Bowing to images is idolatry which is an abomination before God.

The Bible clearly states it that "Jesus is the way, the truth and the life ;no one cometh to the Father except through him." Jesus is also at the right hand side of God interceding on our behalf so please tell me why you have to go to the Father through mere mortals that will also be judged at the last day.!

Catholism is just another religion hiding under the shadow of Christianity.

Mind you, Jesus didn't come to start a religion, he came to show us the way to the Father and one of the promise he made while ascending was that he will send us the Holy Spirit to guide us, comfort us and show us what to do. Jesus never prayed through any man and he never taught us to pray dat way.

Catholics beware, the devil has taken over your religion.!!!
we have heard you.Next please.......
Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by CeeTeeOoo: 10:14am On Sep 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
Cool guy.

Was he not just sued?now back to why I am here,and this question is to my Catholic friends.

So the Catholics if they want to pray to God,will have to pray through her now?with words like Mother Theresa pray for us?

Team Mountain of Fire and Miracles Church.

When you are going up a skyscraper, you can use the stairs, but do not bad mouth others who prefer to use the elevator. Do not put God in a box.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by adegeye38(m): 10:15am On Sep 05, 2016
khaymillers:
wait o mother theresa is still alive? So all these years I have been thinking she lived in the 19th century period
She is dead, she died in 1997 she was just made a saint

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by Alameer(m): 10:16am On Sep 05, 2016
I just hope other cristians will embraces islam
Look how she dress decently
Islam lights the way
Our women hijjab gives her intergrity
...[color=#006600][/color] smiley
Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by veeluv2015(f): 10:18am On Sep 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
Cool guy.

Was he not just sued?now back to why I am here,and this question is to my Catholic friends.

So the Catholics if they want to pray to God,will have to pray through her now?with words like Mother Theresa pray for us?

Oh...it will now be SAINT THERESA....PRAY FOR US!

No be today e start and we no go end am so get yourself acquainted with that.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by raphieMontella: 10:40am On Sep 05, 2016
emmanwandud:
That akward moment where mother Theresa also needs help where she is. So what happened to jesus and the blood he shed on calvary? This is more of a ritual because mother Theresa is long gone and has nothing to offer absolutely nothing. Quote me and face the repercussion
see this one
Lol weyrey!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by raphieMontella: 10:43am On Sep 05, 2016
these catholics and their hilarious traditions ehn...lol
Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by onwuakpachris(m): 10:53am On Sep 05, 2016
catholicism...pure fusion of paganism and christian doctrines to please both sides as .during the time of constantine the great..there was a great rivalry and clashes between the early Christians and pagans all over the Roman empire..Constantine being a shrewd and wise politician saw that the Christians were gaining the upper hand and were greatly increasing in number..hence in other to save his empire from imminent collapse he called together all d religious leaders @ the council of nicea in 327Ad and charged them to fuse(combine)together pagan and christian doctrines into a new state religion "christianity" to please both sides..hence the great debate kicked off..from whether Christ should be made God( divine)..to books to be included or not to be included in the bible..to dates for Christmas..e.t.c ..everything was debated and voted for..d debaters upheld the christian belief in one God..but in other to also please the pagans who were use to the belief in many gods brought Christ and the holy spirit into d god equation hence the pagan doctrine of the"Trinity" was born..the pagans so much adored women ...hence they regard women as the "sacred feminine"...hence without a woman..the god equation would never be complete and acceptable to them...as the egyptians had osiris nd his wife isis and son horus..the greeks had zeus nd his wife hera and son apollo(the sun god)..and the romans had jupiter and his wife juno and son mars..e.t.c and many other ancient pagans with the god equation of the "trinity"hence the debaters brought in a woman..Mary into the god equation..but in other not to anger the Christians by naming her a "god or wife of god"..they wisely named her "mother of god"..replaced her with the holy spirit in the Trinity.. but still adored her even more than the father and the son..to please the pagans who believed that the god mother is the channel to the god father and son as women are more caring and loving..hence the debaters instituted that God should be beseeched in prayers through Mary..to also please the pagans..the debaters placed the Christmas day on December 25..a day the pagans widely celebrate the return/birth of the sun worshipped as a god..and also placed the day of worship not on a saturday the true sabbath day but on a sunday..the day the pagans worshipped the sun...the debaters also approved the use of nd veneration of images in prayers to appease the pagans who were use to venerating images...in fact the most common image of Mary carrying baby Jesus on her laps commonly known as "Madonna of the rocks"..is the exact copy of the very image..the Egyptians used for Isis their mother goddess carying Horus..again the half moonlike shape called "halo" commonly used around the head of Christ..Mary and all the saints..was copied from the pagans who used same on their gods..e.t.c e.tc .infact there are so many other proofs and symbolisms to proove ma point beyond all reasonable doubt but of Cus let me just stop here for now...........
Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by raphieMontella: 10:59am On Sep 05, 2016
Zenas212:
So a mere mortal (pope) who is a sinner has the right to pronounce someone a saint. Some many people are so blind. So much Idolatry in Catholic Church. Na only God fit save una.
but ur pastor pronounces u healed and u are healed....shey its not the same holy spirit working tru both of them ni?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by raphieMontella: 11:00am On Sep 05, 2016
Scatterscatter:
I have just one prayer for my Catholic friends. "I pray God in his mercy have mercy on you all especially those at the bottom of the carder (the ordinary church members)" this is because you don't know a jack about what catholism is truly all about.
The Vatican is a political stronghold used mainly to oppress the world in the crusade era, taking over territories and enslaving people!

The Bible clearly states it that "Jesus is the way, the truth and the life ;no one cometh to the Father except through him." Jesus is also at the right hand side of God interceding on our behalf so please tell me why you have to go to the Father through mere mortals that will also be judged at the last day.!

Mind you, Jesus didn't come to start a religion, he came to show us the way to the Father and one of the promise he made while ascending was that he will send us the Holy Spirit to guide us, comfort us and show us what to do. Jesus never prayed through any man and he never taught us to pray dat way.

shhh! That devil gave u the demonic book called the bible ni!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by skyice(m): 11:01am On Sep 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
Cool guy.

Catholics don't pray through saints. They Call on saints for intercession same way you call on your pastors and brethren to intercede on your behalf.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by MaeBlocks(f): 11:06am On Sep 05, 2016
Why worry yourself about the catholics mode of worship. Worry about yourself and let God be the judge at the end of the day.
Scatterscatter:

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by raphieMontella: 11:08am On Sep 05, 2016
onwuakpachris:
catholicism...pure fusion of paganism and christian doctrines to please both sides as .during the time of constantine the great..there was a great rivalry and clashes between the early Christians and pagans all over the Roman empire..Constantine being a shrewd and wise politician saw that the Christians were gaining the upper hand and were greatly increasing in number..hence in other to save his empire from imminent collapse he called together all d religious leaders @ the council of nicea in 327Ad and charged them to fuse(combine)together pagan and christian doctrines into a new state religion "christianity" to please both sides..hence the great debate kicked off..from whether Christ should be made God( divine)..to books to be included or not to be included in the bible..to dates for Christmas..e.t.c ..everything was debated and voted for..d debaters upheld the christian belief in one God..but in other to also please the pagans who were use to the belief in many gods brought Christ and the holy spirit into d god equation hence the pagan doctrine of the"Trinity" was born..the pagans so much adored women ...hence they regard women as the "sacred feminine"...hence without a woman..the god equation would never be complete and acceptable to them...as the egyptians had osiris nd his wife isis and son horus..the greeks had zeus nd his wife hera and son apollo(the sun god)..and the romans had jupiter and his wife juno and son mars..e.t.c and many other ancient pagans with the god equation of the "trinity"hence the debaters brought in a woman..Mary into the god equation..but in other not to anger the Christians by naming her a "god or wife of god"..they wisely named her "mother of god"..replaced her with the holy spirit in the Trinity.. but still adored her even more than the father and the son..to please the pagans who believed that the god mother is the channel to the god father and son as women are more caring and loving..hence the debaters instituted that God should be beseeched in prayers through Mary..to also please the pagans..the debaters placed the Christmas day on December 25..a day the pagans widely celebrate the return/birth of the sun worshipped as a god..and also placed the day of worship not on a saturday the true sabbath day but on a sunday..the day the pagans worshipped the sun...the debaters also approved the use of nd veneration of images in prayers to appease the pagans who were use to venerating images...in fact the most common image of Mary carrying baby Jesus on her laps commonly known as "Madonna of the rocks"..is the exact copy of the very image..the Egyptians used for Isis their mother goddess carying Horus..again the half moonlike shape called "halo" commonly used around the head of Christ..Mary and all the saints..was copied from the pagans who used same on their gods..e.t.c e.tc .infact there are so many other proofs and symbolisms to proove ma point beyond all reasonable doubt but of Cus let me just stop here for now...........
asin ehn...christianity bros
matthew had to search for prophecies,,made events up,,created prophecies,,for the status of jesus to be elevated to God..
The bible itself is catholic tradition..
Catholics interpolated the bible at will...forged many shvts to please their religion..
Paul created the last supper,,
many shvts...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by cyrilamx(m): 11:10am On Sep 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
Cool guy.

actually not just Catholics...anybody who feels she wants her prayer. Because Christ is alive she is alive in heaven. It is only her human body that died awaiting the resurrection. Her soul found worthy to behold the beatific vision- the presence of God. This is called the communion of saints...we the church militants here on earth still struggling are not caught off from our lived ones who died as friends of God...infact they even more inclined to present our prayers before God which in no way diminished the one mediatorship of Christ. Here we ask our friends and Pastors to pray for us...however I see it...this is also mediation, because we trust in the efficacy of their prayers. So just as we do here, we ask Mother now St. Theresa of Calcutta to pray for us. The idea of asking saints or holy men and women to pray for us was common among early Christians and pre-dated the Bible. In the catacombs one sees the inscription at the tomb of the martyrs asking their intercession...if Christ could say Abraham Isaacs and Jacob are alive then making the Heavenly Father, God of the living and not of the dead, then our faith in the church-the bride of Christ through her infallible teaching authorities bestowed on her by Christ in Matt. 16:18(first on St. Peter) and then in Matt. 18:18ff( on rest of the Apostles) is strengthened. It is same authority of binding and loosing the Catholic Church exercised in determining the canons of the scripture in councils of Hippo (393 A.D.) and carthage (397 A.D.) which she named the Bible and handed same to successor of St. Peter, Pope Damasus in Rome for approval. Their are procedure for enrolment of holy people in lists of saints(canonisation). I will dwell on that if you so eager for info and not bigoted ctiticism.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by seacoast(m): 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2016
After reading some comments against the Catholic Church, Jimmy cliff's song titled THE HARDER THEY COME, THE HARDER THEY FALL, ONE AND ALL. comes to my mind.

We are Catholic, we are Apostolic, We are One. God bless the church the Catholic Church.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by krysTein(m): 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2016
Scatterscatter:

Nice speech..... clap for ur dumbass

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by btoks: 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
Jokerman:

Authority of the Catholic church??
Except you can confirm that it was your church's GO who decreed the biblical canon in AD 382, or your church convened the synod of AD 393 or 397(Hippo, Carthage) that further confirmed the canon, then yes the Authority of the Catholic Church.

Jesus establised a church and gave it authority to bind and lose.That church continues to do so today just like we have governments who make and uphold laws. Except you can point to another church that does such.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by Vilshow(m): 12:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
Cool guy.

Why Condemn and Justify another person's belief? Seek knowledge and don't run your mouth any how again.
In btw before you rant I'm a member of MFM

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by Mariojane(f): 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
HungerBAD:
Cool guy.

the same way you call your pastors and knee before them saying 'pray for you' is the say way catholic say pray for them. or is the statement too complex to understand?

mountain of fire? though i don't condemn people religion or churches but una no suppose to dey talk. your church do not believe anything is natural. they believe everything has connection to their village place of birth. if a child is stubborn they will say is the devil. if you fight with your neighbour you will start invoking fire or him or her.
my boss is a mountain of fire's member or Pastor and some of his prayer point at times scares the devil himself. what happen to praying for your enemies repentant and not always consuming them by fire. who go envy you when you become rich when you ve killed all of them by fire. you shout fire for your enemy, do you know you are someone's enemy? if na like that enemies dey die then there won't be anyone on earth.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by donnie(m): 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2016
Jailerrr:
What does it profit you? nak your head for wall and who fucking cares.

Problem is with our understanding of the word SAINT. No man can make a saint. Only God does... and doesnt do it after they are dead, but while they are alive. Every born-again child of God is a saint!
Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by amanze15(m): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2016
Rednaxelot:
Imagine!

And some people would start criticizing him if it was a traditional masquerade festival or okija ritual he had was visiting in Anambra State, and calling him pagan.

What is now the difference between this one in Vatican City and traditional masquerade festival or okija ritual in Anambra State?
this is currently a huge problem in southeastern Nigeria, the rich donors to the church still gyrate to traditional masquerade folk music and eat the new yam traditionally, it's our identity, but the question is now, what did the old mission tell our great grandfathers?! "it is the same CHI" or "keep your tradition while you belive in chukwu"....
Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by amanze15(m): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2016
donnie:

Problem is with our understanding of the word SAINT. No man can make a saint. Only God does... and doesnt do it after they are dead, but while they are alive. Every born-again child of God is a saint!
this is your own opinion, but come to think of it, can you live a selfless life like she did?! in a country that is hostile to christianity, because of her a lot of Indians were converted, a mean alot.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by MrGerald(m): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2016
Scatterscatter:

So what abt your pastors that gives you holy ghost powered handkerchief, oil, road safety jackets, etc at high price to pray with? that's worst occult

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by amanze15(m): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
raphieMontella:
these catholics and their hilarious traditions ehn...lol
smiley for each his own, i just think it wouldnt have stood the test of time if its was "hilarious"
Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by amanze15(m): 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2016
raphieMontella:

asin ehn...christianity bros
matthew had to search for prophecies,,made events up,,created prophecies,,for the status of jesus to be elevated to God..
The bible itself is catholic tradition..
Catholics interpolated the bible at will...forged many shvts to please their religion..
Paul created the last supper,,
many shvts...
haba grin grin grin bros internet is cheaper now and you should read your bible more, common, you don't need to hate what you don't believe

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa by cyrilamx(m): 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2016
onwuakpachris:
I wish I can meet u one on one, you will be convinced otherwise that catholicism is not what you think. The venerable Archbishop futon sheen, the first televangelist in America once remarked: fewer than hundreds hate the Catholic Church for what she is, but millions hate the church for what they think she is. This is made possible by tract authors and protestant fundamentalists who make a living from attacking the church...theirs is not about presenting fact rather bashing of the church.if you think that similarities of Catholic worship and rituals with paganism makes the church guilty of syncretism and that unqualified her as Christ's church, then the Bible which is a product of the church is fake...the book of Genesis is a hoax because the creation story is reminiscent of/or patterned according to the Babylonia's account of creation called Epic of Gilgamesh .Historical accounts prove that the epic of gilgamesh is older than the genesis account of creation. So according to you, Genesis is fraud and since is the foundation of our salvation history, every book that comes after it is mere fairy tales. ....if catholicism is wrong, then so is the Bible you read and base your faith on. So is Sunday worship. In vain is your ur belief that Christ is God. Useless is your Christmas n Easter celebration. Also useless is your calender because the present calender we follow was as a reform of Pope Gregory xiii in 1582...should I go on why even your Christian faith is a ruse if catholicm is a syncretic religion as you erroneously post here? A Faith that have survived several attempts by emperors and hostile nations to eradicate it in different centuries, in different countries, yet outlived her persecutors...many priest's n sisters have shed their bloods going to pagan lands to bring the gospel of Christ to them which one of the early Church Fathers' averred "the blood of the martyrs is the seed of Christianity"...I know you belong to one of this new generation church without history founded on the whims and caprice of one man, who may lie to u he got a calling from God, yet so are many splinter groups, 33k alone in the United States, we don't know how many in Nigeria. How can such groups claim to be following the scripture yet disobedience to Christ who prayed for unity of his church in Jn 17. If the Catholic Church has endured for 2 millennia then doesn't that tell you something about Christ's words to Simon Peter in Matt. 16:16-20?. At the time the books of the canons of the Bible was settled in 393 in Hippo and 397 in Carthage under the chairmanship of St. Augustine, the great African Bishop of Hippo, the Catholic Church founded by Christ had already had few popes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: We’ll Campaign Vigorously For Buhari, Sanwo-olu, Says Ambode / Buhari Condemns Sokoto Killings, Plans New Security Measures / 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.