Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage (1052 Views)

6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage / [MUST READ] 6 Secrets Nobody Tells You About M@sturbating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by dammy13(m): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2016
1. Have a cheap wedding:
The easiest thing to start fighting about marriage is finances. Take time to spend only what you can conveniently afford. Otherwise, money based arguments will find their way into the bedroom.

2. Use the word “we” often:
According to a study carried out in University of California, Berkeley, couples who use the word ‘we’ and ‘us’ when they are arguing easily resolve their issues and don’t suffer much stress.

3. Doing things that you both enjoy:
Some people participate in activities their partner strongly dislikes. This may lead to unhappiness in the marriage.

4. You are going to disagree :
I remember the first disagreement my husband and I had – we thought the world was LITERALLY ending! We quickly learned that as husband and wife – we definitely weren’t going to see eye to eye on EVERY little circumstance. And not only were we not going to see eye to eye, but that was okay! You are going to hit bumps and road blocks on your journey together, but it is how you get through them that matters. I always just say, “It’s okay if you disagree with me. I can’t force you to be right.”

5. Think before you speak :
I will be the first to tell you that I am a TALKER and I can ramble on and on about anything. When it comes to your spouse, be careful what you say. They have feelings too and for some reason when a comment comes from those we love, we take it to heart much more.

6. Add Yours....

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2016/09/6-secrets-for-successful-marriage.html

Lalasticlala Dominique Ishilove
Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by falconey(m): 11:18am On Sep 05, 2016
where is the last one? number 1 is hilarious grin.
Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 05, 2016
There are no secrets to successful marriage. Just get married to the one you love and back the rest up with prayers.

1 Like

Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 05, 2016
falconey:
where is the last one? number 1 is hilarious grin.
what is wrong with having a cheap wedding? sad
Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 05, 2016
Vizkizz:
There are no secrets to successful marriage. Just get married to the one you love and back the rest up with prayers.

Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by firstking01(m): 11:27am On Sep 05, 2016
That no 1 tho...wedding is just a day event, marriage is the real deal.
Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by lola024(f): 11:29am On Sep 05, 2016
There is no point, spending a million dollar for a wedding and go broke after.....Nice tips

1 Like

Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by falconey(m): 11:39am On Sep 05, 2016
CrazyQuinn:
what is wrong with having a cheap wedding? sad

"cheap wedding" yeah right, middle class men use this illusion to plan and budget their wedding, we all know at the end the expenses do surpass their budget line. then it won't be "cheap" in their eyes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by joseph1832(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2016
dammy13:
1. Have a cheap wedding:
The easiest thing to start fighting about marriage is finances. Take time to spend only what you can conveniently afford. Otherwise, money based arguments will find their way into the bedroom.

2. Use the word “we” often:
According to a study carried out in University of California, Berkeley, couples who use the word ‘we’ and ‘us’ when they are arguing easily resolve their issues and don’t suffer much stress.

3. Doing things that you both enjoy:
Some people participate in activities their partner strongly dislikes. This may lead to unhappiness in the marriage.

4. You are going to disagree :
I remember the first disagreement my husband and I had – we thought the world was LITERALLY ending! We quickly learned that as husband and wife – we definitely weren’t going to see eye to eye on EVERY little circumstance. And not only were we not going to see eye to eye, but that was okay! You are going to hit bumps and road blocks on your journey together, but it is how you get through them that matters. I always just say, “It’s okay if you disagree with me. I can’t force you to be right.”

5. Think before you speak :
I will be the first to tell you that I am a TALKER and I can ramble on and on about anything. When it comes to your spouse, be careful what you say. They have feelings too and for some reason when a comment comes from those we love, we take it to heart much more.

6. Add Yours....

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2016/09/6-secrets-for-successful-marriage.html

Lalasticlala Dominic Ishilove
And I suppose this shared secrets is full proof in its entirety.

What about those who followed this alleged secrets and their marriage isn't a success
Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 05, 2016
falconey:

"cheap wedding" yeah right, middle class men use this illusion to plan and budget their wedding, we all know at the end the expenses do surpass their budget line. then it won't be "cheap" in their eyes.
Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by joseph1832(m): 11:48am On Sep 05, 2016
falconey:

I have a friend who deluded himself into believing he can have a cheap wedding.

After he calculated how much he's spent just a month to the wedding, he was looking at 2.7 million Naira.

When he told me this, I laughed at him and told him straight in his face that, that money could have been enough to send his kids through primary and secondary school, not to talk of university.

He asked me later how much is my estimate of a 'cheap wedding' I simply told him, "go to court and get married". The only expense is just transport fare, to and fro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by falconey(m): 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2016
joseph1832:

After he calculated how much he's spent just a month to the wedding, he was looking at 2.7 million Naira.

When he told me this, I laughed at him and told him straight in his face that, that money could have been enough to send his kids through primary and secondary school, not to talk of university.

He asked me later how much is my estimate of a 'cheap wedding' I simply told him, "go to court and get married". The only expense is just transport fare, to and fro.

LWKM hahahaha crazyQuinn here is a practical example from a boss

3 Likes

Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2016
joseph1832:

Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2016
falconey:

Yea, actually, that's the truth. Expenditure usually run high at the end of the day. But really, must there be a reception after the church blessings?

1 Like

Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by dammy13(m): 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
joseph1832:

Wow. One bottle of Origin for you
Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by falconey(m): 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Yea, actually, that's the truth. Expenditure usually run high at the end of the day. But really, must there be a reception after the church blessings?

it is a tradition I reckon.
Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
Traditions can be amended, I believe.
Re: 6 Secrets For A Successful Marriage by Flexherbal(m): 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Traditions can be amended, I believe.
100%

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Good Morning Fellow Rosmancelander / Woman Exposes Pastor Who Lured Her Into Having Sex With Him / What's The First Thing That Attracts You To The Opposite Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.