Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi (44831 Views)

Is it true that the whole of the South west is smaller than Niger state? / Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta from Sanusi / Lagos Holds Better Prospects Than The Niger Delta - SANUSI : VANGUARD NEWS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Blakjewelry(m): 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2016
aribisala0:
No one said there is no port but WHAT KIND of port.

Do YOU KNOW how ports are classified?
What is the water depth
What is the capacity of the Warri port
Is it by the sea or on a river
How many containers can it handle daily?
Do you know what happened to the Forcados River
Warri port is a river port but Burutu port is close to the sea. What the warri needs is dredging
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by TheMascot(m): 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2016
mmsen:

They have raw materials in the ground but no technical no how.

Chad has uranium too - are they in good shape?

All of these Sahelian nations have natural resources but very stupid customs which hinder their development.

We do not need such people keeping us anchored to the 19th century.
Oya pause..

You know that the fg is planning to switch to nuclear power ba ..

Kogi state governor just signed a mou to rejuvenate the ajaokuta steel company

And by the way not only northerners can work in the company.. So instead of trying to cut them out.. Lets take what we can too from them as they are taking from us.. Don't forget... Ajaokuta steel company was way preffered by workers during its years of functionality
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Blakjewelry(m): 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
TheMascot:
bro.. Before oil was discovered Lagos was the pearl of nigeria.
. Stop ascribing the growth of Lagos to ND but to the colonial masters who felt Lagos was more comfortable as an administrative location instead of lokoja..
Infact let me ask you something.. When was oil discovered in Nigeria
Nobody is trying to ascribe the growth of Lagos to any region, what annoys me is when people enriched themselves from the proceed of the Niger delta always find a to attack the region at any given opportunity
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by owanedo: 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
Blakjewelry:
That is what they keep saying but they wouldn't let ND region and the oil rest. The last time I checked their is port in rivers and delta why are the ports not working if the FG is sincere. Most of the oil companies are paying huge revenue to the Lagos state government monthly yet some fools will just wake up and talking rubbish
your hero, son of the soil, gej, was in power for 5years he couldn't do anything about the ports from niger delta, then who are you blaming? the west know how to attract good things to their region, but south south is all about individual greed. hold your leaders responsible for whatever levels of development you experience in your region.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Ugosample(m): 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2016
Izonpikin:
can Lagos afford to even feed the nearby south western States let alone like 30 other states...instead of that foolish malam to appreciate the burdens the Niger delta is carrying he is there spewing rubbish..then let him tell buhari to withdraw the crocodile smile troop na...mumu oligarchs...

Lagos should not be feeding other States, those states should be feeding themselves.
I am a big proponent for restructuring by the way, not disintegrate, I know we will get that right, unfortunately, not under this current president.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Ugosample(m): 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2016
derolemode:

Let the Niger Delta withold her oil money to herself for six months all the states including lagos will turn to our slaves.
Why do u think the West, North and other parts of the country be the first to kick against division of the country? Sincerity is what will grow us, please say the truth.

Oga, what you said is completely ridiculous, and it means you may either be too young, or haven't lived in Lagos before.

When Obasanjo was president , he with held the allocations to Lagos for some time, and Lagos did not die, we coped and coped well, so don't say that thing.

On the other hand, hold allocations from Edo, or Enugu state for just two months and you will see crisis.

Even tho I am from across the Niger, I refuse to see things from a sentimental perspective.

Defend your points with facts and not emotions.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by FemiMaduka(m): 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
The Yorubas have a saying: Ti won ba n din wo alagbafo, se oye ko kan atole? The emir had a point though, but without an iota of doubt the emir's very own people are arguably one of the least productive in Nigeria. So methinks the emir would have more appropriately done the pontification at his backyard first.
As a Nigerian of Igbo descent, it is clear to me that proceeds from Hydrocarbon majorly built the Nigeria that we have today. Even Brigadier Adekunle (black scorpion) later indirectly admitted that the war of 1967 was that for oil. It takes a deluded Nigerian not to admit that oil built the modern day Nigeria (if you are in doubt, tell us what built Abuja - a hitherto primitive Gwari settlement).
Without doubt, the story of post colonial Nigeria is that of OIL and OIL, with the inclusion of everything in between.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by marshborn(m): 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
TheMascot:
Lagos had no oil since conception but during the time of obj . For 2 years they were not given allocation but still didn't owe salaries.. Taxing in Nigeria Is virtually non existent except in Lagos... From stats only from toll gates Lagos makes about 1 billion monthly.. Talk more of others... Accept the truth... Lagos is not dependent on nigeria to function.
. You can call any northern State apart from kano.. But Lagos.. MBA... They are way too advanced
Do u remember the topic of this thread at all? So lagos is more important to Nigeria than the Niger delta who generate almost all our national income.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by mmsen: 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2016
TheMascot:

Oya pause..

You know that the fg is planning to switch to nuclear power ba ..

Kogi state governor just signed a mou to rejuvenate the ajaokuta steel company

And by the way not only northerners can work in the company.. So instead of trying to cut them out.. Lets take what we can too from them as they are taking from us.. Don't forget... Ajaokuta steel company was way preffered by workers during its years of functionality

Kogi state will do what it's been doing - nothing.

That steel company that has been leeching funds and producing nothing will continue to be uncompetitive because Chinese steel is sold for below the cost of production.

And even if Nigeria is to have a viable steel industry surely it makes more sense to host it nearly to the iron ore and coal deposits in the East than in Kogi?

We do not need to 'taking' from anyone. Let each region utilise it's own resources to grow a vibrant, liberal economy.

Instead of waiting on the incompetent FG let us agitate for legislature that will shift the balance of power closer to the common man at state and local government level.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by hundredhundred: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
caracas:

U keep mentioning deported igbos back in all ur posts are u sure u are well?
Cos current statistics shows igbos are the most populated in Lagos.
How come if truly they have bin deported?
See why I asked politely if u are well or maybe oshogbo weed is responsible?

Are you mad? Ibo most populated in which Lagos? Maybe you are talking about Ragos, Enugu. Its clear you are a kid still living with your old parents. Its a waste of time responding to you cos you have nothing upstairs. Go meet your mates at the kiddies section where you can spew your bullcrap.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by EKCMEZU: 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2016
yes Nigeria need Lagos more, need Niger delta state for finance of Nigeria economy, and need northern state for what? to feed on Niger delta income. hyporits like u.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by TUNDE2015: 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2016
bettercreature:
There is nothing special about Lagos,they are stealing lot of cash every day but fortunately the money is just too much,if a goat rule Lagos he will be successful
Why are you contradicting yourself?
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Blakjewelry(m): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
owanedo:
your hero, son of the soil, gej, was in power for 5years he couldn't do anything about the ports from niger delta, then who are you blaming? the west know how to attract good things to their region, but south south is all about individual greed. hold your leaders responsible for whatever levels of development you experience in your region.
To tell you the truth, I don't any individual heading the federal government what I blame is structure of government they are operating, that same reason why buhari is looking for emergency power to enable him operate free because of too much bureaucracy in the system. And another thing is, Nigeria is like a man with many wife and many children, when 1 side of the family says anything, it will be misinterpreted. I will give you an instant, Lagos state legislators said that oil exploration should be halt for now, it lauded by many as wise decision but if it were from the south it would be said that those people have started again. To end it up I will say that the bulk of blame goes to the leaders of the region because many of them are criminals

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by hundredhundred: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
[s]
ibe123:
ozu in that your Lagos what have ur people afonjas contributed in its development if not agbero,drinking weed and becoming a niusance to the community.
[/s]

Here comes another malnourished kid who still live with his parent in the village. Osu Ibo like you can continue to disgrace your family online. I can see how your peoples baby factory, armrd robbery, prostitutions, fake drugs, cocaine e.t.c built Lagos. Mschew.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by aribisala0(m): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
Blakjewelry:

Warri port is a river port but Burutu port is close to the sea. What the warri needs is dredging
I agree with that because of the tendency to silting up but dredging is expensive and is not a one off expense it will need repeating from time to time. Nigeria is a very corrupt place and so we can predict that money for such dredging will always be mismanaged.We are all witnesses to the cynicism that befell our Dream Team in their preparations for the olympics.
Every port operation must be profitable and ideally should be in the private sector. Private sector players would rather invest where they do not have to dredge in places such as Ondo,Akwa Ibom and small parts of Bayelsa but even there there is no infrastructure to move goods in or out of the port. Again all this requires investment and of course security. If the business case for a Niger Delta Port was so obvious investors would troop in just as they are doing with the Eko Atlantic city.
Maybe if Ibori had not stolen all that money,maybe if Akpabio had not built that stadium,maybe if Amaechi had not started the monorail,Maybe the Amnesty money would be better spent on infrastructure,maybe the NDDC could actually do some real developing,maybe.................

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by ba7man(m): 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2016
It seems they know that not only Badagry Is sitting on crude oil but the whole creeks of Lagos and Ogun state.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by EKCMEZU: 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2016
Nigeria need Lagos more, need Niger delta state for finace of Nigeria economy, need northern state for what are ask u? Emirconfu like u
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by emmykk(m): 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
Samtob90:

Abeg, stop this nonsense, is Lagos the only state that ever be the capital of Lagos? Read your current affairs.
Do some little research, next to lagos in revenue generation are Rivers and Akwa ibom then probably Delta because of oil.

As at 2010 study, Lagos and rivers were the only state that can survive without allocation from federal.

Rivers problem is management

Lagos state developed on the sweat of other state.lagos have been capital or nigeria since colonial days.

tomorrow ir the capital is moved from abuja,to Aba ror instance and you come here to compare edo and abuja it is very insane.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by jhenie(f): 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
omowolewa:
Lagos is blessed with trend of good governance.

Monies from all parts of the country finds its way to Lagos.

Good governance right likewise some other states, different monies from all parts of the country, you are forget that majority of people bringing in these monies aren't lagosians.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by lexyclasy: 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
Blakjewelry:
That is what they keep saying but they wouldn't let ND region and the oil rest. The last time I checked their is port in rivers and delta why are the ports not working if the FG is sincere. Most of the oil companies are paying huge revenue to the Lagos state government monthly yet some fools will just wake up and talking rubbish
The same people that said oil will be worthless soonest are the same people committing huge sum of money for intensive oil search at Lake chad Basin in North East, their brothers are busy building massive refinery to refine worthless oil.....some even jubilate to be name as oil producing states with just 5 oil wells.....Sanusi is known to be a very unstable brat that's while GEJ kick his ass out, he is only good in assessing mistresses
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by lexyclasy: 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
Blakjewelry:
The same people that said oil will be worthless soonest are the same people committing huge sum of money for intensive oil search at Lake chad Basin in North East, their brothers are busy building massive refinery to refine worthless oil.....some even jubilate to be name as oil producing states with just 5 oil wells.....Sanusi is known to be a very unstable brat that's while GEJ kick his ass out, he is only good in assessing mistresses

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Smooyis(m): 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2016
Divisive statement.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Michel2013: 3:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
see how often the so called nigeria leaders make unguarded statements that fuel agitation in SS/SE the more.
it was buhari statement of share ratio of 97%/ vs 5% that is fuelling the current militancy/agitation in SS/SE.
by the way how did he get the percentage ratio? i thought 100 - 97 = 3 and not 5%

now why can't sanusi make his point without comparing? does him mean that lagos as state is now more important than the whole of niger delta that have been feeding nigeria as a whole?
is he trying to tell us that niger delta has been used and dumped due low crude oil price?
if crude is no longer important at this time why is bubu that call himself nigeria president is now intensifying effort and wasting our money to explore crude oil in the north like tomorrow no dey?
why is northern governors are currently embarking on a useless exploration of useless crude oil in the north now?
i see hypocrisy here and it sucks.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by caracas: 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
hundredhundred:

Are you mad? Ibo most populated in which Lagos? Maybe you are talking about Ragos, Enugu. Its clear you are a kid still living with your old parents. Its a waste of time responding to you cos you have nothing upstairs. Go meet your mates at the kiddies section where you can spew your bullcrap.
E pain am
Deal with it Lagos is a no man's land.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Compliant(m): 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
bettercreature:
There is nothing special about Lagos,they are stealing lot of cash every day but fortunately the money is just too much,if a goat rule Lagos he will be successful

GUY STOP THINKING FROM YOUR ANUS ND USE YOUR BRAIN PLEASE
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by hundredhundred: 11:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
caracas:

E pain am
Deal with it Lagos is a no man's land.
grin grin grin grin grin

You are the pained one. Stay in the dungeon Ebonyi and be deceiving yourself when we know the reality on ground. You can cry till eternity, no one cares.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by caracas: 12:51am On Sep 07, 2016
hundredhundred:

You are the pained one. Stay in the dungeon Ebonyi and be deceiving yourself when we know the reality on ground. You can cry till eternity, no one cares.
For ur info I was born n brought up in surulere, the heart of Lagos ,even graduated from the university of lagos
My father is a landlord in lag
I pay my taxes to the government of Lagos
So u see am a full blooded lagosian,
N not like u who sit in ur Brown roof enclave of osun n type poo.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by caracas: 1:04am On Sep 07, 2016
owanedo:
N what have u attracted to ogun,oyo,osun ekiti n ondo that they still remain undeveloped n impoverished.
Pls stop claiming Lagos cos u yoruba ppl had no hand or contribution in its development
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by hundredhundred: 5:02am On Sep 07, 2016
[s]
caracas:

For ur info I was born n brought up in surulere, the heart of Lagos ,even graduated from the university of lagos
My father is a landlord in lag
I pay my taxes to the government of Lagos
So u see am a full blooded lagosian,
N not like u who sit in ur Brown roof enclave of osun n type poo.
[/s]

Typical illiterate flattie that think everyone is from Osun. I have never been to Osun all my life, how can a man from Epe be from Osun. Why do you hate your cursed dungeon that you want to die over Lagos.

Why are you not proud of your erosion ravaged cursed land? You are a resident of Lagos and not an Indigene, you insult and hate Lagos yet saying you are bla bla bla. Its only you flattie that run away from your land and want to die over Lagos. Land grabbers that fight over SS today, and Lagos tomorrow yet still want biashit. You are a disgrace to your tribe. Pathetic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by hundredhundred: 5:04am On Sep 07, 2016
caracas:

N what have u attracted to ogun,oyo,osun ekiti n ondo that they still remain undeveloped n impoverished.
Pls stop claiming Lagos cos u yoruba ppl had no hand or contribution in its development

So your parent selling gala in traffic now contributes to Lagos? Flattie that is not proud of his dungeon land and want to die over Lagos. Why do you landgrabbers go to your curses land during christmas? I have never seen a shameless people like you flattie, always denying your origin cos of shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by QuotaSystem: 6:12am On Sep 07, 2016
lexyclasy:

Rather Sanusi kicked GEJ out of the Presidency with his $20b revelation and is now the King of his people.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by okusman(m): 8:12am On Sep 07, 2016
Izonpikin:
Then can we just be left alone??...

mumu being, maybe you should tell your brothers and sisters that have chosen to die in Lagos to leave Lagos and its wealth alone. then I can assure you that others will leave you and your oil alone....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Osinbajo In Igbo Isi Agu Attire As He Inspects Projects In Ebonyi State / Barnabas Bantex Loses Manchok Ward To PDP / Patience Jonathan Looks Lovely In Pink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.