Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi (44827 Views)

Is it true that the whole of the South west is smaller than Niger state? / Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta from Sanusi / Lagos Holds Better Prospects Than The Niger Delta - SANUSI : VANGUARD NEWS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by lucianohase(m): 6:35am On Sep 06, 2016
evilapc:
Take una lagos, leave ND oil alone
Though I believe in economy built on knowledge but Lagos wouldn't v been the way it is today without Niger delta. Present Nigeria without Niger delta but with Lagos equals economic woe. Besid es, Niger delta can v everything that Lagos has but there are things we v Lagos can't v. We Niger deltans can survive without lagos

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by marshborn(m): 6:38am On Sep 06, 2016
How much does lagos state provide for nigeria every month? Useless emir biting the fingers that feed him.
A region whose resources have been sustaining this country for years.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Toluvvalase: 6:40am On Sep 06, 2016
VVell said, Lagos state indeed has been a vision of not capitalising on vvat federal Govt offer to dem,even vvitout dem Lagos can still survive. That is vvhy it bears "CENTER OF EXCELLENCE" God Bless Lagos State nd the Dvvellers...
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by marshborn(m): 6:42am On Sep 06, 2016
TeamSimple:

You not making sense a bit.

Does Nigeria need baby factory

Does Nigeria need drug peddlers

Does Nigeria need avengers

Does Nigeria need ipob

Does Nigeria need ritualist

Does Nigeria need kidnappers

But Nigeria needs Dangote

Nigeria needs Agric produce

Nigeria needs the Dam

Nigeria need solid minerals

So yes Nigeria need the North.
You people can take your dangote and solid minerals and go na.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Izonpikin: 6:48am On Sep 06, 2016
marshborn:

You people can take your dangote and solid minerals and go na.
oboY I tire sef ooo...I tire for people...carry dangote and what ever IGR dey make and leave the Niger delta alone..

If only our ND leaders had sense this insult wouldn't come from that slim malam in t first place...Lagos shoudnt come close to any niger delta state in terms of revenue and development if only our foolish leaders had sense...and to know that it is the crowd in Lagos that makes it what it is annoys me the more...lets all leave and go develop our seaports an airports

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Uricas(m): 6:49am On Sep 06, 2016
mmsen:
Nigeria needs Lagos.

Nigeria needs the Niger Delta.

Nigeria needs the East.

Nigeria needs the Middle Belt.

But does Nigeria need the North?

Does Nigeria need Boko Haram?

Does Nigeria need polio?

Does Nigeria need Sharia Law?

Does Nigeria need Almajiri?
I laugh your ignorance. Were you in Naij during the tomatoe recession? Every part of this country is useful to the country in one way or the other. The North is still thee food basket of this country.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Kposkila: 6:49am On Sep 06, 2016
Moahmed:

Please get your facts right,Oil companies pay tax on behalf of their staff stationed in the Niger delta to the host community and not Lagos.
Of cos moahmed, I have my facts right, am ind system and I know Wat am saying!
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Samtob90(m): 6:51am On Sep 06, 2016
Had1zasaf:

IBS #IKWEREBOYZSYNDROME

Don't despise fact. Don't you see that I am a yoruba man? Which one be 'ipere' boyz.
Nothing can change fact
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by wristbangle: 6:54am On Sep 06, 2016
aresa:

1. Lagos was already developed before the FG picked Lagos as the FG and they picked Lagos state for obvious reasons, Lagos was already developed.

2. Lagos was already a developed entity even before Nigeria's became a country and before independence.

3. Lagos as the Federal capital was confined to Lagos island and not anything beyond cater bridge. Learn some social sturdies..

4. All the industrial estates in Lagos from ikeja industrial estate to Apapa industrial estate to Mushin, Matori, and Ilupeju industrial estates that developed Lagos state and made Lagos the commercial capital of Nigeria and west Africa was built by the western region under Awolowo and these industrial estates are still responsible for major chunks of Nigerian's industrial activities, goods and services. They were not in Lagos Island or built by the FG and they were even built before independence and Nigeria as a country.

5. FG did not do anything special for Lagos and in fact, they built 3 bridges and some worthless and neglected places like the national stadium in surulere and last time I checked, the FG built bridges and airports in other states so what's special about Lagos?

6. Lagos is what it is today and most importantly since 1999 because of good and credible leadership with strong managerial skills, good foresight and vision and not the FG.

7. To show you the meaning of great leadership with vision and foresight in Lagos, the Metro rail we are constructing now was under construction back in the 80s before it was terminated, but guess what, Lagos leaders from then till now did not give up and it's coming into fruition.

8. The first IPP in Nigeria was undertaken by Tinubu is Lagos and if the worthless and useless PDP FG didn't sabotage that 2721MW which is still active till today, we won't have power issues in Lagos and Nigeria. It's leadership and foresight..

9. We talk about Lagos and IGR today, but when Tinubu boosted Lagos IGR from common N500 to billions which allowed Fashola and now Ambode to have funds for the largest infrastructure revolution in Nigeria, many ignorant and hateful people with bad bele were badmouthing and shouting alpha beta and corruption, but guess who is having the last laugh, the people of Lagos raking in more IGR than even many countries in Africa.

10. Lastly, the FG did not manage Lagos state, Lagos state governors and Lagosians manage Lagos.

FG gov. doesn't tell leaders in Lagos what to build or spend their money on or what contract to sign or not sign, the FG did not make or advise Lagos state how to grown their economy, how to grow their IGR or where and howto invest their money, the decisions were made in Alahusa by the people of Lagos state.

Lagosians don't wait or beg the FG for anything, they role up their sleeves and go to work, they built the best and the most beautiful bridge in Nigeria and west Africa on their own while some people are still sitting on their hands for 30 years begging the FG for 2Nd NB.

The Nigerian Government didn't have the capacity and talent to manage and run a state like Lagos since they've been bad managers since independence.

Leadership in Lagos developed Lagos state.

Well said boss
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Samtob90(m): 6:57am On Sep 06, 2016
emmykk:
it is only an idiot that will compare lagos with any other state in nigeria.

Lagos has enjoyed the capital of nigeria for serveral years just as abuja is enjoying now.

but even at that lagos is not important than niger delta.economics prof will wonder if SLS now smoke igbo secretly

Abeg, stop this nonsense, is Lagos the only state that ever be the capital of Lagos? Read your current affairs.
Do some little research, next to lagos in revenue generation are Rivers and Akwa ibom then probably Delta because of oil.

As at 2010 study, Lagos and rivers were the only state that can survive without allocation from federal.

Rivers problem is management

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by yahmohy27: 7:03am On Sep 06, 2016
bettercreature:
There is nothing special about Lagos,they are stealing lot of cash every day but fortunately the money is just too much,if a goat rule Lagos he will be successful
So it means bcoz no much money in the federation account is the reason Buhari had not get it right ,thank you know this .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by chaiks: 7:08am On Sep 06, 2016
When closely examined, wat d emir said is not true. He was trying to lay emphasis on d fact Dat there are alternative sources of power and to calm ND down in dier quest to control dier resources. Lagos cannot do without d allocation which oil from d delta fetches. I only weep for d leadership gap in d delta over d years and d inability of d ND to develop as a strong shipping region especially under get.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by refreshrate: 7:11am On Sep 06, 2016
What of kano?
Is sanusi not a leader there?

Rather than creating crises amongst other parts he and his kind see as infidels...

I ask again what of kano?

Sincerely?
A man who can marry his grand daughters age mate has nothing to tell me that I should listen to.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:15am On Sep 06, 2016
Why will unemployment not persist with people like you around? It's your kind of reasoning that doesn't qualify a person for a good job. No logical understanding or analysis

What is true about his statement? Would you bring in your imported commodities through a port that is far away from where the majority of the purchasing market are? Do you know the population of Lagos?

With all the revenue Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa and Rivers States get, is any laid out plan or model to sustain growth and development outside of natural resources?

SLS is speaking about the model for sustainable development, not the revenue gotten or the natural resources. Even a state with low revenue and allocation can plan out a model for development that if pursued diligently can bring sustainable development

Kposkila:

True talk, most oil coy in ND have deir head quarters in lag, and deir workers pay tax to lagos state, why won't deir IGR increase and deir state beta developed, though d ND state lacked and still lack good leaders
!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 06, 2016
olufrankfurt:
[quwho are the Nigerians in Germany that compare Lagos to Village . We are talking about the growth of the economy .Germany doesnt have natural resources they live on tax .BMW, Benz , Audi ,Opel etc are private Owns Company But German Goverment become Tax on each Vehicle from Factory to end meet.author=soulpeppersoup post=49100115]

When Nigerians who live in a place like Germany read your post they will weep. One just told me that Lagos is a village.

Do you know that those company you call private can never never fold under German government because the tax money is plug back into those private businesses.

Government there destroy good road and rebuild it to give job to the private company you are talking about. With machines, German companies can employ entire Nigerian workforce.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by nkechiasogwa(f): 7:18am On Sep 06, 2016
Sanusi you are stupid for saying that. Why make a careless statement that will cause more division than unity? We all need one another to survive and for peaceful co-existence. Lagos cannot do without other states of the federation. Sanusi please shut up! If you have nothing of value and intelligence to say.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 06, 2016
Luvties:

Be proud of your own not the foreign countries.

Never be proud of mediocrity even if you are the inventor, learn from the best.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 06, 2016
Billyonaire:
Silly comment. 50% or more of the IGR to Lagos State comes from the Oil companies and headquaters at Lagos. The tank farms of local products apart from imported ones come from Niger Delta but taxes are paid to Lagos. Sanusi sounds sentimental here. Even if you mention solar as the next frontier, does it mean sun doesnt shine at ND ? Shutdown Niger Delta oil and all the oil companies headquarters at Lagos disappears and 50% of IGR with the land use charges of properties owned by oil workers disappear.

Aboki na aboki. Dem never talk how useful they are in the Nigeria equation.

this is the only rational comment I've read here today. u too much
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:24am On Sep 06, 2016
Lagos can do great without federal allocation. It's even Lagos' VAT contributions to the federal account that increases what your states get more from the centre.
Where were you when Obasanjo kept back Lagos' allocation for 14months?
Did Bola Tinubu nit take that opportunity to develop a robust tax system and sought out other creative ways of generating revenue? Lagos generates about #30bilion Naira monthly and plans are in place to increase that to#50billion in the next two years.

With all the allocation and 13% added on, what have the ND states achieved? When there is no laid out model for sustainable development, how will all the oil wealth translate to the betterment of the citizens life?

chaiks:
When closely examined, wat d emir said is not true. He was trying to lay emphasis on d fact Dat there are alternative sources of power and to calm ND down in dier quest to control dier resources. Lagos cannot do without d allocation which oil from d delta fetches. I only weep for d leadership gap in d delta over d years and d inability of d ND to develop as a strong shipping region especially under get.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 06, 2016
Drbarmes:

Bros 4get yarn. Lagos is a modern city. No any city city in the world that has no slums.

Bros I hear you, but Nigerians don't even know what make a city so how will they know they are not in one.

I waste my mb most time when I read topics pointing to infrastructural development in Nigeria only to see house and a few street roads. What is really wrong with the black man. Is that development?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by yeyeboi(m): 7:29am On Sep 06, 2016
ThankYouGod:

I see you, head of Space booker association of Nairaland cheesy

I don cast u tongue
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 06, 2016
ericsmith:

if the 6th richest man in d world culd cum to lagos ..n feel comfortable @ yaba nt even d exotic places lik v.i or banana island.. naa tokunbo them go cum dey furm ..wey we knw as dey hustle n sleep 4 embassy b4 dem go...

If you believe the smiles and good gesture of your competitors as a medal of achievement sorry. Look for a better SI unit.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 06, 2016
If oil is worthless,that means only a worthless and mentally retarded man goes as far as investing billions seeking for a worthless resource which can never be found.I call it misplacement of priority!
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by GuyfawkesAB(m): 7:31am On Sep 06, 2016
Where is the source of your data?

Are there more Oil companies in Lagos than Banks an other financial institutions?
They are the largest employers of Labour. And their taxes and that of their staffs dwarfs the small percentage of what Oil companies pay.

What about Commodity importers, producers and sellers? Manufacturers, Transport Companies, Traders,

You are just a joke of an analyst. Lagos doesn't get any more than 10% of its tax from Oil companies.

Billyonaire:
Silly comment. 50% or more of the IGR to Lagos State comes from the Oil companies and headquaters at Lagos. The tank farms of local products apart from imported ones come from Niger Delta but taxes are paid to Lagos. Sanusi sounds sentimental here. Even if you mention solar as the next frontier, does it mean sun doesnt shine at ND ? Shutdown Niger Delta oil and all the oil companies headquarters at Lagos disappears and 50% of IGR with the land use charges of properties owned by oil workers disappear.

Aboki na aboki. Dem never talk how useful they are in the Nigeria equation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 06, 2016
walemoney007:
so how is it your headache if Lagos is a village? Are we yorubas complaining?

If Lagos is a village,can you tell me what your state is?

Listen my friend, am not an e-warrior. Am not against you nor your tribe. Am not against the nation. Am against celebrating mediocrity as a standard.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by DONCHRIS9: 7:36am On Sep 06, 2016
blood sucking be*st is at it again..we re aware hw he ascended the throne overnight..so he shld kip mute n face his cursed kingd*m ..we re too wise
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by gbengarock: 7:36am On Sep 06, 2016
walemoney007:
so how is it your headache if Lagos is a village? Are we yorubas complaining?

If Lagos is a village,can you tell me what your state is?

Hamlet I suppose
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by derolemode(m): 7:36am On Sep 06, 2016
Ugosample:

First of all, the ports revenues go the federal government, and Lagos does not get a kobo from it, same as the airport.

Second, the 50% claim is a big joke right? with a city this ? grin

Thirdly, what really makes Lagos what it is is the informal sector of the economy, in which most Lagosians thrive on.

If you know how much is generated from the markets here grin
It is very HUGE.
That is why Lagos coped when OBJ decided to withold Lagos revenues.

Do that to any other state, and see how that state crumble.

Lastly, the bulk of the taxes in the oil industry goes to the FG; what goes to the state is income tax from the workers, and how many workers are in the oil industry HERE?

Please let us be objective.

Good day
Let the Niger Delta withold her oil money to herself for six months all the states including lagos will turn to our slaves.
Why do u think the West, North and other parts of the country be the first to kick against division of the country? Sincerity is what will grow us, please say the truth.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Akpan107(m): 7:39am On Sep 06, 2016
waternogetenemy:
See where Buhari want to go and drive armored tank. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The war against militant is unwinnable. If they cannot defeat Boko Haram on dry level ground, na militant dey want to defeat in creeks?

One thing is clear, they are now waking up to the reality that SS/SE will soon exit Nigeria and they will need Lagos definitely.
I have lived in the North for some 25 Years now. The North feel really pained by the activities of the Niger Delta. They have found new friend in Yorubas, though, they don't trust the Yorubas.
SS and SE should fight for their freedom. we are almost there. Let's just use the NDA to get our total freedom.
the only thing that keep Nigeria as one is crude oil, but when it stop flowing, every regions goes its ways.
Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 06, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

When Nigerians who live in a place like Germany read your post they will weep. One just told me that Lagos is a village.

SLS was not comparing Lagos to Germany, he was comparing it to the ND; and he was not comparing the value of people but the difference between a resource based strategy and a intellectual based strategy. He was challenging the FGN not the ND.

This wasn't too difficult to understand if one read the piece without ethnic filters.

I hate ethnicity and tribal hatred, they lower comprehension and produce intellectual drivel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 06, 2016
Businessideas:

That's where igbos are most concentrated in Europe.The remark is most likely, made out of envy and hatred for Yoruba nay Nigeria because we,patriotic Nigerians, voted out GEJ.
The comment and the person who made that comment have no value to Lagos.
Lagos is yet to even attain its God ordained glory yet some can't see the glory that lies ahead of Lagos.
Thank you Tinubu

I wish every tribe go their separate ways. Its over due. Everything is trivialized. It's either igbo against yeroba or Hausa against Igbo.

Which ever way you see it. Africa is a slum. Africa is a shit hole. Lagos is not an exception not even the over rated lekki. Which basic amenities do any state in Nigeria have just name one?

OK let's forget state. Let talk of area not local government. Which area in any local government in the entire nation has one basic amenity?

Basic amenities is what makes a city not one house tiled from roof to foundation. Open your eyes and leave mental slavery behind

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Lagos More Than Niger Delta – Sanusi by basadenet: 7:40am On Sep 06, 2016
Is this Sanusi guy a traditional ruler or Government mouth piece? It is high time he was cautioned from making unsubstantiated statement that could set the country on fire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark / Shehu Sani Reacts To Dangote’s APC Appointment / Malivelihood & Deola Wedding Gifts To Guests: Phones, Generators, TV, Fridges

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.