Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki (30642 Views)

Photos From 1 Million March For Obaseki / Edo Lady Campaigns For Obaseki By Praying (Photos) / Buhari On Stage With APC Governors In Edo State For Obaseki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by MadeInTokyo: 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2016
Bashir Ahmad, presidential media aide on the new media, reports that Buhari’s aircraft landed at 10:20 am. President Buhari is expected to visit the Crown Prince of Benin Kingdom, Eheneden Erediauwao, before attending the mega rally.

The rally is to hold at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin City, the Edo state capital.

Nineteen candidates are contesting the September 10, 2016 governorship poll in the state, but from all indications, only five are actively involved in the campaigns. The two key candidates are: Mr Godwin Obaskei from the APC and Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). It is considered that the poll would be won on the basis of performance. Based on this, the APC would depend on what it achieved during its eight-year government in the state, while the PDP would hope on promises. The PDP ruled the state for 10 years before the incumbent Governor Adams Oshiomhole took over the state under the platform of the former Action Congress of Nigeria before taking the state to the APC.

https://www.naij.com/957579-breaking-president-buhari-arrives-in-edo-for-apc-mega-rally.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by madridguy(m): 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by Mimidiva(f): 12:26pm On Sep 06, 2016
fine man as always, keep on with your good work cool

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by MadeInTokyo: 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2016
grin grin grin

What is Buhari going to tell Edo people

Buhari na Bad market for Obaseki

Even Oshiomole, Obaseki and Edo State APC avoided mentioning or using Buhari 's name to campaign since the Edo State Governoship campaign started in July.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by eleojo23: 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
Buhari is not popular among the citizens right now.

He is a bad brand at the moment.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by MadeInTokyo: 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
grin grin grin

Buhari's coming to Edo State will further reduce the 41,767 total votes that Godwin Obaseki was supposed to get by another 47%.
Buhari is seen as a disastrous failure by Nigerians,how then does he intend to sell his weak brand to an already disenchanted Edo people.
All we'll do is ask the the cost of a bag of rice --Ogbiede Ifaluyi Isibor

Edo APC just squandered the few votes Obaseki will gather. You've been working hard to sell a candidate who's Oshiomhole's cabinet face of abysmality, then you wrap it up with a Buhari. Failure is surely sure.--Akinloye Oyeniyi

Pastor Ize Iyamu all the way

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by Joel3(m): 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
except not the Benin I know. he is not welcome there. only for the minority APC-shi.t zombies.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by Kaira333: 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
Buhari is brainless don't he know people of Edo will change their mind against Obaseki because he(buhari) is a badluck.

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mimidiva:
mii, are you serious?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by veekid(m): 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
Seeing this man standing there hopelessly campaigning in an innocent state is enough reason for Edo pple to know he is a failure even for the person he's campaigning for; example ..... Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by emmabest2000(m): 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mimidiva:

Good work

You wan collect beating abi ?

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by herzern(m): 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
Stone....Stone....Stone!!!....

In Larqe quantities please.....

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by steppin: 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
Daura Congo , always on the move! As usual, they're fully prepared for brain-washing. Edo people are in for a treat!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by CR77(f): 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2016
Old man way no get shame

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by djkirkoo2(m): 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2016
E dey baffle me say Buhari still dey campaign.
SMH

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by salabscholar01(m): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
I can't believe Nigeria economy is in recession after 1yr of Apc Govt

I understand you bro... See, recessions generally occur when there is a widespread drop in spending (an adverse demand shock) and net export activities. This may be triggered by various events, such as a financial crisis, an external trade shock, an adverse supply shock or the bursting of an economic bubble. Mainly recessions are caused by two factors, and luckily enough our own case will succeed over time. My case is the number 1 here.. look!

1. If recessions are caused by a tightening of monetary policy (higher interest rates to reduce inflation) then it tends to be easier to get out of a recession, as the interest rate rise can be reversed and this will boost demand.

2.If the recession is more of a balance sheet recession (bad debts, falling asset prices, bank losses) then the recession will tend to last much longer. For example, in 2009, interest rate cuts were insufficient to boost demand.

I am not supporting either side of APC or PDP, I am only being keen at understanding what the country is facing right now and what the future unfolds.. let us be part of the solution rather than been part of the problems.. The youths must think differently...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by SweetJoystick(m): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
Next
Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by haywire07(m): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
It's not like Buhari is interested cos he knows there's no hope for Apc in Edo state. But he is there make e no b like say he is not dedicated to the party's course and activities

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by Rockstar2014(m): 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
He is busy campaigning for someone when Nigerians are in misery after campaigning for him, sigh.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by Angelb4: 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hey! I feel like travelling to my State ones more to caste my vote for Obaseki. Nonetheless, Edo people CANNOT go back to Egypt. There is no doubt that the Pastor man has been wasting his monies for campaigns. Well, if not for anything, for Obaseki to have an opposition.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ok....this election would have low voters turnout.

Indigenes are not happy and I tell you Saturday would be a litmus test for this May 29, 2015 government.

Voters apathy, low turnout and inconclusiveness would mark the election.

Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by onatisi(m): 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
I can bet it with anyone that if buhari is given the mic to talk he will make dumb statements that will further dent apc image .

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
We all know that obaseki has won.

Sometimes we don't really need to waste our time voting when we already know the outcome.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by zeusdgrt(m): 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by frubben(m): 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
I wonder what promises he is coming to make in edo state?
Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by SuperBlack: 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
Lose election. I hope he don't die of heart attack when the result is released.
Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
I can't believe Nigeria economy is in recession after 1yr of Apc Govt
Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by henryutd(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
And the crowd is there to welcome him. Such a nice and hard working President. Nonsense.

Thunder! What are you waiting for?
Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by henryutd(m): 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
frubben:
I wonder what promises he is coming to make in edo state?

That Gej is the cause of all the problems we have in the country today. That US has agreed to send back all the looted funds. What else.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by braxjay(m): 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
if APC wins in Edo, then i give up on Nigeria. Because they will never learn. if the whole country is suffering and they still choose to suffer then of all states they are most STUPID!

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by CR77(f): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
Na madness dey worry am
djkirkoo2:
E dey baffle me say Buhari still dey campaign.
SMH

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Arrives In Edo To Campaign For Obaseki by kennyblaze007(m): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
He is at the stadium already... The place is so crowded

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ban On Grazing: Miyetti Allah Backs Southern Governors / Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge / Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.