Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,193 members, 7,829,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy (2299 Views)

Youths Attack Shitte Members In Kaduna After Friday Prayers (Photos) / Militants Attack Lagos And Ogun Communities. Kill Eight Persons / Statement By Kano Government About The Woman Murdered For Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by rapistomenka: 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2016
There was confusion on Sunday in the Ketu area of Lagos State after some Hausa youths seized a chemist, identified as Emmanuel

PUNCH Metro learnt that Emmanuel would have been lynched but for the intervention of policemen from the Ketu Police Division who quickly brought the situation under control.

A source told our correspondent that the victim had written a blasphemous word on a magazine, which triggered the anger of the youths.

The source said the police had already taken custody of the victim to save his life.

He added that the Hausa youths mobilised to destroy the victim’s shop, but were prevented by the policemen, who were deployed in the area.

He said, “It happened around 9pm on Sunday. The issue could have led to a bloody fight between Christians and Muslims in Ketu, but for the police.

“What happened was that the man wrote something on a magazine which the Hausa youths said was blasphemous. When other Hausa men saw it, they became angry and seized him.

“Some of his friends tried to rescue him and that almost started a fight. The police were alerted and they responded quickly and doused the rising tension.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident, adding that the situation was under control.

She also confirmed that Emmanuel was in police custody.

She said, “The Lagos State Police Command averted what could have been a religious crisis between the Christian community and the Hausa Muslim community due to the timely intervention of its operatives.

“At about 9.05pm, the Ketu division received a distress call that a boy was about to be lynched by some youths because he wrote blasphemous words on their magazine.

“The boy was rescued and kept in protective custody. His chemist shop was secured from destruction. Everywhere is calm as the police have intensified patrol in the area after successfully calming frayed nerves.”

http://punchng.com/hausa-youths-attack-lagos-chemist-blasphemy/
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by rapistomenka: 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
These people will surely take Lagos should Nigeria divides lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 06, 2016
What were the blasphemous words? I really want to know undecided

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by recievesense: 2:50pm On Sep 06, 2016
Peaceful religion

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by DLuciano: 2:50pm On Sep 06, 2016
rapistomenka:

http://punchng.com/hausa-youths-attack-lagos-chemist-blasphemy/
someone has to rise to stop this nonsense, is islam the only religion? why will the muslim protect their god, can't their god fight or judge the offender?

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by Montaque(m): 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
I am sure in my assertion not long ago.
The recent increase in the spate of fulani herdsmen-related violence is more as a result of will-power than ability.

The above is because when you have your grand patron at the helm of affair, you acquire a newfound confidence in ur activities. Pmb's presence in Aso rock is the sole reason for all the senseless religious killing we started experiencing since 2015. Every northerner now sees himself as a 1st among equal who can do whatever he likes.

The decline of BH related violence presently is also more of will-power, not ability.
BH has no islamic basis for continued violence, seeing that they are no longer ruled by an infidel, and the caliphate they desire may come right through from Pmb, when muslims attain their 'rightful' position in all sphere of Nigerian state.
I know of the chibok girls, they will be released soon, dramatically, so as not to raise eye-brows.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by omowolewa: 2:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
Crime in the name of Cattle-culture & religion must be stopped. Execpt we don't have laws in the land.
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by thesicilian: 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
This Muslims need to be tamed. Since Buhari came into power their activities have become nothing short of scaring.
And they keep saying Buhari doesn't want to get involved, but every time his brothers attack someone, it is the attacked person that gets arrested (in the guise of protective custody), instead of the attackers who are allowed to roam the streets free. Sure seems to me the police is taking orders from above.

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by idupaul: 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
Anybody that thinks Lagos is no man's land is on a long thing .Make no mistake Lagos belongs to the north

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by Decibel: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2016
No man's land
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by Decibel: 3:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
thesicilian:
This Muslims need to be tamed. Since Buhari came into power their activities have become nothing short of scaring.
And they keep saying Buhari doesn't want to get involved, but every time his brothers attack someone, it is the attacked person that gets arrested (in the guise of protective custody), instead of the attackers who are allowed to roam the streets free. Sure seems to me the police is taking orders from above.
The boldness is brought about by the fact that their brothers are in charge of all security apparatus in zoogeria

1 Like

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by trapQ: 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2016
Because Lagos is goat or Foul that someone can just steal abi?

That said Islam and Muslims need to be curtailed. If this persists, a religious war will happen in Nigeria and we know who will win.
rapistomenka:

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by MalcoImX: 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
idupaul:
Anybody that thinks Lagos is no man's land is on a long thing .Make no mistake Lagos belongs to the north
Wailers are Twisters

1 Like

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by Pavore9: 3:18pm On Sep 06, 2016
Dem gather liver carry their fanaticism reach Lagos ! angry

1 Like

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by thesicilian: 3:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
Decibel:

The boldness is brought about by the fact that their brothers are in charge of all security apparatus in zoogeria
And that was a preemptive move by the President who is allegedly "staying out of it"

1 Like

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by dontecrosofiso(m): 3:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
Montaque:
I am sure in my assertion not long ago.
The recent increase in the spate of fulani herdsmen-related violence is more as a result of will-power than ability.

The above is because when you have your grand patron at the helm of affair, you acquire a newfound confidence in ur activities. Pmb's presence in Aso rock is the sole reason for all the senseless religious killing we started experiencing since 2015. Every northerner now sees himself as a 1st among equal who can do whatever he likes.

The decline of BH related violence presently is also more of will-power, not ability.
BH has no islamic basis for continued violence, seeing that they are no longer ruled by an infidel, and the caliphate they desire may come right through from Pmb, when muslims attain their 'rightful' position in all sphere of Nigerian state.
I know of the chibok girls, they will be released soon, dramatically, so as not to raise eye-brows.
you have said it all. How do know all this? As if u are in the North, u are the only person that hit the nail.
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by whirlwind7(m): 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2016
Trashy and junk journalism.

I'm just asking myself, what did the victim write? what magazine? He is said to be a chemist, so I wonder if he's a writer as well, and a if it was a religious piece or something related to his profession that he wrote about.

This rubbish just raises more questions than answers. I'm not trying to exonerate our fanatic "brothers" from the north, though.
We all know that since the Grand Commander of cattle rarers has relocated to Aso rock, their violence and impunity has taken a giant leap.
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by idupaul: 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2016
MalcoImX:
Wailers are Twisters

I am not a wailer ,I am just a reformed zombie
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by hundredhundred: 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
idupaul:

Typical flattie, always spewing trash for attention..

1 Like

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by omoelesa(m): 3:30pm On Sep 06, 2016
rapistomenka:
Don't be surprised if d so called Emma is a fla ttino. wont u go and save him, instead of hiding behind your phone.
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by otukpo(f): 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2016
This hausa moslems and violence.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by idupaul: 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
hundredhundred:

Are you the one that made me a Flattie? For your info I am an indigenes of Lagos by birth and upbringing..now please park that your pencil light well before I scratch am
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by idupaul: 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2016
hundredhundred:

Are you the one that made me a Flattie? For your info I am an indigenes of Lagos by birth and upbringing..now please park that your pencil light well before I scratch am grin grin
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by ImpersonatorSS: 3:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
idupaul:

Are you the one that made me a Flattie? For your info I am an indigenes of Lagos by birth and upbringing..now please park that your pencil light well before I scratch am grin grin

Idu is not a Yoruba name.
Sorry.
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by idupaul: 3:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
Shewunoshewa:

Sorry.

It doesn't have to be a Yoruba name for me to be a law abiding citizen of Lagos state ..I was born here and I have carried on with my life here in a law abiding manner plus a I pay all my taxes here ..what more do you want from me before you even the spirits of Lagos favour me in this land and the consider me a son of Lagos
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by MalcoImX: 3:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
idupaul:

I am not a wailer ,I am just a reformed zombie
If by your clarification there are only Wailers and Zombies, then you're a Wailer. A reformed Zombie is nothing but a twisting Wailer.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by idupaul: 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2016
MalcoImX:
If by your clarification there are only Wailers and Zombies, then you're a Wailer. A reformed Zombie is nothing but a twisting Wailer.

I campaigned and voted for Buhari but now I have realised I made a mistake as regards Buhari so I went into rehab and came out reformed. I still believe PDP failed Nigeria but I I have lost all hope in the leadership style of Mr Buhari .
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by Noneroone(m): 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
omoelesa:
Don't be surprised if d so called Emma is a fla ttino. wont u go and save him, instead of hiding behind your phone.
yes he is a Igbo. The police averted the crisis by all means because they know what it would have resulted to. But the hausas could have attacked and killed the 'hosts' and police would give no response.
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by OBAGADAFFI: 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
I am waiting for the usual people to come and defend those intolerant people here.
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by hundredhundred: 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
idupaul:

How can you hate your state and region so much that you had to claim somewhere else cos of shame. Odey hate his dungeon so much that he is trying to claim Lagos. Your kinsmen should be ashamed of you for denying the erosion ravaged sad beastland. Pathetic.
Re: Hausa Youths Attack Lagos Chemist For Blasphemy by hundredhundred: 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
Shewunoshewa:

Sorry.

He is ashamed of his dungeon, reason he is trying to claim Lagos. Lolzzzzz. Big shame.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Warns Buhari Not To Disgrace Nigeria In US / It Is Over For Governor Willie Obiano Of Anambra State / Biafra Is The Enslavement Of Minority Ethnic Nationalities In Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.