Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin (2542 Views)

Governor Aminu Masari Awaits President Buhari’s Arrival In Adamawa / A Chairman In Abia State Hiring Solders And Mopo For Protection (picture ) / Man Fulfills His Promise, Pours Water On Floor And Drinks On Buhari's Arrival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by elixsecratos: 7:03am On Sep 07, 2016
The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria visited Edo state for a grand campaign of the All Progressives Congress`. The entire city was locked down as several access roads were blocked.

A citizen by the name Solomon Idiogbe, a former State Chairman of National Youth Council of Nigeria, Edo State Chapter was driving along Ibiwe/Isekhere Street and got held up in a traffic lock-jam, an army officer who was wearing mufti came to meet him and asked him to move backward which he argued that there is a commercial bus behind him, that the officer should ask the bus behind to move backward first. Upon saying that, the officer became furious and dealt him blows and slaps, further threatening to deal with him, he went further by trying to handcuff him, which Idiogbe resisted while still on the car. Let it be noted that, the President never used that road and could not have used it owing to the terrible state of the road.

The next that the army officer did was to start calling his colleagues who arrived at the scene in a commando style shooting sporadically into the air. They all descended on him using the butts of their guns, kicks and even wooden planks on him. He was forced to swim in the gutters.

When they were done with the brutality, they took him to the 4 Mechanized Brigade and another round of beating resumed there and even threatened to shot and thereafter label him terrorist that attempted to kill the President, they accused him of attempting of killing Mr. President, cultist and several unsubstantiated accusations. A search party was formed to look for him, they went to the Brigade headquarters and the gate keepers denied knowledge of such, the Airforce Base was also visited which denied same. It was later he was let go when the Army PRO was called by the Coordinator General of Edo Civil Society Organisations to draw his attention to the incident.

This is a pure violation of a Nigerian’s right for no offence committed save that he drove on Nigeria’s road which was constructed by his tax money. This is an abuse of Human Rights in the 21st century by the military and in a democratic Nigeria.

WHERE IS OUR FREEDOM?

WHERE IS OUR DEMOCRACY?

IT COULD BE SOLOMON IDIOGBE TODAY, WHO KNOWS WHOSE TURN IT IS TOMORROW.

SOLOMON IDIOGBE NEEDS JUSTICE!

http://www.kissgramich.com/nigerian-army-human-rights-abusers-democracy/

See more photos

3 Likes

Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by agwom(m): 7:04am On Sep 07, 2016
chai! buhari
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by rozayx5(m): 7:07am On Sep 07, 2016
you forgot we have a dictator

not a president

4 Likes

Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 07, 2016
This is one of the things I intend stopping when I join the military.
Happy to try out ssc 44
Happy I saw capt. Abdullahi and Abdul, those are Soldiers not lieut. J. Abel.
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by honeygirl17: 7:17am On Sep 07, 2016
Buhari sef
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by 989900: 7:55am On Sep 07, 2016
This is a collective big shame on all of us as a unit -- shame on you NA.

2 Likes

Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by phemmie06(m): 8:21am On Sep 07, 2016
Is the the change we clamoured for, soldiers been paid with the tax payer money doing this to the masses who pay part of his income. Too bad. What is the way forward

1 Like

Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 07, 2016
Some imbecilez are already insulting buhari,did the report said buhari brutalised someone?
Some miscreants from the niger delta and pdp/ipob/tripod can used any medium available just to insult the president.

3 Likes

Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by MilesLamar(m): 8:32am On Sep 07, 2016
Where is Lalasticala?
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by dapachez: 8:48am On Sep 07, 2016
Better change that your topic. I listened to that guy on independent radio, the soldier that started the wahala with the guy was in mufti to be precise he wore shorts. The soldier was in a COMMERCIAL BUS,he came down from the commercial bus and accosted the guy anf latet called his other colleagues amongst whom there was a captain. Do you know how soldiers deal with civilians on a daily basis in benin? This has nothing to do with the President's visit ,go ask people that stay at isihor and environs what they suffer on a daily basis in the hands of this military men or is when they do their monthly drills and block the road from their s and t barracks to oluku harassing motorist and causing traffic gridlock for hours. A couple of months back an army officer threathened to smash my head in ubth just because after attended to him and I was with another patient, he asked a question and I told him to hold on while I finish with my current patient. He was so livid with anger, so just imagine if we were outside the hospital premises what would have been my fate? Majority of low rank soldiers misbehave a lot as if they don't know we are in a democracy. They flout the law when it suits them but do otherwise to bloody civilians. Was it not in this country in abuja two years ago that some Nigeria defence academy cadets beat up man at a recreational park for compliments he made about a female cadet?

4 Likes

Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 07, 2016
FRONT PAGE ........Please. what is wrong with nairaland these days?
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by JonSnow(m): 9:01am On Sep 07, 2016
Tyranny on the increase. Buhari's is a humongous failure.
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by hardbody: 9:25am On Sep 07, 2016
I know what to say but don't know how to say it.

Let us just say that the leopard can never change its spots. Like the leader, like followers.

What we ordered for is what we are being served, let us all endure this one change chance
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 07, 2016
My kwantry
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by abeyaktech: 9:45am On Sep 07, 2016
Have you forgotten that this is tyrant tenure. Sorry friend.
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by progress69: 9:50am On Sep 07, 2016
This is a useless fat lie. First soldiers dont move around with hand cuffs, when soldier turn police? Secondly, it is only in the troubled Niger Delta, and NE/troubles zone soldiers dont necessarily account for bullets. For a city like Benin, it's a lie a soldier called his colleagues and they started firing into the air cos of one guy. For every shot fired, there will be a BOI to ascertain the main reason for u firing a shot. Ordinary butt of rifle break, dem go use days do BOI to find out how the butt of ur rifle break for your hand not to talk of firing live bullets. God help u, u av no sensible reasons. Enough of silly propaganda
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Oahray: 9:58am On Sep 07, 2016
Movingcoil:
This is one of the things I intend stopping when I join the military.
Happy to try out ssc 44
Happy I saw capt. Abdullahi and Abdul, those are Soldiers not lieut. J. Abel.
oga no think am o. You have to get to the very top before you can change anything in the military. If your superior order you to beat nonsense out of a civilian, shey you go disobey?

1 Like

Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 07, 2016
Oahray:
oga no think am o. You have to get to the very top before you can change anything in the military. If your superior order you to beat nonsense out of a civilian, shey you go disobey?
Military has codes and a trained officer can't order you to do such, forget all these rag tags with low self esteem that is littered everywhere as rri that feels the uniform is an object of authority over people's life.
Go to nda kadunna and see soldiers and you will hate being a civilian. Serious soldiers are either in sambisa or niger delta or in his office giving reasonable commands.
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by IVORY2009(m): 10:21am On Sep 07, 2016
AntiIPOB:
Some imbecilez are already insulting buhari,did the report said buhari brutalised someone?
Some miscreants from the niger delta and pdp/ipob/tripod can used any medium available just to insult the president.

Keep opening double ID, I'm coming 4 u!
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Oahray: 10:28am On Sep 07, 2016
Movingcoil:

Military has codes and a trained officer can't order you to do such, forget all these rag tags with low self esteem that is littered everywhere as rri that feels the uniform is an object of authority over people's life.
Go to nda kadunna and see soldiers and you will hate being a civilian. Serious soldiers are either in sambisa or niger delta or in his office giving reasonable commands.
well... I haven't met those ones you are talking about. Over 90% of the soldiers I've met like to treat civilians like animals and they have shaped my mindset of the military. Even when they aren't beating people up or punishing them, there's still this condescending air of superiority about them. I don't think there's anyone in the military that didn't get some training.

Let's go hypothetical. What if you are in the military, and a higher ranking officer orders you to do something you don't like?

1 Like

Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 07, 2016
Oahray:
well... I haven't met those ones you are talking about. Over 90% of the soldiers I've met like to treat civilians like animals and they have shaped my mindset of the military. Even when they aren't beating people up or punishing them, there's still this condescending air of superiority about them. I don't think there's anyone in the military that didn't get some training.

Let's go hypothetical. What if you are in the military, and a higher ranking officer orders you to do something you don't like?
In military, you must do what you don't like, it depends what?
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 07, 2016
progress69:
This is a useless fat lie. First soldiers dont move around with hand cuffs, when soldier turn police? Secondly, it is only in the troubled Niger Delta, and NE/troubles zone soldiers dont necessarily account for bullets. For a city like Benin, it's a lie a soldier called his colleagues and they started firing into the air cos of one guy. For every shot fired, there will be a BOI to ascertain the main reason for u firing a shot. Ordinary butt of rifle break, dem go use days do BOI to find out how the butt of ur rifle break for your hand not to talk of firing live bullets. God help u, u av no sensible reasons. Enough of silly propaganda

What's BOI?
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Biafman: 10:40am On Sep 07, 2016
Didn't the idiot voted for Buhari?
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Oahray: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2016
Movingcoil:

In military, you must do what you don't like, it depends what?
like the story on this thread. You're asked to teach a 'bloody civilian' a lesson for supposedly being a cultist and trying to kill mr President, but you know it's not true.
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 07, 2016
Oahray:
like the story on this thread. You're asked to teach a 'bloody civilian' a lesson for supposedly being a cultist and trying to kill mr President, but you know it's not true.
There are guard rooms where you interrogate such persons.
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by progress69: 11:09am On Sep 07, 2016
Thebachelor:

What's BOI?

Board of Inquiry. This is always done by officers and not soldiers.
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 07, 2016
Thebachelor:

What's BOI?
Bunch Of Idiots.
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 07, 2016
progress69:

Board of Inquiry. This is always done by officers and not soldiers.
Ok,thanks.
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by walemoney007(m): 11:30am On Sep 07, 2016
This isvone of the reason I don't feel any pity for any Nigeria military personnel....i pray the militants keep killing them....foolish people
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by FreeSpirited: 11:46am On Sep 07, 2016
Nawao.....my question is...is it not possible to get justice on those animals called soldiers using ones lawyer in a Nigerian court?....
Re: See What Solders Did To A Man Because Of Buhari Arrival In Benin by Mustay(m): 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
dapachez:
Majority of low rank soldiers misbehave a lot as if they don't know we are in a democracy. They flout the law when it suits them but do otherwise to bloody civilians.
It's not about their knowledge of the system of government, rather it's about esteem issues; a demand for respect rather than earning it; a need to create an aura of fear in order for civilians to be afraid of them and finally, a need to deal with some people 'lower' than them as a result of the sufferings earned at military school and by other senior officers. It's a mentality issue in summary.

Soldiers are disciplined by nature. However, it's one thing to instill discipline, it's another thing to act it.

(1) (Reply)

Kogi State First Lady, Rashida Bello Share Beautiful Photo On Her Birthday / Chief Awolowo's Greatest Life Regret! / No Election In Anambra, Nigeria Media, Igbo leaders Are Liars,– IPOB Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.