Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,596 members, 7,837,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today (35104 Views)

Okorocha, Obiano And Emefiele At NEC Meeting (Photo) / Fayose Wore T-shirt To Aso Villa As He Attends NEC Meeting In Buhari's Absence / Tinubu, Jonathan, Abdulsalami, Sheriff, Akpabio At Opening Of Obasanjo Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by nollez: 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
You think Aso Rock is meant for iletrates . As you frown your face like monkey, so your heart is. Pikin wey say Imm mama no go sleep, na so imm go frown face no sleep too.
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by Godwin616: 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
Where is GEJ ?
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
No more Arrest, Prosecute, Jail and kill Jonathan by.....grin them offcourse.
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by nollez: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nigerians kindly have a good look at all of them at that meeting and tell me who among them is malnourished. Tell me who among them came out of IDP camp in Katsina state. Who among them is having a negative change mantra in his body. I only know that okporoko or dry monkey meat can look cranky like this.
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
So where are Thief Obasanjo, Gowon, Evil IBB, and Shagari?

Did they not attend?
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by Bimpe29: 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hmn! Council of State meeting may not be meaningful nor relevant to Buhari, if not for the constitution that provides for its convergence. Because, Buhari is somehow rigid and not interested in what other members (who are seen as corrupt individuals) would advise or recommend.
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by nollez: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
Dino melaye spoke in proverbs. he said =
No Capacity
NO Capability
is equals to
DOUBLE JEOPARDY
He advised them to retire voluntarily or be sacked. Can you you imagine where a blind man is driving a train carrying all Nigerian citizens !!!!!
Walahi their destination is River Benue.
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by nollez: 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
Can you imagine people dying in silence and when you ask them about change they will open their rotten teeth and mouth and tell you that( A P C ) association of past criminals are working.
TRUTH HAS NO COLOUR.
Answer yourself whether (A P C ) is working or not
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by Fargbaba: 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2016
jegz25:
like it was ever great under him. Infact,we r where we r today bcox of him if u don't knw

JONATHAN SPEAKS OUT...

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan-
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has replied his critics who accused him of handing over a nation at the verge of collapse to his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari.
Jonathan recounted the achievements of his government to include, handing over a country that produced the richest man in Africa.
Jonathan said, “I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.
“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again. I also inherited a country where illiteracy rate particularly in the Northern part was alarming. I handed over a country where every state in the North and indeed all the states had a Federal University. I inherited a country where there was total infrastructural decay in all the unity schools and colleges of education. But I handed over a country with massive infrastructural improvement in almost higher institutions. I inherited a country where agricultural inputs and production were almost zero. But I handed over a country where a bag of rice was sold for N6,500 to N7000. My regime since the establishment of ecological fund office did more irrigation dams in the North and other parts of the country than other subsequent administrations put together. I inherited epileptic fuel supplies resulting to endless queues at the filling stations. I maintained despite enormous challenges of fuel subsidies and handed over a relatively stable fuel regime.
I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.
In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.
The former President further stated " I inherited a country where people were almost losing hope on the credibility of its electoral process but I noticed that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process. I handed over electoral process that engendered fairness in its conduct and conclusiveness ".
He said, “Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.
“The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide.
Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.
Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.
That is where the leadership question comes into play.
As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.
How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?
With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.
Indeed, we sailed through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it. We sailed through because I maintained and still believe that my personal ambition, interest is not worth the blood of any single Nigerian.
My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body.
Pls circulate it for them to know. The deceit is getting too much
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by kutchs: 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
seunmsg:

Truly, power is transient and should be used wisely. Around this time two years ago, Jonathan would never have imagined that Buhari will preside over a council of state meeting and he will be an ex-president at the same meeting. But today, it's a reality and we don't even know what tomorrow holds.
Buhari himself never even imagined to be where he's today hence his unpreparedness and cluelessness about governance. His surprise at being thrust unto power is the reason why Nigeria is going down.
In any case, Buhari isn't going to be there forever unless he decides to play the Bongo game.
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by oluwashedy: 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
bejeiodus:
This should be a lesson to all politicians. A little over a year ago, Gej was presiding over the Council of State meeting as the sitting President. Today, he is in the meeting as an ex-president with someone else presiding. That is how transient power is.

Bongo is about to push Gabon into the abyss of war just because he was rejected by his people. Jonathan had his shortcomings as the leader of this country, but he was one man who knew when to take a bow and leave the stage.
Sir during GEJ tenure, buhari reluctantly missed NEC meetings....
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by nollez: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
Is Nigeria technically in recession OR
Is Nigeria in recession ?
English lecturer with the ministry of finance mrs. Kemi Adeosun should go and answer EFCC for misuse of English in this change mantra era.
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by alfredo4u(m): 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
pls do anybody know d price of garri in the mkt today?
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
Kai just see the way uncle Jonah de bounce. This is the same person they say they will probe. A man that doesn't have skeletons in the cupboard doesn't need to keep a secret room.

In case you ask why uncle Jonah mingle with all these APC fake change agents, it is simply because uncle Jonah has not come for the righteous but has come to call the APC sinners to repentance cool
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by opribo(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
How does bubu really feel sitting atop the number one seat while in actual sense he ought to be sitting at the other side as a past head of state. Now upon all the experiences he ought to have garnered in his first time since he is used to telling us how it used to be 30 years ago. It may seem he has learnt nothing because he is behaving like a tyro president. Everything he has ever done since he came into power was totally wrong.

Wrong ministerial appointments.
Wrong fuel subsidy policy.
Wrong budget implementation.
Wrong INEC administration.
Wrong economic policies.
Wrong developmental plan.
Wrong intergovernmental relationship.
Wrong body language.

Infact wrong people in power, I cant just imagine that we will continue like this till 2019.
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by Kanyekels(m): 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
bejeiodus:
This should be a lesson to all politicians. A little over a year ago, Gej was presiding over the Council of State meeting as the sitting President. Today, he is in the meeting as an ex-president with someone else presiding. That is how transient power is.

Bongo is about to push Gabon into the abyss of war just because he was rejected by his people. Jonathan had his shortcomings as the leader of this country, but he was one man who knew when to take a bow and leave the stage.

Get your facts right, Bongo wasn't rejected by his people. He won with over 6000 votes but his main contestant is power hungry just like Buhari was which led to the death of many in after 2011 elections and that's the same thing happening in Gabon.
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by chrisxxx(m): 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
Jonathan showing class. Do you know that Buhari never attended NEC meeting through Jonathan's tenure?
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by gbagyiza: 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
lol. I see Buhari wishing that his time is up so he can start attending Council of state meeting without all the worries of the country on his shoulders.

I wonder why Buhari chose the terminal period of his life to mess up the reputation he has built over the years, because of greed for the Presidency . Now, he'd go down the way of other Nigeria leaders; insulted by the masses daily.

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. ...

Dats d truth...He has mess up his reputation honestly because of power tussle...
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by omolola15(m): 6:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
happney65:
Buhari never attended any NEC meeting since 1999..I think he later attended one grudgingly.Am not 100percent sure..He was always in court claiming he was rigged out of power while calling he's supporters to go on violence ..He isnt a democrat one bit,power hungry..2019 isnt far,he would never never relinquish power.. omolola15

Tell me how many past president do attend NEC meeting. How many obasanjo don attend. Na only Abdul Salam and gowon dey take the thin serious. And this is the first Jonathan is attending since may 2015.

Also in Jonathan's regime there didn't hold NEC meeting so frequently. They only had NCS and Buhari or any other president should be there but it's not as important as NEC.
I've always told you facts only. Who told you Buhari never attended any since 1999. Google is your friend my friend.
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by tonquendo4u(m): 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
Didn't look like Buhari is presiding over d meeting
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by CoolAmbience(m): 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
lol. I see Buhari wishing that his time is up so he can start attending Council of state meeting without all the worries of the country on his shoulders.

I wonder why Buhari chose the terminal period of his life to mess up the reputation he has built over the years, because of greed for the Presidency . Now, he'd go down the way of other Nigeria leaders; insulted by the masses daily.

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. ...

I do not see how trying to diversify the economy through mining and agriculture, ending insurgency and economic sabotage in whatever guise and instilling probity in governance, amount to 'messing up his reputation.

In the end, I assure you, many of these people will have to eat their own words. Mind you respite has returned to the North East, Nigeria's export increased by over 60% in Q2, approvals have been given for massive employments by some MDAs, Nickel has been discovered and Ajaokuta Steel Company is been resusitated. It can only get better!
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by Haxuu: 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
Goodluck is claimin elder 4 the first time
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by happney65: 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
omolola15:

Tell me how many past president do attend NEC meeting. How many obasanjo don attend. Na only Abdul Salam and gowon dey take the thin serious. And this is the first Jonathan is attending since may 2015.

Also in Jonathan's regime there didn't hold NEC meeting so frequently. They only had NCS and Buhari or any other president should be there but it's not as important as NEC.
I've always told you facts only. Who told you Buhari never attended any since 1999. Google is your friend my friend.

Lol..I will give you facts over facts..Buhari only attended one before he won the election and that was when Jega was Appointed by GEJ..He never attended any one till then..He is the only Nigerian Head of state that always stay away.Claiming he is being rigged out of power..Fact..You dont read the newspapers nor listen to the News so you wont know..

IBB,SHONEKAN,Abdul-salam and OBJ are frequent attendees..Shonekan is the most frequent of all of them..The next one Buhari attended was the last one done by GEJ in which he showed him around Aso-Rock..I read the news,Listen to the news as it happens..Not on Social Media but from the Source..Have being using my personal Money to buy newspapers since i was age 10 or thereabout so i know am saying..Okay?
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by mayama(m): 8:04pm On Sep 07, 2016
bejeiodus:

which should we learn that power is transient or Gej is your hero,i think I know the one.
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by kutchs: 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
CoolAmbience:

I do not see how trying to diversify the economy through mining and agriculture, ending insurgency and economic sabotage in whatever guise and instilling probity in governance, amount to 'messing up his reputation.

In the end, I assure you, many of these people will have to eat their own words. Mind you respite has returned to the North East, Nigeria's export increased by over 60% in Q2, approvals have been given for massive employments by some MDAs, Nickel has been discovered and Ajaokuta Steel Company is been resusitated. It can only get better!

If you think respite has returned to the North East,then you are living in another world like Bayo Onanuga. That the media no longer reports cases of boko haram attacks doesn't mean the group has been defeated. People who lives in the troubled areas will tell you the group is still active as they were two/three years back.
Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by Deepfreezer(m): 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
Men them. Oga GEJ and Sir Abubakar I salute ooo.

Re: Jonathan, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shonekan At NEC Meeting Presided By Buhari Today by CoolAmbience(m): 12:17am On Sep 10, 2016
kutchs:

If you think respite has returned to the North East,then you are living in another world like Bayo Onanuga. That the media no longer reports cases of boko haram attacks doesn't mean the group has been defeated. People who lives in the troubled areas will tell you the group is still active as they were two/three years back.

Anyone who says there has not been significant improvement in the NE is a cheap liar. I am speaking firsthand. I visit different parts of the North and have friends scattered around the North having spent close to 20 years of my life there. This falsehood isn't doing anyone any good and has to stop.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Inspects Rigasa Train Station In Kaduna With El-rufai & Amaechi(pics) / Which Jibrin? Senators Exchange Banters Over Buhari’s Alleged Impostor / Remi Tinubu, Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu Visit Bus-Train Crash Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.