Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,442 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) (70792 Views)

₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / Private Jet Looking Like A Hotel That Costs N27 Million From Lagos To Abuja / Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by DisGuy: 11:33pm On Sep 14, 2016
saving 2k smh

for beer I presume...

You try bros
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
Officialkenshin:

Here in warri. there is a standard hotel of 2500 lodge a night and it's standard with Air con and 14 inch plasma TV.

That's where I take my girl to after clubbing.

Very comfortable.

2500#.

My brother which room. Help your guy
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Officialkenshin(m): 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2016
guymanDspecies:

My brother which room. Help your guy

Which side u dey?
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
Officialkenshin:

Which side u dey?

I dey stay Ovu. But that place na dry village. Weekend I wan dey come Warri to lodge and flex small
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by fratermathy(m): 1:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
guymanDspecies:

I dey stay Ovu. But that place na dry village. Weekend I wan dey come Warri to lodge and flex small

Oshare, vwe r'omo r'Agbon.?
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by westsyde92: 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
dakerabbi:
Oga abeg ooo, the whole of Benin u no get one friend that u can stay with and at least offer or assit him in d feeding? Don't go and kill yourself in d name of saving money
Do yhu stay in benin
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by westsyde92: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
Williambanks:
Imbox me lemme call my brother so you stay with him.... atleast you only pay tp.... i hope he is around cause me in abj... whatsapo 08109667209
Yhu in benin
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by westsyde92: 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
StephenJoseph:
@ OP, I feel your pain and am not comfortable seeing someone going through such pain. If you had said you wanted help on free accommodation, I wouldn't mind helping you because I base in Benin. You go enjoy your stay. I go on gen, fan go dey blow you and you go thank me later before leaving to Lagos. I stay in self contain, its tiles and PVC. Good and sweet accommodation
Can I contact yhu on something
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by westsyde92: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
I would be in Benin soon
And am gonna stay for prolly 2mths I need a cheap hotel or even a short term. Lease or any one who can help me with accommodation, I wud contribute
Fellow nairalanders help me
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:05am On Apr 01, 2018
BlackAfrican:
Here's a better offer. How about you get a room for 3 months (9k) instead of spending 2k everyday (60k monthly). You can even spend up to 20k to get a bed, stove, pot and plates to prepare small emergency meals. Let's say your first month you spend 30k, you would have saved yourself 30k. In 6 months, you would have saved yourself over 300k. I am talking about the 2k you would have been spending daily on hotel.

Secondly I don't know why Nigerians are sometimes reluctant to give out information that can make businesses sit up. If you've been having such a terrible experience in this hotel then I suggest you give the name in this post so that people can be aware. It will make the hotel sit up. And where are the authorities that are supposed to conduct regular inspections on these hotels? Maybe they've been bribed to keep kwayet. Nigeria!!
Hello. Good morning. What's the possibility of getting a room for that price as you stated for the op... And in which area. Thank you .
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 01, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
Hello. Good morning. What's the possibility of getting a room for that price as you stated for the op... And in which area. Thank you .

It's possible. Which area do you have in mind
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:48am On Apr 01, 2018
BlackAfrican:

It's possible. Which area do you have in mind
Akpakpava axis, James watt, Dawson, 1st or 2nd.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 01, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
Akpakpava axis, James watt, Dawson, 1st or 2nd.

You can stay at Ikpoba Hill then...
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Kingzy4pep(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2018
BlackAfrican:

You can stay at Ikpoba Hill then...
Yes.
Wouldn't mind.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
Yes.
Wouldn't mind.

Where are you presently and how long will you be staying (in the place you'll be renting)?
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:00pm On Apr 01, 2018
BlackAfrican:

Where are you presently and how long will you be staying (in the place you'll be renting)?
A month or two. I'd be in Benin very early tomorrow morning
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
A month or two. I'd be in Benin very early tomorrow morning

I think the minimum they'd do here is three months..
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
Moscobabs,
Sir, I see this post was done in 2016....but I couldn't even get past the third post on your thread without wanting to puke.....wow.
I am extremely picky when I stay in 2 star hotels...can't even do motels...which are a step below hotels.
The cheapest I've done is 50 dollars...but I have to increase that cause sometimes it's worth the extra money to have peace of mind.
I used to wonder why one of my sisters will only stay in a hotel that's a minimum of 150 dollars a night....
I thought that was extreme but now I get it totally.
Boy have I had some terrible situations...where I actually left and asked for a refund. And in most of the situations, I was only needing to stay 1 night...but I couldn't make it through.
I'm very "OCD" when it comes to cleanliness....
Me and germs don't get along too well.
I don't use the hotel bath towels anymore...and (although I do...) I am quite scared to sleep on the sheets because they sometimes don't look clean and I can only imagine what has happened on them.
I'm not trying to be arrogant, cause a simple, modest and clean room...with very few amenities is fine with me.
But filth and bugs and "other" things ...I can't take.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 6:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
Mobilia:
Moscobabs,
Sir, I see this post was done in 2016....but I couldn't even get past the third post on your thread without wanting to puke.....wow.
I am extremely picky when I stay in 2 star hotels...can't even do motels...which are a step below hotels.
The cheapest I've done is 50 dollars...but I have to increase that cause sometimes it's worth the extra money to have peace of mind.
I used to wonder why one of my sisters will only stay in a hotel that's a minimum of 150 dollars a night....
I thought that was extreme but now I get it totally.
Boy have I had some terrible situations...where I actually left and asked for a refund. And in most of the situations, I was only needing to stay 1 night...but I couldn't make it through.
I'm very "OCD" when it comes to cleanliness....
Me and germs don't get along too well.
I don't use the hotel bath towels anymore...and (although I do...) I am quite scared to sleep on the sheets because they sometimes don't look clean and I can only imagine what has happened on them.
I'm not trying to be arrogant, cause a simple, modest and clean room...with very few amenities is fine with me.
But filth and bugs and "other" things ...I can't take.
Sister I will say you are among the few that are lucky. Anyway that was 2016 when I was facing some challenges and when Nigeria was in recession, I used to stay in 5star hotels before 2016 when I started searching for cheaper things .

But I'm back to my feet.

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
moscobabs:

Sister I will say you are among the few that are lucky. Anyway that was 2016 when I was facing some challenges and when Nigeria was in recession, I used to stay in 5star hotels before 2016 when I started searching for cheaper things .

But I'm back to my feet.

Thanks dear

Ok....I understand brother.
I don't always have the money either.
Sometimes you have to deal with whatever you have...
I've had to learn to economize much better..
The Lord is humbling me in many ways....
Even if one has the money...there's nothing wrong in being thrifty or frugal. Example: Bill Gates...
But sometimes, the saying "you get what you pay for", rings sooo true.
Thanks for being kind....

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
BlackAfrican:

I think the minimum they'd do here is three months..
No problem then.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by StephenJoseph(m): 11:57pm On Feb 23, 2019
westsyde92:
Can I contact yhu on something
Go ahead
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 05, 2019
fados4sure:
Op so sorry about your sad experience. But, you said you will be living the next day that was why i couldn't recommend others to you & moreover, from Dawson (which was were you first lodge) to Iyaro is just #30 & my best friend has a 23 room in Lawani (Lawani is the street after the Cometh Hotel) & you would have just go & meet him or lodge in Cometh Hotel in Iyaro for #2k/night..

Please I want to ask if you have any idea of hotel in mind of about 2500 around Aduwawa lucky way down to Dawson axis.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 05, 2019
Please anyone with an idea of hotel around Aduwawa, lucky way down to Dawson that takes 2500 per night.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 05, 2019
BiggyB242:

Please I want to ask if you have any idea of hotel in mind of about 2500 around Aduwawa lucky way down to Dawson axis.
You can check Igiesota street. That's the street b4 Guiness which is just 5 minutes walk from Lucky way

There is a very good one at Iyaro and Iyaro to Dawnson is just N40 or treckable. The name of the hotel is Diamond Height Hotel and they have N2500 room
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2019
fados4sure:

You can check Igiesota street. That's the street b4 Guiness which is just 5 minutes walk from Lucky way

There is a very good one at Iyaro and Iyaro to Dawnson is just N40 or treckable. The name of the hotel is Diamond Height Hotel and they have N2500 room

Thanks
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 05, 2019
fados4sure:

The hotel at Igiesota does have N2500 right.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
BiggyB242:

The hotel at Igiesota does have N2500 right.
I'm not quite sure about the price but the one at Iyaro is very cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ethiopia Just Entered 2013 While The Rest Of The World Is In 2020 - HistoryVille / Aminu Yakubu Dies Of Coronavirus In Katsina 3 Days After Returning From Lagos / Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.