Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) (70796 Views)

₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / Private Jet Looking Like A Hotel That Costs N27 Million From Lagos To Abuja / Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by IbBarham(m): 6:37am On Sep 12, 2016
Sorry.. don't you knw that Edo rugged gan...
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by uboma(m): 6:44am On Sep 12, 2016
Compliant:

Uniben lodge single room is not up to that and very clean, always light , ac working, fan working , clean environment , good food , security, TV with paid subscription. I stay there a lot whenever I have business in benin

Is this Uniben lodge situated within the university?

If it is, then the area is far away from town, don't you think?
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by eseosa77(m): 6:45am On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:
The following morning I pack my bag and I say goodbye to them. when I reach office I called a colleague and ask him if I can get a cheap hotel of not more than 2k around, the only one he could point at is the same hotel. I leta come out for him that I spent my night there and I narrated my experience to his , he was just laughing and tell.me.its normal because I looked for cheap thing I have to pay the price as well, that even the top managers that have been visiting are lodging in that same hotel. meanwhile my hotel allowance is 4k per night and those ogas is 6k if those big bosses with big cars are spending days in the stinky place to save 4k daily why won't I do the same to save 2k ?

Fellow Nairalanders I have been here for 2 weeks now o. I have changed my room 4 times but still the same experience but me don't sleep on the bed again o .I sleep on the chair and carry my leg on top table lol

...I'm doing this to save 2k ni o. May God help Nigeria o Hardship is a bad experience o.

@op i advice you leave there,there are cheaper ones in that area.There is one behind FELONA hotel along down son road.its cheap too.I mean the road by felona hotel,they call it major guest house the rooms are very neat
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by yodin: 6:59am On Sep 12, 2016
Eyah! A very bad experience indeed.

So there is still bedbus in some part of this country?and benin city to be precise.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 7:00am On Sep 12, 2016
maxit2:

As a concerned individual from that region of the country. I feel you should first remove "Benin" from your very stuuupid thread.
Like dude, you are paying N2,000 per night and you expect anything above this. You just tryna paint benin as a low class place when you know u getting what your getting cos your broke as fuuuck... Which company pays a worker 4k per day accomondation? do you work for a sewer company or what?

Now, just compare 2k to what you can get in your LONDON(lagos, lol) and tell me what to expect...... 2k per night? menh i will collect your 2k and make you sleep in the street.
Also, you should learn a lil bit of the english language. Bro you don't know when and how to use paste tense.
PRESENT TENSE: I am going there
PAST TENSE: I went there.

Which kind craze person be this one self? Listen submit your CV make i help your destiny.

OBA GHA TOR KPERE.

attention seeking goat..... how old r u ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Pennywise(m): 7:05am On Sep 12, 2016
KillerBeauty:
There is nothing worst than staying in a terrible hotel.
I remember staying in one hotel in Ikeja Lagos that was cockroach infested, no windows in the room the whole place was stuffy. My experience there was terrible

Hiannn? No windows!! What did u pay for bail?
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 7:05am On Sep 12, 2016
Williambanks:
Imbox me lemme call my brother so you stay with him.... atleast you only pay tp.... i hope he is around cause me in abj... whatsapo 08109667209

thank u bro...am in Lagos already, check the update of my story in 2nd page . I spent my last 2 days in another hotel and it was splendid.

nice hotel with all facilities with just #2,500

not that cheap hotel are not gud in Benin just that I got the worse one in the first place

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 7:14am On Sep 12, 2016
Artistree:

You have just shown that which makes you a typical Bini viz; aggression. There are lots of we Binis on this thread, how come you're the only one getting offended by the Op's story? Ebroda ne okase Edo, lahor, gberen hin vbo, egie udu rue ghasi...
God bless you for this comment sir.

I don't know where I paint Benin black in my story . some people sa.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 7:18am On Sep 12, 2016
CaraJewel:
Sory bro..me Am not sure i can survive a night there..plz try to do check up wen u go lag
my sister I never think I will survive a night too but its gud to experience this at least ones in a lifetime.just to learn that some people are outside there suffering more than u.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by rubochi(m): 7:18am On Sep 12, 2016
The hotel is opposite Total and last before BEDC. It's a stinky please owned by Baba and notorious for 'shot time' i have also had a bad time there too but all in all its the cheapest hotel closest to the city...

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 12, 2016
OP your Title is very misleading. Please kindly let people know that this is your bad experience in a 2k cheap hotel in Benin City. Remember Benin is a city not a village. How can you expect to sleep well if you are paying 2k per night. You make it sound like its the hotel in Benin that is making you suffer (from the title of your post and rantings) were actually its your pocket and the people paying you 4k to stay in a hotel in Benin that is making you suffer.
Instead of looking for a hotel at that rate, it is actually better to look for someone to stay with and dash them the 2k. Am not sorry for you at all. You got what you could afford and it has nothing to do with Benin City
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 12, 2016
av got mtn transfer airtime fr sale upto 19k wanna sell it fr 15k.....am in benin city call 07039679461
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:43am On Sep 12, 2016
shinarambo1:

haha.... Filth is everywhere..filth just get levels. Funny enough, the 2nd place i saw a bed bug in my life was on a train in Canada.
It was crawling on the black winter coat of a guy sat opposite me.

Roaches and bugs. The two insects i hate most in this world. eeeew. I would rather sleep in a mosquito infested room than those former two.

Nigeria's filth, individual lack of proper hygiene, and general public dirtiness is on a whole different level.

And, Bed Bugs are not caused by "filth", per se. For example, say the OP visits your home right after coming from his trip and deposits some of those bugs in your couch, will that now make you dirty person? There was a time, right here in D.C, that we had alerts warning us of bed bug infestation in major hotels. In fact, this alert was extended to other major cities--- they "travel", because people carry them around.

Like someone said, good luck to the OP getting rid of them from his home because he's in major trouble, he just doesn't know it yet.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by lazeal: 7:50am On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:

thanks bro.. I never sleep since yesternight but u know the funniest?

I'm still praying for the assignment to continue in fact I can spend 6 months like this.... lol. what I need now is to go and look for Hausa mat cos I still need to rest.

cata has been worrying me since last 2 weeks now because I m denying myself of sleep
bros, there is a good hotel Opposite God is Good motors along that akpakpava road. get to God is good, cross to the other side and ask where you have Iyare motors, on the right lane of the road before you get to Iyare, you will see the hotel. There is also another one along same lane as God is Good motors, the compound before faith motors. Those are the two I have used there.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Walexsammy(m): 7:56am On Sep 12, 2016
Malayy:
the hotel I lodged in nsukka in 2012 was okay.. nice bed. clean bedsheet.. and I paid just 2k..
compare Benin with Enugu and not Nsukka
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by texazzpete(m): 8:04am On Sep 12, 2016
OP, you must be kidding.

2k will not get you a hotel room. It will get you a short-time brothel masquerading as a hotel room. Which kain job you dey do wey you go punish yourself like this?
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Abbey2sam(m): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:
The following morning I pack my bag and I say goodbye to them. when I reach office I called a colleague and ask him if I can get a cheap hotel of not more than 2k around, the only one he could point at is the same hotel. I leta come out for him that I spent my night there and I narrated my experience to his , he was just laughing and tell.me.its normal because I looked for cheap thing I have to pay the price as well, that even the top managers that have been visiting are lodging in that same hotel. meanwhile my hotel allowance is 4k per night and those ogas is 6k if those big bosses with big cars are spending days in the stinky place to save 4k daily why won't I do the same to save 2k ?

Fellow Nairalanders I have been here for 2 weeks now o. I have changed my room 4 times but still the same experience but me don't sleep on the bed again o .I sleep on the chair and carry my leg on top table lol

...I'm doing this to save 2k ni o. May God help Nigeria o Hardship is a bad experience o.

I like this guy

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Etinosajay(m): 8:18am On Sep 12, 2016
lastpage:

He wont even get "short-time" for thirty minutes, at that price.
That must be 2003 price in Lagos, for one hour grin grin grin

Dont ask me how l take know, l nor be ashewo like you but l dey hear people talk am.

Lastpage!

And then e come pay 2k for hotel dey expect 50k services. Is he not encouraging fraud?
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Etinosajay(m): 8:21am On Sep 12, 2016
lazeal:
bros, there is a good hotel Opposite God is Good motors along that akpakpava road. get to God is good, cross to the other side and ask where you have Iyare motors, on the right lane of the road before you get to Iyare, you will see the hotel. There is also another one along same lane as God is Good motors, the compound before faith motors. Those are the two I have used there.

Don't mind the broke op. He left all the good hotels in Benin and started looking for 2k olosho hotel come here dey say Benin hotels are bad.

He bought buns and was expecting egg roll
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by realpoacher(m): 8:23am On Sep 12, 2016
maxit2:

As a concerned individual from that region of the country. I feel you should first remove "Benin" from your very stuuupid thread.
Like dude, you are paying N2,000 per night and you expect anything above this. You just tryna paint benin as a low class place when you know u getting what your getting cos your broke as fuuuck... Which company pays a worker 4k per day accomondation? do you work for a sewer company or what?

Now, just compare 2k to what you can get in your LONDON(lagos, lol) and tell me what to expect...... 2k per night? menh i will collect your 2k and make you sleep in the street.
Also, you should learn a lil bit of the english language. Bro you don't know when and how to use paste tense.
PRESENT TENSE: I am going there
PAST TENSE: I went there.

Which kind craze person be this one self? Listen submit your CV make i help your destiny.

OBA GHA TOR KPERE.

Don't mind the OP, very foolish boy....

Bros abeg shey make I submit my CV instead?...

I will be grateful if you can help my destiny... I need a Job bro!

Thanks in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by midehi2(f): 8:27am On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:

thanks bro.. I never sleep since yesternight but u know the funniest?

I'm still praying for the assignment to continue in fact I can spend 6 months like this.... lol. what I need now is to go and look for Hausa mat cos I still need to rest.

cata has been worrying me since last 2 weeks now because I m denying myself of sleep
i swear, you are a clown cheesy cheesy ... i cant stop laughing this early morning, u wan burst my belle? kikiikiikiiii, hahahahaha cheesy cheesy choi grin grin

iyanmaaa! bedbug the smell alone can kill, guy pls leave there & go to a better hotel, health first o
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by lazeal: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2016
Etinosajay:

Don't mind the broke op. He left all the good hotels in Benin and started looking for 2k olosho hotel come here dey say Benin hotels are bad.

He bought buns and was expecting egg roll
LMAOOO... I didn't even read much of the write up. Benin that I know is a den of hotels and more sprung up during the last regime. Na which kind assignment him go do for Benin sef?
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by midehi2(f): 8:29am On Sep 12, 2016
realpoacher:

Don't mind the OP, very foolish boy....
Bros abeg shey make I submit my CV instead?...
I will be grateful if you can help my destiny... I need a Job bro!

Thanks in advance
grin sharp guy
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by dawoyo(m): 8:30am On Sep 12, 2016
There are far better hotels that are equally cheap. Just as someone suggested, go to a hotel that a room costs say 4k a night & then tell them you instead to stay for about 5 months. Tell d manager your budget is 2k a night & you will be paying upfront say every month. You will definitely get a good offer.

moscobabs:

Thanks bro

I can't rent an apartment cos I don't know the actual days this assignment will take

on your second point sir, I purposely withheld the hotel name cos I don't want to spoil their business and don't forget am still lodging here . am a lagosian I have no family or friend in Benin if any of this hotel staff see this thread they will surely know am the one created this thread cos am the oldest lodger here and i complain a lot other people are complaining too. 2 days ago they even spread some of those mattresses in the sun and I heard they fumigate the hotel a month ago don't know if its true . I can only mention the hotel when I leave here.

Thank u sir
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by midehi2(f): 8:30am On Sep 12, 2016
lazeal:
LMAOOO... I didn't even read much of the write up. Benin that I know is a den of hotels and more sprung up during the last regime. Na which kind assignment him go do for Benin sef?
bedbug assignment grin
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by smart024(m): 8:40am On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:
The bed,The table and my legs putting on the table while sleeping. there is Raid on top of that bed

cc : justwise

DisGuy

lalasticla

seun

Hmm...

I was once stuck under such a situation in Surulere, Lagos state, Calabar, Cross River state and yet again in Oji, Enugu state.

What I did on both occassions was to pay for a room for 7days straight, stayed back and monitored the cleaning of the room myself and then went and bought a new bedspread, insecticide, canfor for the toilet and an air freshener...

Note that before you leave your room on everyday, strongly instruct whoever is going to clean your room to pls leave your items intact as you kept them...

Na one of my boss way be professional in staying at cheap hotels for official functions give me this expo o...
In his case, he permanently have these BASIC things in his car...

SAVE YOURSELF FROM THE SITUATION FIRST AND THANK ME LATER...
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by mctowel01: 9:18am On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:

If you still have mlre time to spend thete.. Go and buy sniper. Its about N200. Mix it with water and spray all the hideouts of the bedbugs... Thank me later
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by mctowel01: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:

Economy recession has change a lot of rich and average people to poor people.

I was not the type that look for cheap things but the situation of things in the country turns me to another person because I have a lot of bills to pay and ego( money) no enter as it used to enter before.

Month ago I created a thread that I needed a cheap hotel where I can lodge in Benin that was after I have spent like 5days in one of the expensive hotels around Dawson and I was very broke so I needed a hotel that will less than 2k because I still have like 3 more weeks to finish my assignment in Benin .

On that day many Samaritans on Nairaland suggested some cheaper hotel for me and I eventually picked the one that is close to my place of assignment around Akpakpava, when I got to the hotel (name withheld ) I knew I won't enjoy my stay but never expect what am experiencing though. The attendant showed me some rooms for #1500 even dog can not survive if he sleep there talk less of human such person will just suffocate, the smell of sperm and cums plus bedbugs blood are stinky than that of abattior .
Your case is even light. Back then in school hostel, about 10 in that same size of room you are complaining about. Bedbugs kept surging from all corners at night. No matter how you tried, they still troubled. So we got sniper, took all mattresses out and sprayed all edges, hideouts, corners and every possible location of these things. Believe me, what we saw, like thousands hiding in a small corner and you know, these things reproduce fast. So, eventually, after the exercise, the room was habitable
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by royallord1(m): 10:36am On Sep 12, 2016
ismokeweed:

Not sure central hotel is this bad. That feedwell is near where I work. Only entered the bar but nna.. Odikwa rugged. Some kind old mamas just gallant there. One asked me "Fine boy, make we fvck". She should be like 42 years. I started stammering and my d1ck was then like biro cover. I de smoke igbo no mean say I de craze.
hahhahaha... nna abeg... biko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aminu Yakubu Dies Of Coronavirus In Katsina 3 Days After Returning From Lagos / Ethiopia Just Entered 2013 While The Rest Of The World Is In 2020 - HistoryVille / Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.