Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) (70747 Views)

₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / Private Jet Looking Like A Hotel That Costs N27 Million From Lagos To Abuja / Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
Imbox me lemme call my brother so you stay with him.... atleast you only pay tp.... i hope he is around cause me in abj... whatsapo 08109667209
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by OMAR12: 11:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
Oga u self no try ooo, haba u for just buy cheap insecticide since u go stay for more than two week am sure u would have killed a lot of those smelly bedbugs.if u had applied insecticide on ur second night if possible empty the whole content am sure u would have saved ur self the stress.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Friedthunder(m): 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
Abeg I no fit read ham finish.. Abeg summarise
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by overboard(m): 11:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
I had a terrible hotel experience in Benin as well like 4 months back.

After my initial trip from Lagos, I left Warri to see a friend in Benin. It was getting to 6 pm and I detest night movement or I'd have gone back to Warri where great hospitality was still awaiting me if I wished. So I decided not to burden my friend but stay in a hotel til the morning when I'd board God Is Good Motors back to Gidi.

The closest hotel to God Is Good was recommended by one of their staff, just a minute walk. I asked if it was decent and he was like big people stay there.

Well, the hotel was actually large with about 5 floors but why spend, I think about N9 or N10k for a room for less than 12 hours when they had the N5k+ rooms; that alone was enough moullah wastage sef.

After 4 inspections, I chose one with the most decent look, tah!

The restaurant downstairs where they had milked me unfairly was average. They claimed they didn't have change and the female attendant at the bar section that served me a drink said she'd bring the change to my room much later but I clearly saw her give out enough change severally as I ate my food. Your guess is as good as mine; I told her to keep it on my way out. Alakoba!

Back to the room, I discovered sperm stains on the sheets and as far as the curtain of the window next to the bed!

Changing it was going to be impossible as the attendant took ages to bring me soap and tissue after several calls, and grudgingly too.

The TV was as usual, permanent-ed on Africa Magic, the so called shower was a facade and the door would not lock until a 5 minute battle with it! Imagine my frustration especially with security concerns when it first acted up.

It's a good thing I always pack a towel and a cover cloth when travelling... that was what I used on the bed and I carefully bagged them in the am into a nylon careful not to touch it on the side with contact on the bed. I used my one of my previously worn T-shirt to dry myself after a 5 am shower. I have concluded I will also always add wipes and disinfectant anytime I take a trip.

Urrrgh!

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by maxit2(m): 11:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:

Economy recession has change a lot of rich and average people to poor people.

I was not the type that look for cheap things but the situation of things in the country turns me to another person because I have a lot of bills to pay and ego( money) no enter as it used to enter before.

Month ago I created a thread that I needed a cheap hotel where I can lodge in Benin that was after I have spent like 5days in one of the expensive hotels around Dawson and I was very broke so I needed a hotel that will less than 2k because I still have like 3 more weeks to finish my assignment in Benin .

On that day many Samaritans on Nairaland suggested some cheaper hotel for me and I eventually picked the one that is close to my place of assignment around Akpakpava, when I got to the hotel (name withheld ) I knew I won't enjoy my stay but never expect what am experiencing though. The attendant showed me some rooms for #1500 even dog can not survive if he sleep there talk less of human such person will just suffocate, the smell of sperm and cums plus bedbugs blood are stinky than that of abattior .
As a concerned individual from that region of the country. I feel you should first remove "Benin" from your very stuuupid thread.
Like dude, you are paying N2,000 per night and you expect anything above this. You just tryna paint benin as a low class place when you know u getting what your getting cos your broke as fuuuck... Which company pays a worker 4k per day accomondation? do you work for a sewer company or what?

Now, just compare 2k to what you can get in your LONDON(lagos, lol) and tell me what to expect...... 2k per night? menh i will collect your 2k and make you sleep in the street.
Also, you should learn a lil bit of the english language. Bro you don't know when and how to use paste tense.
PRESENT TENSE: I am going there
PAST TENSE: I went there.

Which kind craze person be this one self? Listen submit your CV make i help your destiny.

OBA GHA TOR KPERE.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Artistree: 12:10am On Sep 12, 2016
maxit2:

As a concerned individual from that region of the country. I feel you should first remove "Benin" from your very stuuupid thread.
Like dude, you are paying N2,000 per night and you expect anything above this. You just tryna paint benin as a low class place when you know u getting what your getting cos your broke as fuuuck... Which company pays a worker 4k per day accomondation? do you work for a sewer company or what?

Now, just compare 2k to what you can get in your LONDON(lagos, lol) and tell me what to expect...... 2k per night? menh i will collect your 2k and make you sleep in the street.
Also, you should learn a lil bit of the english language. Bro you don't know when and how to use paste tense.

Which kind craze person be this one self? Listen submit your CV make i help your destiny.

OBA GHA TOR KPERE.

You have just shown that which makes you a typical Bini viz; aggression. There are lots of we Binis on this thread, how come you're the only one getting offended by the Op's story? Ebróda n'ókasé Edo, lahór, gberén hin vbó, ghé gie udu rué ghasi...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by redcliff: 12:24am On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:

thanks bro.. I never sleep since yesternight but u know the funniest?

I'm still praying for the assignment to continue in fact I can spend 6 months like this.... lol. what I need now is to go and look for Hausa mat cos I still need to rest.

cata has been worrying me since last 2 weeks now because I m denying myself of sleep

your problem isnt being frugal and cutting cost. your problem is poverty mentality. When you fall sick and need to take medications that may cost you all the money you have saved plus more, then you would know that you should never joke with your health again.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 12, 2016
Artistree:

You have just shown that which makes you a typical Bini viz; aggression. There are lots of we Binis on this thread, how come you're the only one getting offended by the Op's story? Ebroda ne okase Edo, lahor, gberen hin vbo, egie udu rue ghasi...
You have time to answer that bunkum. Small baba ijebu money is intoxicating him.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by keny124: 12:34am On Sep 12, 2016
Oga you don sabi all those good hotels. Was it on research purpose or............... LOLZ
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by EZEBEL: 12:36am On Sep 12, 2016
Hope Op no transfer the bedbug to the new hotel.

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by CaraJewel(f): 12:39am On Sep 12, 2016
Sory bro..me Am not sure i can survive a night there..plz try to do check up wen u go lag
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by metroid(m): 12:57am On Sep 12, 2016
OP when in Benin take cab to BEDC guest house along Second east circular road 2k with 24 hrs Electricity by Ozolua Junction
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by toyinkin(m): 1:01am On Sep 12, 2016
next time bro,if u need any cheeper hotel.just login 2 jovago.com.nd I promise some1 might help u out. any where in d country.thou I was once a victim of so called hotels sha.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by yinkslinks(m): 1:02am On Sep 12, 2016
bro ehime why u dey lie to people na? na your room u dey call hotel cus e dirty abi. chai omo boys go hear wetin i see online.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by NobleG1(m): 1:50am On Sep 12, 2016
Saving money while endangering your health is a terrible idea!
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by oviepuege(m): 2:04am On Sep 12, 2016
Buy sniper and fumagate ur room. Then use candle on all the bed edges. Burn d bugs from under. Burn the table under with candle too. Den put ur foam outside. Use sniper on d foam n in d room
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Turbocharged: 2:23am On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:
The bed,The table and my legs putting on the table while sleeping. there is Raid on top of that bed

cc : justwise

DisGuy

lalasticla

seun
Why not look for 1 room and pay for one month. U wl aave more and get good sleep
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by cocolacec(m): 2:27am On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:

Bro thank u very much sir ...I spent my night at Comet hotel it was splendid I never knew there is cheap hotel of #2500 with all facilities that makes u feel as if u r in paradise .

the #2k rooms have been occupied when I got there around 8pm but I went for #2500 own. in fact I enjoyed the place than the 4k own I lodged at Dawson . so I have been suffering myself since all these while .

I hope you didnt give the Comet Hotel the parting gift of Bedbugs. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Freksy(m): 2:33am On Sep 12, 2016
4K for a daily hotel allowance is too small. However, i wonder why you thought u could get a good hotel for just 2k.

You sound like someone who could still deprive self of comfort even if you were given 20k of in lieu of hotel accommodation daily.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Fawklicant: 4:04am On Sep 12, 2016
cheesy cheesy 5 inches television! Hilarious!
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Fawklicant: 4:10am On Sep 12, 2016
maxit2:

OBA GHA TOR KPERE.

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by 48noble(m): 4:19am On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:

watch match? seems u don't understand me bro I pray u don't find yourself in this kind situation o. I can't even try to watch the TV inside here even if na 1000 inches dey here. I only enter the room when I m ready to sleep not that I booked the room I pay per night cos and i may not sleep in the same room I stayed yesterday today cos another person must have lodged there and am doing this to see if new room will be beta than the former

Its pitiable. Book a room then go out and buy otapiapia(a local pesticide). And use it to debug d bed and room. By ursef. Like a hustile takeover. Wake up early enough turn d whole place upside down and spread,spread, spread and keep spreading as u go, having in mind that d room is made for man and not invading bedbug. Sylvester Stallon have killed many poisonous spiders to camp in an abandoned military base for his research in one of his movies shocked
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:54am On Sep 12, 2016
Whats with Nigerians and bad hygiene? Always filthy, filthy, filthy.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Rizstar: 4:54am On Sep 12, 2016
Simply buy 500 naira strong insecticide, spray it in all corners of the room, bed, toilet, bathroom every morning before you leave for work. Everything will die and you enjoy your stay there.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by colbankz(m): 5:23am On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:

I know bro, I just discovered 5 mins ago that bedbugs have lot houses under that table now. and that's where I put my bag that contains my files and cloths I know what I will do when I reach Lagos I will fleet my bag andy self and make sure I my file spend the whole day in the sun before I pack it in because I can't imagine seeing bedbug in my house.

they have sucked my blood dry. these things are just too many u see 2 at least in 5 minutes . I can't just try to eat or drink in the room . very disgusting . I have killed almost 1 thousand in since I lodged here.

poverty no gud o. how I wish any of GEJ or PMB pikin is here with me to spend a night with me here
na u dae 4**k up since u dn notice d bed bugs carry uqself enta market go buy insecticide lyk DD FORCE make u mix am wif small kerosine spray 4 ur room durin dae tym i promise u by 9te u go ft slip wel try am 4 2 daez n dem go turn history
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Revolva(m): 5:54am On Sep 12, 2016
What. The heck. Hahhah I. No. Fit laff imagine 2k room and you expect luxury

Oga. Beware. Bedbugs are stubborn and. Evil. Am sure. Many. Will follow you. To lagos and overtake. Your home soon hahaha that's a gift from benin city

Well you never tell us story of how you bang an olosho there cos almost all gals for benin na ashewo o if not this your business trip is not fufilling
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 12, 2016
shinarambo1:
oga..check your bags, books, clothing and every other items you have on you. There is a good possibility those hitch-hikers (bed bugs) have tagged along with you. You do not want to take those things with you to your house in Lagos. cheesy

Exactly my thought. I can't in the life of me risk bed bug infestation for N2k. Aside that, I can't stand a filthy environment.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by KillerBeauty(f): 6:32am On Sep 12, 2016
There is nothing worst than staying in a terrible hotel.
I remember staying in one hotel in Ikeja Lagos that was cockroach infested, no windows in the room the whole place was stuffy. My experience there was terrible

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 12, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Whats with Nigerians and bad hygiene? Always filthy, filthy, filthy.

haha.... Filth is everywhere..filth just get levels. Funny enough, the 2nd place i saw a bed bug in my life was on a train in Canada.
It was crawling on the black winter coat of a guy sat opposite me.

KillerBeauty:
There is nothing worst than staying in a terrible hotel.
I remember staying in one hotel in Ikeja Lagos that was cockroach infested, no windows in the room the whole place was stuffy. My experience there was terrible

Roaches and bugs. The two insects i hate most in this world. eeeew. I would rather sleep in a mosquito infested room than those former two.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by smart024(m): 6:36am On Sep 12, 2016
Hmm...

I was once stuck under such a situation in Surulere, Lagos state, Calabar, Cross River state and yet again in Oji, Enugu state.

What I did on both occassions was to pay for a room for 7days straight, stayed back and monitored the cleaning of the room myself and then went and bought a new bedspread, insecticide, canfor for the toilet and an air freshener...

Note that before you leave your room on everyday, strongly instruct whoever is going to clean your room to pls leave your items intact as you kept them...

Na one of my boss way be professional in staying at cheap hotels for official functions give me this expo o...
In his case, he permanently have these BASIC things in his car...

SAVE YOURSELF FROM THE SITUATION FIRST AND THANK ME LATER...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / Ethiopia Just Entered 2013 While The Rest Of The World Is In 2020 - HistoryVille

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.