Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) (70681 Views)

₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / Private Jet Looking Like A Hotel That Costs N27 Million From Lagos To Abuja / Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by point5: 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ok na

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by StephenJoseph(m): 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
@ OP, I feel your pain and am not comfortable seeing someone going through such pain. If you had said you wanted help on free accommodation, I wouldn't mind helping you because I base in Benin. You go enjoy your stay. I go on gen, fan go dey blow you and you go thank me later before leaving to Lagos. I stay in self contain, its tiles and PVC. Good and sweet accommodation

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Ranchhoddas: 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
fados4sure:

hehehe don't get it twisted. He was trying to conserve money otherwise, he could have as well go to Protea hotel in Central Road where a room is #120k per night
120K? Are you related to Minister Lie?

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by tico1212(m): 9:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
Na wa o, you pay for 2k hotel u dey expect better life
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by wree91: 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
Go buy ota pia pia or sniper and fumigated the room
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:
The following morning I pack my bag and I say goodbye to them. when I reach office I called a colleague and ask him if I can get a cheap hotel of not more than 2k around, the only one he could point at is the same hotel. I leta come out for him that I spent my night there and I narrated my experience to his , he was just laughing and tell.me.its normal because I looked for cheap thing I have to pay the price as well, that even the top managers that have been visiting are lodging in that same hotel. meanwhile my hotel allowance is 4k per night and those ogas is 6k if those big bosses with big cars are spending days in the stinky place to save 4k daily why won't I do the same to save 2k ?

Fellow Nairalanders I have been here for 2 weeks now o. I have changed my room 4 times but still the same experience but me don't sleep on the bed again o .I sleep on the chair and carry my leg on top table lol

...I'm doing this to save 2k ni o. May God help Nigeria o Hardship is a bad experience o.
Don't worry... I'm going to guess the name. Feedwell hotel

7 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Humulity: 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
Eh bro, why not buy baygon, spray the room thoroughly around 7pm go for a drink and walk come back by 10pm and enjoy a bedbug free night
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by abiolert(m): 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
wen u mention Akpakpava in Benin I already knew the hotel in Question. cheap hotels and low standard. but what you don't know is that, with your 3k you would have been able to secure for yourself a one room accommodation in the city instead of wasting your cash without comfort in That stupid hotel in Benin.
I wish I was in Benin now would have invited you to my house. pls any nairalander in Benin should show some love to your fellow brother pls.

5 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Young03(m): 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:

Economy recession has change a lot of rich and average people to poor people.

I was not the type that look for cheap things but the situation of things in the country turns me to another person because I have a lot of bills to pay and ego( money) no enter as it used to enter before.

Month ago I created a thread that I needed a cheap hotel where I can lodge in Benin that was after I have spent like 5days in one of the expensive hotels around Dawson and I was very broke so I needed a hotel that will less than 2k because I still have like 3 more weeks to finish my assignment in Benin .

On that day many Samaritans on Nairaland suggested some cheaper hotel for me and I eventually picked the one that is close to my place of assignment around Akpakpava, when I got to the hotel (name withheld ) I knew I won't enjoy my stay but never expect what am experiencing though. The attendant showed me some rooms for #1500 even dog can not survive if he sleep there talk less of human such person will just suffocate, the smell of sperm and cums plus bedbugs blood are stinky than that of abattior .

lol I was the person that gave u directions yo the hotel,..u should av known its mainly used as a guest house

sorry for that bro
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
ismokeweed:
Don't worry... I'm going to guess the name. Feedwell hotel
I can't say u r wrong bro.

5 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Humulity:
Eh bro, why not buy baygon, spray the room thoroughly around 7pm go for a drink and walk come back by 10pm and enjoy a bedbug free night

check the pix of the bed..u will see baygon on top . baygon cannot work there .

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Pennywise(m): 9:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
fados4sure:

hehehe don't get it twisted. He was trying to conserve money otherwise, he could have as well go to Protea hotel in Central Road where a room is #120k per night
A bit of exaggeration here. Benin Protea starts from around 40k.

Op, who do u work for? It sounds like a well structured business but a budget of 4k per day is rather mean. Are u expected to feed from that too?

You can go through this being a man but what if it's a lady? Do they get the same allowance too?

Is it possible u chose this hotel over others because it guarranttes u a ready supply of ashi? Honestly. Bc it seems quite bad.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by lastpage: 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:

thanks bro.. I never sleep since yesternight but u know the funniest?

I'm still praying for the assignment to continue in fact I can spend 6 months like this.... lol. what I need now is to go and look for Hausa mat cos I still need to rest.

cata has been worrying me since last 2 weeks now because I m denying myself of sleep

Issokay o!

if only you know the cost of that your blood those vermins are sucking ..... or the future risk to your health in terms of transferring disease to your system, from all those HIV, drug users that come to do "short-time" in that room, you will pray for this your ORDEAL to end as soon as possible.

Anyway, wetin concern me sef, no be you get your blood? undecided undecided grin grin

No be only catarrh you get...... you go soon get *****

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by GoodSide: 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
the new one .does it have ac,i mean no history of bed bugs.neat bedspread.cool bar all for the price of 2k[code][/code]
moscobabs:

the old or the new hotel?

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
royallord1:

guy is it central hotel u are talking about... cos dey fit the discription
Not sure central hotel is this bad. That feedwell is near where I work. Only entered the bar but nna.. Odikwa rugged. Some kind old mamas just gallant there. One asked me "Fine boy, make we fvck". She should be like 42 years. I started stammering and my d1ck was then like biro cover. I de smoke igbo no mean say I de craze.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
120K? Are you related to Minister Lie?

Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja is #517,000. Orienta Hotel Lagos is #462,000 & Intercontinental Hotel Lagos is #372,000 per night. Okay?

8 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Etinosajay(m): 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
ichommy:

120k grin

It's not 120k, but it's expensive.

There are Lagos standard hotels in Benin for good money per night.

You think say Benin na bush?

The op complaining says he's from lagos abi ? What sort of hotel room will he get for 2k per night?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Compliant(m): 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Your story wan blow my intestines with laughter. Truly they say, cheap things usually turn out expensive.
To stay in a fairly decent hotel, 10k or higher is the mark.
Anything lower, it's you bedbugs, cockroaches, mosquitoes and rats...........
Now you are sleeping on the chair, while that lovely looking bed is craving your attention................

Uniben lodge single room is not up to that and very clean, always light , ac working, fan working , clean environment , good food , security, TV with paid subscription. I stay there a lot whenever I have business in benin

7 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
Young03:

lol I was the person that gave u directions yo the hotel,..u should av known its mainly used as a guest house

sorry for that bro

its true u were the one but it wasn't your fault bro I put myself into that predicament but its gud to have such experience at least once in lifetime

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by pheyikemi: 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:

I was not the type that look for cheap things but the situation of things in the country turns me to another person because I have a lot of bills to pay and ego( money) no enter as it used to enter before.

Month ago I created a thread that I needed a cheap hotel where I can lodge in Benin that was after I have spent like 5days in one of the expensive hotels around Dawson and I was very broke so I needed a hotel that will less than 2k because I still have like 3 more weeks to finish my assignment in Benin .

On that day many Samaritans on Nairaland suggested some cheaper hotel for me and I eventually picked the one that is close to my place of assignment around Akpakpava, when I got to the hotel (name withheld ) I knew I won't enjoy my stay but never expect what am experiencing though. The attendant showed me some rooms for #1500 even dog can not survive if he sleep there talk less of human such person will just suffocate, the smell of sperm and cums plus bedbugs blood are stinky than that of abattior .
Sorry bro, why not get a good insecticide and spray the room you booked before going to work, mayhaps by the time you get back some of those things would've died
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Officialkenshin(m): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:

thanks bro.. I never sleep since yesternight but u know the funniest?

I'm still praying for the assignment to continue in fact I can spend 6 months like this.... lol. what I need now is to go and look for Hausa mat cos I still need to rest.

cata has been worrying me since last 2 weeks now because I m denying myself of sleep

Here in warri. there is a standard hotel of 2500 lodge a night and it's standard with Air con and 14 inch plasma TV.

That's where I take my girl to after clubbing.

Very comfortable.

2500#.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Ranchhoddas: 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
fados4sure:

Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja is #517,000. Orienta Hotel Lagos is #462,000 & Intercontinental Hotel Lagos is #372,000 per night. Okay?
Abeg na wetin dey inside the room?

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
Young03:

sorry for that bro
Haba Bros... That place no be am na. Chalets de iyaro wen good. Even for owina street off sakponba, there's a guesthouse there. 4k with ac. Any hotel that has 1500 room in a location as viable as akpakpava is a death trap

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Worksunlimited: 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:

I know bro, I just discovered 5 mins ago that bedbugs have lot houses under that table now. and that's where I put my bag that contains my files and cloths I know what I will do when I reach Lagos I will fleet my bag andy self and make sure I my file spend the whole day in the sun before I pack it in because I can't imagine seeing bedbug in my house.

they have sucked my blood dry. these things are just too many u see 2 at least in 5 minutes . I can't just try to eat or drink in the room . very disgusting . I have killed almost 1 thousand in since I lodged here.

poverty no gud o. how I wish any of GEJ or PMB pikin is here with me to spend a night with me here

All u need to do is buy one carton of sniper and as many rolls of tissue paper as u can... Then unleash it strategically on a sprinkle on sight basis.. Use the tissue on the stubborn wans that refuse to die..

Would advise u to start the process early in the morning so u could finish the process on tym..

When u are done, aerate the room for the next couple of hours.. Afterwhich i assure u, u would sleep beautifully on your mattress..
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moneyspeaking: 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
moscobabs:

,,,tior .
u Bleep up. enter street. make friends with a nice girl, she ll take u home. u ll live with her till ur assignment is over. thats d way. i live here. drop ur no, i fit check on u. if i get time. are u into RF?
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
lastpage:

Issokay o!

if only you know the cost of that your blood those vermins are sucking ..... or the future risk to your health in terms of transferring disease to your system, from all those HIV, drug users that come to do "short-time" in that room, you will pray for this your ORDEAL to end as soon as possible.

Anyway, wetin concern me sef, no be you get your blood? undecided undecided grin grin

No be only catarrh you get...... you go soon get *****

Lastpage!
bro check my update on page 1 thank u
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Young03(m): 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
ismokeweed:

Haba Bros... That place no be am na. Chalets de iyaro wen good. Even for owina street off sakponba, there's a guesthouse there. 4k with ac. Any hotel that has 1500 room in a location as viable as akpakpava is a death trap

sorry bros it wat he asked for, he said he was stranded at d museum n needed a cheap hotel to pass d night...I know the hotel he z talking about

close to total

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pennywise:

A bit of exaggeration here. Benin Protea starts from around 40k.

Op, who do u work for? It sounds like a well structured business but a budget of 4k per day is rather mean. Are u expected to feed from that too?

You can go through this being a man but what if it's a lady? Do they get the same allowance too?

Is it possible u chose this hotel over others because it guarranttes u a ready supply of ashi? Honestly. Bc it seems quite bad.
It's even 35k per night now in d lowest room. When i went there last year, it was 50k why presidential room was 120k up ward
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by lastpage: 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
Humulity:

Those fake Baygon wey dem dey sell for Naija nowadays no fit do anything for these Bedbugs

Infact, back then when Baygon was Baygon and Raid was raid, these bedbugs have proved to be the scourge of Undergraduate students.
They are more suicidal than Boko Haram
More stubborn than the most senseless Avenger.
They bite you and begin look at you with one type of askance look like President Buhari shocked shocked
They dont just suck your blood and leave, they inflict very heavy pain and make the place swollen and when you ask them: Maka-why now?
They just scamper into the nearest crevice and give you that stewpid, GEJ's "America will know" look. angry angry

The only solution to get rid of them is to set the whole place on fire!
***I did not say you should burn down the whole Hotel o, just your room only please ***...... and god bless you as you do so
. grin grin

Lastpage!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Lexusgs430: 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
Compliant:

Uniben lodge single room is not up to that and very clean, always light , ac working, fan working , clean environment , good food , security, TV with paid subscription. I stay there a lot whenever I have business in benin

Make I quick quick for enjoy this Uniben lodge. Take away dey?
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 10:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
GoodSide:
the new one .does it have ac,i mean no history of bed bugs.neat bedspread.cool bar all for the price of 2k[code][/code]
Comet hotel is at iyaro beside iyaro mosque opposite the traffic light

is a. complete hotel with all facilities

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kunle Adeyanju Arrives Africa With Bike (Photo) / Coldest States In Nigeria / Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.