Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason (18176 Views)

Woman Who Pushed Husband Out Of A High-rise Apartment Hangs Herself / My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis / Unnecessary Extended Family Interference In Property After Demise Of Their Son, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by Dejiih001(m): 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
In view of the present economic situation around the world and Nigeria in particular , adequate cautions must be taking by us all.

Be prepared to let go of some things and spend only when absolutely necessary. If you have saved money, try not to touch it quickly.

Avoid capital projects until you are certain of replenishing your bank accounts.

Avoid social travels that bring no added income.
If attending a burial, wedding, naming ceremony, marriage anniversary will eat into your savings, avoid them. You would be called names, accept the name calling but understand that these same people will call you worse names if you have to borrow from them to feed your family.

Reduce your responsibilities. Your first duty is to your family. If you don't provide for them, others will rarely do so.

Talk to your friends who are working not to bother asking you for favours.

Avoid those who ask you in advance what you are going to get for them on their birthdays or Valentine day. They tell you things are hard but refuse to agree that things are hard for you too.

Cut your pants according to your cloth. If you think that staying in Lekki will take more than half of your savings, move to Otta.

The downfall of a man is not the end of his life. Help your friends to start cutting costs by cutting costs yourself. Don't spend thousands to celebrate your birthday because you will be putting pressure on them to celebrate theirs.

If they call and ask how your birthday is going to be, tell them "Ground no level". Tell them you hope things will improve next year.

Do not be pushed into unnecessary spending for any reason.

Even if you have the money to spend, spend on things that can uplift your life and the life of others.

People have spent millions on their wedding, only to live unhappily thereafter.

People have spent millions on their birthdays, only to be forgotten a few month after.

Most importantly understand that happiness does not come from vanity.

There are hundreds of people out there that ready to rip you off even those you might not imagine.

180 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by Laitesmart(m): 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2016
Thanks bro!!! Super points!!! Even Olosho. And sidechics no sell for this recession period again!!!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by theodavid: 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
Thanks.
Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by Dejiih001(m): 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
theodavid:
Thanks.
Welcome
Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by herzern(m): 10:12am On Sep 09, 2016
My Only Unnecessary Spending....

*Data Subscription......

How I wish FG can provide a Nation-wide WiFi for everyone......

2k every month no be small money oooh........

Dstv sev don dey leave....Local Station/Antenna ti take over...... grin

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by myners007: 10:13am On Sep 09, 2016
Op your write up is a bit of crap and it shows that you are lack of economic ideas. You are advising a country experiencing recession to reduce spending which will in turn slower the economy growth rate.I think you are one of these APC stewards or disciples who are blinded because of their loyalty to the Fulani Ruler who lacks the capacity to run a large economy in the 21st century.The current problem bedeviling this nation is that too much money is been withheld by few Nigerians who are scared of spending it in a draconian and dictatorship regime that does not give room for people to create wealth freely.It is only when when this govt decide to change its lopsided approach to tackling corruption before things can improve for the betterment of Nigerians otherwise we have to wait for another 3 years when a more capable leader will emerge.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by babyfaceafrica: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2016
Story....unnecessary spending just start sef.....clubbing things
Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by 5starmilitant: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2016
Op you're advising people to spend wisely, but you just wasted your data. cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by 5starmilitant: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2016
All thanks to buhari and apc for fulfilling their cmpaign promises.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by Emeka71(m): 10:15am On Sep 09, 2016
This is not the period when people spend just to show-off.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by power900: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2016
no they can all go to shoprite and buy the new iPhone 7s plus too......

them no dey tell blind man say e dey rain na

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by ShitHead(m): 10:15am On Sep 09, 2016
c
Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by emeijeh(m): 10:15am On Sep 09, 2016
#this change beginswithyourspendings

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by Mariojane(f): 10:15am On Sep 09, 2016
oh kay
Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 09, 2016
A wise person should have been abiding to this rule before the recession.

12 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by izzou(m): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2016
angry

Cut your pants according to your cloth. If you think that staying in Lekki will take more than half of your savings, move to Otta.

So you want to bring me down Baa?

angry angry angry
Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by opalu: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2016
LINDA IKEJI'S WARDROBE VS DORA'S AWARDS

36 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by oluwashedy: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2016
Thank God my girlfriend don go... If not na buy me this, buy me that like say I be ATM

8 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by Lukmann1: 10:18am On Sep 09, 2016
Come from you? we Nigerians is economics and we would surely found our way out on these mess that our president is brought on us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 09, 2016
grin

22 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by Mikehell(m): 10:18am On Sep 09, 2016
When some don include iphone 7 on their wish list of next month and no matter the recession,my yoruba famz will always get money for aso ebi, funeral party etc.. grin grin grin.... I pray dey learn from dis write up

6 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by holluwai(m): 10:19am On Sep 09, 2016
Makes a lot of sense.
Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by anonimi: 10:19am On Sep 09, 2016
Laitesmart:
Thanks bro!!! Super points!!! Even Olosho. And sidechics no sell for this recession period again!!!

I thought they have reduced their price per visit ni? grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3753229_saibaba_jpeg0989645d8a0fe821579c5abc258db923

6 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by aninexzy(m): 10:19am On Sep 09, 2016
Its ok
Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by 5starmilitant: 10:19am On Sep 09, 2016
E go better make soldier slap person than to loss one thousand naira now o.

14 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by italianjob(m): 10:21am On Sep 09, 2016
eya,naija Na wa.
Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by anonimi: 10:22am On Sep 09, 2016
5starmilitant:
E go better make soldier slap person than to loss one thousand naira now o.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4215047_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

Forget that one jawe.
The same Dangote who was given millions of $$$$$$$$$ at SUBSIDISED official rate

maupe:
During Currency Squeeze, Dangote Got $100million From CBN

Source: http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL4N19E3JX?feedType=RSS&feedName=nigeriaNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FAfricaNigeriaNews+%28News+%2F+Africa+%2F+Nigeria+News%29&&rpc=401

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2811193_119545964279545473921276597224668809228680n_jpegc457fb8b3ff7f2155aae3516e2429b0c

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by jashar(f): 10:23am On Sep 09, 2016
God dey oooo...
Re: Do Not Be Pushed Into Unnecessary Spending For Any Reason by CosmicWealth: 10:23am On Sep 09, 2016
No be everybody recession affect naw, some people are actually making more money during recession than ever before.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Welcomes Set Of Triplets After 19 Years Of Childlessness. Photos / How Important Is A Son In Igbo Tribe / Can This Generator Pump Water from a borehole Or Power My Medium Size Freezer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.