Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

A NEW LIFE:THE JOURNEY BEGINS - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A NEW LIFE:THE JOURNEY BEGINS (793 Views)

Spicing Up Your Sex Life, The Do's And Don'ts - Meme Collection / “I Don’t Want An Ugly Man I Can’t Kiss”; Lady Begins Search For Husband. Photos / Sure Way To Make Your Sex Life The Bomb (2) (3) (4)

A NEW LIFE:THE JOURNEY BEGINS by everton4life(m): 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
CHAPTER 1
"Well,this is it.i am finally here.hello,outside world and goodbye,youth service;you wont be missed" Kevin sighed as he leaned on the balcony watching the evening activities taking place below.
Kevin Demetris had recently moved into the two-bedroom flat with his cousin,Richard Demetris after serving his country at osun state.Born an only child to a comfortable living and live-by-the-law parents, Joseph and Sharon Demetris(the former,being a camerounian citizen),kevin lost his parents to a car-crash at the age of 9.The incident traumatized the poor lad greatly and he was taken in by his uncle,Morris and his wife,Layla to live with them and their son,Richard who was Kevin's age-mate.the two didn't get along and had the usual brotherly quarrels and arguements until their secondary school years where they were forced to team up and take down a bully,Adeola"The Great White Shark" Ampitan.one of the infamous incidents led to the bully visiting a hospital for two weeks and the suspension of the two boys which their guardian didn't find funny.
but the incident brought the two boys together and they learnt how to stick together.
Few years later,they were both admitted to the university of lagos to study mass communication which both excelled greatly.unlike his cousin who was a talkative and a trouble-maker,Kevin was more of a laid-back,quiet,shy and gentle soul.that is not to say he wasn't prone to sarcasm or violent outburst when provoked.
"yo,KEV!!!!!!!" kevin had to cover his ears as he was rudely brought out of his thoughts by none other but his rowdy cousin.he sighed.trust richard to ruin his meditations.sometimes,he wondered if richard did it just to intentionally irritate him.
"hey,a**head,dont shout like an slowpoke!! this place is not very big,you know" he retorted
"quit being a wuss,bro.ive got good news.but first,we need to get some grub.come downstairs with me.our usual spot"richard commented with a wide grin and left before kevin could say a word
"yeah"kevin sighed again"this is going to be a long day"
***updates coming soon****

please pardon me,romancelanders.i am using this to practice as i am planning on writing books and uploading them to amazon.encouragements and criticsm are welcome
Re: A NEW LIFE:THE JOURNEY BEGINS by everton4life(m): 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
Chapter 2
"so what is the news? "Kevin said as he took a bite from his noodles and stared at his cousin
They had proceeded to the restaurant opposite their apartment. The restaurant was moderate and served all varieties of food. Both foreign and traditional.
"remember that job I applied for at Carl care limited? "richard said, while sipping from a bottle of soda
"yes"
"I got it."Richard said smugly
"for real? "Kevin raised an eyebrow.
"yeah brother, have I ever lied to you?" Richard mused, trying to put up an innocent face, which of course, he knew was pointless
"yes, everyday" Kevin replied with a blank face.
"THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!!"
Kevin chuckled lightly which was quite rare for him"if that's true, then I'm happy for you, man"
"thanks, bro"
"you can finally be independent "
"yeah"
"make some bucks"
"yeah"
"and be useful for once"
"HEY!! "
"oh, lighten up,dude."Kevin snorted "at least, you won't be lazying around and burning down my data for the Wi-Fi, you think money falls from trees? I work and subscribe for the Wi-Fi to do my online business and you just appear from nowhere and waste data on silly animes and boring seasonal movies"
"are you kidding me? "Richard exclaimed in surprise "you think Vampire Diaries and fairy tail are boring"
"I don't think they are boring. "kevin said with a bored look"i KNOW they are boring.dont change the subject. my point is when you start work, we are gonna share expenses for the Wi-Fi. capische? "
"you've got to be freaking kidding me "Richard was stunned "Dude come on"
"no"
"please cut me some slack"
"no"
"Dam.n"Richard cursed, defeated. he was stubborn naturally but he knew that if there was a game of stubbornness, Kevin will beat him flawlessly."whatever floats your boat "
"good, so when are you starting?" kevin probed.
"next week. on monday"richard replied"i am supposed to..................... "he was cut short as his attention was stalled.
"supposed to what? "Kevin queried.
he got no answer
"Richard. hello? "Kevin snapped his fingers in front of his cousin's face. Richard had the look of a deer caught in the headlights as stared ahead of Kevin towards the entrance to the restaurant.
"Dude"Richard said still staring ahead"turn around"
Kevin did so and instantly, his breath was lost.Walking towards the counter was young lady of no less than 21 and no more than 23.she was a dark-skinned beauty. not too dark. the kind of Halle Berry, Kelly Rowland kind of complexion with a button nose and pink lips.she had hair that stopped at her neck and it was permed. she wore no makeup which fascinated him the more. Anyway, he thought, Its better that way. but what fascinated him more was her style of dressing. she wore a pink sweatshirt with a white scarf tied around the neck. accompanied with a baby Blue Jeans and white flat shoes. cute,he thought as he blushed a little.she had the look of someone confused and she pouted a bit which made her look more adorable. Kevin was a sucker for dark skinned babes though he restricted that info to himself. during his days at the university, he had crushes on few dark skinned females but he never made a move due to his shyness. not that he wasn't good looking. he stood at 6'2 with fair skin, dark curly hair and brown eyes (a look he inherited from his father.).he also had dimples when he smiled. facially,he and Richard were almost alike except he was taller and had facial hair. he watched as she ordered her food and went to sit in a secluded area and then he turned to Richard and they both shared a knowing look and thought.
"WOW" Richard whistled "that is one mamacita"
"hmm"Kevin hummed in agreement though he knew what was in Richard's mind. the boy was just a lady killer and he knew it. he had dated 5 girls and each relationship ended before it began but according to Richard, he was only having fun. Sometimes he wondered if they were even related.
"bro, ask her out"richard said causing Kevin to open his eyes wide like an owl.
"just like that? dude are you even for real? "he said"and besides that's your style, not mine"
"yeah"richard replied "but I feel u still need to up your game, brother. you are 21 now and still have the time to explore and develop your social skills. you turn to butter each time you speak to a girl since primary school and that hasn't changed. besides she seems more like your type than mine. you know..the simple lifestyle. And she looks just as shy as you"
"positive poles repel,bro"kevin retorted
"tell that to whoever cares"richard said as he relaxed in his seat.
kevin sighed and glanced at the lady once again. she was eating a burger in small bites and a plastic bottle of 7up was balanced at arms reach. you know, he thought, this might not be so bad.he stood up
Richard glanced at him"are you doing what I think you're doing? "
"yeah"Kevin replied as he began to walk towards the lady with Richard watching with anticipation.as he got nearer, his heart began to beat rapidly. You can do this, his mind kept chanting. Suddenly, she looked up from her food and their eyes met. He froze on the spot and started to sweat. plane crash,he thought. and then she did something that stunned him.
She smiled
Kevin almost fainted on the spot!!!! it wasn't just the smile that stunned him. it was............................... THE DIMPLES!!!
She had dimples just like him!!
Suddenly, in an act of fear/shyness,he turned and walked briskly towards Richard and then passed him to the exit with his cousin following with worry.
"Dude, what in the world was that? that was pathetic "Richard said as they were outside
"Cold feet? "kevin mumbled weakly.
"Let's go home jare "Richard snickered and walked away with Kevin following in tow. "By the way, you suck"
"whatever"Kevin muttered.
If he had glanced behind him while he ran from the restaurant, he would have seen the smile on the lady's face replaced by a sad look.

*more updates later *
hey, romance landers. I know the first chapter wasn't enough to gain some comments but I believe this is enough. please I dey kneel down dey beg una. U guys should comment so I will know if this story is okay or not. encouragements and criticism are welcomed
Re: A NEW LIFE:THE JOURNEY BEGINS by everton4life(m): 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
sad
Re: A NEW LIFE:THE JOURNEY BEGINS by everton4life(m): 11:21pm On Sep 09, 2016
Re: A NEW LIFE:THE JOURNEY BEGINS by everton4life(m): 11:02am On Sep 10, 2016
CHAPTER 3
"DUDE,WAKE UP!!!"Kevin was jolted wide awake by his usually annoying cousin who had entered his room uninvited.Richard was dressed in a sky blue long sleeve shirt with a black neck-tie.he wore dark suit trousers with dark polished shoes to match.Kevin glanced at the wall clock opposite his bed.it read 5:30 am.
"guy,behave yourself na"kevin snorted weakly with annoyance as he rolled about on his bed"see as you just spoil my dream.wetin dey worry you?"
"na you sabi"richard replied carelessly"any way,im off to work.ill be back by 5"
''and you couldnt find a better way to say it than barging into my room?''kevin mumbled
''oga,bone that thing.u dey sound like woman sef.na only woman go dey complain about privacy" richard chuckled
"ode" kevin growled
"thank you"richard said while bowing"anyway,have you seen my house key?"
"i dont know"
''you dont know or you dont care"
''pick one"
''screw you"richard said and left the room.
Kevin smirked.one of the things he enjoyed apart from his online business was getting under his cousin's skin.mostly he did it for fun and for revenge.but it didnt matter because at the end of the day,they were back to being buddies.richard also knew how to frustrate him sometimes.
i guess we complement each other,kevin mostly thought.richard with his sense of humor and recklessness provided a source of entertainment while kevin with his gentleness and serious nature served as a source of morality to richard.like the ying-yang symbol.
''guy,i dey go o"richard announced from the door-way''take care "
''alright"kevin replied giving him the peace sign.
''oh,and cook better food today o.no be all those burnt offering wey you dey call food"richard said with a laugh
"god go punish you there,ungrateful soul.get lost jare''kevin replied with mock annoyance.and soon,richard was off.
kevin glanced at the wall clock again. 6:15am. oh well,he thought,no point sleeping again.he stood up and stretched.he was dressed in a white T-shirt which hugged his muscles and black boxer shorts.he began his daily routine of 100 pushups.something he developed since his teenage years.the house was quiet.he smiled a little.that nuisance had finally left.he had the house to himself.
Since they had both finished serving,kevin had taking up freelancing as a career because the economy was so bad and jobs were scarce.richard however kept trying the job hunt to no avail and was greatly getting depressed and frustrated.kevin however encouraged him because he admired richard's determination.Kevin was able to excel in the freelancing market and with the money saved,was able to rent the two bed room apartment they were staying in.richard,not wanting to stay alone with his parents and house-help opted to move in with his cousin which kevin had no qualms about.richard however promised to reach his parents on phone everyday and visit them once in a while.
Kevin finished his exercise and headed straight to the bathroom to do the usual routine of brushing his teeth and taking a shower.he ate a light breakfast of bread and egg and went straight to the computer.he switched on the wi-fi and started browsing.so far nothing interesting was going on. facebook unknown friend requests which he rejected,boring g-mail inboxes which he deleted.he sighed in annoyance and opened his freelance account.
''WOW'' he exclaimed.a job was assigned to him which cost $90.he quickly checked the nationality of his client and saw that he was an american.
"phew"he sighed in relief."good thing he is not an indian'' kevin had terrible experiences with indian and pakistan clients.most of them were fraudulent and didnt pay for a job well done.some came up with useless excuses not to give him money.them no fit die well,he thought.
he was about to begin when suddenly a sharp knock came on his door.''who is dat one again,na"he thought with annoyance.he and richard rarely got visitors seeing as they just moved in a month ago.most of the visitors were neighbors who came for one silly reason or another.one even came to borrow his shoe .
He walked towards the door and open it.he stared in surprise.standing in front of his door was a petite fair skinned lady with a brazillian hairstyle.she wore a white tank top that revealed a lot of cleavage.na wa o,he thought.she wore dark shorts and her nails were painted green.
''i am looking for richard''she said bluntly.what!! no greeting? kevin thought.who did she think she was.he got a bit indignant inside though he did well to hide it
''he went to work''kevin said''and you are?"
''elizabeth''she said haughtily"but you can call me liz''
ill do that when i give a hoot.kevin thought inwardly.he spoke''alright.ill tell him you came around''.
she still stood there
''can i help you?"kevin asked.he was beginning to get angry"i am kind of busy now.do you want to leave a message?''
"are you related to him?''she asked staring at him eye to eye.
''yes,i am his cousin''he said"any problem''
''then i can come in and wait for him'' she said .
IS THIS BITCH CRAZY?!!! angrykevin thought.which kind of evil spirit sent this one again."ermm sorry,but he wouldt be back till 5,you can check back at that time''
''No,its fine.i can wait'' she insisted
''i will soon be going out when i am through''he lied.abeg its too early for this kind of temptation,he thought.
''alright,tell him i came around''and with that, she turned and walked away,swaying her hips seductively as she walked.kevin hissed and closed the door.richard is in for some investigation today,he thought.

***updates coming shortly***
sad make una comment abeg na.i just dey see views and no comment yet.i am already feeling discouraged cry
Re: A NEW LIFE:THE JOURNEY BEGINS by everton4life(m): 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
Re: A NEW LIFE:THE JOURNEY BEGINS by everton4life(m): 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
una wey dey read and pass, well done o
Re: A NEW LIFE:THE JOURNEY BEGINS by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 15, 2017
Oga everton,i yaf land o,no even tink of abadonin dis tori o,com n kwantinu,n i'l call my ppl...

.... / Sex Tape Between Tyga & Kylie Reportedly Leaked / How To Make Any Girl Easily Fall For You

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67