Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. (4985 Views)

What Will Happen If An Atheist Is The President Of Nigeria? / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by hahn(m): 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

You are right. This used to be a land that burnt people like me at the stake for blasphemy,but now it's changed. I keep seeing old churches turning into gyms and restaurants.

95% of the whites here don't go to church,only Nigerians and a few blacks do. 90% of young people between the age of 12 to 21 are not religious at all(including the ones from muslim homes. The religious ones are Africans. None of my friends are religious. I only discuss religion on nairaland,my beloved thread smiley

Yeah. It is not like that here o.

If you do not attend church or mosque, you are officially weird.

EVERYONE goes to church. EVERYONE believe that there are witches. EVERYONE believes in supernatural crap.

People still kill kids for allegedly being witches or wizards. I saw one documentary where the parents of the little boy drove a nail through his head in a bid to exorcise him.

Shit is real here fam sad
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
KingAdegoke:
I still maintain my stance. though not religious but I cant admit we came by chance. doesn't make sense. the problem with you atheists is not God(whatever that is) but religious description of God. that's why when you want to ridicule God you use references from Bible or Quran. because that's what you think God is. how come you don't talk of Vishnu, obatanla, amadhioha, etc. often? you only talk of Yahweh and Allah because they are the widely accepted definitions of God coupled with the fact that both adherence have been nuisance to the environment past and present.

have you tried searching for God outside religion? the one called Johnson write much English and probably thinks he is very wise and correct because of numerous likes he gets. I laugh hard everytime I see his posts.

I am searching for God outside religion and it's making sense to me. the best I can give myself now is "I don't know" because to say your are sure there's no God because no proof of him/it is laughable.

no man on earth is wiser than all. people have come, even great philosophers have come and gone most didn't say for sure no God but almost all were displeased with religion.

The first people to use the term "god" were the Egyptians and it was a reference to the Sun. Aten,the Sun God,the light of the world. And you wonder why this god is worshiped on a Sunday?
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2016
hahn:

Yeah. It is not like that here o.

If you do not attend church or mosque, you are officially weird.

EVERYONE goes to church. EVERYONE believe that there are witches. EVERYONE believes in supernatural crap.

People still kill kids for allegedly being witches or wizards. I saw one documentary where the parents of the little boy drove a nail through his head in a bid to exorcise him.

Shit is real here fam sad

I became a strong anti-christian by reading the Bible.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by hahn(m): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

Many theists do not read the bible. Most verses they quote are memory verses from church service. Most do not read the bible till they get to church on Sunday and dump it somewhere till the next week.

The ones that do only read verses that give them comfort.

If you read the bible from beginning to end and with your own brain, the bullshit won't be hard to spot asap
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
hahn:

Many theists do not read the bible. Most verses they quote are memory verses from church service. Most do not read the bible till they get to church on Sunday and dump it somewhere till the next week.

The ones that do only read verses that give them comfort.

If you read the bible from beginning to end and with your own brain, the bullshit won't be hard to spot asap

Imagine this passage of the Bible

Deuteronomy 22:23

23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her

24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

The first people to use the term "god" were the Egyptians and it was a reference to the Sun. Aten,the Sun God,the light of the world. And you wonder why this god is worshiped on a Sunday?
religion. you are still talking about religion.

true. God, Allah Vishnu, eledumare, amadioha, etc are all just terms, you know better na.

but aside religion, do you believe all living organisms popped out by chance? asin molecules grew up to form the complexity of living organisms giving life out of no life?

you and I know great philosophers mostly never disputed God but religious definition of God so please.

OH and for Darwin's theory of evolution I watched the cartoon video and explanation on aljazeera sometime ago and I laughed. the guy is nut. asin energy exploding, universe expanding, contrasting bla bla bla. pls tell me you don't believe in that
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

obviously. so tell me. what made you anti-God?
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by honourhim: 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
OP

give your life to Vishnu today

he sent his only son Krishna to us

you can no longer claim ignorance because I've told you now

You are just showing your gross stupidity. Show him krishna book where what you said here is stated or carry your shame out of here.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by hahn(m): 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

Imagine this passage of the Bible

Deuteronomy 22:23

23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her

24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help

Nonsense from the bible angry
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by honourhim: 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
KingAdegoke:
religion. you are still talking about religion.

true. God, Allah Vishnu, eledumare, amadioha, etc are all just terms, you know better na.

but aside religion, do you believe all living organisms popped out by chance? asin molecules grew up to form the complexity of living organisms giving life out of no life?

you and I know great philosophers mostly never disputed God but religious definition of God so please.

OH and for Darwin's theory of evolution I watched the cartoon video and explanation on aljazeera sometime ago and I laughed. the guy is nut. asin energy exploding, universe expanding, contrasting bla bla bla. pls tell me you don't believe in that

Eledumare is a Yoruba version of Energy. The force that cannot be created nor destroyed but changes form from one form to another. I found a video of it on YouTube years ago when I was learning Yoruba version of creation.

God is a misused word. According to Egyptian Al-Kermit(Alchemy) God is everything in creation. Everything has God in it. But when you go further it states that the human is God incarnated to this plane of existence as human beings and animals. This is where the phrase" God became human" came from. And the humans have forgotten their essence after a period of time. Therefore their level of Consciousness has been reduced to what we have today.

Nothing pooped out by chance really. We are experiences the world the way it is today due to thoughts. Mind leads to Matter. The higher the Vibration,the lesser the density. Meaning the more conscious we are the less limitations we will experience,the better world we will create.

How did life get on this planet? Everything is Thoughts,like a dream world,but we are now stuck in it. Like Alice in the Wonder Land we yearn to go back to what we used to be. We now live in a world govern by Space and Time and trust me some clever minds are beginning to figure out how to break away from the illusion. Einstein thinks Time can be eradicated if we traveled at the speed of light. I think he is right and that means we experience time because we shifting way below the required frequency.

Since we experience mater (physicality) Evolution is being used to describe the gradual process through which we(energy) evolve from one state or another,unless acted upon by other life forms who have managed to break/limit the barrier of Time. I think that was the case with the "Elohims"

Energy can be manipulated and we see that with cars,machines and space rockets. Even our own Human Energy is so unbalance in this reality,hence we have wars,poverty etc. The reason why we experience reincarnation due to the need to balance the Energy field. The so called Messiahs here to teach us meditation,channeling etc all for conservation of human Energy. I will stop here for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggzljtwkZ-U

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2016
KingAdegoke:
obviously. so tell me. what made you anti-God?

No,anti christian. Christianity is hidden Freemasonry.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

Eledumare is a Yoruba version of Energy. The force that cannot be created nor destroyed but changes form from one form to another. I found a video of it on YouTube years ago when I was learning Yoruba version of creation.

God is a misused word. According to Egyptian Al-Kermit(Alchemy) God is everything in creation. Everything has God in it. But when you go further it states that the human is God incarnated to this plane of existence as human beings and animals. This is where the phrase" God became human" came from. And the humans have forgotten their essence after a period of time. Therefore their level of Consciousness has been reduced to what we have today.

Nothing pooped out by chance really. We are experiences the world the way it is today due to thoughts. Mind leads to Matter. The higher the Vibration,the lesser the density. Meaning the more conscious we are the less limitations we will experience,the better world we will create.

How did life get on this planet? Everything is Thoughts,like a dream world,but we are now stuck in it. Like Alice in the Wonder Land we yearn to go back to what we used to be. We now live in a world govern by Space and Time and trust me some clever minds are beginning to figure out how to break away from the illusion. Einstein thinks Time can be eradicated if we traveled at the speed of light. I think he is right and that means we experience time because we shifting way below the required frequency.

Since we experience mater (physicality) Evolution is being used to describe the gradual process through which we(energy) evolve from one state or another,unless acted upon by other life forms who have managed to break/limit the barrier of Time. I think that was the case with the "Elohims"

Energy can be manipulated and we see that with cars,machines and space rockets. Even our own Human Energy is so unbalance in this reality,hence we have wars,poverty etc. The reason why we experience reincarnation due to the need to balance the Energy field. The so called Messiahs here to teach us meditation,channeling etc all for conservation of human Energy. I will stop here for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggzljtwkZ-U
we humans are psychos. lmao your claim of truth is so beautiful and unique so as the various religious claims. everything amuses me.

when you think you seen or heard it all some psycho pops out somewhere to give you another bastardy different explanation of who we are.

each ideology is held in the hearts as "the truth"

ifen are you really 100% sure this is the truth? the hidden truth that has hunted the minds of humans for thousands of years? this is it? no doubt?

if so you are just like every other religion. giving affirmative fairy tale of the greatest question of human history.

my brother happen to be a student of seminary and I engage him regularly when we meet. he says, for the fact that no one is ever sure of God or no God makes God a God(Almighty) though I don't take it too seriously but that makes sense.

no one can have monopoly of knowledge about our beginning. claims and myths have been branded fact from time immemorial and that's exactly what you are doing. hypocritical I must say.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

No,anti christian. Christianity is hidden Freemasonry.
Lolz. conspiracy theory. truth or lie am not saying but Comon you are smarter than that na. history is all about lies and until you can teleport back to past how can you say for sure? hypocritical again.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
KingAdegoke:
Lolz. conspiracy theory. truth or lie am not saying but Comon you are smarter than that na. history is all about lies and until you can teleport back to past how can you say for sure? hypocritical again.

Do you know what "Born again" means in Freemasonry?

We are not at that point yet where we can technically teleport, maybe in another 500 years if we haven't destroyed the planet.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
KingAdegoke:
we humans are psychos. lmao your claim of truth is so beautiful and unique so as the various religious claims. everything amuses me.

when you think you seen or heard it all some psycho pops out somewhere to give you another bastardy different explanation of who we are.

each ideology is held in the hearts as "the truth"

ifen are you really 100% sure this is the truth? the hidden truth that has hunted the minds of humans for thousands of years? this is it? no doubt?

if so you are just like every other religion. giving affirmative fairy tale of the greatest question of human history.

my brother happen to be a student of seminary and I engage him regularly when we meet. he says, for the fact that no one is ever sure of God or no God makes God a God(Almighty) though I don't take it too seriously but that makes sense.

no one can have monopoly of knowledge about our beginning. claims and myths have been branded fact from time immemorial and that's exactly what you are doing. hypocritical I must say.

I don't discuss god to be honest. It's hard to find anyone interested in it in my area except my father-in-law when I visit France. He is a Mason and doesn't mind discussing god and hidden knowledge. He think Christianity was designed to keep the knowledge of the universe in the hands of a few. Their knowledge is all from Egypt. Why do you think they took over the Library of Alexander?
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2016
ifenes:

I don't discuss god to be honest. It's hard to find anyone interested in it in my area except my father-in-law when I visit France. He is a Mason and doesn't mind discussing god and hidden knowledge. He think Christianity was designed to keep the knowledge of the universe in the hands of a few. Their knowledge is all from Egypt. Why do you think they took over the Library of Alexander?

I mentioned to my brother that the Vatican must have a library secret or not about stuffs about the universe and he says yes, that even bishops don't have access to such library. maybe only the Pope.

probably hidden knowledge could be stored there. who knows? no one. since the general public don't know it's better not to condemn or say who's right or wrong.

for example, my brother says from the church's point of view, the creation story of the Bible is a myth. many stories in the Bible are myths which can not be verified of its true or false, but I see atheist and thrust argue Genesis and I laugh alot.

it's much more fun being on the middle of God or no God while watching people argue till thy kingdom come.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by ifenes(m): 10:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
KingAdegoke:
I mentioned to my brother that the Vatican must have a library secret or not about stuffs about the universe and he says yes, that even bishops don't have access to such library. maybe only the Pope.

probably hidden knowledge could be stored there. who knows? no one. since the general public don't know it's better not to condemn or say who's right or wrong.

for example, my brother says from the church's point of view, the creation story of the Bible is a myth. many stories in the Bible are myths which can not be verified of its true or false, but I see atheist and thrust argue Genesis and I laugh alot.

it's much more fun being on the middle of God or no God while watching people argue till thy kingdom come.

Genesis is not what it is. Most arguments of Atheist and Christians about the Garden of Eden is exactly what the Masons want. The Serpent is a symbol of knowledge and the Woman accepting the Serpent is also a symbol of women possessing hidden knowledge.Throughout the Bible women were severely degraded and cursed,why? Because they are more in-tuned with the universe than men. "Suffer the witch not to live". Their punishment for getting knowledge was to be degraded by the men who wrote the Bible.The pharaohs of Egypt had snake symbols on their fore-heads which also signified knowledge. Mythology can posses different stories.

I could combine the stories of Gandhi,Martin Luther King and Mandela into one person and create a perfect hero like Jesus. Horus and Jesus sharing the same story.
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by EyeHateGod: 11:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
hahn:

You too dey vex undecided
The thing done taya me i no no where them day get that idea from
Re: Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. by hahn(m): 6:30am On Sep 11, 2016
EyeHateGod:

The thing done taya me i no no where them day get that idea from

From assumptions na.

People who have never fully read their own bible? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Adam And Eve Exist? / Will Muslims Go To Heaven? / Robert Powel,i Am Not Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.