Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. (4529 Views)

What Gospel Songs Makes You Cry? / Religious People Are Stoopid? / Do You Realise That We Don't Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by dgreatrock(m): 11:37am On Oct 12, 2009
Repent from what? Abuzola is their master, he sets the standard. From what I can tell banom is just having fun ridiculing certain types. I've had more interesting and enlightening discussions with atheists on this forum than I've had with so called christians. No, I don't want them to repent away from making intelligent conversation.

You only confirmed what they have been saying you were - A Pastor of non-christian religion

(HISSES and moves to the next thread)
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by PastorAIO: 11:52am On Oct 12, 2009
dgreatrock:

You only confirmed what they have been saying you were - A Pastor of non-christian religion

(HISSES and moves to the next thread)

Ta ta
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Abuzola(m): 11:57am On Oct 12, 2009
Lol, pastor of sewage
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Purist(m): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2009
@noetic15

Lol. . . I am not attempting to reconstruct DeepSight's intent and question to suit any preconceived notion, and I'm glad he's come out to explicate his stance on this issue.  I don't agree that he shifted the goalpost in the middle of the game, rather, it's you who didn't realise the correct positioning of the goalpost in the first place.  Anyways, I guess it's all settled now, and I hope you'll take some time off to reflect on your own comments so you'll realise that you've been so-so NOT objective at all.

On the issue of the rationality or otherwise of faith, I suggest we just drop that argument, as I see your ridiculous rejoinders as an attempt to initiate some circumlocutory debate, which I'm very much UNinterested in.

Regards.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by noetic15(m): 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2009
Purist:

@noetic15

Lol. . . I am not attempting to reconstruct DeepSight's intent and question to suit any preconceived notion, and I'm glad he's come out to explicate his stance on this issue.  I don't agree that he shifted the goalpost in the middle of the game, rather, it's you who didn't realise the correct positioning of the goalpost in the first place.  Anyways, I guess it's all settled now, and I hope you'll take some time off to reflect on your own comments so you'll realise that you've been so-so NOT objective at all.

On the issue of the rationality or otherwise of faith, I suggest we just drop that argument, as I see your ridiculous rejoinders as an attempt to initiate some circumlocutory debate, which I'm very much UNinterested in.

Regards.

u confirmed my fears about ur preconceived notions. next time u get into a debate with anyone, leave all ur dogmas behind and address the issues.
stop running from healthy debates.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Krayola(m): 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2009
Noetic15

If everyone that ever disagrees with you is always wrong, it means u are always right. You are infallible. You are God. shocked shocked

Can I get ur autograph? grin grin
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Purist(m): 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2009
@noetic15

noetic15:

u confirmed my fears about your preconceived notions. next time u get into a debate with anyone, leave all your dogmas behind and address the issues.
stop running from healthy debates.

Lol. . . I knew you'd say something. I've realised you always love to have the last say in every debate you engage in. I used to be like that. I should leave all my dogma? Do you even know what dogma means? Yes I admit I'm running, because I know the debate isn't going to be a healthy one. Anyways, have fun! smiley
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by banom(m): 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2009
dgreatrock:

@Banom

let me go look up your site jor!

Ok the great, the site address is www.naijahotsingles.com, i did a hard job there, the site has text chart and video chart where you can be seeing the person you are charting with, many people said that the site is far better than facebook, at last many people are now seeing that good thing is coming out of Nigeria.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Krayola(m): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2009
banom:

Ok the great, the site address is www.naijahotsingles.com, i did a hard job there, the site has text chart and video chart where you can be seeing the person you are charting with, many people said that the site is far better than facebook, at last many people are now seeing that good thing is coming out of Nigeria.

Washere!! I dey go wifey shoppin grin grin
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by dgreatrock(m): 10:37pm On Oct 12, 2009
@Banom,

i expected more from you!
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by dgreatrock(m): 10:46pm On Oct 12, 2009
No mind am jor!
He is confused!
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Abuzola(m): 11:34pm On Oct 12, 2009
'As for those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe torment in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers' Quran 3:56
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by dgreatrock(m): 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2009
Dont worry!
By the time you get to hell, you ll understand - then it ll be too late sad
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Abuzola(m): 12:57am On Oct 13, 2009
Hey

'As for those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe torment in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers' Quran 3:56

i pity u
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 13, 2009
@dgreatrock,dnt u know ure going to hellfire as a christian,for the fact that u now know the message in the Quran and u still a xtian
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by dgreatrock(m): 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2009
You believe in hell now shocked

At least i have a convert from Islam!
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 13, 2009
@ dgreatrock, so who is the ignorant convert now?
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by noetic15(m): 10:45am On Oct 14, 2009
Krayola:

Noetic15

If everyone that ever disagrees with you is always wrong, it means u are always right. You are infallible. You are God. shocked shocked

Can I get your autograph? grin grin

honestly, I am sorry if I come across as described above.
most of the opinions I express on this forum are products of personal but extensive reasoning/analyses. Many times I would expect superior arguments and not insults or attacks to disprove or counter my points. That explains why I hardly bulge to such statements.

I am not infallible and I am not God. . . .guess what. . . . . . many times I am also wrong, but it does not dispute the fact that I am sometimes right. cheesy

Purist:

@noetic15

Lol. . . I knew you'd say something. I've realised you always love to have the last say in every debate you engage in. I used to be like that. I should leave all my dogma? Do you even know what dogma means? Yes I admit I'm running, because I know the debate isn't going to be a healthy one. Anyways, have fun! smiley

far from it. . . I have actually abandoned many threads as soon as issues stopped being discussed. My only fear was u simply picked on me cos of my xtianity and not my views.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by DeepSight(m): 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2009
Purist - Don't worry, Noetic is doing a thorough analysis of the initial question the the thread titled "The Noetic Interview - Questions on Humanity and the Quality of Goodness."
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by mazaje(m): 12:44pm On Oct 15, 2009
noetic15:

Mazaje u are very wrong.

I have never defended or attempted to defend the perceived violence in the OT. All I ever did was to offer my opinion on the subject. how does that affect my objectivity.

why are xtians not practising this violent acts today? why are muslims the only one practising violence?

Pls stop lying for jesus. You have attempted to defend or rationalize so much of the violence in the OT. . .that is what you have been doing most of the time, you even go to extreme lengths and provided explanations that are not even written in the bible. Example, yahweh instructs his men to stone to death their disobeient children and your own out of the world explanation for it was to equate disobedience to parents with treason even though the bible says no such thing. You have said so many times that the god of the OT is not evil even when the OT god himself says that he is evil and agrees that he uses evil to acheive some of his goals something that you outrightly deny despite the fact that the bible says that the OT god did evil and apologised for the evil he did.

You accuse moslems of following an evil god that tells them to kill unbelievers but when we show you that your own god once commanded people to kill all the unbelievers they can lay their hand on, you bring up excuses like god has the right to kill unbelivers, if your god has the right to tell people to kill unbeliever in the past what makes allah not to have the right to tell his people not to kill unbelievers?
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by dgreatrock(m): 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2009
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by noetic15(m): 11:22pm On Oct 15, 2009
mazaje:

Pls stop lying for jesus. You have attempted to defend or rationalize so much of the violence in the OT. . .that is what you have been doing most of the time, you even go to extreme lengths and provided explanations that are not even written in the bible. Example, yahweh instructs his men to stone to death their disobeient children and your own out of the world explanation for it was to equate disobedience to parents with treason even though the bible says no such thing. You have said so many times that the god of the OT is not evil even when the OT god himself says that he is evil and agrees that he uses evil to acheive some of his goals something that you outrightly deny despite the fact that the bible says that the OT god did evil and apologised for the evil he did.

You accuse moslems of following an evil god that tells them to kill unbelievers but when we show you that your own god once commanded people to kill all the unbelievers they can lay their hand on, you bring up excuses like god has the right to kill unbelivers, if your god has the right to tell people to kill unbeliever in the past what makes allah not to have the right to tell his people not to kill unbelievers?

grin grin ur only problem is that u feel very hurt when u hear a divergent opinion or ur ignorance is exposed. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by mazaje(m): 12:05am On Oct 16, 2009
noetic15:

grin grin your only problem is that u feel very hurt when u hear a divergent opinion or your ignorance is exposed. shocked shocked shocked

I know that you constantly have to lie to yourself so that you can sleep at night. . . . .
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:03am On Nov 02, 2009
[size=13pt]The fact is that more people have been slaughtered in the name of religion than for any other single reason. That, that my friends, that is true perversion!. angry .and for those who believe in God, most of the big questions are not answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the religion doctrine, Churches, mosgue , temples . We are here to drink beer. . . . . cheesy. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.[/size]
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Abuzola(m): 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2009
Mazaje is another dummy, dancing with his taill declaring to be an animal (atheist)
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Horus(m): 2:26pm On Nov 03, 2009
Anyone still clinging on to the religious mental slavery ways will get their slave reward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

*~ Davidylan Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congrats!! / Babalawo / What Will You Sacrifice This Lenten Season?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.