Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. (4530 Views)

What Gospel Songs Makes You Cry? / Religious People Are Stoopid? / Do You Realise That We Don't Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by DeepSight(m): 4:21pm On Oct 09, 2009
Noetic100, can you genuinely claim to be objective?
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by noetic15(m): 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2009
Deep Sight:

Noetic100, can you genuinely claim to be objective?

of course . . , is there any reason to think contrary?
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2009
So you guys are finally tired of the back and forth arguments on the religion board? Lol. cheesy cheesy
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by DeepSight(m): 4:33pm On Oct 09, 2009
noetic15:

1. What will happen to Mahatma Ghandi

2. What will happen to the Dalai Lama

Note: Neither of them, outstanding in their moral rectitude, principled beliefs and dedication to peace believed(s) in Jesus. Tell me if you consider them headed for hell, on accoubt of - "I am the way, the truth and the life. . ."

Your answers should clarify whether you areobjective or not.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Tudor6(f): 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2009
Tonye-t:

NO!, you were aborted there because the moderator took you as matured whereas your posts tends childish, always aggressive, insultive, rude, arrogant, childish and fill of emotions sensitivites tongue tongue tongue embarassed

Have you ever been in the islam for muslims section? Are/were you a regular poster once there before?

Learn objectivity and stop displaying pathetic ignorance at every opportunity.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by noetic15(m): 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2009
Deep Sight:

1. What will happen to Mahatma Ghandi

2. What will happen to the Dalai Lama

Note: Neither of them, outstanding in their moral rectitude, principled beliefs and dedication to peace believed(s) in Jesus. Tell me if you consider them headed for hell, on accoubt of - "I am the way, the truth and the life. . ."

Your answers should clarify whether you areobjective or not.

u already answered the question urself,  . . . YES, they are both headed for hell. I am not sure if Ghandi was not a Xtian,  . . . .but if he wasnt, then he is hell bound.
how does my answer reflect my objectivity?. . . . . . . . . .The owner of heaven has made his rules for entry. . . . why would anyone not qualified make the list?
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by DeepSight(m): 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2009
There we go. Your Objectivity Certificate has just been officially and permanently withdrawn.

I recall very clearly that the Jewish Carpenter who you worship as God stated when asked about salvation - that men need observe only two laws - love of God and love of fellow man.

How do you interprete that?

Was Abraham a Christian? Elijah? Moses?

Yes. . . ?
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by noetic15(m): 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2009
Deep Sight:

There we go. Your Objectivity Certificate has just been officially and permanently withdrawn.

I recall very clearly that the Jewish Carpenter who you worship as God stated when asked about salvation - that men need observe only two laws - love of God and love of fellow man.

Yes. . . ?

1. u forget very easily that before the jewish carpenter came, there was no human who is heir to eternal life. human life ended at the grave, that explains the quandary great men like David and Solomon had. . .they could not fathom the emptiness of the grave after living such a fulfilling life. So if Ghandi and Dalai Lama had lived more than 2000 years ago, they would have died, gone to the grave and be resurrected at the discretion of the mercy of God.

2. The jewish carpenter is the only one who promised eternal life. He also boldly asserted that He holds the key to life (eternity) and death (hell). He also gave His conditions (salvation) for eternal life. He also mandated that this gospel be preached to all the earth.
Ghandi and Dalai Lama made a choice to reject this gospel. . . . .so regardless of their good works they are candidates of hell.

3. what does it mean to be a Christian? it simply means to live a life of Christ. . . . .
did Abraham, Elijah and Moses know Christ? . . . . . NO. . . . . . as such they were never Christians.
But the bible states that at death Jesus went to hades to preach the Gospel and all those who had died in the Lord were resurrected. It is as such safe to state that Moses, Abraham and Elijah are in eternity with Christ.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Tonyet1(m): 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2009
Tudór:

Have you ever been in the islam for muslims section? Are/were you a regular poster once there before?

Learn objectivity and stop displaying pathetic ignorance at every opportunity.

Ok i see why mr.objectivity's post couldnt pass even the smallest of a section, even a KINDERGARTEN section will abort your posts, because it sucks! going from sections and boards to shit ignorance are taggs for kids you know, and to noetic15 there aint no reason y i cant put up with an atheist undecided undecided but not with a NAPKIN-ATHEIST embarassed embarassed
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by noetic15(m): 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2009
and why is he a "napkin-atheist"?
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by DeepSight(m): 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2009
noetic15:

3. what does it mean to be a Christian? it simply means to live a life of Christ. . . . .
did Abraham, Elijah and Moses know Christ? . . . . . NO. . . . . . as such they were never Christians.
But the bible states that at death Jesus went to hades to preach the Gospel and all those who had died in the Lord were resurrected. It is as such safe to state that Moses, Abraham and Elijah are in eternity with Christ.

Are you forgetting that Elijah did not die or go to the grave but was presumably taken up in a Chariot of Fire into Heaven?

So Christ could not have preached to him in Hades.

Note that ever before christ died on the Cross, ELIJAH is said to be in heaven already.

So if Elijah did not need Christ's death to get the heaven, why should Mahatma Ghandi? Or the Dalai Lama?
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by noetic15(m): 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2009
Deep Sight:

Are you forgetting that Elijah did not die or go to the grave but was presumably taken up in a Chariot of Fire into Heaven?

So Christ could not have preached to him in Hades.

Note that ever before christ died on the Cross, ELIJAH is said to be in heaven already.
well stated.

So if Elijah did not need Christ's death to get the heaven, why should Mahatma Ghandi? Or the Dalai Lama?

Cos Elijah lived before the promise of eternity. If Ghandi and Dalai Lama were traveling to the US, would they not require a visa? why should they be allowed in, when they are fully aware of US immigration laws? . . .  . they knew about the promise of salvation through Jesus, but chose not to acknowledge it. . .why then should they inherit the promise?
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Krayola(m): 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2009
noetic15:

well stated.

Cos Elijah lived before the promise of eternity. If Ghandi and Dalai Lama were traveling to the US, would they not require a visa? why should they be allowed in, when they are fully aware of US immigration laws? . . .  . they knew about the promise of salvation through Jesus, but chose not to acknowledge it. . .why then should they inherit the promise?

Noetic, Kudos. I think u are one of the few christians on NL that has acknowledged that the promise of Heaven was a new idea, and not something the early Israelites believed in as part of their covevant with God. I've had a few Christians here put me to the sword for making that claim, even though they couldn't back up their positions. . .but used the popular tactic of slandering the opponent.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Tudor6(f): 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2009
Tonye-t:

Ok i see why mr.objectivity's post couldnt pass even the smallest of a section, even a KINDERGARTEN section will abort your posts, because it sucks! going from sections and boards to shit ignorance are taggs for kids you know, and to noetic15 there aint no reason y i cant put up with an atheist undecided undecided but not with a NAPKIN-ATHEIST embarassed embarassed
This is the same illiterate who could not even define religion. . . Its a pity.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by viaro: 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2009
Deep Sight:

I'm sorry to disappoint you; but Jesus Christ the Son of God whom I confess as Lord and Saviour did not make salvation to rest upon the observance of any laws. I admit upfront that my understanding may be poor, but at least I know that He did not present salvation as a matter of observing only two (or even any) laws. Let me explain:

1. Jesus Himself held that salvation is settled upon believing Him for who He is.

2. Loving God and loving one's neighbour would not settle anything, because it would again mean that His redeeming work on the Cross was unnecessary.

3. What about other solid pronouncements He made, such as those with the very unmistakeable "EXCEPT. . ."?? Here are a few:

>> Matthew 18:3 -
"Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven"

>> Luke 13:3 -
"I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

>> John 3:3 -
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

>> John 6:53 -
"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you."

Now, do these mean that one could be claiming to love God and neighbour and yet be lost if they reject those other attestations with the "EXCEPT" this and that? The answer is obvious - the enquirer can dismiss them and stay with observing only two laws; but they should remember that there was a man who said "All these things have I kept from my youth up", and yet at the end, he "went away sorrowful"  (see Matthew 19:18-22).

Moving on now -

Not that I know of; but didn't Jesus Himself say something of Abraham regarding Him? Here:
"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad" (John 8:56)

As of Moses, Jesus Himself said: "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me " (John 5:46). Compare this with Hebrews 11:27 which records of Moses that he "endured, as seeing him who is invisible" - that is as seeing Christ.

The point in all this? Simple: I don't think the idea of slavation on two laws is valid. I may be mistaken; but the above are my reasons as to why that idea is not valid. Do share yours, please.

Yes. . . ?

Yes. wink
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:10pm On Oct 09, 2009
I held myself for three pages and I think it is time to step in. first of all deep sight and noetic take your objectivity talk elsewhere if there was proper moderation your posts would be deleted. We need to call a religion section summit and table these issues in a formal manner and I call on the mods to take the lead. [color=][/color]
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by bawomolo(m): 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2009
One critical issue is why there is a separate muslim board from the religion section?

That issue has to be addressed. Those muslims flood the religion section while we are supposed to give them a private spot to chill?
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2009
bawomolo:

One critical issue is why there is a separate muslim board from the religion section?

That issue has to be addressed. Those muslims flood the religion section while we are supposed to give them a private spot to chill?

who is "we"?

do you atheists now "own" the religion board?

was that the point of your constant attacks in this section?

Is that your "girlfriend" in your profile?

she looks evil wicked like you. cheesy
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Krayola(m): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2009
haha. Its funny how most people are claiming innocence.

Bottom-line is that we are all guilty as charged. But it is comforting that most people realize that we can do better to improve the quality of debates here. It is normal to have so many opinions on the same religion(s). . . I doubt anyone is going to change anyone's mind. But at least we should be able to discuss without straight up insulting each other. It seems most people here would get along if there was just beer and suya on the table. Once we add bible and quran into the mix na there katakata go bust!!
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by DeepSight(m): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2009
Bawolomo - that woman on your profile is scandolously attractive. The high heels in particular.

BY THE AUTHOURITY AND POWERS DONATED TO ME BY THE INFALLIBLE POPE I HEREWITH DEEM HER CONFISCATED.

YOU MUST UNCONDITIONALLY SURRENDER HER TO ME LATEST MIDNIGHT TONITE OR BE SUMMARILY GARROTTED AS A HERETIC.

You are warned.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Purist(m): 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2009
@noetic15

noetic15:

No, you can't claim to be objective. . . and yes, there IS a reason to think contrary.

The reason is this - Religion is faith-based, and since faith in itself is irrational, it is safe to conclude that no religious person can be objective when it comes to matters of their faith.  You only believe what you believe because it is what you've always heard, read or felt is right, and based on some other factors best known to you, you tend to take it as the sole truth.  Now, if you can take just one moment to step out of your religious beliefs, which I know is quite a difficult thing to do, you'd realise that your supposition on Mahatma Ghandi and Dalai Lama is FAR from being objective.  As a Christian, you have every reason to believe they're both hell-bound because that is what your religion teaches, and you believe it to be the truth.  But in reality, you're not being objective, because your own belief system is not the only one that exists. . . but then of course, you don't care because you ardently believe yours to be the only right one.

Objectivity is looking at things strictly as they are without bias. But when you begin to present arguments based solely on your own belief system, regardless of any other, then you're being biased, and so you can't claim to be objective.  I hope you get my point.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by posakosa(m): 9:08pm On Oct 09, 2009
No one is OBJECTIVE. No matter how much they disillusion themselves.

Objectivity is quite difficult to attain. We are all subjected and thus, subjective through our experiences
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Horus(m): 9:14pm On Oct 09, 2009
African peoples, no matter where they are presently functioning throughout the world, are psycho-spiritual slaves to 3 major institutions of 'worship' they blindly follow called Christianity, Islam or Judaism. They are ALL currently following belief-structures created, managed and operated from the throneroom of the Vatican, ALL presently bathing in the oceans of ancestral blood shed by those who once acted, and are STILL acting upon the fanaticisms of their dubious beliefs; ALL of them hypnotized followers chronically suffering from a 'faith-based' derangement of the mind I call THEO-PSYCHOSIS!
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by bawomolo(m): 2:54am On Oct 10, 2009
Deep Sight:

Bawolomo - that woman on your profile is scandolously attractive. The high heels in particular.

BY THE AUTHOURITY AND POWERS DONATED TO ME BY THE INFALLIBLE POPE I HEREWITH DEEM HER CONFISCATED.

YOU MUST UNCONDITIONALLY SURRENDER HER TO ME LATEST MIDNIGHT TONITE OR BE SUMMARILY GARROTTED AS A HERETIC.

You are warned.

ewo. what God has put together no deep sight shall put assunder  grin

she looks evil wicked like you

sharrap, you know you like my GQ look  cheesy
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Krayola(m): 3:11am On Oct 10, 2009
bawomolo:

ewo. what [size=14pt]God[/size] has put together no deep sight shall put assunder  grin

hahahahaha. Na when deep sight dey eye ur wifey u remember God? grin grin
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by noetic15(m): 4:17am On Oct 10, 2009
Purist:

@noetic15

No, you can't claim to be objective. . . and yes, there IS a reason to think contrary.

The reason is this - Religion is faith-based, and since faith in itself is irrational, it is safe to conclude that no religious person can be objective when it comes to matters of their faith.  You only believe what you believe because it is what you've always heard, read or felt is right, and based on some other factors best known to you, you tend to take it as the sole truth.  Now, if you can take just one moment to step out of your religious beliefs, which I know is quite a difficult thing to do, you'd realise that your supposition on Mahatma Ghandi and Dalai Lama is FAR from being objective.  As a Christian, you have every reason to believe they're both hell-bound because that is what your religion teaches, and you believe it to be the truth.  But in reality, you're not being objective, because your own belief system is not the only one that exists. . . but then of course, you don't care because you ardently believe yours to be the only right one.

Objectivity is looking at things strictly as they are without bias. But when you begin to present arguments based solely on your own belief system, regardless of any other, then you're being biased, and so you can't claim to be objective.  I hope you get my point.

On the contrary, ur post simply supports the fact that I am an objective person.

1. Heaven is the creation and home of Jesus. . . Jesus is also the ONLY onw who ever promised anyone a place in heaven. The same Jesus clearly stated rules with regards to admission into heaven. I think it is objective to state that Dalai Lama and Ghandi should not be bothered about heaven since they do not believe in it. . . . . but if they bothered about heaven as promised by Jesus. . . then one can objectively state that they are both candidates of hell. . . . .this is no dogma, its as simple as the rules with regards to admission into heaven.
If the subject was allah's paradise, then all one has to do is to be a terrorist and kill in the name of allah. . . . . . that way he gets to paradise. There is no dogma about it. . . .allah has stated his rules for his sexual infested paradise.

2. I have heard people say that theists cannot be objective, just like u have also asserted. I disagree simply because, I have NEVER been asked any question about xtinaity which I waived away on the premise of dogma. . .I have always given logical, objective and intellectual potent answers which always support my notion that xtianity is logical in all ramifications.

3. Faith in God is NOT irrational, contrary to ur claim.

In the bible, all those who had faith in God were STRENGTHENED before their request was granted. what do u think it means to be strengthened?

4. According to ur definition of objectivity. . .I believe that I am qualified in this context. The unbiased view is that anyone who does not meet the criteria of heaven does NOT make heaven and that includes Dalai Lama and Ghandi.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by wirinet(m): 8:35am On Oct 10, 2009
Christianity give a person a delusion that he is greater than great men, both today and in the past, like Ghandi, Dalai Lama, Mandala, Mother Teresa, Einstein, etc ., not because he has done anything to contribute to the developments of mankind, but because he believes in one stupid assertion brought to him by his conquerors to enslave his mind to stop him from thinking straight. Meanwhile while his conquerors had move on to better things and better purpose of life, my ignorant, psychologically and economically abused brothers are still holding on to unrealistic beliefs. My people have become more fanatical that the originators of the religions. Both christianity and islam. It is a good think Jews shut their religion against us. Or we would have claimed their religions more than them.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by KunleOshob(m): 9:02am On Oct 10, 2009
noetic15:

On the contrary, your post simply supports the fact that I am an objective person.
1. Heaven is the creation and home of Jesus. . . Jesus is also the ONLY onw who ever promised anyone a place in heaven. The same Jesus clearly stated rules with regards to admission into heaven. I think it is objective to state that Dalai Lama and Ghandi should not be bothered about heaven since they do not believe in it. . . . . but if they bothered about heaven as promised by Jesus. . . then one can objectively state that they are both candidates of hell. . . . .this is no dogma, its as simple as the rules with regards to admission into heaven.
If the subject was allah's paradise, then all one has to do is to be a terrorist and kill in the name of allah. . . . . . that way he gets to paradise. There is no dogma about it. . . .allah has stated his rules for his sexual infested paradise.

2. I have heard people say that theists cannot be objective, just like u have also asserted. I disagree simply because, I have NEVER been asked any question about xtinaity which I waived away on the premise of dogma. . .I have always given logical, objective and intellectual potent answers which always support my notion that xtianity is logical in all ramifications.

3. Faith in God is NOT irrational, contrary to your claim.

In the bible, all those who had faith in God were STRENGTHENED before their request was granted. what do u think it means to be strengthened?

4. According to your definition of objectivity. . .I believe that I am qualified in this context. The unbiased view is that anyone who does not meet the criteria of heaven does NOT make heaven and that includes Dalai Lama and Ghandi.

The above post as just proven that you certainly have no clue what it means to be objective. sad
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by mazaje(m): 9:20am On Oct 10, 2009
noetic15:

False. . .you have NEVER been objective. . .Example when you read the bible where the bible god commands people to rape, kill, steal and destroy others and even sacrifice them up as a burnt offering unto him you over look it and when asked you bring up meaningless excuses that yahweh has every right to tell his chosen men to kill the unbelievers. . .when moslems go around killing christians based on what their own holy book tells them you complain that allah is bad because he tells people to kill unbelievers forgetting that your own god also told people to rape, kill, sacrifice unbelivers to him as burnt offering and destroy the unbelievers completely. . . .You go around saying that allah is a bad god but when you read the passages of your own bible where your own god tells people to do exactly what allah tells his people to do you explain your away with unreasonable answers when moslems give you the same answer which you give as an explanation for your you dismiss theirs. . . .

Abuzola: Yahweh is a bad god because he ordered the killing and destruction of people including innocent children.
Neotic: No yahweh is not a bad god he is a loving good more loving than your muderous and evil allah.
Abuzola: No alah is the most merciful, he is good and just, Yahweh is evil read the bible half of it is full of death and destruction of the unbelivers.
Neotic: Yahweh has the right to command people to kill unbelivers so what is your problem the people killed, raped and destroyed were unbelivers so they derserbve it. Allah on the other hand tells moslems to kill unbelievers so allah is a bad god. . .
Abuzola: How can you say allah is a bad god when he tells people to kill the unbelivers? unbelief is a sin and all the unbelivers deserve to die so allah is not a bad god your own god also told people to kill and destroy unbelievers. . . so allah is merciful and just. . .
Neotic: yahweh has the right to tell people to kill unbelievers so there is no problem there. . .he is the creator of heaven and earth. . .allah is an evil god because he tells people to kill unbelievers. . .
Abuzola: You are not a serious person. . .
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by mazaje(m): 9:20am On Oct 10, 2009
KunleOshob:

The above post as just proven that you certainly have no clue what it means to be objective. sad

Forget my man neotic. . he doesn't even know what he is saying grin grin
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Abuzola(m): 10:29am On Oct 10, 2009
Alhamdulilahi ladhi ahyana bahda mautuna wa ilayin nushur amin
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Purist(m): 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2009
@noetic15

noetic15:

On the contrary, your post simply supports the fact that I am an objective person.

No sir, you're wrong. My post suggests no such thing. On the contrary, your rejoinder has only assisted in accentuating the point I made about your supposition earlier on.

noetic15:

1. Heaven is the creation and home of Jesus. . .

The Christian version of heaven, yes. Again, you have only given the subsequent explanations under the belief that your own version of heaven is the true one, which of course shows that no one can EVER be objective when it comes to matters of faith.

noetic15:

3. Faith in God is NOT irrational, contrary to your claim.

So their strength automatically translates to rationality? See, I have read so many times here where even Christians have admitted that faith is irrational. You claiming otherwise, to me, is an attempt to just dance around with words. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." If you really can rationalize that, I'll be shocked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Will You Sacrifice This Lenten Season? / Incredible Testimony At Winners Chapel / No, The Muslim Jesus Is Not Even Close To The Jesus Of The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.