Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Relationship Ideals. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Ideals. (4720 Views)

Ideals On How To Woo A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Ideals. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
There's a thread on FP right now (supermarket boyfriend) that's generating a lot of controversies... Her boyfriend wants sex, she doesn't and somehow she's scared of losing him. She's wondering whether or not to give in and a lot of people are bashing her on the grounds that she's received financial favours from him and as such, it's only fitting that she returns the favour by allowing him have his way.

Well, the truth is that this sort of issue would always be a problematic one, all thanks to the status quo obtainable. A girl dating a guy expects him to foot her bills, and he in return expects to screw her whenever he wants.

Now, this is what I have to say about this. We all need a reorientation about how these things should work. First of all, each individual must decide what he/she wants to be... Celibate or sexually active. After that, you decide if you want to be in a relationship. And by relationship, I mean a proper one that's defined. But before you go into any relationship, you must first honestly answer these questions.

*Why do you want to go into a relationship?
*Are you sure you're ready for a relationship and all the hassles that come with it? Commitment, time, sincerity, misunderstandings, compromises, etc.
*What do you want out of a relationship?
*What are you bringing to the table? You definitely should have something to offer.
* State the rules from the beginning. Don't start what you can't finish.
*Keep your relationship private and don't compare that of others to yours. Your friends don't need to know that your man doesn't get you take you shopping or to exotic places or gives you money regularly or that you cook for him with your money.

It's high time we started getting our priorities right. For the girls, stop going into relationships JUST because you need someone who'd foot your bills. When you're in a relationship, don't make demands. In a healthy and proper relationship, you should be open and free with each other such that at every point in time, he knows what you really need and would assist if he can... Of his own volition, without you having to ask. Ask only when you're in dire need. Your needs are really not his responsibility. If he's the type that never does anything without you having to ask, then it's up to you to decide if you can deal with that.

If you're sleeping with him, it should be because you want to...because you like sex and don't care about abstinence. Lol. And not because you feel you owe him, or it's a way to keep the money coming.

And you must also keep it in mind that most guys are very much interested in sex. As a matter of fact, it's the one major reason why some of them desire to have a "girlfriend." It's the trophy for the chase. So, before you accept any guy's proposal make it clear from the get-go that it would a total no-sex relationship, except of course you are ready to play ball. Don't be fooled by the looks of them, even if he's your youth pastor. Lol. Should he walk away, oh well, there's no cow on the ice. But stick to your guns.

Very importantly, an ideal relationship should be hinged on "give and take." You shouldn't always be at the receiving end. Give too. Get him tangible presents, not only on his birthdays. Shower him with love. Find out what his problems are and see if you can help in any way. You should be someone he trusts to tell about his plans and goals in life. It shows you mean something to him and not just some mere existential entity. Go out of your way to do things for him sometimes. You may not be able to do much financially, but do something once in a while when you can... And of course, there are other things you can do. You can always think of things you can do for him. Kpanshing alone won't do. If that's all you're offering or all he's interested in, then you belittle yourself. Walk away. There's but a time allowed for foolishness.

At every point in time, we must assess and reevaluate our lives. There's so much I want to say, but...

Finally, in my very own highly, tremendously, "subjective" opinion, ABSTAIN and develop a tough skin. The benefits are plenty, whether or not you're a virgin. Don't start counting dicks in their droves before you make the decision. Allow them guys f*ck themselves. Lol. We'll begin to have some sanity after then.

21 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Relationship Ideals. by iykekelvins(m): 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
I'd rate this write-up 1000%
Nice one..

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Ideals. by buygala(m): 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
Op, point of correction please sad...

It isn't 'sleeping with him' ... it's 'sleep with each other' smiley .... Girls enjoy sex as much as we do... So don't make it sound like you are benevolently dropping a coin in a beggar's bowl sad

As per the whole epistle. .. na una vaginasad... You girls are free to hoard it as much you want. ... Just as we guys are also free to alternatively, find multiple parking lots for our dicks.... ar least we are not having sex with her... so 'technically' , we are abstaining too cool

But Unrivalled Stupidity is when the girl withholds the Puna and still expects 'faithfulness' to her on the guy's part sad ..... yeah... You have his 'heart, his love, and even his soul' angry... but since you have refused to accept his dick, which is supposed to be part of the whole 'package', what right do you have to demand that it shouldn't get a 'warm reception' in some other girl? ....

When you go to buy gift hampers, and tell the seller that you are not interested in some items in the hamper basket, do you have any right to stop the seller from selling the individual items you rejected? ....

Summary. ... Ladies, Abstinence is all good ....it increases the shelf-life, moisture quality of your vaginas, among other myriad benefits smiley .... please keep up the zips.... just don't expect us to do same cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Ideals. by falconey(m): 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
this should be fun

this should sums it up.

"And you must also keep it in mind that most guys are very much interested in sex. As a matter of fact, it's the one major reason why some of them desire to have a "girlfriend." It's the trophy for the chase. So, before you accept any guy's proposal make it clear from the get-go that it would a total no-sex relationship, except of course you are ready to play ball. Don't be fooled by the looks of them, even if he's your youth pastor. Lol. Should he walk away, oh well, there's no cow on the ice. But stick to your guns"

1 Like

Re: Relationship Ideals. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
kiss
Re: Relationship Ideals. by Phylemon: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
Nice one OP

Do you need a home Teacher in Uyo Akwa Ibom State... Am only a call away 08085188110

1 Like

Re: Relationship Ideals. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
Any man that expects sex from his woman as a reward for footing her bills is a foòl. Any lady that spreads her legs as a price to any man for footing her bills is a hoe.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relationship Ideals. by donbenedict(m): 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
Even cutehector loves this!

1 Like

Re: Relationship Ideals. by saintfellow(m): 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
AS a lady, you cannot expect your boyfriend to keep spending on you without giving him sex. I am not saying its a good thing but what i am saying is that as a lady, when you become the receiver, a pest, then you should be ready to give in any way possible. But when you bring a lot in the relationship, when you sometimes give to your boyfriend, you spend your time, money on him, then the equation will be balance. when you tell him you dnt want sex, then he will respect you becaus you have given more than enough in the relationship.
Re: Relationship Ideals. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
I love this

1 Like

Re: Relationship Ideals. by 2dice01: 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
konji na bastard Do you know Kissing smooching a guy but no show is an act of wickedness

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Ideals. by Lsofdk(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
Oliviaarims:
Finally, in my very own highly, tremendously, "subjective" opinion, ABSTAIN and develop a tough skin. The benefits are plenty, whether or not you're a virgin. Don't start counting dicks in their droves before you make the decision. Allow them guys f*ck themselves. Lol. We'll begin to have some sanity after then.
undecided undecided
nothwitstanding, this is a nice post.
★★★★★
preach!!! but don't preach the boldedgrin

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Ideals. by joseph1832(m): 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
OP I hope you follow your own advice? If not...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Ideals. by oluwalewis(m): 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
A girl is either a wife to be or a sex mate to a guy,it all depends on what you have to offer. U can't give what you don't have
Re: Relationship Ideals. by firstking01(m): 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
Nice one
Re: Relationship Ideals. by Ishilove: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
This is awkward... embarassed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Ideals. by Laveda(f): 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
Nice one. smiley

Olivia if you really practice what you preach, then you're just the perfect girl.

3 Likes

Re: Relationship Ideals. by Fkforyou(m): 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
Na that girl wey dey burst my brain topic....make I book space. cool
Re: Relationship Ideals. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: Relationship Ideals. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Laveda:
Nice one. smiley

Olivia if you really practice what you preach, then you're just the perfect girl.

There's no perfect girl..

1 Like

Re: Relationship Ideals. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
Fkforyou:
Na that girl wey dey burst my brain topic....make I book space. cool

See, this kind of joke dosen't go down well with me..
Re: Relationship Ideals. by Trendin(m): 10:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
Hahaha! Wonders shall never end. See who's giving relationship advice.

Make I no talk again sha.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Ideals. by Fkforyou(m): 10:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
discoprophet:

See, this kind of joke dosen't go down well with me..

Why? undecided
Re: Relationship Ideals. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
Fkforyou:

Why? undecided
Lol. Just kidding, bro
Re: Relationship Ideals. by Fkforyou(m): 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
discoprophet:

Lol. Just kidding, bro

Lol...no tell me say you too dey gbadu the babe. smiley

She and Ishilove na correct babes.... cool

OK..@ OP...you've made sense...although where you said she should state the rules governing the relationship you made it look like a contract. ..you know that kind Mr. Gray and Anastasia had.
Asides that, thumbs up.

In summary of your whole post, take charge of any relationship and don't leave everything to chance.
Re: Relationship Ideals. by IYIMAN: 6:51am On Sep 12, 2016
OK, nice write up, zone reality is the best. Nothing is real until it is personal. Each to his own.
Re: Relationship Ideals. by MizMyColi(f): 7:03am On Sep 12, 2016
smiley
Re: Relationship Ideals. by MizMyColi(f): 7:17am On Sep 12, 2016
Fkforyou:

Lol...no tell me say you too dey gbadu the babe. smiley

She and Ishilove na correct babes.... cool

OK..@ OP...you've made sense...although where you said she should state the rules governing the relationship you made it look like a contract. ..you know that kind Mr. Gray and Anastasia had.
Asides that, thumbs up.

In summary of your whole post, take charge of any relationship and don't leave everything to chance.

When people talk about taking charge, I begin to wonder if they intend to be in the relationship alone.

Do they even take cognizance that the person they fall in love with or want to build a life with has his own set of norms and values/absence thereof?

When you say "take charge", do you mean -- "Take charge of him and find subtle ways to make him do your bidding"?

My friend, that there, is selfishness!

How far along do you intend to get without mutual compromise?

Let me digress a bit.

I saw a post on here about why Ladies ask "the question" after sex.

If a girl asks that type of question after sex....it just goes to show two things.

1. That relationship is not right for her at the moment. Okay, let me put it this way....
All things being equal, sex happening at that time wasn't just right.

2. She herself isn't ready to be in one.

Now, back to what I was talking to you about.
Be you man, be you woman...for your own good and that of your partner; except you enjoy selfishness as a past time, kindly expunge the need to be in Charge either directly or indirectly.

My message is clear enough.
I exit now.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Relationship Ideals. by DeLioncourt: 7:28am On Sep 12, 2016
Women sha. You'll get into a relationship and be collecting then start complaining when the guy wants sex.
Why not define the relationship from the beginning.? Agree on whether sex is on or off the table or to be negotiated later. And yes it can be negotiated!
Even your parents don't send you to school for nothing...they expect good grades and some appreciation (financial or verbal or otherwise).
God didn't give you life for nothing...he expects you to do His good work and worship him.
NOTHING IS FREE!!! DONT EXPECT A GUY TO SPEND ON YOU AND NOT WANT ANYTHING.

For those of you that will come and say you're different (guys) or your bf is different(girls), you're just deceiving yourselves.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Ideals. by kaboninc(m): 7:43am On Sep 12, 2016
joseph1832:
OP I hope you follow your own advice? If not...

Nice one
Re: Relationship Ideals. by kaboninc(m): 7:43am On Sep 12, 2016
Laveda:
Nice one. smiley

Nice one!!
Re: Relationship Ideals. by kaboninc(m): 7:45am On Sep 12, 2016
Trendin:
Hahaha! Wonders shall never end. See who's giving relationship advice.

Make I no talk again sha.

She needs it more than anyone in the world

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Family Picture Will Wow You..........check It Out. / I Cant Believe This What This 2 Runs Girls Are Doing In The Toilet [photos] / This Is What You Get When You Marry A Slay Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.