Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants (14943 Views)

Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets / Buhari To Implement Yar’adua’s Agreement With Niger-Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by obailala(m): 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Sister, ur dullness is epic. There re many educated pple from Delta and neighbouring states who re well employed in the oil companies. Get a good education and see if u won't be employed.
Half of the people making those ignorant comments have never stepped foot out of their clans and have absolutely no idea what happens in the niger delta.

1 Like

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by cocoduck: 12:48pm On Sep 12, 2016
obailala:
Sorry nobody here was born today, but in your spare time kindly ask yourself, those youths who vandalised shoprite warri for instance, does that help or damage the economy of the city?.... I pray we all receive wisdom.
please kindly give us a list of smarter ways, I was not born today, remember sari wiwa
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by cocoduck: 12:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
ojinuocheibi:
you can never be stronger than Nigeria. Biaaaaatch.SOMEONE PLANTED THE COCOA BUT NP BODY PLANTED THE OIL SO YOU DONT OWN ANY OIL GET THAT INTO YOUR EMPTY SLULL
when I own a land, every thing in or on it belongs to me.
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by obailala(m): 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
cocoduck:
please kindly give us a list of smarter ways, I was not born today, remember sari wiwa
It is not my duty to help you use your own brain and wisdom. All I can do is to help you think, regarding the question I asked earlier, those youths who vandalised shoprite warri, does that help or damage the economy of the city? ... Just FYI in case you aren't aware, shoprite isn't an oil company, they are just foreign investors.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by cocoduck: 12:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
majekdom2:
is agitation solving any thing. I read well before I quoted you. My point was to let you know crime is crime. Violenc does not solve any crap. Where are the ND now? Where are the militants? Are the better off? Quote me anywhere, Nigeria will remain Nigeria 20 years to come with FG still in control.
yes agitation is solving a. Lot of problems. Let the theives in the north stop stealing the oil.
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by cocoduck: 1:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
obailala:
It is not my duty to help you use your own brain and wisdom. All I can do is to help you think, regarding the question I asked earlier, those youths who vandalised shoprite warri, does that help or damage the economy of the city? ... Just FYI in case you aren't aware, shoprite isn't an oil company, they are just foreign investors.
you are the one who said we should use smarter ways na
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
cocoduck:
yes agitation is solving a. Lot of problems. Let the theives in the north stop stealing the oil.
does your militants have the resource control. What have you other than investors running away from the communities? What other industries are functioning in the town?

1 Like

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by chukzyblingz(m): 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2016
majekdom2:
is agitation solving any thing. I read well before I quoted you. My point was to let you know crime is crime. Violenc does not solve any crap. Where are the ND now? Where are the militants? Are the better off? Quote me anywhere, Nigeria will remain Nigeria 20 years to come with FG still in control.
So what do suggest they do? Since violence is not the solution, can you kindly suggest a solution? And in your blackmail, you don't even address the injustice. This is like beating someone and also trying to direct him how to cry and how not to cry. This is the height of intimidation.
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by obailala(m): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
cocoduck:
you are the one who said we should use smarter ways na
It is called a 'wake up call'. I wouldn't help you use your own God given brain. If you choose not to wake up and use your own wisdom at least as an educated and enlightened person, you are free to keep sleeping. You can as well join the uvwie youths patrolling the streets looking for companies, shops and businesses to extort money from on a daily basis. When the companies refuse to 'tender', you are free to brutalise the personnel and vandalise/loot their equipment. By 12 noon, you can also join the boys roaming the streets from one company canteen to the other 'obtaining' free food; after all the companies are making free money in your community while you have no job so it's your inalienable right to harass the investors.

After all that, when your eyes are momentarily opened to the damage done by the justified acts of 'fighting for your rights,' you can easily blame Hausas and Yorubas and Igbos for taking away the investors from your hitherto thriving land. Meanwhile you are free to keep waiting for me to help you use your number 6.

5 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Chiznonso: 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Every resources under the ground, in the air or sea belongs to FG according to the Nigerian Constitution and as at the last time I checked, it has not been amended.

Deal with it.

What was your corrupt Mandela of Otuoke looking at for over 5years that he could not change the constitution. If we call him Clueless now, you will be getting angry over the truth.

Go and collect the Oil
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
Ik
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
chukzyblingz:
So what do suggest they do? Since violence is not the solution, can you kindly suggest a solution? And in your blackmail, you don't even address the injustice. This is like beating someone and also trying to direct him how to cry and how not to cry. This is the height of intimidation.
There are representatives of the ND in the house of reps and assembly. Why can't they take up this fight too? They call on UN, does UN support violence. There was once a ND president and all he did was to accumulate wealth for himself. So what are we talking really? Like I will always say these militants are only making life worse for the poorer citizens. The rich will always have their ways.

2 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by SuperS1Panther: 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

Go and collect the Oil

Nigeria still exported 1.64million barrel per day for 30days last month.

Deal with it.

4 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by SuperS1Panther: 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
cocoduck:

Read your constitution, all land belong to FG and not the people

3 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Chiznonso: 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
obailala:

Why can't Ur people give us @ least 1 million Tonnes of Cocoa in a year, these guys were giving us 2m barrels of sweet Crude oil a day baba. Sweet Light Crude Oil, thats what Nigeria survives on. It's the dollars U earn from Exports, U can use to import. Majority those consumer goods we imports are bought by Petrodollars. Vandalism happens everywhere, even in Lagos pipelines. How about Boko Haram massacring people? How about Fulani Herdsmen? How about Armed Robbers? Even riots in Jos Kaduna, Kidnapping in south East.
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Read your constitution, all land belong to FG and not the people
that is what you get from a defunct educational system. People that can't tell what the law says. I think that is where the problem we have now started from and that's why some people can be talking ancestral father's land.

1 Like

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Chiznonso: 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Nigeria still exported 1.64million barrel per day for 30days last month.

Deal with it.
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by SuperS1Panther: 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

Multiply that by 30days.

2 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by newbornmacho(m): 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
majekdom2:
did you read the post properly. I for one have worked for billionaires from ND whose monies are from oil business. Greed and laziness is a reason for the present state and until that is addressed amongst the youth. There can't be any development.
Which region lacks greedy and lazy youth? Are the almajiri and wider Hausa youth paragons of hard work and discipline? What about the omonile and Yoruba area boys? Have you used them as a yardstick in dealing with their regions? Let's all say the truth. If there was absolutely no reason for militancy it wouldn't exist, as it is however the born to rule hegemonists and their slaves continue to fuel militancy by action and inaction.
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Chiznonso: 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Multiply that by 30days.

Just export 1m tonnes of Cocoa in a year then we can talk. Ivory Coast does 1.8m, Ghana does 1m
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by SuperS1Panther: 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

Just export 1m tonnes of Cocoa in a year then we can talk. Ivory Coast does 1.8m, Ghana does 1m

Why should we export that much when Ondo's oil contribution can achieve same for us. Now we can also add Lagos and Ogun is loading.

2 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by ojinuocheibi(m): 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
cocoduck:
I thought you guys claimed to be from Israel or Egypt or even Uganda sef, what makes you think you own a land in Niger area. You all are immigrants and your stay is temporal we may soon decide to send you to your country soon.

4 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by cocoduck: 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
obailala:
It is called a 'wake up call'. I wouldn't help you use your own God given brain. If you choose not to wake up and use your own wisdom at least as an educated and enlightened person, you are free to keep sleeping. You can as well join the uvwie youths patrolling the streets looking for companies, shops and businesses to extort money from on a daily basis. When the companies refuse to 'tender', you are free to brutalise the personnel and vandalise/loot their equipment. By 12 noon, you can also join the boys roaming the streets from one company canteen to the other 'obtaining' free food; after all the companies are making free money in your community while you have no job so it's your inalienable right to harass the investors.

After all that, when your eyes are momentarily opened to the damage done by the justified acts of 'fighting for your rights,' you can easily blame Hausas and Yorubas and Igbos for taking away the investors from your hitherto thriving land. Meanwhile you are free to keep waiting for me to help you use your number 6.
I said a list not an epistle
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by cocoduck: 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2016
ojinuocheibi:
I thought you guys claimed to be from Israel or Egypt or even Uganda sef, what makes you think you own a land in Niger area. You all are immigrants and your stay is temporal we may soon decide to send you to your country soon.
you are a jester

2 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2016
newbornmacho:

Which region lacks greedy and lazy youth? Are the almajiri and wider Hausa youth paragons of hard work and discipline? What about the omonile and Yoruba area boys? Have you used them as a yardstick in dealing with their regions? Let's all say the truth. If there was absolutely no reason for militancy it wouldn't exist, as it is however the born to rule hegemonists and their slaves continue to fuel militancy by action and inaction.
have omo onile driven investors away? Militancy, terrorism scares people away. Do you wish that warri becomes a desert town like borno. Do you wish well for your generations. Why has omo onile not driven dangote away? Why Is it that oil companies left warri but are still in lagos? Keep shooting yourself in the feet an expect to walk tomorrow. Do I have to be lazy because almajari is? What is thinking??

3 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by newbornmacho(m): 2:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
majekdom2:
have omo onile driven investors away? Militancy, terrorism scares people away. Do you wish that warri becomes a desert town like borno. Do you wish well for your generations. Why has omo onile not driven dangote away? Why Is it that oil companies left warri but are still in lagos? Keep shooting yourself in the feet an expect to walk tomorrow. Do I have to be lazy because almajari is? What is thinking??
Nobody asked for your sympathy. Just leave their resources for them. Period. These people have been cheated for too long.
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
newbornmacho:

Nobody asked for your sympathy. Just leave their resources for them. Period. These people have been cheated for too long.
Oga, I am not sympathising with any one here. It is not their resource. It belongs to the FG and that's the point here. The bold face will not in anyway help them rather they will all die and rot in jail as the man said,

4 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by armadeo(m): 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
Chiznonso:

Give them resource control, things might remain the same for them, but the rest of Nigeria, it will never remain the same

This is the first thing the Niger delta has to contend with. Resource control most likely wont change a thing for them because the money will just fall into the hands of a few crooks. Though I feel the development would be better but not inspirational.

However the rest of the country would suffer severely for it.

3 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
obailala:
Half of the people making those ignorant comments have never stepped foot out of their clans and have absolutely no idea what happens in the niger delta.
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by antispexish(m): 5:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
When a big mistake was made in the past, it will take a very long time for it to be corrected.
what where they doing when oil was found in their region and they did nothing to control it.
What where they doING when other regions started investing in and eventually controlling their oil
what where they doing when other regions where educating themselves so as to manage the oil
the fact is that the root cause of all these wahala is laziness and too much sapele water.

now you want to control resources when the other regions have seen the benefit of controlling it
you want to control resources without any sign of ability to control it.

The sure result militancy:
people will die, 90% from the agitating region, the level of their agitation will determine the number of death.
money will be lost, the controlling regions will lose more but not for too long
people will surfer, but the agitating region will surfer far more.

at the end of the whole wahala, the best that would happen will be probably 2% increase in their derivation. The other regions will never allow the Niger delta control their resources, that is the truth!

and don't think Ipob will be a better deal, if they are in charge, the situation not be different.

2 Likes

Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by mihchaell: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
it is quite unfortunate that the militants do not put into consideration the adverse effects of their actions, but it is even more humiliating that some Nigerians, and Niger Deltans are still ignorant of the fact that the south has been obviously exploited in the past few years

the revenue hub of the nation for the past fifteen years if not more have little or no infrastructure, poor education system to mention a few

if the FG had put into consideration the ND youth maybe the so call militants would be in the military by now
maybe the hoodlums that attacked shop rite would be in their place of work
maybe just maybe

now I'm not saying they are right to rob shoprite or bomb pipeline
but we cant ignore that fact that the FG was wrong for all those years

its like using a tool without maintaining it, you should know it will stop working one day
and you will have to repair it
Re: Tragedy Of An Unthinking Agitation: The Case Of The Niger-delta Militants by rusher14: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
donborg:

the administration of FCT did wonders indeed. Let them do d same WONDERS in warri naa abi Warri naNiger delta region.mtcheeew.

The same Warri that vandalised shoprite?

Or are we talking of another Warri?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard / How Crisis In INEC Headquarters May Affect Edo, Ondo Elections / Soludo Visits Ekwulobia Prison, Promises Speedy Dispensation Of Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.