Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Richest Local Governments In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richest Local Governments In Nigeria (56261 Views)

​Enugu LG Election: PDP Wins All 17 Local Governments / Autonomy Of Local Governments In Nigeria: A Notion In Need Of Reiteration / Ondo Election: Official INEC Result Updates In 17 Local Governments - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 4:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
Double post.
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Btruth: 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
CapitalCee:

You are perfectly correct, I was surprised nobody mentioned it. That's the local government with the highest no of industries.

Another LGA is Onitsha north. And Nnewi north local government in Anambra.
grin. Thank God you are aware.
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
fashrola:

Etinan? How? undecided .. I hope this is a typo sha

LGA with no Oil wells? (Never heard of any)
LGA with dilapidated roads?
[/b]LGA where lands are not sold to foreigners?[b] (How do you expect such place to develop)
LGA with no good supply of electricity and potable water?

The only thing Etinan LGA had was Peacock Paint factory (Best Paint industry in Nigeria in the 80's) which is in a state of comatose.

@OP Please get your facts right before misleading fellow Nairalanders

Exactly. I was flummoxed when I saw Etinan there. Extremely wretched and undeveloped. Went there for a field course and I vowed not to send my foe to reside there.

The bolded is their undoing, they don't even sell lands to fellow Akwa Ibomites talk more of fellow Ibibios. Those folks need a massive orientation.
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by tonnelo: 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
I represent akokwa in ideato north local govt area in imo state
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by mikolo80: 2:14am On Sep 13, 2016
cckris:

That's what Military Regimes IMPOSED on the Constitution of Nigeria, AND INSIST that this can't be renegotiated. But there're many ways to solve every problem.l
how do we solve this lopsidedness
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by mikolo80: 2:17am On Sep 13, 2016
LynnPetra:
undecided undecided

Yet we still live in abject poverty especially in the grassroots.

This Nigeria don tire me.
Which kind recession by this? Things don bad o.God make e no be say one day I go carry caterport dey hunt lizards. Now I can barely cook with good meat. Hey God! The other day I carry soup give out to a woman because I don't have enough cash at home to give her to make pot of soup.

Now a 300 naira fish goes for 500 naira. Me wey I like to chew meat anyhow I dey wake up for middle of night sef enter fridge use knife comot frozen meat, chew till I sleep again, now I'm just a shadow of my broke sef. The day wey I no say garri water don pass river Niger own na the day wey I dey drag fish head with my customer. Isi azu, ori eja! Me ke?
*Before recession
"Madam, which kind embarrassment be this? Why you dey carry fish head put for my nylon?Head wey my mama take dey mix with poison for my neighbour cats wey dey fly fence enter our compound "*my mom go just prepare the last supper with Maggi,salt, crayfish, periwinkles, bitterleaf, scent leaf, curry. Thyme, etc . By the next morning, even mosquitoes sef dey follow join casualties*
"My pikin no vex o,"(removing all the fish heads)

But now*wipes tears*
"But auntie, shebi you know say you wicked? Why una wicked like this? Wetin my fish heads dey do for your table?"

"Ha!you need am?"

"You dey ask me weda I need fish head wey I use my money buy? Fish wey i buy one 500. You still allow devil use you, you separate the head go one side? Between you and buhari , I no no who chop winch pass"

"Hmm Mmm, I no no say you don start to chop fish head na. ...."

"Abeg pack all the heads put inside my kpali, add their blood join, I go drink am"

Seriously, things are going bad o.
The other day I went to shoprite to get Bama mayonnaise . when I saw the price I was shocked. Big bottle that goes for 800-850 now almost 1300. "Shebi if I carry this Bama throw inside my handbag now, dem go catch me call me very Petty pretty thief? "I took blue band instead.

By the one the recession no pain reach the character of our men. Priick get him own brain o. Even for this recession he still dey find food to chop, e no care weda the food get "oyel"inside. E won chop be say e wan chop be that.
try enter farm na
And Vaseline De for d oiling of d food
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 13, 2016
mikolo80:
try enter farm na

I go try. The thing dey my mind sef. If I'm lucky to acquire a farm land I will be very happy.
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by mikolo80: 2:42am On Sep 13, 2016
LynnPetra:

I go try. The thing dey my mind sef. If I'm lucky to acquire a farm land I will be very happy.
hope you know you can rent for starters
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by cckris: 9:54am On Sep 13, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

You're getting more confused. More LGAs add little or nothing to any state at the federal level. It doesn't increase any state's allocation or give any state more seat in the NASS. Kano with 44 LGAs has equal number of seats in the HoR with Lagos that has 20 LGAs.
Old Kano State was alleged to be the same population with Lagos State.

When Jigawa state was created out of the Old Kano State, Kano State still RETAINED the same population with State.

Orlando Gambari why don't you simply ask your grandmother to explain the history of Nigeria that is no longer taught in Nigerian schools?

Besides your political data didn't include Revenues Allocation to those LGA specifically CREATED for that purpose.

[size=15pt]Barika da Salla
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by cckris: 10:03am On Sep 13, 2016
mikolo80:
how do we solve this lopsidedness
1st thing is to UNDERSTAND that sharing Oil money can NEVER amount to BECOMING wealthy, just as making Idi Amin a Professor didn't improve science in Uganda.

[size=20pt]As Oil Revenues diminish, solutions will sprout, as those who PRETEND to be rich, without producing anything, will realise that they NEVER were.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by GMbuharii: 10:59am On Sep 13, 2016
martha89:
Esan north East!
bo diae? cool

1 Like

Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by martha89: 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
GMbuharii:

bo diae? cool
Ofure!
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by mikolo80: 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
cckris:

1st thing is to UNDERSTAND that sharing Oil money can NEVER amount to BECOMING wealthy, just as making Idi Amin a Professor didn't improve science in Uganda.

[size=20pt]As Oil Revenues diminish, solutions will sprout, as those who PRETEND to be rich, without producing anything, will realise that they NEVER were.
[/size]
when the oyel sharing wan stop
Re: Richest Local Governments In Nigeria by ArcToyin(m): 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
Daniel058:
Watch nairalanders packing their loads to that destination. ..

grin WU NO LIKE SUCCESS?

Funny u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldier Who Survived Many Injuries At The Battlefield, Killed By Boko Haram.PICS / June 12 Presidential Election Result And Why IBB Annulled It / Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.