Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) (56707 Views)

Governor Willie Obiano Running At Campaign Ground (Photo) / Yahaya Bello And Udom Emmanuel At War Over Dino Melaye / Policewomen Searching Women At Eid Prayer Ground In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by ChiefCommander(m): 8:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
Oche211:
What sort of rubbish is this? Are these security men or Niger delta militants?
Honestly, this is absolute poo.
It isn't the only rubbish, my brother! Isn't that the latest LX 570? ...in a state and a nation where people are languishing in exemplary poverty! Poo factorial!
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by KingGeorgey(m): 9:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
Meanwhile the Prime Minister of the Netherlands arriving at his office

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by MikeB3(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
This Yahaya Bello...... Make him dey step am down small small with all these antics that is quite allien!
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by MicroBox: 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2016
I whole heartedly dislike this guy since he came on TV to talk about Kogi jail break..
Just too proud and shameless, talks anyhow and very rude.
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by Kdon2: 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2016
metronaija2:
Kogi state Governor Yahaya Bello pictured today as he arrives Eid prayer ground with masked security operatives.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/09/photo-gov-yahaya-bello-arrives-eid.html

To come Eid come pray now, na amidst heavy security. See your life! SMH
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by ehinja: 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
Onix01:
This is the peak of irresponsibility. As the Governor I believe you're responsible for the looks and action of your security aids. This can only happen in Drug cartel countries (Venezuela) where their could be HIT operations at any point and security aids are protective of their image in case of reprisal. Why has this man decimated the state to this level? God Bless Kogi State and May God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

We keep getting them in Nigeria; Masters in public office serving their interest while the people who look up to them bears the brunt.

Make them carry on nothing last forever.
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by Kdon2: 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2016
iamblisz:
Even buhari did not move with such arm and masked security close to him, and tomorrow someone will say that we need young blood to lead us,

Change begins with you! Poo
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by SeeUrLife: 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2016
Ohi306:
The Governor acted within the law, he is the chief security officer of the state and we may never know the kind of security report available to him. so is right to make adequate security arrangment for himself they way he like it as long as it doesn't breach any of our rules.
you must to wail at every move he makes,

Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by qleap2all(m): 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
His own definition of governance and being a governor
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by harlee(m): 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
Icecomrade:
Why him no go wear mask.?
D guy never do one single thing since e become governor.
Salary e no pay.
Clear conscience no dey fear accusation.
Mumu Governor. Mumu APC. All those state wey vote APC go continue to dey hear am.
no be him wear mask,na him security
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by dam4wummy(m): 12:47am On Sep 13, 2016
When the people you claim to govern no more wants you, why not just honourably resign if you actually have the interest of your people @ heart
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by dayowunmi(m): 2:17am On Sep 13, 2016
Am not sure but i can guess the price of that Lexus Jeep can pay the salary of an entire local government or almost an entire local government for one month. Nigerian leaders and wastage! They will be buying jets and luxurious cars with the citizens money while they cant/won't pay salaries
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by adeoba2008(m): 5:04am On Sep 13, 2016
Ti iwo Yahaya Bello bas se reere, ara ki o ha ya oooo!
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by Icecomrade: 5:38am On Sep 13, 2016
harlee:
no be him wear mask,na him security

I no talk say na him wear mask. The Masked security is an intimidating sign in hostility.

Those who had planned protest or may ve intended to boo the governor wont do that under the circumstance.
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by passyhansome(m): 6:29am On Sep 13, 2016
Josmila:

Do you really know what misplaced pirioties priorities are?

I DON'T KNOW TELL ME
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by ozigi444: 7:41am On Sep 13, 2016
#CHANGE#[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by nortcentrallord(m): 11:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
naptu2:

Special forces commandos, SWAT and CAT teams (around the world) usually wear balaclavas, but the first time I saw balaclava wearing operatives guarding politicians (in Nigeria) was during the 2014 elections in Ekiti and Osun states and one of the politicians that was being guarded was Ayo Fayose.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/165900-osun-election-nigerian-government-floods-osun-with-masked-security-operatives-apc.html

During the election is an eratic moment and anything can happen. Since the people elected him, @least we see him felicitating with them on the street. The people equally elected bello of kogi state (@least there was a make up election in his case) why is he still parabulating with balaclava wearing security operatives? I wonder why a governor should be afraid of those he governs... any amswer please?
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by nortcentrallord(m): 11:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
naptu2:

Special forces commandos, SWAT and CAT teams (around the world) usually wear balaclavas, but the first time I saw balaclava wearing operatives guarding politicians (in Nigeria) was during the 2014 elections in Ekiti and Osun states and one of the politicians that was being guarded was Ayo Fayose.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/165900-osun-election-nigerian-government-floods-osun-with-masked-security-operatives-apc.html

During the election is an eratic moment and anything can happen. Since the people elected him, @least we see him felicitating with them on the street. The people equally elected bello of kogi state (@least there was a make up election in his case) why is he still parabulating with balaclava wearing security operatives? I wonder why a governor should be afraid of those he governs... any answer please?
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by naptu2: 6:15am On Sep 15, 2016
nortcentrallord:

During the election is an eratic moment and anything can happen. Since the people elected him, @least we see him felicitating with them on the street. The people equally elected bello of kogi state (@least there was a make up election in his case) why is he still parabulating with balaclava wearing security operatives? I wonder why a governor should be afraid of those he governs... any answer please?

"During the election is an eratic moment and anything can happen." And in the case of Bello, that anything has happened, which is probably why his security team was reinforced with a counter-assault team. Members of counter assault teams, special forces and SWAT teams wear balaclavas so that you cannot identify them, so that they can also operate undercover without their identities being compromised and to prevent reprisal attacks against them.

(Remember that Fayose was not even a governor when he was first guarded by those masked security men). Fayose was guarded by masked security men during the elections because, as you said, it "is an eratic moment and anything can happen." He is not currently being guarded by masked security men. Similarly, Yahaya Bello was not guarded by masked security men before the attack on him, but he is currently being guarded by masked security men because he was attacked which has created "an eratic moment and anything can happen." It depends on the threat assessment.
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by nortcentrallord(m): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2016
naptu2:

"During the election is an eratic moment and anything can happen." And in the case of Bello, that anything has happened, which is probably why his security team was reinforced with a counter-assault team. Members of counter assault teams, special forces and SWAT teams wear balaclavas so that you cannot identify them, so that they can also operate undercover without their identities being compromised and to prevent reprisal attacks against them.

(Remember that Fayose was not even a governor when he was first guarded by those masked security men). Fayose was guarded by masked security men during the elections because, as you said, it "is an eratic moment and anything can happen." He is not currently being guarded by masked security men. Similarly, Yahaya Bello was not guarded by masked security men before the attack on him, but he is currently being guarded by masked security men because he was attacked which has created "an eratic moment and anything can happen." It depends on the threat assessment.

In the case of Fayose before the election, Any individual who can afford extra security I believe is allowed if agreed by the government but why would a man who was loved and could walk freely about before he became governor now be so scared of thesame people he claims to be governing. I know you are taking Fayose's case personal because you obviously don't like him but there are still apc governors like Ambose, Ajimobi and even Aragbeses...who interact with their people.
I keep wandering why a governor will be so scared of the governed. Am sure if you have a fight with your dad, he doesn't come to anywhere you are close by with his kings men armed to the teeth. Please don't come up with the excuse that the home front is a different front because a good leader doesn't fear those he leads so also a good father doesn't fear his chiLdren.
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by naptu2: 9:51am On Sep 15, 2016
nortcentrallord:

In the case of Fayose before the election, Any individual who can afford extra security I believe is allowed if agreed by the government but why would a man who was loved and could walk freely about before he became governor now be so scared of thesame people he claims to be governing. I know you are taking Fayose's case personal because you obviously don't like him but there are still apc governors like Ambose, Ajimobi and even Aragbeses...who interact with their people.
I keep wandering why a governor will be so scared of the governed. Am sure if you have a fight with your dad, he doesn't come to anywhere you are close by with his kings men armed to the teeth. Please don't come up with the excuse that the home front is a different front because a good leader doesn't fear those he leads so also a good father doesn't fear his chiLdren.

1) What makes you think I like Governor Yahaya Bello? My argument is not based on whether I like anyone or not, it's based on principle.

2) Those masked security men that guarded Fayose before the elections were not private security guards. The government stated that they were SSS operatives, so it's not a case of him having money to hire masked private security guards.

3) Did you not hear that the governor was attacked when he went to the mosque a few weeks ago? That's what created the situation that you aptly described, that is, "an erratic situation in which anything can happen" and his security team had to be beefed up with a counter assault team.

4) Having a counter assault team with members who wear balaclavas has nothing to do with whether you are loved by the people or not. The are bad people in every country who would like to take out public officials, therefore they must be protected. Would you say that Dora Akunyili was attacked because she is not loved by the people? Or would you say she had police protection because she was not loved by the people? The truth is that the people know what to do if there's a public official that they do not like and that is to vote him out.

Below, a member of the US Secret Service Counter Assault Team outside the White House. Note that he is wearing a balaclava.

naptu2:
Balaclavas and masks

A member of the US Secret Service Counter Assault Team.

British police

[img]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2136289/Tottenham-Court-Road-bomb-scare-reveals-police-team-preparing-London-2012-Olympics.html[/img]

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by Mustay(m): 10:59am On Sep 15, 2016
Thank you naptu2 for your objectivity. These days, some of us comment either cheekily or out of ignorance. It is always nice to see someone who enlightens people rather than tag along with the picture bandwagon. Well, this is politics for you and my reference to cheekiness - APC in the premium times link raised alarm on the practice based on partisanship and 'tagging' the populace along their storyline. However, they were right to point out that the masked men were being 'misused'.
Re: Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) by naptu2: 11:04am On Sep 15, 2016
Mustay:
Thank you naptu2 for your objectivity. These days, some of us comment either cheekily or out of ignorance. It is always nice to see someone who enlightens people rather than tag along with the picture bandwagon. Well, this is politics for you and my reference to cheekiness - APC in the premium times link raised alarm on the practice based on partisanship and 'tagging' the populace along their storyline. However, they were right to point out that the masked men were being 'misused'.

That's precisely why I posted that link. PDP members were defending the use of masked security men in 2014, while APC members were opposed to it. Then, in 2016 an APC member is being guarded by masked security men, while PDP members are opposed to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yari: It’s Unfair To Have Leaders Of Three Arms Of Government From The South / Rotimi Amaechi At Boston Airport (Photos) / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.