Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,265 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng (23653 Views)

Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 / Artillery Weapons Bought By Jonathan, Used By Late Col. Abu-led Troops (Video) / Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by shephyk: 9:13am On Sep 13, 2016
very sad
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by anonimi: 9:18am On Sep 13, 2016
InvertedHammer:
Sack all of them. Federal employment is a huge drain in the economy. It is a reward process whereby relatives of people in power are offered positions where they have no meaningful input but keep drawing huge monthly salaries.

The FG should embark on creating jobs in manufacturing, farming, etc that produce tangible products. Hiring folks to just sleep in different ministries is counterproductive. If in doubt, take a walk into Ministries in Nigeria as early as 10am. It will seem like there is a sleeping competition going on. Why? Because there are no duties/responsibilities for them. They are just filling the quota system.
\

Good point except that the government should not itself create jobs outside its REGULATORY and taxation roles as far as business is concerned.
It should limit itself to creating the enabling ENVIRONMENT for competitive businesses to thrive and grow by providing:

- education for all children to have a pool of skilled labour.
- railways.
- roads
- tap water

1 Like

Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

http://www.punchng.com/4-904-workers-recruited-jonathan-may-lose-jobs/
.... What is this nonsense? So the Acting chairman of Federal character commission HYPOCRITICALLY didn't tell us the percentage employed in South East and South West. Or those regions are not part of Nigeria?

He was quickly to point out that the whole North was shortchanged by South South as if federal character commission is all about the interest of North East, West and central only. It is on record that the south east and South West are the most vicious VICTIM of this so called federal character and nothing has been done about that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by JERRY1925(m): 9:24am On Sep 13, 2016
InvertedHammer:
Sack all of them. Federal employment is a huge drain in the economy. It is a reward process whereby relatives of people in power are offered positions where they have no meaningful input but keep drawing huge monthly salaries.

The FG should embark on creating jobs in manufacturing, farming, etc that produce tangible products. Hiring folks to just sleep in different ministries is counterproductive. If in doubt, take a walk into Ministries in Nigeria as early as 10am. It will seem like there is a sleeping competition going on. Why? Because there are no duties/responsibilities for them. They are just filling the quota system.
\

Someone has bin unemployed for a while....sorry...pray tins get better...if all of dem get sacked..it wil affect u in one way or another..
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by noahdgreat(m): 9:26am On Sep 13, 2016
What a mess?
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by doctorfemi20(m): 9:28am On Sep 13, 2016
I weep for my beloved country
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by DesChyko: 9:43am On Sep 13, 2016
Mods, make una reason am nah. Person suppose direct one line to this man without hiding comments/ban nah undecided
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2016
I keep telling my friends that the very day SOUTHERN NIGERIA will stop been politically correct and challange the myriads of injustices in the form of quota system, federal character, catchment area, federal allocation, unequal allocation of states and local govt, unequal allocation in military recruitment then the won't understand the hash realities on ground.

1 Like

Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by tbliss22(m): 9:56am On Sep 13, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Are u kidding me? This country is just a BIG JOKE, for crying out loud where was Federal Character Commission when the recruitment took place then? I believe the Head of Federal Civil Service Commission then should be questioned too if they must be fair with the accusations.

Our unemployed youths should forget this present government once and for all. It's obvious there is no job security on federal jobs anymore.

God bless Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by Izontubo(m): 9:58am On Sep 13, 2016
These freaking north men have been holding on to jobs because of the federal character shiiiit even when they are highly incompetent...

I believe this is one reason the nnpc recruitment was also squashed..when these northerners can't meet up with cut offs they flare..

I advocate for regionalism and true federalism to put an end to quotasystem and all its madness...
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by Snow5(m): 10:27am On Sep 13, 2016
And the Bible is coming to pass in its own wordings..

"even the little the poor has shall be taken away from them"....

Buhari is fulfilling that scripture..

Zahra buhari. U better be praying oo... Cos the sins of your father will be upon you and your next generation....
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by WorldRichest: 10:29am On Sep 13, 2016
mikki123:
We southerners need to come together.. Yorubas, igbos, South - South people... We need to form a forum to protect our interest. United we stand, divided we fall....

My friend, dont let me get mad at you. Yorubas and Igbos or Ibos or whatever can never ever come together. Let the foolish Igbos keep up hating and abusing other ethnic groups of the country. Igbos hate Yorubas, Igbos hate Ijaws, Igbos hate Itshekiris, Igbos hate Ibiobios, Igbos hate Hausas, Igbos hate Fulanis, Igbos hate Kanuris, Igbos hate Igalas, Igbos hate Tivs, Igbos hate Junkuns, Igbos hate Igbiras, as a matter of fact Igbos hate Igbos. They are children of hate and anger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by datigbogirl: 10:31am On Sep 13, 2016
EternalTruths:

We can never work with a treacherous people who betrayed the South twicetwice angry

This is where our problem lies..... The North see themseves as one while the South is divided..... How do you expect to conquer the North? The Yorubaz too are a set of stvpid people who seem to have been cursed to lick abooki's anus for life.... The Hausas see Yorubaz as "useful idiots" The Yorubaz see Igbos hate them hence they'll rather suck abooki's dvck who'll at keast pamper them for the time being..... Hence the North continue to fulfill their born to rule mentality.... God help the Southern Protectorate.

1 Like

Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 10:43am On Sep 13, 2016
The oil wells that is owned 90% by the north, was there equity in that? Buhari was a mistake.
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by jimohyunusa: 11:05am On Sep 13, 2016
ok
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by july66: 11:10am On Sep 13, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

The federal character commission should first focus their attention on the lopsided nature of the appointments made by Buhari as it relates to headship MDAs(Ministries, Departments & Agencies) & this one made by GEJ & tackle them together. Both are of equal importance. We need to check impunity in this country. If they cannot query the present lopsided nature of appointments made by Buhari, they have failed in their constitutional responsibilities & should be disbanded because they were set to prevent this kind of situations.

1 Like

Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by Odinioha: 11:15am On Sep 13, 2016
Instead of focusing on employments during Jonathan's administration, why not carry out a holistic audit of employees of federal government parastasals to see where the real inbalance in federal character realy lies. it will be a witchhunt against the SS to relieve any one of his/her job on such grounnds, perharps SS was given greater percentage as a measure to cushion previous injustices...who knows?
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by Oblang(m): 11:34am On Sep 13, 2016
[s]
datigbogirl:

This is where our problem lies..... The North see themseves as one while the South is divided..... How do you expect to conquer the North? The Yorubaz too are a set of stvpid people who seem to have been cursed to lick abooki's anus for life.... The Hausas see Yorubaz as "useful idiots" The Yorubaz see Igbos hate them hence they'll rather suck abooki's dvck who'll at keast pamper them for the time being..... Hence the North continue to fulfill their born to rule mentality.... God help the Southern Protectorate.
[/s]
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by Einl(m): 11:34am On Sep 13, 2016
Liability:
dont be shy say it. It is the yoruba, benue, and kogi people that brought this mistake called buhari on us,

And they are the ones suffering the most.
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:51am On Sep 13, 2016
wicked leaders of a bastard nation!
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by Realist2: 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
Buhari is a disaster, he has destroyed and he is destroying what is left.
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by BABANGBALI: 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
Ghen ghen lala is coming back home
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by CioAngels(f): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
President buhari employed only his families in security and parastatals. He approved secret employement in Fg by CBN, FIRS AND NPS of mainly unqualified northerners, it was right and it met fed charater. All the Secretly employed should also be sacked as what was wrong during Jonathan's Rein is also Very Very Wrong in Buhari's rein. Mr president, it is very clear that you are president of the North and this is why you want the presidency to place northerners in positions, pass or fail. I can now see why JAMB was cancelled so that Northerners can be easily admitted without going through jamb examinations. President is for the North and Vp is for Who? Nobody, am not surprised when Vp supported his boss to say Nigeria is not negociable, No meaningful input. Sorry, i respect Age and Wisdom not positions becos Nigerian politicians are in positions not by merit but by Inpositions and Rigging. Like el-rufai said, is the Vp really a Commissioner in the mix of Northerners? He can't stand for the Southerners as the President is for the Northerners. Very Shameful.
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by undigeh: 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]

I remember when OBJ came to to power, he observed that Abacha flooded NEPA with employments mainly from the core North, especially as there was no advertisement for vacancies because there were no vacancies existing at the time of employment.

OBJ was set to revise the exercise as corrective measures.
The affected employees cried out to Northern National Assembly members representing them, and their prompt intervention save them.
Because OBJ did not succeed, he initiated a legislative process of privatizing the sector.

When Yar'adua came, he refused to continue the privatization process from where his predecessor stop, because Northerners are not like Southerners, they are there to protect the interests of their members.
This was exactly what made Yar'adua to abandoned the process until Jonathan came to complete the process and sold the sector which lead and broughtus to this sorrowful state.

I am speaking as one who was an insider.
Those who will be affected by this wicked exercise should cry out to the SS Assembly members.
I bring this information to their notice to show them how to come out of their fear.

Good luck to you.
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by ministeriallist: 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by banio: 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2016
The worst form of Violence is poverty inflicted by the government
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by zeongeon: 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
With every passing day I get more convinced that this country needs to just break or we go into regionalism or better still we lease Nigeria to some other country to be managed.

1 Like

Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by goldman777: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2016
Buhari is pushing nigeria to self destruction he hasnt created jobs yet he want to make non northerners jobless.How long will it take before he realises he is president of nigeria and not the north he is losing support fast and may be impeached.what happened to the 3million jobs a year he promised.As an apc supporter buhari has put tears in my eye,s all the pdp clans have made me speechless.i think i need to apply for wailers form this baba fall my hand angry

1 Like

Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by profudus(m): 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by profudus(m): 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
profudus:
what has been done to CBN lopsided recruitment?
If Federal character principle takes precedence over meritocracy productivity in the service will be affected adversely
Re: 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng by Henrichemeka(m): 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
Where was this federal character commission when Buhari was appointing his brothers in the name of the people he trust? We claim to be one butdon't trust ourselves. Sorry to this country!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Or No Buhari, "North Must Retain Presidency Till 2023"- Arewa Youth Forum / 'Lawal Daura Took Bribes, Betrayed Buhari' - Abdulwahab Abdulrahman, Former Aide / Kogi APC Battles Oshiomhole Over Plot To Deny Yahaya Bello Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.