Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,846 members, 7,813,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 (18167 Views)

15 Senators That May Not Return To The Senate In 2019 / "I May Contest Against El-rufai In 2019" - Shehu Sani Thunders / "Patience Jonathan To Run For Senate In 2019" - @JajaPhD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by MrPolitics: 12:14am On Dec 21, 2016
Former Nigerian first lady, Dame Patience Jonathan is a political enigma

- Her political consciousness was visible during her time in office

- Mrs Jonathan might proceed to the Senate in 2019

Multiple sources in Rivers state have told NAIJ.com that former Nigerian first lady, Dame Patience Jonathan is under pressure to contest for the Rivers East senatorial election in 2019.

Mrs Jonathan, 59, is from Okirika in Rivers state and is eligible to contest for elections in the state as well as that of her husband; Bayelsa constitutionally.

One of the source told NAIJ.com that a team of politicians have already started mobilising themselves for the task ahead.

His words: ''There is already a team on ground working towards achieving this objective. Mummy (Mrs Jonathan) is aware and has not told them to stop which means she is okay with the idea.

''The team has started reaching out to influential leaders in Rivers East senatorial district and beyond to ensure that their plans come to fruition.''

Another source who spoke to NAIJ.com on the rumour confirmed the plans.

''The plan is on course. In fact, we have people joining us on a daily basis because many know this is a done deal.

''Mama Peace is no push over in Rivers politics and her entrance into the political fray will only boost the chances and image of the PDP.

''To be honest, she hasn't said anything, but the pressure on her is enormous that I doubt if she will be able to reject it,'' he said.

Asked if the ongoing investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) against the former first lady won't affect her chances, the source said the she is only being persecuted.

His words: ''The case has even made her more popular because we all know she is being victimised and the allegations by the EFCC are untrue.''

Popularly called 'Mama Peace', Mrs Jonathan has been neck deep into the politics of Rivers state since the days of Rotimi Amaechi as governor.

Political analysts won't be surprised at her entrance into politics as she has always been at the periphery of political movements.

The former first lady also enjoys a mutual relationship with the Rivers state governor, Nyesome Wike, who by virtue of his position, is the political leader of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state.

Efforts to reach her spokespersons as at the time of this report proved abortive.

https://politics.naij.com/1078254-patience-jonathan-contest-senate-2019-source.html

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by pode(m): 12:17am On Dec 21, 2016
Good for her, I wish her all the best of luck in advance

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by rusher14: 2:16am On Dec 21, 2016
I hope she wins.

That's the best from Okrika in that case.

29 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by Atiku2019: 2:38am On Dec 21, 2016
Nice smiley

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by Pavarottii(m): 3:38am On Dec 21, 2016
Abeg clear road for woman wey sabi; if nothing but d love I av 4 ur husband; u can go ahead. The senator from that region. Has gone 4times; na only him Waka come?

36 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by rifasenate11(m): 3:51am On Dec 21, 2016
Oya Dab!!
Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by Adminisher: 4:09am On Dec 21, 2016
Chaee!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by Amaso99(m): 4:15am On Dec 21, 2016
Lol

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by patchsk(f): 4:32am On Dec 21, 2016
Would be most amazing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by Pavore9: 4:42am On Dec 21, 2016
With her there, the Senate will be very "colourful'! cheesy

72 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by MrPolitics: 7:25am On Dec 21, 2016
I think she'll most likely win her senatorial district. The woman is known to be very powerful and loved in rivers and the south south in general

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by alfarouq(m): 8:07am On Dec 21, 2016
I hope those political hawks campaigning for her are sincere and not only after her large purse

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by richidinho(m): 8:11am On Dec 21, 2016
I only came here to blast sombori with a negative comment, but was dissapointed grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by Aburi001: 8:11am On Dec 21, 2016
Can't wait to be entertained.... shocked shocked

Numerous grammatical blunders shall be added to her dictionary in addition to the ones below. .....

1. My husband and Sambo is a good people.

2. The President was once a child and the senators
were once a children.

3. My fellow widows.

4. A good mother takes care of hischildren.

5. The people sitting before you were once a children.

6. Yes we are all happy for the effort, it is not easy to carry second in an international competition like this one,

7. The bombers who born them? Wasn't it not a woman? They were once a children now a adult now they are
bombing women and children making some children a widow.

8. My heart feels sorry for these children who have become widows for loosing their arents for one reason or another.

9. We should have love for our fellow Nigerians
irrespective of their NATIONALITY

10. Thank God the Doctors and Nurses are responding to treatment.

Etc.....

I can't just wait biko grin grin

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by Dinocarex(m): 8:11am On Dec 21, 2016
Good for her!!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by brainpulse: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2016
That means they don't have sensible and responsible people to represent them in all of Bayelsa

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2016
Hahaha
Blunder
Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by danot1030: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2016
pdp cannot have a better candidate.

The on coming red chamber should prepare for locomotive vocabularies, dramas and humours.

But the shepopotamus should not consider the Senate as an escape route for her to answer the corruption cases against her.

20 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by Ritchiee: 8:13am On Dec 21, 2016
I so much love her to come back to the political ecosystem.She would surely make the senate lively.
This woman has increased the life span of an average Nigerian. Few examples of her "Award Winning Speeches" includes;
- Nigeria is a great CONTINENT.
- My husband Jonathan and Sambo IS good people.
- I rather KILL myself than commit SUICIDE.
- My fellow widows.
- My fellow womens.
- I travelled to Abroad to Rest in Peace.
- My husband is the best COUPLE on Earth.
- The Doctors are RESPONDING to treatment.
- For those who said I SPEECH bad English, I left them for God.
- Ojukwu is dead, but his Manhood still lives on.
- Na only you waka come?
- Chei! Chei!! Chei!!! This blood we are "sharing"
- diaris god oooo... hmmmm diaris god.
- On behalf of N2million I donate my family.
- To all those who think Goodluck Jonathan has failed, I have a question for you. When a child fails an exam, isn't the child supposed to be repeated? Lets repeat Goodluck Jonathan.
- Nyeson Wike is the younger brother of my husband. This man I have tasted him and he is very sweet. Support him.
Please, support Nigeria's Ex First Lady...Thanks.

75 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by idris4r83(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2016
Can't wait to see mama peace throwing those grammatical jargons from the hallowed chamber.

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by Danny287(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2016
Gbagam.... if she does then 2019 senate would be in trouble

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by mankan2k7(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2016
May she wins in Jesus name

Ma since u lost d presidency, nobody is entertaining us. Aside d wonderful husband u got who always felt d pains of Nigeria, ur impact is also felt among d comic world. We love u.

Pls ma, make sure u contest o

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by obembet(f): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2016
I pray make patrick bagbona contest as well. So house go sweet

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:14am On Dec 21, 2016
cheesy grin
Thats one of the southerners i love the most. So so straight and raw. May Allah see her through!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by mu2sa2: 8:14am On Dec 21, 2016
Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by alaskido(m): 8:15am On Dec 21, 2016
Na wetin she get to go talk for there? All that her big grammar go collapse the senate house then they will say the building was under construction or not built well. Second Patrick Obiahagbon loading.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by idris4r83(m): 8:15am On Dec 21, 2016
Mama peace is contesting, Patrick obahiagbon is contesting, shem obafaiye (oga at the top) is also contesting. Senate would be interesting come 2019

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by LOVEGINO(m): 8:16am On Dec 21, 2016
Chai! Make she go scatter us with english there. Sai Mama Peace cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by mu2sa2: 8:16am On Dec 21, 2016
Senate proceedings rather boring. But with Pej that's bound to change. Her "correct" grammar will provide comic relief any time, any day. She will also have the opportunity to recoup the billions of naira she has"lost" to effc.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan May Contest For Senate In 2019 by SQMrProducer(m): 8:16am On Dec 21, 2016
Woman wey no fit speak correct english. How would she make her presentations during plenary

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande / Amaechi Reacts To Blackmail Reports - Vanguard / 2019 Election Will Be Last Manual Elections — INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.