Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? (3044 Views)

Anytime I Pass Throu These Roads To My Hometown, I Cant But Curse Jonathan & PDP / See What Bad Roads Are Causing In Aba (photo) / These Roads Are In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by 404eater(m): 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2009
the answer is there

uganda
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by ezeagu(m): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2009
404eater:

the answer is there

uganda

The answer is where? 4 guesses and another of their cities.

Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by jaybee3(m): 9:02pm On Oct 08, 2009
panama
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by Beaf: 9:04pm On Oct 08, 2009
Botswana? Madagascar? Namibia?
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by udezue(m): 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2009
Benin Republic the home of Becomrich
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by blackspade(m): 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2009
Swaziland.
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by ezeagu(m): 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2009
Okay you guy's have used up all your point's. Here's one last photo and another hint and you get one more try. From your guesses, you guy's may cry once you find out the answer's.

Bonus

Hint: The country's name starts with S and has a population of less than 10 million.

Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by blackspade(m): 9:11pm On Oct 08, 2009
Swaziland!! cheesy
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by ezeagu(m): 9:11pm On Oct 08, 2009
blackspade:

Swaziland!! cheesy

DING! DING! DING! DING!

The city (most of the pictures) is actually Mbabane, Swaziland!
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by ezeagu(m): 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2009
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-26.341384,31.144245&spn=0.009961,0.02238&t=h&z=16
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by ezeagu(m): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2009

Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by ezeagu(m): 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2009
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by ezeagu(m): 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2009
blackspade:

Swaziland.

I didn't even see you, you won!! grin lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by SkyBlue1: 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2009
Just out of curiosity, the image with KFC in the background; what are we supposed to take from it? That there is KFC in Swaziland or that the pedestrian walk was well paved? I know it sounds trivial but I am just wondering whether you see KFC as a sign or indicator of development
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by ezeagu(m): 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2009
Sky Blue:

Just out of curiosity, the image with KFC in the background; what are we supposed to take from it? That there is KFC in Swaziland or that the pedestrian walk was well paved? I know it sounds trivial but I am just wondering whether you see KFC as a sign or indicator of development

Its an indicator that a foreign company is willing to invest in a country. It's obvious that a country has to be up to a certain standard to be able to have a KFC there, the same as if there was any international company. I'm not saying KFC is the best restaurant, but they do have certain standards that Nigeria does not meat meet.
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by blackspade(m): 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2009
Victory!! cheesy Guess the country (some should get the city) of these roads (hint: Africa)

Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by ezeagu(m): 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2009
Somalia?
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by blackspade(m): 10:01pm On Oct 08, 2009
No, think ecowas. grin
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by Beaf: 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2009
Maybe another annoying sign of Ghana's progress?
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by blackspade(m): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2009
Why would the progress of Ghana be annoying? Anyways, it's not Ghana.
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by Onlytruth(m): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2009
ezeagu:

DING! DING! DING! DING!

The city (most of the pictures) is actually Mbabane, Swaziland!

Shows a thoroughly landlocked country can still be heaven. It all depends on the cutural homogeneity of the place which allows for real peace and security. Food for thought for those who crave access to the sea!
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by Fhemmmy: 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2009
Beaf:

Maybe another annoying sign of Ghana's progress?

why u dey beef ghana now, na dem say make ya own nation be messed up?
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by ezeagu(m): 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2009
Benin? grin
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by inspiredm(m): 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2009
Swaziland

Namibia looks The Same
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by blackspade(m): 10:47pm On Oct 08, 2009
No, but I will give you one last hint. This country is popular with European tourists. cool
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by Nijasingh: 11:38pm On Oct 08, 2009
Gambia!!
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by Nijasingh: 11:39pm On Oct 08, 2009
Kenya
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by Nijasingh: 11:39pm On Oct 08, 2009
Benin City, NIGERIA !!!!!!!!!
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by mekuslogan: 11:45pm On Oct 08, 2009
The country is Senegal, which together with Gambia is the only real tourist centre in West Africa
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by blackspade(m): 12:46am On Oct 09, 2009
mekuslogan:

The country is Senegal, which together with Gambia is the only real tourist centre in West Africa

We have a winner! Senegal is currently in the midst of a huge property/infrastructure boom fueled by their European diaspora and French investment, and they're building stuff all over the place there.

Here are some renderings of the highway project:

I think they are finished now because they started construction in 2006.
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by ezeagu(m): 12:52am On Oct 09, 2009
Eastern Nigeria is supposed to be the rally point of the African diaspora, especially for African Americans and West Indians as their culture was hugely impacted by ours. But we can say good bye to that now, because Senegal, Gambia and Ghana is the only place the diaspora will be heading to.
Re: Can You Guess Which Country These Roads Are From? by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 09, 2009
The New Republic of Ekiti

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov Suspends Workers Over Compulsory Prayers / d / We Will Fish Out Aliens Who Registered – Immigration Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.