Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

d - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / d (3044 Views)

Buhari PR Article On Financial Times Paid For By Delta And Cross River State Gov / We Do Not Need ‘Goodluck’ But Hardwork – Atiku / Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

d by Becomrichn: 8:11am On Feb 16, 2011
g
Re: d by fstranger3(m): 8:24am On Feb 16, 2011
I am not ready to leave, and I am Yoruba

What are we going to be eating if we leave

PS: BTW, I have taken your name off the Egbe Omo oduduwa page on Wiki again.

Africamr, dont touch it again ok, else I will ask the FBI to deal with you
Re: d by kodewrita(m): 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2011
;d
Re: d by hollandis(f): 9:15pm On Feb 16, 2011
@becomerich
All is said was yorubas will be hungry without the igbos and south-south,there will be poverty in their land,hence they have proposed to stick to the oil producing peeps ,the annoying thing is their tribalistic nonsense,you have nothing,yet u r tribalistic ARRANT NONSENSE
Re: d by daroz(m): 9:58pm On Feb 16, 2011
Becomrichn:

hollandis:Edo,delta and yorubas do not need Nigeria , i dont know what you are talking about. why dont you cut off. yoruba people are ready to leave nigeria. who says yoruba people dont want to leave. we are ready to leave.

As it not occur to u that no one is listening to u? Dont u think its time you drop dis lone agitation, cos its totally meaningless
Re: d by ekubear1: 10:01pm On Feb 16, 2011
hollandis:

@becomerich
All is said was yorubas will be hungry without the igbos and south-south,there will be poverty in their land,hence they have proposed to stick to the oil producing peeps ,the annoying thing is their tribalistic nonsense,you have nothing,yet u r tribalistic ARRANT NONSENSE

Me personally, I don't think we need Igbos at all. One can make a (good) argument for Delta, Bayelsa, and Rivers. But Igboland? Unnecessary.
Re: d by EzeUche2(m): 10:06pm On Feb 16, 2011
eku_bear:

Me personally, I don't think we need Igbos at all. One can make a (good) argument for Delta, Bayelsa, and Rivers. But Igboland? Unnecessary.

Not true. I think I shall refresh your memory about the boundaries of Igboland, since many people do not know where Igboland begins or ends. As you can see, Igboland is a huge part of Delta, Rivers and parts of Bayelsa state.

Re: d by Becomrichn: 10:10pm On Feb 16, 2011
c
Re: d by ekubear1: 10:12pm On Feb 16, 2011
EzeUche_:

Not true. I think I shall refresh your memory about the boundaries of Igboland, since many people do not know where Igboland begins or ends. As you can see, Igboland is a huge part of Delta, Rivers and parts of Bayelsa state.

Hrm. If you could superimpose oil-fields onto that map as well, that'd sort of be useful. I was under the impression that most of the in the ND, outside of Igboland and mostly in "Ijawland."

Let's assume temporarily that the border you posted above is correct. How many barrels of oil per day does that territory produce?
Re: d by EzeUche2(m): 10:16pm On Feb 16, 2011
eku_bear:

Hrm. If you could superimpose oil-fields onto that map as well, that'd sort of be useful. I was under the impression that most of the in the ND, outside of Igboland and mostly in "Ijawland."

Let's assume temporarily that the border you posted above is correct. How many barrels of oil per day does that territory produce?

Ok, I shall provide you with a map of some of the oilfields present in the Niger Delta. It is very dangerous to have that impression, because even though there is a lot of oil in "Ijawland," there are still other regions within the Niger Delta that has oil besides Ijawland. Just look at the map and see how there are oil fields near Owerri and Aba.

And I cannot answer your second question, because I do not believe anyone has done a study that broke down the region like that. Remember this is Nigeria we are talking about.

Re: d by ekubear1: 10:20pm On Feb 16, 2011
^--- Seems like the lion's share is outside of Igboland, yes?

If so. . . not sure what the argument is for why you are needed.

BTW, I don't necessarily think the SW would suffer too much income-wise sans oil derivations. Though I don't have enough data to answer that question one way or another.
Re: d by EzeUche2(m): 10:24pm On Feb 16, 2011
^^^

Are we looking at the same map? Owerri is an Igbo town, Aba is an Igbo town, Port Harcourt has been traditionally an Igbo town. I see a lot of the oil fields amongst the Southern Igbo oil communities.

You said that you don't need Igboland, but forget that a huge part of Delta, Rivers and also a small amount of Bayelsa state is Igboland.
Re: d by ekubear1: 10:26pm On Feb 16, 2011
^-- Most of those red dots are outside of Igboland, right? Do we agree on that?
Re: d by EzeUche2(m): 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2011
eku_bear:

^-- Most of those red dots are outside of Igboland, right? Do we agree on that?

It looks 50/50 to me. Not including the red dots representing offshore oil platforms. The Warri area and Port Harcourt area have by far the largest number of dots. Followed by Owerri, which is actually surprising. I do need a demarcation of Imo and Bayelsa State. However, keep in mind that Bayelsa also have traditional Igbo communities as well, which are mixed with Ijaw communities. President Jonathan comes from such an area.
Re: d by MP007(m): 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2011
I don't why people are getting carried away by the events unfolding in the arab world and esp sudan we have not reached the boiling point yet and hopefully we don't get there I just do not think its a good idea to start a tribal war on nairaland as every tribe in nigeria will have something sig to lose if nigeria breaks up. At least let us try to make the country work first before talking about breakup.
Re: d by ekubear1: 10:33pm On Feb 16, 2011
EzeUche_:

It looks 50/50 to me. Not including the red dots representing offshore oil platforms. The Warri area and Port Harcourt area have by far the largest number of dots. Followed by Owerri, which is actually surprising. I do need a demarcation of Imo and Bayelsa State. However, keep in mind that Bayelsa also have traditional Igbo communities as well, which are mixed with Ijaw communities. President Jonathan comes from such an area.

Didn't know that. Do they speak Igbo in Otueke (GEJ's hometown)?
Re: d by EzeUche2(m): 10:40pm On Feb 16, 2011
eku_bear:

Didn't know that. Do they speak Igbo in Otueke (GEJ's hometown)?

They speak both Igbo and Ogbia (Ijaw dialect) in GEJ's hometown. The Ekpeye people (Igbo subgroup) are found in that region as well as Ijaws. They have lived side by side for many centuries now. That is why GEJ speaks both Igbo and Ijaw very fluently.
Re: d by aljharem11(m): 11:10pm On Feb 16, 2011
EzeUche_:

They speak both Igbo and Ogbia (Ijaw dialect) in GEJ's hometown. The Ekpeye people (Igbo subgroup) are found in that region as well as Ijaws. They have lived side by side for many centuries now. That is why GEJ speaks both Igbo and Ijaw very fluently.

ezeuche how can you say this, do you know that nupe people speak yoruba fluently + nupe and yet you can not say nupe will go with Yoruba people. there are ibibio, efik and others that can speak fluent igbo but are they igbo,.,. certainly not

moreover you map is fraud
Re: d by AndreUweh(m): 11:17pm On Feb 16, 2011
alj harem1:

ezeuche how can you say this, do you know that nupe people speak yoruba fluently + nupe and yet you can not say nupe will go with Yoruba people. there are ibibio, efik and others that can speak fluent igbo but are they igbo,.,. certainly not

There is nothing wrong with his map. It is accurate and precise.
Nupe people do not speak Yoruba but Nupe. They even speak Hausa more than any other language except Nupe.
Re: d by EzeUche2(m): 11:18pm On Feb 16, 2011
alj harem1:

Do not discuss things you do not know. Ekpeye people are an Igbo speaking sub-group who live within the region. GEJ is from Ogbia, and the people of these area speak both Ogbia (Ijaw dialect) and Ekpeye (Igbo dialect) interchangeably. GEJ is clearly an Ijaw man, but that does not mean he doesn't speak Igbo.

What are you arguing about?

Ekpeye people have always been included with the Igbo, and even fought on the Biafran side if you did not know that.

My map is not fraudulent, if you have a problem with the map, the map is actually from a major oil company , so do not get upset with the messenger, because it doesn't serve your purpose.
Re: d by fstranger3(m): 11:23pm On Feb 16, 2011
Why do Ibos like to claim other people.

I lived in Bayelsa for a year when I was young and people in Otuoke do not, I repeat, do not, speak Igbo.

What is wrong with you people.

Damn!
Re: d by aljharem11(m): 11:25pm On Feb 16, 2011
Andre Uweh:

There is nothing wrong with his map. It is accurate and precise.
Nupe people do not speak Yoruba but Nupe. They even speak Hausa more than any other language except Nupe.

ok i understand you, but the map of igboland was a bit generous in the sense that part of ibibio, edo lands were in it.

about nupe people, most of them speak Nupe language but majority of them speak hausa and yoruba, very few speak fula even some speak igala a form of okun yoruba language just like iskekiri which is a form of ijebu language

but my point is even us northerners will not take part of people territory just because of the language we share in common
EzeUche_:

Do not discuss things you do not know. Ekpeye people are an Igbo speaking sub-group who live within the region. GEJ is from Ogbia, and the people of these area speak both Ogbia (Ijaw dialect) and Ekpeye (Igbo dialect) interchangeably. GEJ is clearly an Ijaw man, but that does not mean he doesn't speak Igbo.

What are you arguing about?

Ekpeye people have always been included with the Igbo, and even fought on the Biafran side if you did not know that.

My map is not fraudulent, if you have a problem with the map, the map is actually from a major oil company , so do not get upset with the messenger, because it doesn't serve your purpose.

ok i agree, please no kill me grin grin grin

but the map i am not to sure undecided
Re: d by EzeUche2(m): 11:27pm On Feb 16, 2011
fstranger3:

Why do Ibos like to claim other people.

I lived in Bayelsa for a year when I was young and people in Otuoke do not, I repeat, do not, speak Igbo.

What is wrong with you people.

Damn!

^^^

No one is claiming anyone. My father's eldest brother is married to an Ekpeye woman.

Ekpeye is a language, a people, a culture and an ethnic kingdom in southeastern Nigeria. The Ekpeye are usually included as a subgroup of the Igbo people on linguistic and cultural grounds. They speak an Igboid language. Ekpeye people living in the Ahoada and Ogba-Egbema areas of Rivers State in Nigeria were a population of 80,000 (1991 census), that has increased 63% to approximately 130,000, according to the 2006 census estimates.

Ekpeye people are, perhaps, the most dynamic of southern Nigerian peoples. [b]Its culture is a complex mix of Original Ekpeye, neighbouring Ijaw, and influential Igbo cultures. Ekpeye culture is most similar to Igbo culture because their interactions with the Igbo have been the earliest, the most intense, and the longest. [/b]Yet the differences are very plain. For example, among the mask traditions of the Ekpeye the Egbukele, which reached Ekpeye from Ijaw via Abua, is the major one, distinctive for the horizontal fish-shaped headdresses and other animal representations, which are quite distinct from Igbo representations. Contrastingly, the Aarungu and the Owu masks exhibit a wide range of forms and imagery, human and animal, many of which are also found in Igbo.
Re: d by fstranger3(m): 11:28pm On Feb 16, 2011
alj harem1:

ok i understand you, but the map of igboland was a bit generous in the sense that part of ibibio, edo lands were in it.

about nupe people, most of them speak Nupe language but majority of them speak hausa and yoruba, very few speak fula even some speak igala a form of okun yoruba language just like iskekiri which is a form of ijebu language

but my point is even us northerners will not take part of people territory undecided

ok i agree, please no kill me grin grin grin

but the map i am not to sure undecided

Alhaji, he is lying as always.

No one speaks Igbo in Bayelsa, another ploy to claim more oil wells.

NDeltans fought on the Biafra side, yeah right, just like how Yoruba people asked them to secede.   .   .  what else is new Alhaji grin

How old was he during Biafra and how many people form bayelsa did he see fight for the Igbos?

Alhaji ask him questions, dont just believe his lies.
Re: d by EzeUche2(m): 11:31pm On Feb 16, 2011
^^^

I guess Muki was right about you. No point arguing with someone who enjoys arguing for the sake of arguing. And I doubt you have ever been to Bayelsa State. Most people in the East have never been to Bayelsa, because the region is in such a deplorable state.

Like I said, I can be tolerated, but you are intolerable.

[b]Now go back to stalking the young women on Nairaland.[/b]That is something you do well unfortunately. 

I am done with this thread. undecided
Re: d by aljharem11(m): 11:32pm On Feb 16, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

No one is claiming anyone. My father's eldest brother is married to an Ekpeye woman.

Ekpeye is a language, a people, a culture and an ethnic kingdom in southeastern Nigeria. The Ekpeye are usually included as a subgroup of the Igbo people on linguistic and cultural grounds. They speak an Igboid language. Ekpeye people living in the Ahoada and Ogba-Egbema areas of Rivers State in Nigeria were a population of 80,000 (1991 census), that has increased 63% to approximately 130,000, according to the 2006 census estimates.

Ekpeye people are, perhaps, the most dynamic of southern Nigerian peoples. [b]Its culture is a complex mix of Original Ekpeye, neighbouring Ijaw, and influential Igbo cultures. Ekpeye culture is most similar to Igbo culture because their interactions with the Igbo have been the earliest, the most intense, and the longest. [/b]Yet the differences are very plain. For example, among the mask traditions of the Ekpeye the Egbukele, which reached Ekpeye from Ijaw via Abua, is the major one, distinctive for the horizontal fish-shaped headdresses and other animal representations, which are quite distinct from Igbo representations. Contrastingly, the Aarungu and the Owu masks exhibit a wide range of forms and imagery, human and animal, many of which are also found in Igbo.

ezeuche please my brother listen and learn how to be diplomatic in your approach when having a conversation with someone. well you have a lot to learn in terms of been a leader which i think you are not.

now, you can not say because some people speak you language and you are married to one of them makes the whole ethnic group part of yours.

i know you have a good heart and just want what is best for your people just like others but you have to accept the truth sometimes.
Re: d by fstranger3(m): 11:35pm On Feb 16, 2011
alj harem1:

ezeuche please my brother listen and learn how to be diplomatic in your approach when having a conversation with someone. well you have a lot to learn in terms of been a leader which i think you are not.

now, you can not say because some people speak you language and you are married to one of them makes the whole ethnic group part of yours.

i know you have a good heart and just want what is best for your people just like others but you have to accept the truth sometimes.

Just like how Obama's great great grand father is Ibo. My grandmother is Ibo and my mother speaks fluent Ibo, does that make me Ibo? I hope not.

Always tryna claim oil wells!
Re: d by EzeUche2(m): 11:35pm On Feb 16, 2011
alj harem1:

Ekpeye have never denied being Igbo. And they suffered dearly from this non-denial. God bless these people and I sympathize with their plight.

[b]The Ekpeye sided with the Igbo during the Biafra secession, and felt the subsequent repression of the predominatly non-Igbo government afterwards. [/b]Their traditional territory lies in an oil rich area, and the Ekpeye have complained about Nigerian policies that provide inadequate remuneration for the destruction of their environment. The oil business has also the disrupted traditional allocation of wealth. Recently the Movement for the Survival and Advancement of Ekpeye Ethnic Nationality has been formed to resist changes that threaten Ekpeye culture.

Source:

Alapiki, Henry E. (2005) "State Creation in Nigeria: Failed Approaches to National Integration and Local Autonomy" African Studies Review 48(3) pp. 49-65
Re: d by AndreUweh(m): 11:37pm On Feb 16, 2011
@Alh Harem: The map Uchenna posted has Agbor in the West; Enugwu Ezike (Nsukka) in the north; Arochukwu in the East and Half of Port Harcourt in the south.
It did not even include Igbanke in Edo state, Okpokwu in Benue state and Ndoki in Akwa Ibom state. So you can see that he has not claimed non Igbo towns but excuded some Igbo towns.
Re: d by aljharem11(m): 11:38pm On Feb 16, 2011
Andre Uweh:

@Alh Harem: The map Uchenna posted has Agbor in the West; Enugwu Ezike (Nsukka) in the north; Arochukwu in the East and Half of Port Harcourt in the south.
It did not even include Igbanke in Edo state, Okpokwu in Benue state and Ndoki in Akwa Ibom state. So you can see that he has not claimed non Igbo towns but excuded some Igbo towns.
ok well understood cool
Re: d by aljharem11(m): 11:39pm On Feb 16, 2011
fstranger3:

Just like how Obama's great great grand father is Ibo. My grandmother is Ibo and my mother speaks fluent Ibo, does that make me Ibo? I hope not.

fstranger you like wahala too much grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: d by AndreUweh(m): 11:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
fstranger3:

No one is claiming oil here but if there are people claiming oil, then it has to be the likes of Danjuma and co but not any Igbo.
It seems You are a Yoruba, and will be in a good position to tell any Igbo who claims that Kabba town in Kogi state do not speak Yoruba.
What Ekpeye is to Igbo is what Kabba or Okun is to Yoruba.

(1) (Reply)

We Will Fish Out Aliens Who Registered – Immigration Boss / First Aircraft Lands At Asaba Airport / Second Niger Bridge: Anambra Assembly Battles Fg Over Ppp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.