Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed (31527 Views)

How Buhari Got Nigeria Out Of Recession - Lai Mohammed / How Nigeria Exited Recession – Lai Mohammed / Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by MrPresident1: 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
Black people all over the world are zombies, living but dead. Jesus is coming back, Jesus is the software, the Word of God that powers the blackman, when he comes back, the blackman will come alive again.

In our current devolved state, we can only be consumers, never producers, this is why we export crudeoil and import petrol, export cocoa and import chocolate etc, we cannot add value to anything because we are mentally dead.

We were meant to be eaters during this period that the Bible called the great tribulation, we were meant to be fed by the people that the world was handed over to, we were meant to be taken care of until we arose again to take over the rulership of the world which is our birthright forever. We were never meant to be impoverished or enslaved.

Men like Lie Mohammed are irresponsible liars.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by spenpe: 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
sharpden:

undecided undecided

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/why-nigerias-economy-is-in-recession-lai-mohammed/

Pls this buhari and his mouthpieces should just keep quiet na, we already know you guys don't have anything to offer Nigerians, stop blaming everything and everybody for your inadequacies. A failure always has an excuse or someone to blame for his predicament.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by riczy(m): 10:04pm On Sep 13, 2016
CeoMYN:
I hope your government is trying their best to get us out of recession?
shapben com c question!
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by july66: 10:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
sharpden:

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/why-nigerias-economy-is-in-recession-lai-mohammed/

Can somebody please tell this man to shut his mouth. He will not complete a speech without blaming the former government. When you come to power you inherit both assets & liabilities. If they met 1 trillion naira in the treasury they will not announce it. He criticised & insulted Jonathan until the man left there. Instead of him to look forward & tackle the task before him, he is still looking backward. With all the insult this man pronounced on Jonathan, I thought we will be living in paradise by now. He insulted him on the economy, boko haram, chibok girls. Fuel price increase etc. He is now struggling to explain those same issues. So sad.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Kaycfresh: 10:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
Now that we knw the 'why?' , which is the first step to solving any problem. How do we get ourselves out of this mess?.............
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by olokstob(m): 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2016
*A man that couldnt Publicly declare his assets as he promised before the elections?
*A man that Couldnt Produce his certificate till date but hire SANs to prove he has it?
*A man that berates Nigerians, before elections, for going abroad for treatment and claims he wont do same, but later admitted, after elections, that he's been travelling abroad for treatment since 1978?
*A man that denied all his campaign Promises?
*A man that Said its a disgrace for Neighbouring countries to help Nigeria fight Bokoharam but run to same neighbouring countries and donated $21m to the operations of MNJTF barely 3 weeks of getting into office?
*A man that doesnt have money to buy Nomination form but rides in Armoured Vehicles?
*A man that claims he got a loan from a Bank without Collateral?
*A man that claims he has only mud-houses, but later admitted to other expensive properties after getting into office?
*A man that berated the former administration for keeping 6 Aircrafts, but now keeps 9?
*A man that said that Abacha did not steal but is expecting recovered Abacha loot?
*A man that his administration Padded the 2016 Budget?
*A man under whose Administration Nepotism is the order of the day?
*Same man that only his people and Rich folks are being employed through the back door?
*This same man the asked Nigerians studying abroad to come home, while he leaves his there?
Doesnt this describe a hypocrite and a scammer
I can go on and on, but it will just tell you how shameless these men are and only brainless fools who have stone as brains die for them! What moral justifications does this man have to ask Nigerians to change their ways? Was that their campaign theme? Was that what they promised Nigerians?
If we want to build up our morals, or if moral decadence was the problem of Nigeria, lets just declare National Prayer sessions or Appoint A high Cleric from any faith to come do the Job!
Is Britain running their government on morals? Is America free of Corruption? Isnt there Corruption in China? Why arent they in recession?
Someone should please tell these old weaklings to sit down and get to work!
They are just all talks and no work; looking for whom to blame for their cluelessly hopeless state inread of coming out openly to admit their failure!
# SCAMMERS
When we told Nigerians to ask APC for their Manifesto and Plans for Nigerians, they ignored and banked on Promises! Now he says Nigerians are the problems; and you know what? I agree!
They became the problem when the rejected light and brought in darkness!
Enjoy Your Change Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by macaranta(m): 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
Uncle lie and his 1000 linuses
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by sekundosekundo: 12:08am On Sep 14, 2016
yinkslinks:
Hmmmm

My Son fear the Lord and the king. Pls note that the king here is the government. Do not associate with those that say change. Pls note that change here means rebels.
SUMMARY: My Son fear the Lord and the government and do not associate with anyone that will not obey both the Lord and the Government.

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by yinkslinks(m): 12:12am On Sep 14, 2016
I am not your son please. dont quote me again
sekundosekundo:

My Son fear the Lord and the king. Pls note that the king here is the government. Do not associate with those that say change. Pls note that change here means rebels.
SUMMARY: My Son fear the Lord and the government and do not associate with anyone that will not obey both the Lord and the Government.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by cooltola(m): 2:47am On Sep 14, 2016
the reasons why Nigeria is in recession today is because of corruption. If GEJ was our president today, we still be in a recession. Buhari is not fully at fault but he has made some mistakes. I blame the previous generations of leaders who promoted a corrupt culture and left no future for the youth. We relied on oil money to bail us out for years, oil now is cheap and there is no money like GEJ time. Only God can save us all this time around.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by afrika(f): 3:13am On Sep 14, 2016
Blame Buhari for the recession

By Oby Ezekwesili

I still find it funny that most people don't know why Nigeria economy went into recession, they love the incompetent lies of Lai Mohammed about the past government ruining everything. It's also myopic to think that if Jonathan were to still be in power, we would be worse off.

The truth about Nigeria's recession is this; it was caused by the president's unguided rhetoric and uncultured body language. Firstly, there is nothing we are buying today that we weren't buying 5 years ago, therefore it's not our purchase that put pressure on Naira but withdrawal of funds by foreign investors. After the election, the president created instability with his unguided statements about how everyone is corrupt and how everyone is going to jail.

The instability made foreign investors to liquidate their investment and change their money to dollars. In the process of trying to flee, they were willing to buy dollars at any price, which lead to high exchange dollar rate. Even though some of them were not ready to run away, but want their money in dollars to save their investments from devaluation, the president gave a bad signal by banning deposit of foreign currency into dormiciliary accounts.

That was enough for free market believers to see the draconian handwriting on the wall, that was the beginning of dollar rush. To make matters worse, the president came up with another outrageous policy of rationing dollar to certain sectors and blocking many sectors out. That was the nail in the coffin which facilitated the emergence of free FALL. In the end, foreign investors took over $80B out of the economy within a short period and everything went down to free fall. To those who believe it will be worse if Jonathan is still there, you are all wrong. Policy continuity and political stability will not let billions of dollars leave our shores within such tiny time frame. Even though the government might have income shortage, the private sector will weather the storm by their
confidence in the market.

The fear of the unknown created by PMB is responsible for the economic downturn not low oil price. Interest rate in America is currently at 0.5% while it is 12% in Nigeria. JP Morgan & Chase will not mind borrowing $50b from Feds at 0.5 and put in Nigeria for return of %2000 profit. Citi bank will do the same, likewise US Bank Corp. Chase gave Buhari warning about the repercussions of his fixing policy before they pulled out, but his illiterate cyber warriors and misseducated e-soldiers said JPMORGAN can go to hell, they no longer believe in economic metrics since their messiah is in charge. Funny enough they are all suffering today because of the stupid policy, but they find relief by blaming it on past administration and Gucci appetite of average Nigerians.

For your information, if your president "kontunu" with his unguided rhetoric, Naira will go down to N1000/1 $. But we thank God, he is no longer talking.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Dannychukz(m): 6:28am On Sep 14, 2016
Government of the old.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Dannychukz(m): 6:30am On Sep 14, 2016
Government of the old.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by donbrowser(m): 6:31am On Sep 14, 2016
lielbree:
Kai this man can lie!

Buhari has spent 70b naira on road, which road??

The reason for this recession is simply the implementation of the TSA!

You didn't even notice the Lie, he said Buhari has spent 70bn on roads, he later said Julius Berger was paid 14bn out of the 70bn he is being owed.
Chai
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by isnovic(m): 6:37am On Sep 14, 2016
sharpden:

[b]Mr Lai Mohammed, the problem why Nigerians is in recession is that you and and majority in Office have no clue on how to solve the myriads of problem.
You guys are leaders by happenstance with no clear plan to berth at a safe shore.

And yes, the reason why you guys are so lazy and bereft of ideas is that you guys rely on the same crude oil, which in my opinion is the bane of our economy.

You see the likes of you and those in this government will first do well to rid yourself of the dependence on crude oil and then come to the economic table with your thinking caps on.

For economic management is not for the mentally lazy and it is neither a tea party where national cakes are shared to those with the largest LGs but zero inputs in a terribly idea called Federal Executive Council, FEC meeting monthly.

Please did I hear you say how to achieve this.

First, take off the crude oil proceed from the FG account. That way you and the FG do not get any income from crude oil sales.
That way we do not need to share any sales proceed.

The proceed accruable to the government will be concession fee, tax returns, royalties, regulatory fines, fees and other charges and all other associated fines like EIA and Environmental fines for waste or non-conformity to standards.

If these organisations handling these roles are up and doing, take it from me we do not need the proceeds from sales as the proceeds from these alone will be triple that of sales.

The sales proceed goes entirely in sovereign welth fund for savings and re-investment.

With this done, draw up value chains for all mineral resources in the country and vigorously send out lazy foreign ministers and ambassador on a Foreign Investment Drive, a target if you wish for which performance measures will be granted for effectiveness based on the FDIs attracted by them.

Send out the lazy interior minister on FDI target and ensure measures are taken for every year or else let someone else try.

Fight, lobby seek expert views and come up with fail safe policies for their exploitation, production and utilisation.

proceeds of their sales goes to their individual Sovereign wealth fund and re-investment managers with a plan in view for post each-mineral era so that the investment proceeds marches or surpasses the proceed from the exploitation of each mineral.

1. Draw up a 36 model city with all its associated infrastructure, tourism allure and other trappings that make the city a place people want to come to and ensure a not more than 4 years plan fully paid up execution. This will turn the whole country into a construction yard, the so called jobs you finding it difficult to provide will automatically be created.

Domestic expenditure will improve and FG revenue generated by VAT and other taxes. Government wins in both situations.

2. Draw up a nothing less than 40-60GW electricity smart network with projection of 10GW increase every 5 years.
3. Plan a foreign policy of reciprocity: negotiate for better deals for Nigerian emigrants.
4. Build capacity in agriculture and agro-allied industries.
5. Complete in a 5years plan an integrated transportation master plan such that a speed train between Maiduguri and indeed any two farthest point in Nigeria is about an 1hr or an 1 hr and the half.

This will crash the real estate menace in mega cities and de-congest the cities.

6. Nickel has just be found in you country, where is the plan for the value chain. How do you intend to match the income post-nickel production to Nickel production....in other word what are your investment plan.

Many more if you guys are thinking above self and not interested in being politically right or since it now too familiar, half of the time you and your FG play to the gallery or or can not stop blaming GEJ.

All this energies can find useful use in thinking up solutions.

If you need help with ideas Nigerians with beautiful ideas abound for 1 every kobo.

Please do not insult us with this lazy resort to blames of mono-product economy, this tape or message must have overplayed itself already.

Am available if you need help.[/b]
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 14, 2016
riczy:
shapben com c question!
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by mofebosola(m): 6:57am On Sep 14, 2016
The reasons adduced may be true, but the effect of the recession wouldn't have been this devastating had government been able to manage the Niger Delta Crises properly. Imagine if our refineries produce about 85% of our fuel consumption. The implication is that we won't need so much Dollars to import finished products - as such dollars expended on fuel importation would have been available to manufacturers. Also imagine if we are selling 2.2 mbpd as budgeted (instead of the current 1.7mbpd that we now do as result of vandalisation) at the recent rate of $47. Imagine the effect that would have had on our inflow. I think government really needs to wake up and resolve the Niger Delta Crises and free us from this imposed suffering as a result of our obstinacy or trying to prove a point.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 14, 2016
KingGeorgey:
Well I can see this government's only accomplishments will be blaming the past ones... Meanwhile in warri....

Hehe Bruh, which side you dy for warri, ma join you
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by sekundosekundo: 7:41am On Sep 14, 2016
yinkslinks:
I am not your son please. dont quote me again

Next time don't quote the scripture you don't understand.

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by lielbree: 7:46am On Sep 14, 2016
KingGeorgey:
Well I can see this government's only accomplishments will be blaming the past ones... Meanwhile in warri....
Choi I envy you.
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by asamaigho(m): 7:56am On Sep 14, 2016
FowlYansh:
How did we even end up with this crop of leaders? undecided

I regret voting APC

How did u endup with this kind of reasoning?
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Splashme: 10:50am On Sep 14, 2016
FowlYansh:

I regret voting APC

If you ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by mustang44: 11:45am On Sep 14, 2016
APC promised to come and change things for the better: Remember!

Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Iniesman: 1:36pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ur name alone de contradict wetin u de talk.. I knw u will promote pdp in d process of saying crab...
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by chernest2002: 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
Lai have seen stones coming on the heads of Apc members and he is gathering some senses and he is changing his old ways of lies..
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by cenwyn: 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2016
lielbree:
Kai this man can lie!

Buhari has spent 70b naira on road, which road??

The reason for this recession is simply the implementation of the TSA!

Typical....read well before posting it stated "Out of the N70 billion being owed Julius Berger, we have paid N14 billion." not that he has spent it
this is half of our problem in this country...seeing only what we want to see
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by Talann379: 7:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by mikolo80: 2:14am On Sep 15, 2016
FowlYansh:

I regret voting APC
you voted for them
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by mikolo80: 2:14am On Sep 15, 2016
FowlYansh:
APC is a disgrace to politics and democracy undecided
how they won the election
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by mikolo80: 2:16am On Sep 15, 2016
psucc:
No longer PDP? Is Lai Mohammed lying to himself?

Well, we really know and agree that overdependence on oil is the cause but the effect wouldn't have been this devastating should the government had sound policies on ground or at best listened to the voice of reason.
the effects wouldn't exist if you (we) all invested in agric and manufacturing
Re: Why Nigeria's Economy Is In Recession – Lai mohammed by mikolo80: 2:19am On Sep 15, 2016
AfonjaGuy:
Lie Mohammed blaming Oil while his clueless Master Dullard Buhari blaming Gej . they will continue their blaming excuse till 2019 shocked shocked shocked
useless incompetent men
wait till then na then vote for pdp again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From Obidients Million-Man-March For Peter Obi In Abuja / Tribunal Admits Tinubu’s Chicago University Education Record, US Visa As Exhibit / Ekitigate: Senator Omisore Confesses In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.