Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot (15031 Views)

Abiola Wrote The Names Of Ministers For Abacha - Olutayo Soyode / Ben Murray-Bruce -Thank God For Abacha, "Joke Or Fact".(pic) / Those Asking Me To Account For Abacha’s Loot Are silly — Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by Everfrank(m): 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
Civil rights advocate, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), has advised the federal government to reject the conditions set by the government of Switzerland to the repatriation of the $321million stashed in that country by the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha.

In a letter to the government, Falana said the conditions imposed on Nigeria that allowed the World Bank to supervise the spending of returned assets by the Nigerian government breached international law, principles and standards. He described the conditions set by Switzerland as insulting, noting that the government of Switzerland lacked the right to unilaterally impose conditions on Nigeria.

“Imposing conditions on Nigeria regarding the spending of returned assets is disproportionate and amounts to an unlawful intervention because Switzerland has no legal or moral right to the assets.

Indeed, Switzerland is completely complicit for the stashing and depositing of stolen assets from Nigeria in its banks and other financial institutions,” he said.

He expressed concern that the World Bank itself had not demonstrated sufficient level of transparency and accountability in its supervision of spending of previously returned Abacha loot. He lamented the empty promises made so far by Switzerland and the United States to return forfeited assets worth over $800 million.

“It is clear that the western countries will continue to frustrate the repatriation of the looted wealth of the nation being warehoused by them, albeit illegally,” he said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/falana-urges-rejection-of-conditions-for-abacha-loot/162304.html

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by 989900: 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
E no easy to return money.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by uboma(m): 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
I agree with Falana on this one.
The loot belongs to Nigeria and should be returned unconditionally.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by Eowriand389: 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
Hi!! Where i can find forum 'video'?
Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by Abeymills(m): 8:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
To mr fantasticaly corrupt president bubuhari abacha never stole nigeria money it's gudluck n pdp or Nigerians are corrupt ...

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2016
Thief setting conditions for us! angry
Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by oyinkinola: 10:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
Everfrank:
Civil rights advocate, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), has advised the federal government to reject the conditions set by the government of Switzerland to the repatriation of the $321million stashed in that country by the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha.

In a letter to the government, Falana said the conditions imposed on Nigeria that allowed the World Bank to supervise the spending of returned assets by the Nigerian government breached international law, principles and standards. He described the conditions set by Switzerland as insulting, noting that the government of Switzerland lacked the right to unilaterally impose conditions on Nigeria.

“Imposing conditions on Nigeria regarding the spending of returned assets is disproportionate and amounts to an unlawful intervention because Switzerland has no legal or moral right to the assets.

Indeed, Switzerland is completely complicit for the stashing and depositing of stolen assets from Nigeria in its banks and other financial institutions,” he said.

He expressed concern that the World Bank itself had not demonstrated sufficient level of transparency and accountability in its supervision of spending of previously returned Abacha loot. He lamented the empty promises made so far by Switzerland and the United States to return forfeited assets worth over $800 million.

“It is clear that the western countries will continue to frustrate the repatriation of the looted wealth of the nation being warehoused by them, albeit illegally,” he said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/falana-urges-rejection-of-conditions-for-abacha-loot/162304.html
....God bless you sir, I've said this before but the stubborn wailers took on me as if they have other country than Nigeria!
where is labour union, student, union, where is human right advocate, or Nigeria is no longer sovereign nation?
this is rubbish, we will have our money back no matter how long it may be, with-out condition!

3 Likes

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by StephanieLuv(f): 9:02am On Sep 14, 2016
Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by CHANNELStv2020: 9:02am On Sep 14, 2016
NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY GET MOUTH NO AND NO Giant for population zero in nothing,I prefer for my country to be small as Qatar and developed like Qatar than 170 million for nothing, tomorrow a stupid person will come to compare south Africa and nigeria,like how?british interest is been serve steady like wise America in massive oil n loot so Switzerland interest should be served as well.
ONE NIGERIA LOL,MYOPIC PEOPLE.

4 Likes

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by babyfaceafrica: 9:03am On Sep 14, 2016
All this western nations sef?..God help us
Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by valiantheartprod(f): 9:07am On Sep 14, 2016
after how many years, oya take his family at once
Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by davibid: 9:07am On Sep 14, 2016
When you make yourself rag certainly every body will step on you and clean their legs...

I don't blame them it's our politicians who have subjected Nigeria to international ridicule that I blame!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by ELPablochapo: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2016
To me, falani is just out there for his pocket and nobody should take this man serious.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by Bujumbura(m): 9:09am On Sep 14, 2016
Falana should STFU. NBuhari hasn't accounted for the ones recovered now he wants to re loot Abacha own

By the way

Abacha did not steal. Buhari

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by worlexy(m): 9:10am On Sep 14, 2016
We keep recovering Abacha's loot almost 20yrs after his death and Mr integrity claimed Abacha was not corrupt undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by yeyeboi(m): 9:11am On Sep 14, 2016
Money matter lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by gabe: 9:11am On Sep 14, 2016
Baba is ready to kneel down n hands up for that money o. Femi Falana is on his own..

5 Likes

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by drss2(m): 9:11am On Sep 14, 2016
look at dis attention seeker which one is better, accept their conditions n get abacha loot with world bank supervision or reject their conditions n get notin except dis govt is planning to reloot d loot. switzerland is not oblidged to return any loot to nigeria. dis fool doesn't even know dat switzerland has d right to keep all stolen funds as their money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by Bujumbura(m): 9:11am On Sep 14, 2016
oyinkinola:

....God bless you sir, I've said this before but the stubborn wailers took on me as if they have other country than Nigeria!
where is labour union, student, union, where is human right advocate, or Nigeria is no longer sovereign nation?
this is rubbish, we will have our money back no matter how long it may be, with-out condition!
Your English has improved tremendously grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by AnusOdourInhaler: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2016
I'm with you sir
Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by 9jauk: 9:13am On Sep 14, 2016
The money they recovered so far Has no impact on the price of Gari;they invariably took the morning back to Western world to buy properties and all sort

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by Thobiy(m): 9:14am On Sep 14, 2016
Yah
Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 14, 2016
I don't take mofockas with ridiculous looking wigs on their head seriously!!! Looks like a joker!!! Must be a joker!!!

5 Likes

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by ouzo1(m): 9:15am On Sep 14, 2016
Did Nigeria give the Swiss money to save for them? How person go save him money another man wan cm the withdraw am,for what na
Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by Soreza(m): 9:15am On Sep 14, 2016
CHANNELStv2020:
NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY GET MOUTH NO AND NO Giant for population zero in nothing,I prefer for my country to be small as Qatar and developed like Qatar than 170 million for nothing, tomorrow a stupid person will come to compare south Africa and nigeria,like how?british interest is been serve steady like wise America in massive oil n loot so Switzerland interest should be served as well.
ONE NIGERIA LOL,MYOPIC PEOPLE.
WORD.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by Pavore9: 9:18am On Sep 14, 2016
Switzerland and other loot destinations are always aware of the source of the funds being given to them to stash but will be forming "best practices" when they are requested to refund the stolen money! angry

1 Like

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 14, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by hgnbello(m): 9:20am On Sep 14, 2016
sm1 shld tell tinibu to tell falana 2 4get d law, ix better they supervise it, dan d money 2 b return 2 d fg nd d nigerians wont knw wat dey do wit d money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by wonderkid619(m): 9:23am On Sep 14, 2016
Keep recovering the looted funds and showing them to us only in the News Papers
yeye conditions
Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by salaboiz(m): 9:24am On Sep 14, 2016
SHIT
Re: Falana Urges Rejection Of Conditions For Abacha Loot by DabuIIIT: 9:24am On Sep 14, 2016
Why is falana wasting his saliva,'is there anything like abacha loot',didnt the doghari and president/grand patron of zombies and foools admit that saint abacha never stole a dime and the afonjanic zombies shouted 'psai baba'?

grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What We Are Doing About Influx Of ISIS Into Nigeria – FG / Oyo: Supporters Of Rauf Olaniyan Dump PDP For APC / Nigeria Complex But Not Too Difficult To Manage – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.