Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? (8987 Views)

On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie / Poor But Silly [spirituality, Bane Of The Poor] / The Experience 2016 – Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin & More Arrive In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

undecided

Just make your point. No need for disgusting pictures

Haha. I foresaw this reaction. Really funny, though.

However I did not post the picture for fun.

My point rests in the picture.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 8:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
MizMyColi:
@Deepsight

Please are you a grail message adherent?

Obviously, he has soaked in too much of that twisted pseudo- religious dough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
MizMyColi:
@Deepsight

Please are you a grail message adherent?

No I am not, although I have read the Message, and I still read it from it to time. I have also attended their lectures. It's a really deep and great work, which unfortunately is regarded by many as the work of some deviant sect or cult. This is not so.

Nevertheless, I do not know that all that is written in it is true, though most therein is clearly spiritually commonsensical.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by neocortex: 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
DeepSight:

What has happened to you? ? ?

It appears you have conflated spirituality with religion. . . .

You know very well that these two things are different.

If not for the pursuit of the spiritual, what purpose and inner meaning can a human being put to life?
Would man not simply exist as a hobbesian beast?

When you look at a human being, what do you see?

When you look at yourself, what do you see?

A meaningless physical agglomeration of darting physical micro-particles which somehow comes together as one, not just to feed itself in physical terms but to even project ideas to change the world. Is this the thing that you believe is a mere beast, nothing more than an intelligent and advanced beast?

Regardless advancement, do you not see a clear - and - improbably too wide gap between the faculties of man and those of other creatures?

How often have you sat before and contemplated the dead body of a close friend or relative? If you have done this, you would understand that there is absolutely nothing to the physical life save the pursuit of, and refinement of our real spiritual existence outside this vehicle called a body.

How does your "pursuit of spirituality" makes spirituality real ?
How does this same pursuit benefits you ?

You must understand that not everyone is intoxicated by baseless and
unfounded propositions especially an inquisitive mind.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by ifenes(m): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
Religion has destroyed spirituality. Spirituality is bigger than religion, gods etc. The mistake people make is to think it is about worshiping or having a relationship with an unknown deity. But the truth is that Spirituality is all about you

Spirituality is an awareness of ones self and knowing that you can expand yourself , understand how your mindset can give you a better experience in life.

Most critics are sacred of the word " Spirituality" but are okay with talking about the human Psych, but both happen to be the same. Both work on the mind, both are connected to creativity, emotional maturity, having a positive attitude to life etc. To me I see no difference. The name is only the cause of concern.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2016
neocortex:

Thank you for saving me the time and effort to put this to him for what seems to be the millionth time.
wink
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by MizMyColi(f): 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
plaetton:

Obviously, he has soaked in too much of that twisted pseudo- religious dough.

He writes like one, that's why I ask.

I don't really subscribe to putting other people's choices down, especially when it concerns belief or lack of it thereof.

If an argument or debate leads to resenting one another or thinking of oneself as having seen the light and others - in darkness, then such is not productive and should not be encouraged.

Well what do I know?

To each his own path.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
neocortex:

Exactly.

Just like my devotion to the Toothfairy, aside from putting $3.75 under my pillow, has not greatly benefited humankind in any measurable way.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
ifenes:
Religion has destroyed spirituality. Spirituality is bigger than religion, gods etc. The mistake people make is to think it is about worshiping or having a relationship with an unknown deity. But the truth is that Spirituality is all about you

Spirituality is an awareness of ones self and knowing that you can expand yourself , understand how your mindset can give you a better experience in life.

Most critics are sacred of the word " Sprituality" but are okay with talking about the human Psych, but both happen to be the same. Both work on he mind, both are connected to creativity, emotional maturity, having a positive attitude to life etc. To me I see no difference. The name is only the cause of concern.

Thank you very much.

Neo Cortex, the above is the answer to your question on how being spiritual is beneficial to any person.

Now, I will add the following. In the first place, your question is odd. For it pre supposes that the spirit is different from the person. This is not the case. You are Spirit, period. There fore you cannot ask that question in the first place. It is like asking how being the being that you are benefits that being. It is an incongruous question.

Secondly, asking for proof of the spirit is like asking for proof of your own voice, your own self.

All the proof rests in your very existence and is evinced in everything about you every passing moment. All you have to do is stop for a moment and behold your own existence.

Be still. . . . .

5 Likes

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 9:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
plaetton:

Exactly.

Just like my devotion to the Toothfairy, aside from putting $3.75 under my pillow, has not greatly benefited humankind in any measurable way.

Your devotion to the tooth fairy is already notorious on this forum and has oft led one to feel a sense of futility in our discussions. . .

So yes, your tooth fairy is doing very well sire.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
ifenes:

Most critics are sacred of the word " Spirituality" but are okay with talking about the human Psych, but both happen to be the same. Both work on the mind, both are connected to creativity, emotional maturity, having a positive attitude to life etc. To me I see no difference. The name is only the cause of concern.

Thank you very much.
Your position dovetails with where I am going with my query, and what my esteemed wordy friend, Deepsight, is woefully failing to appreciate.

Is scientific rationalism not the best, the tested and proven way of inquiring into the true nature and substance of our being ?

I would rather deal with the scientific investigation into my psyche, my cognitive awareness and functionings than to waste previous time conjuring fancy words to hide my confusion in the sea of spiritual mumbo jumbos.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
MizMyColi:

He writes like one, that's why I ask.

I don't really subscribe to putting other people's choices down, especially when it concerns belief or lack of it thereof.

If an argument or debate leads to resenting one another or thinking of oneself as having seen the light and others - in darkness, then such is not productive and should not be encouraged.

Well what do I know?

To each his own path.
Don't worry, my dear.
He knows what I'm talking about.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by MizMyColi(f): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
DeepSight:

No I am not, although I have read the Message, and I still read it from it to time. I have also attended their lectures. It's a really deep and great work, which unfortunately is regarded by many as the work of some deviant sect or cult. This is not so.

Nevertheless, I do not know that all that is written in it is true, though most therein is clearly spiritually commonsensical.

Cool.
I encountered Grail message teachings first on NL..

Before now, I had dismissed it as a cult teaching. I really benefitted then, but along the line, I lost interest because I found that it concentrated heavily on explicitly depicting what the after life looks like and how spirits attach themselves to humans et al.

Though, the teachings talk about love, I could not really feel it. I found that I became fearful of the almighty around that time. So I decided to stop and just continue living as I know.

I have never read the books by Abdrushin, but I feel like Grail people are too serious and place too much concentration on the unseen and abstract.

These are my subjective opinions though, and it's not meant in any way to put you down.

As a matter of fact, I have enjoyed your position on this thread as regards spirituality.

I would have loved to proffer my view on the topic too, but the words aren't flowing freely in my head yet.

Indeed, there is more to Us. There is more to the world around us.

The only problem is that we have become so engrossed with African magic, Hollywood and Organised religion narratives that we have almost lost sight of the core essence of spirituality which is basically about being. Just being.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by JackBizzle: 9:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
DeepSight:

Thank you very much.

Neo Cortex, the above is the answer to your question on how being spiritual is beneficial to any person.

Now, I will add the following. In the first place, your question is odd. For it pre supposes that the spirit is different from the person. This is not the case. You are Spirit, period. There fore you cannot ask that question in the first place. It is like asking how being the being that you are benefits that being. It is an incongruous question.

Secondly, asking for proof of the spirit is like asking for proof of your own voice, your own self.

All the proof rests in your very existence and is evinced in everything about you every passing moment. All you have to do is stop for a moment and behold your own existence.

Be still. . . . .

Spirituality at the end of the day is as meaningless as the meaning of life.

Spirituality means different things to different people. Christian, pagans, hindus etc all talk about spiritually but yet end in different conclusions.

Music is spiritual to people.
Some people see worship as spiritual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
plaetton:

Thank you very much.
Your position dovetails with where I am going with my query, and what my esteemed wordy friend, Deepsight, is woefully failing to appreciate.

Is scientific rationalism not the best, the tested and proven way of inquiring into the true nature and substance of our being ?

I would rather deal with the scientific investigation into my psyche, my cognitive awareness and functionings than to waste previous time conjuring fancy words to hide my confusion in the sea of spiritual mumbo jumbos.

Unfortunately science still deals largely with the material, the physical. I am a lover of science, however I know that Spirit transcends the material science of the physical plane.

I think we have discussed the issue from the point of view of consciousness.

I have told you before that that the brain is a mere tool for the spiritual being, and this is a fact. You there fore cannot seek to understand your inner being by starting from the brain. That is absurd. You will proceed from the inner being and that being will process it's thoughts and workings on this physical plane through the tool that is the brain and the body.

Do not put the cart before the horse.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
MizMyColi:

Cool.
I encountered Grail message teachings first on NL..

Before now, I had dismissed it as a cult teaching. I really benefitted then, but along the line, I lost interest because I found that it concentrated heavily on explicitly depicting what the after life looks like and how spirits attach themselves to humans et al.

Though, the teachings talk about love, I could not really feel it. I found that I became fearful of the almighty around that time. So I decided to stop and just continue living as I know.

I have never read the books by Abdrushin, but I feel like Grail people are too serious and place too much concentration on the unseen and abstract.

These are my subjective opinions though, and it's not meant in any way to put you down.

As a matter of fact, I have enjoyed your position on this thread as regards spirituality.

I would have loved to proffer my view on the topic too, but the words aren't flowing freely in my head yet.

Indeed, there is more to Us. There is more to the world around us.

The only problem is that we have become so engrossed with African magic, Hollywood and Organised religion narratives that we have almost lost sight of the core essence of spirituality which is basically about being. Just being.

Well said, my dear.

The Grail Message, in my opinion, is a bad mixture of essential truths and their false twists, which to me, is even more dangerous.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
plaetton:

Thank you very much.

one could travel to india in search of enlightenment through meditating in their holy mountains and forests,,,,,,that is the spiritualism you are talking about, and it doesn't benefit anyone these days.We no longer live in the 2nd century or bc ,,,,,,it will be better to replace all that with scientific research you should carry out yourself as long as it is harmful to no one but you,,,,,,,,,,and the word spiritualism is incomplete without mentioning the soul or spirit which i do not know exist in its meaning

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
DeepSight:

Unfortunately science still deals largely with the material, the physical. I am a lover of science, however I know that Spirit transcends the material science of the physical plane.

I think we have discussed the issue from the point of view of consciousness.

I have told you before that that the brain is a mere tool for the spiritual being, and this is a fact. You there fore cannot seek to understand your inner being by starting from the brain. That is absurd. You will proceed from the inner being and that being will process it's thoughts and workings on this physical plane through the tool that is the brain and the body.

Do not put the cart before the horse.

All sounds honky dory, wordy sire.
But Howfore might you investigate and get to know your supposed inner being, considering , as thou has proudly propounded afore, that spiritual things are nigh immeasurable nor observable with any tools known ?

Do you here, wordy sire, see the contradictions therein in the misguided use of precious time and mental resources on spiritual craft ?
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by Ranchhoddas: 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2016
hahn:

Do you realize that "our real spiritual existence" is subjective?

You believe in one version of the postulation of an afterlife while there are more than 4,200 other versions.

Why is yours any more real than the others?

And why should we indulge in such wishful thinking despite lack of evidence of it's existence?

This life is the only thing that is guaranteed. Here and now. It would be a more profitable venture if we focused on making the best of what we have now in this present time because this is the only thing that is guaranteed. Don't you think?
Does subjectivity necessarily mean non-existence? What if these many 'versions' are merely different routes to the same path?
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
DeepSight:

Your devotion to the tooth fairy is already notorious on this forum and has oft led one to feel a sense of futility in our discussions. . .

So yes, your tooth fairy is doing very well sire.

Lol.

Your aversion to the Toothfairy might have spiritual implications you know. grin
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by hahn(m): 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Does subjectivity necessarily mean non-existence? What if these many 'versions' are merely different routes to the same path?

I wouldn't say same path, I'd say same assumption

2 Likes

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by ifenes(m): 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
plaetton:

Thank you very much.

You are welcomed Sir.

Many people will want the term "spirituality" out of the system. A lot of ignorant people and cults are misusing it,so I usually use Psychology. When people say "Hell fire" I see the term "negative set backs" Someone who drinks and drive doesn't need prayers but Spiritual/Psychological help to refocus the mind and help him understand the hazard he posses to others.

3 Likes

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
ifenes:

You are welcomed Sir.

Many people will want the term "spirituality" out of the system. A lot of ignorant people and cults are misusing it,so I usually use Psychology. When people say "Hell fire" I see the term "negative set backs" Someone who drinks and drive doesn't need prayers but Spiritual/Psychological help to refocus the mind and help him understand the hazard he posses to others.

Exactly.

Governor Rochas Okorocha, for good example, might just be having mild psychotic episodes that require psychiatric help and medications, rather than the nonsensical allegations of spiritual slappings in his office.
grin

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 9:51pm On Sep 13, 2016
plaetton:

All sounds honky dory, wordy sire.
Howfore might you investigate, know your supposed inner being, considering , as thou has proudly propounded afore, that spiritual things are nigh immeasurable nor observable with any tools known ?

Oh no, I have not propounded any such thing. On the contrary, I have said right here on this thread what I have always said, that the Spirit is self evident, that God is self evident and that these things are obvious in every passing moment in everything around us.

The inner being, for itself, is conscious of it self.

You only need to be self aware and self cognisant. Try also, to hear your inner voice, to clear the noise of the world in your head and align with your inner intuition and direction, you will find your way. You do not require a laboratory.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by ifenes(m): 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
plaetton:

Exactly.

Governor Rochas Okorocha, for good example, might just be having mild psychotic episodes that require psychiatric help and medications, rather than the nonsensical allegations of spiritual slappings in his office.
grin

If only he is not being surrounded by pastors who don't know jack about restoring a mentally unbalanced person. Well it looks like Donald Trump will do the opposite and submit a Psychological test result to proof he is fit for the biggest office on the planet.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
DeepSight:

Oh no, I have not propounded any such thing. On the contrary, I have said right here on this thread what I have always said, that the Spirit is self evident, that God is self evident and that these things are obvious in every passing moment in everything around us.

The inner being, for itself, is conscious of it self.

You only need to be self aware and self cognisant. Try also, to hear your inner voice, to clear the noise of the world in your head and align with your inner intuition and direction, you will find your way. You do not require a laboratory.

By the time you start listening to your inner voices, there is no guarantee what you might end up hearing.
In fact, in modern cognitive psychology, an undue attachment to inner voices would be considered a diagnosable illness.

My point is that the inner me is just an agglomeration of all my impulses, already imprinted on my DNA. I don't see it, no matter how sweet and romantic it sounds, as a distinct being in of itself.

I am a product of my father and mother, and all their fathers and mothers. I get the rest of my inner being from my environment.

Even the Sun, our heavenly Father, imprinted it's own opinion on my DNA on the day I was conceived.

2 Likes

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
^^^ I said self aware and self cognizant.

Inner being is not a different entity. It is you.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
Repeat post...
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by raphieMontella: 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
@deepsight but ehm..this special ''self awareness'' is not limited to humans... Does it mean all ''self aware'' beings have this ''spiritual''?

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
DeepSight:

^^^ I said self aware and self cognizant.

Inner being is not a different entity. It is you.

I have elaborated before on how self awareness and self cognisance are functions of the brain, mirror neurons to be precise.

If the inner me is me, then there is no inner me, just ME,..in the same way that your pet dog is just your pet dog.
There is no inner dog in it. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
plaetton:

I have elaborated before on how self awareness and self cognisance are functions of the brain, mirror neurons to be precise.

If the inner me is me, then there is no inner me, just ME,..in the same way that your pet dog is just your pet dog.

Perhaps you misunderstand. I refer to the difference between the body and the spirit. The immaterial being. The body dies, and will rot like the mere matter it is. The refined being remains in existence. The same goes for your dog by the way.

The body is a vehicle. It is not you any more than the clothes you wear are you. You will drop it at death. That's you.
Your dog will do the same thing.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by Godwin2016: 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
plaetton:

Jesus love you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? / Bishop Simeon Borokini Rejects RUGA In South West / Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.