Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,039 members, 7,821,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief (61329 Views)

AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) / 15-Year-Old Boy Sent Home From School Over This Hairstyle In West Midlands / Photo Of The Kenyan Student Expelled From School Over "Occultic Drawing" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Paulopackager(m): 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
As far as am concerned, salvation does not mandate that only if led by the spirit of God i.e God has a better purpose for such person OR if your faith leads you to do such, in well doin did God says he would reward us if we don't faint.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Jacko1(m): 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
Stupid move
Very stupid
That is a felony young man
Just dat no law in nigeria
No court outside will ever pardon u for knowingly admitting to felony

Just hope u r not blacklisted and unable to gain admission anywer

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Oghumu1(m): 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
Dreambeat:
I hope he would make himself available for arrest and prosecution.Exam malpractice is a grievous offense
I thought of this too, he should be ready for arrest because Exam malpractice is a punishable offense. And if he's been arrested then the school will be implicated too. Everybody that passed out during his time will be bursted

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by eyinjuege: 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
dermmy:
Many christians don't understand this restitution of a thing. The only man that did restitution in the new testament was Zacheus and Jesus christ didn't force him to do so. Jesus christ didnt suggest it to it him. He didnt command him to do so. He did it willingly because he was so happy the day Jesus came to his house dine with him.

Why was he over joyous because he had longed to see Jesus. a short man who had tried to meet Jesus one on one many times but could not. And the moment he tried to do something surprising Jesus saw him and told him he would come and dine in his house.

Now my question gies thus. An armed robber that has stolen cars and defrauded people of their valuables and later repented, how do you want him to return all those cars he stole at gun point after becoming a born again. May cars and other valuables have been stolen by armed robbers on the highways so how do you want them to return all these things to the people they dont even know?

Many people were big liars before they gave their lives to Jesus so how do you want them to remember the people they lied to and go back to them to make restitution thaf they lied to them sometime ago.

In as much as its impossible to correct all wrongs in the past, anyone that decides to correct possible wrongs shouldn't be put down, or looked down upon.
He has done what would make him be at peace with himself. That's the most important thing.
Others may not agree with him or his reasons, but it's his life and his decision to make, and it should be respected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by charlesucheh(m): 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Though, I've never engage myself in any form of malpractice, But this fanatic is one that is capable of blowing up a whole building with a suicidal jacket for his believes!!! He should have just stop and go for another jamb without creating an awareness on this! I see his act as that of an hypocrite too!!! Wish him luck in his Newly found undying faith sha!!!
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Oghumu1(m): 7:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
So those who had sex during courtship then got married, and doing fine with kids should divorce if after repenting?? And for those Pastor who has connection and helped their members in working they should all withdraw and tell the pastor they want to apply and start afresh?? The gospel should be read with understanding, I'm not condemning him but something might has led him to this. Remember when u receive Jesus Christ all things are past away and everything becomes new not Withdrawing from your current position and starting all over.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by ojuu4u(m): 7:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
blowjohn:

Restitution I presume rests on fairness of morality. Can this student rewind back the hands of time, ND rewrite the exam at that age again? What is wrong with just rewriting it and moving on?

Wen shal we start recognise indivitualiy in this part of the world, if u can't take risky descions try to respect those that can, who tod u dat d guy cant re-write exam and stil make it in life, its God u knw who to bles

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
daeujo:
Wow! That's nice. I really wish people can emulate him especially our politicians.

stop glorifying stupidity! What this guy has done is what happens when the awareness of guidiance and counselling in schools is low. If the awerness is high, he would have made use of it and made a better choice.

The likes of this guy will backslide real quick. He is trying to win his salvation by the works of his own hands. According to Paul, the cross of of no use to the likes of this guy.

Restitution my foot! If he wants to make restitutions, let him go back and unfucck the ladies he fuccked. Unlie all the lies he lied, resurect all the people he killed. It is because of the you cannot do all of that that you were given salvation for free.

This guy is wrong!
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Mezuzah(m): 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2016
This is a fantastic faith in display, I doff my cap for him. Brother you are indeed a soldier of Christ
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by mikolo80: 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2016
DTRUMPER:
Hmmmmm, Restitution on point.

If my child try am, na slap he go chop first.

I wish all our governors and senators will do this kind of restitution in Nigeria.
Well we both know the answer to that.
Bukola saraki come n do restitution oooooo

Anyway, check my signature and smile to the Bank forever BELOW

so that their parents can slap them like you?
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Paulopackager(m): 7:38pm On Sep 14, 2016
Lolz, funny comments. You don't have to insult or mock such person. We agree that it isn't compulsory to have done that but it is nt a sin in the sight of God. That is the level of his faith.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by JUBILEE2000: 7:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
sekundosekundo:

If one repents at the point of death like the thief you mentioned, he will hv access b'cos he didn't hv the opportunity to do restitution but if he hv the opportunity and refuse to do it there will be no access for him. You can't repent and still hv stolen items with you. You must return all that you stole.

Your argument is weak and not based on scriptures. Judas Iscariot returned the money he was paid for betraying Jesus yet he didn't make it to heaven. The gospel of Grace is mystery you need the Holy Spirit to teach u.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Spidermon: 7:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
If to say na like 500 level Medicine and Surgery he dey study, would he try this shii ??
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by sherozy(m): 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
The guy dey practice change begins with you
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by 2unjee: 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2016
True talk my brother.
computerboy:
Restitution indeed! So what of those that killed and repented? They should wake up the dead?

They should tell us his CGPA first so we'll know if he truly repented or he's just another lazy and coward student who has given up on school
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Officialkenshin(m): 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2016
Pprovost:
I wish he doesn't regret this.

But I doubt he won't.

The Mofo will. When him mates when start with am go done finish start life. The fool go still they there say Na religion.

Religion hold Africa backwards like this.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by chiraqDemon(m): 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
Na because say post utme nor dey again......why him wait till them cancel putme to repent...
grin grin
D guy just has time to waste...he is probably not up to 20yrs yet....ppl wey reach kno say time no de again

Btw does it mean that he will back to ss2 cos his promotion to ss3 in sec school must have also been malpractice based

Just my two cents

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Akiika: 8:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
We know most of you passed your WAEC via miracle centers, and once you get admitted, you bribe/prostitute yourself to graduation....and here we are, with unemployable pseudo-illiterates buzzing like bees here on Nairaland and other social media.
So so sad! That is why arguing with some folks here is just a waste of time. They can never get it, they don't even know they are deprived of basic human right...'education'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by vislabraye(m): 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2016
sanky346:
I still don't understand how restitution should work ideally. I think I need a serious teaching on it. If what this guy did is the real standard for what restitution should be, then I seriously think I have a lot of things to restitute. May God help us o

A lot of things is by the grace of God. What the guy did was to clear his mind of any guilt or condemnation. To tell you the truth, it's not everything we can restitute.
I wish the guy had sought for counsel before taking such step. If a man kills, how will he make restitution ? If I stole meat from a pot or stole a friend's belt 10 years ago, how will I restore it.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by sekundosekundo: 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
JUBILEE2000:

Your argument is weak and not based on scriptures. Judas Iscariot returned the money he was paid for betraying Jesus yet he didn't make it to heaven. The gospel of Grace is mystery you need the Holy Spirit to teach u.

Yes Judas didn't make it b'cos he committed suicide. You must return any stolen item with you after salvation. Zacchaeus did it in Luke 19:8
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by ksbusari(m): 9:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
perhaps he was heading towards third class division or he wanted to change course
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by nairaimporter: 9:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
Alexk2:
To each his own. I'm unworthy to either praise or condemn his action....but I cannot but hail my Alma-mater; truly better by far far!

Your "better by far" institution is at fault for not doing proper diligence before admitting cheating students at the expense of other good and non cheating students.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
DTRUMPER:
Hmmmmm, Restitution on point.

If my child try am, na slap he go chop first.

I wish all our governors and senators will do this kind of restitution in Nigeria.
Well we both know the answer to that.
Bukola saraki come n do restitution oooooo

Anyway, check my signature and smile to the Bank forever BELOW

Um, mods why signature nor dy show for thread again?
Mynd44, seun, lalasticlala, shey I can ask this question here?
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by ewosk: 9:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
Luke: 19. 8. And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. - Bible Offline

The Bible about restitution... It a personal conviction that leads one to restitute....

I wish him the best

People still succeed without the certificate self...
e.g Buhari
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by JustMercy: 9:29pm On Sep 14, 2016
dermmy:
Many christians don't understand this restitution of a thing. The only man that did restitution in the new testament was Zacheus and Jesus christ didn't force him to do so. Jesus christ didnt suggest it to it him. He didnt command him to do so. He did it willingly because he was so happy the day Jesus came to his house dine with him.

Why was he over joyous because he had longed to see Jesus. a short man who had tried to meet Jesus one on one many times but could not. And the moment he tried to do something surprising Jesus saw him and told him he would come and dine in his house.

Now my question gies thus. An armed robber that has stolen cars and defrauded people of their valuables and later repented, how do you want him to return all those cars he stole at gun point after becoming a born again. May cars and other valuables have been stolen by armed robbers on the highways so how do you want them to return all these things to the people they dont even know?

Many people were big liars before they gave their lives to Jesus so how do you want them to remember the people they lied to and go back to them to make restitution thaf they lied to them sometime ago.

If this is your
JustMercy post=49364729:
if this is your personal confession, please seek God He will instruct you how to go about it. Stop worrying over someone that has made it right with God. Note that he was not the one who posted it. If not for a careless clerk that exposed that letter and who should be punished in a normal institution u would not have had access to the information. But again All things work together for the good of those that love the Lord and are live according to God's purpose. If u are one quickly seek God and treating someone's headache. Jesus loves you.

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by mirakuru(m): 9:33pm On Sep 14, 2016
everyone has got his or her rational choice. what is rational to you may be irrational to another. for him, he took a rational decision which he feels his best for him and it was an attempt to clear his conscience.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Kagarko(m): 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
phygo89:
Na him business

If it's a Muslim the comments will be BOKO Haram.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Durbaubal682: 10:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by adeshinaajayi(m): 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
[/right][right]
. President Buhari must hear this... Change begins with me!!!
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by preetyslim(f): 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hmm I admire his sincerity and courage.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Harinholar(f): 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
What a mighty encounter with God......it is well with you...
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Chukazu: 10:26pm On Sep 14, 2016
restitution is the greatest absolution.
I did mine while in secondary school and I must confess I had "peace like a river"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures / Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.