Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief (61331 Views)

AAU Imposes "No School Fees, No Lecture" On Student (SUG React) / 15-Year-Old Boy Sent Home From School Over This Hairstyle In West Midlands / Photo Of The Kenyan Student Expelled From School Over "Occultic Drawing" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by dermmy(m): 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2016
[quote author=JustMercy post=49364729][/quote]

I was asking a question where in that post did i mention i did those things. I have pondered on this restitution thing many times. Are you telling me that was the only sin that guy committed before he surrenderd his life to Jesus. That means he has to do restitution of every sin he had committed.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by dt4omoh(f): 10:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
dermmy:
Many christians don't understand this restitution of a thing. The only man that did restitution in the new testament was Zacheus and Jesus christ didn't force him to do so. Jesus christ didnt suggest it to it him. He didnt command him to do so. He did it willingly because he was so happy the day Jesus came to his house dine with him.

Why was he over joyous because he had longed to see Jesus. a short man who had tried to meet Jesus one on one many times but could not. And the moment he tried to do something surprising Jesus saw him and told him he would come and dine in his house.

Now my question gies thus. An armed robber that has stolen cars and defrauded people of their valuables and later repented, how do you want him to return all those cars he stole at gun point after becoming a born again. May cars and other valuables have been stolen by armed robbers on the highways so how do you want them to return all these things to the people they dont even know?

Many people were big liars before they gave their lives to Jesus so how do you want them to remember the people they lied to and go back to them to make restitution thaf they lied to them sometime ago.

When you want to make restitution, you need to pray to God for guidance....he will lead you on how to go about it...Acts 24:16; Heb 9 &10.... I pray that Almighty God help us to read n understand his word and give us the grace to restitute all that he lays in our hearts.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Burgerlomo: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
How I wish somebody can assist him.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by buchilino(m): 10:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
computerboy:
Restitution indeed! So what of those that killed and repented? They should wake up the dead?

They should tell us his CGPA first so we'll know if he truly repented or he's just another lazy and coward student who has given up on school

IT'S OBVIOUS U HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED TRUE SALVATION B4.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Prince16: 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
ireneony:
I need to whip him with kobokobo
Ma, please b4 u whip d boy with ur koboko 4 saying d truth kindly check ur signature!!!

:-/ :-/
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Prince16: 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
ireneony:
Ma, please b4 u whip d boy with ur koboko 4 saying d truth kindly check ur signature !!!

Thank u Ma. undecided undecided
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by vickybantin(m): 11:35pm On Sep 14, 2016
Nonsense bornagain

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Jahbles93: 11:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
What is available you return, what is not is gone. In his case the Waec result is much available and even within reach.
dermmy:
Many christians don't understand this restitution of a thing. The only man that did restitution in the new testament was Zacheus and Jesus christ didn't force him to do so. Jesus christ didnt suggest it to it him. He didnt command him to do so. He did it willingly because he was so happy the day Jesus came to his house dine with him.

Why was he over joyous because he had longed to see Jesus. a short man who had tried to meet Jesus one on one many times but could not. And the moment he tried to do something surprising Jesus saw him and told him he would come and dine in his house.

Now my question gies thus. An armed robber that has stolen cars and defrauded people of their valuables and later repented, how do you want him to return all those cars he stole at gun point after becoming a born again. May cars and other valuables have been stolen by armed robbers on the highways so how do you want them to return all these things to the people they dont even know?

Many people were big liars before they gave their lives to Jesus so how do you want them to remember the people they lied to and go back to them to make restitution thaf they lied to them sometime ago.

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by loveuGOD: 12:16am On Sep 15, 2016
Unfurtunately those who preach the gospel to him forgot to tell him that GOD forgives unconditionally.
Old things are past and everything become new.

What if he has graduated and work with the certificate for like 35years before he accepted Jesus, will he refund all the money he has earn with the unmerited certificate?

I pity his parent. GOD have mercy.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by God2man(m): 12:19am On Sep 15, 2016
Hmnnn.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by legalgoon: 12:25am On Sep 15, 2016
nairaimporter:

Your "better by far" institution is at fault for not doing proper diligence before admitting cheating students at the expense of other good and non cheating students.

Lol lol lol
Guy how is it the schools fault now?
That was/is the duty of waec to ensure proper exams, not the tertiary institution now.
Leave better by far alone
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by koolaid87: 12:33am On Sep 15, 2016
Wishing him all the best, but with no further investigation, I can conclude that this brother got his salvation through the deeper life ministry..They are so deep, guarding people towards that narrow path.

God bless your new Journey.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Musty856(m): 12:47am On Sep 15, 2016
Dumb fck!!
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by codexgigax: 1:31am On Sep 15, 2016
While I am not in any position to praise or condemn this guy's action, I must add that the school's counselling department/section could have helped him in his decision making. I guess they must have gotten the memo, unless they didn't and it was too late.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by jojothaiv(m): 2:18am On Sep 15, 2016
What a life..
Truly we live in a mysterious world!
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Cletus77(m): 2:31am On Sep 15, 2016
Well how him go serve God,come still hold satan property? Na him choice, as for me prayers dos it all!!!
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by mixratio(m): 3:19am On Sep 15, 2016
dermmy:

Many people were big liars before they gave their lives to Jesus so how do you want them to remember the people they lied to and go back to them to make restitution thaf they lied to them sometime if you can remember the sin and it's in your power then you make restitution.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by achieverme(m): 3:37am On Sep 15, 2016
dermmy:

Do you know the consequence of what you just wrote?

It means if I have acquired wealth in ungoldly manner, I can continue to enjoy my ungodly wealth after repenting from my sins.

Iris clear you are the one that has no understanding about the true life of a christian.

And the most disgusting part is you now sow your seed of confusion in public domain and you have infected many souls with your spirit of error.

It will be interesting to know d church you attend.

This is why PFN should put their house in order and correct the useless proliferation of churches all over the place.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by achieverme(m): 3:43am On Sep 15, 2016
kaluchuks:
Sometimes I keep on wondering how people make decisions,bikonu can someone help me talk sense into our new messiah that just repented

Are you saying it's cool to build your life and destiny on faulty foundation?
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by dermmy(m): 3:58am On Sep 15, 2016
achieverme:

Do you know the consequence of what you just wrote?

It means if I have acquired wealth in ungoldly manner, I can continue to enjoy my ungodly wealth after repenting from my sins.

Iris clear you are the one that has no understanding about the true life of a christian.

And the most disgusting part is you now sow your seed of confusion in public domain and you have infected many souls with your spirit of error.

It will be interesting to know d church you attend.

This is why PFN should put their house in order and correct the useless proliferation of churches all over the place.

You are entitled to your own opinion. I asked a question and some good christians have answered. You are the only one who knows the consequences and you don't need to know the church i attend. Don't quote me anymore i won't reply.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Etfash(m): 4:02am On Sep 15, 2016
dermmy:

You are right about Zachaeus. However, a newly saved christian has greater joy. The moment you are saved, you want to avenge all past disobedience - check the scriptures. This must be guided as it could be dangerous if not done with wisdom. Also, the Christians have a generic guide: the Bible and a specific guide: the Spirit of God ( ...but as many that received him, he gave power to become the sons of God... Ye shall receive power, after the Holy Ghost is come upon you... As many that are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God..). I hope things are clearer?

As for those questions, there are situations the Spirit of God will point your heart to and convince you to restitute. In very grievous situations like killing, adultery that has led to having children outside wedlock and some of the scenarios you painted above, the wisdom of spiritual mentor(s) and intense prayers are required... Sarah told Abraham to send the bondwoman and her son, Ishmael, away and God said, listen to the voice of your wife, Sarah.

Lastly, do you know that some of the people Zachaeus defrauded may have died? He acknowledged that and said he was giving half of his goods to the poor. That was the way he was guided and the Lord told him salvation had entered his house. So, what the brother has done is the right thing to do. He's lucky that WAEC and indeed the nation hasn't taken him up on the issue. Things get messier at times, but if you want to be a son, you must learn to obey the voice of the Spirit. If God must be your shepherd, you must be ready to become a sheep.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Peterosky(m): 6:19am On Sep 15, 2016
Hhhhhmmm, although i do buy into the idea of this young man withdrawing from school for the reason stated above,i do not consider condeming his actions worthy. Don't be surprised some one coming from no where to reward this guy's sincererity and he turn's out to be a big boy and a celebrity overnight.It may be the best decision in his life that can cartapolt him to his destination. Think of late Mrs Dora Akunyele. Just thinking aloud though.I wish the guy all the best as i salute his courage.Congrat.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by drberry(m): 7:02am On Sep 15, 2016
Oluwabenny:

I hope he has returned his waec certificate
I believe he certainly has. Withdrawal from school was just the first step. The next would be returning the certificate to WAEC. Don't forget he stated in the letter that he would "start all-over"... That meant he would also re-write his WASSCE.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by phygo89(m): 7:14am On Sep 15, 2016
Kagarko:

If it's a Muslim the comments will be BOKO Haram.
If he were to be a Muslim.... Na him business
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by FxDominion(m): 10:05am On Sep 15, 2016
sanky346:
I still don't understand how restitution should work ideally. I think I need a serious teaching on it. If what this guy did is the real standard for what restitution should be, then I seriously think I have a lot of things to restitute. May God help us o

Yes, he did exactly the right thing. Once you have lready realised this yourself, please don't delay, follow suit even if only for the sake of where you will spend your eternity.

Bless you

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by ElNur1: 10:41am On Sep 15, 2016
Phonefanatic:
He made the decision which is best for him..... Wishing him all the best

Hello sir, i sent you an email.. Im very sorry for late reply sir.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by MrCEO69(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2016
dermmy:

Now my question gies thus. An armed robber that has stolen cars and defrauded people of their valuables, sold those things and later repented, how do you want him to return all those cars he stole at gun point after becoming a born again. May cars and other valuables have been stolen by armed robbers on the highways and have been sold and the money spent by the armed robber so how do you want them to return all these things to the people they dont even know?

zacheus had the resources to pay back. I mean if he hadn't he wouldn't v even pay half of wat he stole, not to talk of paying up to 4 fold. So if one has the resources nd chance to do restitution, one can. And it not a must or a visa to enter heaven, this is were one can be said to v attend a certain level in one Christian life. And i guess dis guy v reach that level where any little thing wic seem evil is rejected. I just pray the fire keep burning.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by salvation77177: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2016
May God bless him. He done the right thing to justify his conscience.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by ibrokola(m): 11:08am On Sep 15, 2016
I hope the fool was actually responsible for financing himself an not his parents or guardian.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by codexgigax: 12:48am On Sep 16, 2016
Etfash:

You are right about Zachaeus. However, a newly saved christian has greater joy. The moment you are saved, you want to avenge all past disobedience - check the scriptures. This must be guided as it could be dangerous if not done with wisdom. Also, the Christians have a generic guide: the Bible and a specific guide: the Spirit of God ( ...but as many that received him, he gave power to become the sons of God... Ye shall receive power, after the Holy Ghost is come upon you... As many that are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God..). I hope things are clearer?

As for those questions, there are situations the Spirit of God will point your heart to and convince you to restitute. In very grievous situations like killing, adultery that has led to having children outside wedlock and some of the scenarios you painted above, the wisdom of spiritual mentor(s) and intense prayers are required... Sarah told Abraham to send the bondwoman and her son, Ishmael, away and God said, listen to the voice of your wife, Sarah.

You have spoken well indeed. More wisdom!

Lastly, do you know that some of the people Zachaeus defrauded may have died? He acknowledged that and said he was giving half of his goods to the poor. That was the way he was guided and the Lord told him salvation had entered his house. So, what the brother has done is the right thing to do. He's lucky that WAEC and indeed the nation hasn't taken him up on the issue. Things get messier at times, but if you want to be a son, you must learn to obey the voice of the Spirit. If God must be your shepherd, you must be ready to become a sheep.
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by Juniorbuba(m): 4:04am On Sep 16, 2016
ireneony:
my 6ter pls it is koboko not kobokobo
Re: UNILORIN Speaks On Student Who Withdrew From School Over Religious Belief by ArcToyin(m): 3:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
drberry:
This is am example of Change begins with you.
God will certainly bless the boy beyond expectations.
Only if God approves his act.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures / Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.