Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? (3349 Views)

Photo Of El-Rufai Kneeling Before Atiku Dug Up By Nigerians For Attacking Atiku / Dino Melaye's Blue Shorts NYSC Outfit Got Him Blasted By Nigerians (Photo) / Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by victorvezx(m): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
cockoduck:
That thing you call civil is not a civil war, it is a foreign invasion by the former colonial masters, and they imposed their own candidate, BTW that useless man is married to a French woman, the same thing they wanted to do here in Gabon, but Ali proved far superior to them.
As far as there were two sides fighting and thousands of people died, it's a civil war. More than 3000 people died in just 4 months. That can only happen in a war.
Here is the link, read about it and not come here to spew trash. If u biafrans want a second civil war, We will give u with so much joy.

Here, read about republic of Ivory Coast second civil war,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Ivorian_Civil_War
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by Godemcee(m): 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
wizzyrich:
is it not the same platform you are utilizing, so why are you complaining when people are giving their own opinion ?

If you don't like issues relating to Biafra, nothing stops you from relocating to another thread. It shouldn't be a must that you should comment on Biafra issue. Biafrans are not Zombies like you that won't complain even when they are being deprived of so many things.
Are u dull or what I already told u guys,you can achieve biafra by

1)referendum
2)war nd u must win Nigeria in the war

what more shud I say

I declared biafra independent online still u not happy

osu get off my mention
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by cockoduck: 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
victorvezx:

As far as there were two sides fighting and thousands of people died, it's a civil war. More than 3000 people died in just 4 months. That can only happen in a war.
Here is the link, read about it and not come here to spew trash. If u biafrans want a second civil war, I will give u with so much joy.

Here, read about republic of Ivory Coast second civil war,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Ivorian_Civil_War
The question is not whether it was a war or not, but it was not a civil war, it was a war waged by the French against their colony that was seeking for freedom, it was a war fought by the French against the Ivorians, just to impose their candidate. I won't read that rubbish, I know the French politics against their colonies very well, I am in Libreville right now, they wanted to destabilize this country like they did to ivory coast, but they failed miserably.
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by allthingsgood: 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igboid:

Go and sit down.

Its not by force to share a country with you lots.

Am already sitting down
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by victorvezx(m): 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
cockoduck:
The question is not whether it was a war or not, but it was not a civil war, it was a war waged by the French against their colony that was seeking for freedom, it was a war fought by the French against the Ivorians, just to impose their candidate. I won't read that rubbish, I know the French politics against their colonies very well, I am in Libreville right now, they wanted to destabilize this country like they did to ivory coast, but they failed miserably.
I won't even start to explain to u, because every explanation u need about the second civil war is well detailed in the link I provided u with. If u like read it, if u like don't, I won't change the bare fact.
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by cockoduck: 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
victorvezx:

I won't even start to explain to u, because every explanation u need about the second civil war is well detailed in the link I provided u with. If u like read it, if u like don't, I won't change the bare fact.
what I there to explain? That the ivorian and Gabonese people voted for their preferred candidates but the French tried to impose theirs, succeeding in the former and failing in the latter. What was the French army doing against Laurent Gbagbo? Let's start from there.
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by victorvezx(m): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
cockoduck:
what I there to explain? That the ivorian and Gabonese people voted for their preferred candidates but the French tried to impose theirs, succeeding in the former and failing in the latter. What was the French army doing against Laurent Gbagbo? Let's start from there.
Guy no matter what u say, it's a civil war, read the link
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by cockoduck: 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
victorvezx:

Guy no matter what u say, it's a civil war, read the link
c'est votre problem, pas le mien.
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by irsakant: 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
victorvezx:
Because the first Biafra led to a war and millions lost their lives. We Nigerians are simply telling u biafrans the truth, there is no way u will not leave Nigeria without war, u can keep denying the fact. We owe the igbos nothing, u surrendered unconditionally, u surrendered without any condition. We did not promise u any territory to use to build Biafra after the war. That is why the Nigeria has every legitimacy to use brute force against u people. One other reason is that Nigeria see u people as weak, we already know if there is another war, u will never win, because u will never outgun the army, the worst that will happen is that the war will be prolonged for many years.
Hahahaha....you were oblivious that Biafra was alone and separated before it was almagamated by British colonialism. So get it to your skull that Biafra had and still occupies its territory. Understood?
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
Godemcee:
Are u dull or what I already told u guys,you can achieve biafra by

1)referendum
2)war nd u must win Nigeria in the war

what more shud I say

I declared biafra independent online still u not happy

osu get off my mention
you should know your opinion is not needed. No body even know you for this country. Your opinion cannot add or reduce what Biafrans have achieved.

Lol ! M.umu dey declare Biafra independence online.

A pierce of advice to you and your fellow Afonjas: don't take panadol for another person's headache before you will die of heart attack.
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by greatgolis90: 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
RedTarantula:
There is a trend on nairaland I have observed.

Whenever there is a call for Biafra or any thread about Biafra, you will notice people shouting at Igbos asking why they want another war.

Some will even say they don't want another refugee situation, bla bla bla.

My question therefore is why is a call for separate existence seen as a call for war?

If a partner in a marriage says they want a divorce how is that seen as a call to take up knives and clubs to fight?

Someone educate me please.

Where have you heard people shouting 'One Germany, One Ghana, One Canada, etc' before?
. I believe the S/E have governors, senators, reps members, SANs , and numerous other government officials who are in a better position to formally seek secession as they are representatives of the people, if truly those seccionist represents the position of d majority Igbos.
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by Subbway101: 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igboid:

Go and sit down.

Its not by force to share a country with you lots.

The jobless Pazienza is running mad. Lol
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by Adiola(f): 7:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nkem4040:

Afonja as expected. If you you read my post above, you will understand why he is threatened. Let me tell you something Afonja...if there is ever another war Walahi talahi Hausa-Fulani will not sacrifice their own like they did in the first one were over 80% of fatalities on the Nigerian Military were Northerners. This time around, they must conscript by force Yorubaa men between the ages of 16-45. Since you so much love this One Nigeria, you must sacrifice also. Northerners know this and don't think you can sit back in the SW like in the first war while northerners were dying.
nkem jare he thinks he ll balance in ogbomosho and be enjoying and screaming "our gallant soldiers crush them" guy u must part of it because u so much love one nigeria
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by Adiola(f): 7:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
victorvezx:

Lol, Ojukwu too was a selfish man, he want a Nigeria that will benefit only the easterners. The Aburi accord was more like telling other Nigerians that they have no right over the crude oil resources in the Niger delta. Ojukwu was selfish, he wanted confederation, he wanted greater autonomy over the oil resources, which means that the Nigerian government won't have any say over the crude resources.he only wanted the oil for u easterners alone . But we no agree. We all know that Nigeria will never agree to such deal. The oil resources must be shared among everyone. No wonder u people are so selfish
a cone head ll always be a cone head this war u are encouraging hope u ll pertake in it cos the hausas won't want to die alone yorubas must. Be forced to go to war front
Re: Why Is The Call For Biafra Always Seen As A Call For War By Nigerians? by Adiola(f): 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
victorvezx:

Don't mind them, am wondering what will Russia or USA gain from supporting a Biafra rebel forces.
so rebels in syria and libya been supported by the US is what? U see you yorubas are the problems of nigeria exclude yoruba from nigeria it ll be a blessed nation I swear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apc Winning Ondo East With Wide Margin / Members Of IPOB UNN Campus Enugwu Pictures / My Path With Ojo Federal Constituency (part I) by Yinka Durosinmi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.