Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) (38438 Views)

Obas Council Gives Olugbo Four Days To Withdraw Statement Over Superiority / "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan / Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by Edatomola(m): 12:07am On Dec 14, 2016
[quote author=oboy3 post=49439625]is ondo igboland? Yes! They are the Ilaje's in Ondo state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ugbo People Don’t Marry Ladies Fair In Complexion –oba Olugbo Of Ugbo (pic) by ceaser: 9:52am On Dec 26, 2016
dejavski:

As an ilaje man I will clarify you on the true meaning of ugbo in our tongue....
Ugbo means 'to dwell' 'settlement' or to 'stay in one place' it was coined from the word 'MOR'Ubo Gbo ni' which means I have found a place to stay

That's in Ìlàje dialect. You definitely will not discount the substitution of 'i' with 'u' in Ìjèsà dialect which gives credence to my earlier position. That means "Isu" (yam) will be "Usu". "Iró" becomes "Uró", ditto "Igbó".

I assumed any Yorùbá person that read my submission will easily think up Ìjèsà dialect as my point of reference, but you just had to make me explain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Cost Of Uprooting The Ekiti Sacred Tree In Odo, Oja (Snapshot) / Emir Sanusi Visits 8-Month-Old Baby Raped By Her Mum's Friend's Husband / Proudly Yorùbá. Let's Get To Know Your Beautiful Oriki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.