Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal (36329 Views)

"Aisha Buhari Wearing N8m Chopard Diamond Wristwatch" - TheSignal Says / Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by abouzaid: 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
IYANGBALI:
Attack from every corner,people doesn't want baba to rest in peace ni?
they did worse to gej.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Sanchez01: 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
ddippset:
abeg all these PDP people should just stop spewing thrash all over the net. APC are bad yes, but PDP are not better. we don't have any option in Nigeria. APC and PDP must both be rejected.
One second 'we don't have any option in Nigeria', and the next 'APC and PDP must be rejected'? Please take some times out to read your points once again, but this time, slowly.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Mockinbird: 9:03pm On Sep 17, 2016
Zico5:
Na dem sabi, if them like make dem dig their father's grave. Buhari is the president till 2023.
for your deluded mind.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by oshorstan(f): 9:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
This is So Embarrassing to our National pride..smh
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by femynho(m): 9:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
dustmalik:
Fools everywhere. This is the reason I stopped commenting on this section. This can't be termed as plagiarism because it's not word for word or sentence for sentence. Calling this plagiarism is like saying some specific people have exclusivity to certain English words, which is the most stupid way of reasoning.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by musicwriter(m): 9:09pm On Sep 17, 2016
Honestly, this one shouldn't be considered as plagiarism, but as an inspiration from De Gaulle. It could also be possible Buhari and his team wrote that without knowledge of De Gaulle's.

But, why always Buhari quotes?. How about our system of education?

If Buhari committed plagiarism, then that serves us well. Because, the so called education we acquire in schools in Africa is the BIGGEST plagiarism of all time!. Everything about it was copied- down to the language we use.

How many laws in your physics class was formulated by a Nigerian? How many theories in your economics class was formulated by a Nigerian?

Aren't you all always quoting white man's theories in class?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by lamalang(m): 9:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
No idea is original. Even obama de still quote
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Tecres: 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Tamakay(m): 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nusaf:
Even if he quoted the said expression, when has that become an issue? People should go and read their books and stop disturbing the public with words whose meaning, they are not sure of. What exactly do u mean by plagiarism? Look up the meaning of that word once again pls.

Plagiarism: a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work. When u are educated u don't need to argue blindly simply because u are a fan of d culprit. Even Mr. President has admitted the mix up and promised to sanction the "overzealous staff". So tell me Prof.,what is your point

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by success1smyn(m): 10:00pm On Sep 17, 2016
3unitload:
Is it that he ain't creative or what.....smh...anywayz back 2 my candy crush game...
don't tell me its true dt u are in level 1000
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by jossyphobia(m): 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by chidiandre(m): 10:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
there's no more original idea..... even the language u adopted its not yours so people should stop being cry babies and move on
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by holluphemydavid(m): 10:21pm On Sep 17, 2016
Waiting for more findings, I trust naija people, dey will begin to dig More of Buhari's speech out now
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by ibkgab001: 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
pla·gia·rize
ˈplājəˌrīz/
verb
verb: plagiarize; 3rd person present: plagiarizes; past tense: plagiarized; past participle: plagiarized; gerund or present participle: plagiarizing; verb: plagiarise; 3rd person present: plagiarises; past tense: plagiarised; past participle: plagiarised; gerund or present participle: plagiarising

take (the work or an idea of someone else) and pass it off as one's own.
synonyms: copy, infringe the copyright of, pirate, steal, poach, appropriate; More
informalrip off, crib, “borrow”, pinch
"he was fined for plagiarizing a song"
copy from (someone) and pass it off as one's own.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by ibkgab001: 10:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
pla·gia·rize
ˈplājəˌrīz/
verb
verb: plagiarize; 3rd person present: plagiarizes; past tense: plagiarized; past participle: plagiarized; gerund or present participle: plagiarizing; verb: plagiarise; 3rd person present: plagiarises; past tense: plagiarised; past participle: plagiarised; gerund or present participle: plagiarising

take (the work or an idea of someone else) and pass it off as one's own.
synonyms: copy, infringe the copyright of, pirate, steal, poach, appropriate; More
informalrip off, crib, “borrow”, pinch
"he was fined for plagiarizing a song"
copy from (someone) and pass it off as one's own. grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Samtob90(m): 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2016
abokibuhari:

how this ani ma take do project that's if you go school sef, at least mention the person way get the quote(referencing)

Rubbish. Even all these words you used here have been used by millions. Did you reference them! You are guilty.

What you mean now is that I can not construct a sentence on my own again!
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by IkennaNweke(m): 11:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
Nusaf:
Even if he quoted the said expression, when has that become an issue? People should go and read their books and stop disturbing the public with words whose meaning, they are not sure of. What exactly do u mean by plagiarism? Look up the meaning of that word once again pls.

You are worse than Buhari! Check the meaning of plagiarism

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by IkennaNweke(m): 11:13pm On Sep 17, 2016
dustmalik:
Fools everywhere. This is the reason I stopped commenting on this section. This can't be termed as plagiarism because it's not word for word or sentence for sentence. Calling this plagiarism is like saying some specific people have exclusivity to certain English words, which is the most stupid way of reasoning.

Mumu, plagiarism does not meaning word to word only, even copied ideas without acknowledgement is plagiarism. Did you ever go to school at all? Check the meaning of plagiarism

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by 3unitload(m): 11:33pm On Sep 17, 2016
success1smyn:
don't tell me its true dt u are in level 1000

It's true
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Nancy2016: 12:14am On Sep 18, 2016
dustmalik:

"Plagiarism is the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own." It doesn't have to be word for word. You can see both expressions are similar, therefore Buhari plagiarized De Gaulle's. Therefore, you are wrong in calling others fools, because you are the stupid one in this case.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Respect55(m): 12:14am On Sep 18, 2016
Just waiting for the day Dat it will be officially stated that Bubu stole the destiny if Nigerians
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 18, 2016
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by naijaking1: 5:55am On Sep 18, 2016
Nusaf:

Plagiarism is a very serious academic and moral crime, only people who passed WEAC would know.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Pidggin(f): 5:56am On Sep 18, 2016
Buhari needs help seriously
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by naijaking1: 6:04am On Sep 18, 2016
Nusaf:

If using expressions previously used by someone else is plagiarism, pls tell me who is not a plagiarist b4 judging me based on ur ignorance. grin

Blinding leading another blind. I hope you're not one of Buhari's so-called expert from Daura.

An honest man would have said, "like Charles de Gaulle said in his speech, I belong to all, and belong to nobody" That's how honest people speak.

Thank God for showing us the true Buhari and his evil followers who came to deceive us as if he is fighting corruption: Buhari is corruption himself in every sense of the word.

A very dishonest man, a cheat, and a malevolent/vindictive evil old man
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Bitterleafsoup: 6:08am On Sep 18, 2016
apatuku:
This Is Nigeria Of 2016: Wrong People In Wrong Places. Why Blame GEJ For Recession?

The Minister of Agriculture studied French

The Minister of Education studied Accounting

The Minister of Solid Minerals studied International relations

The Minister of Power studied Law

The Minister of Communications studied Law

The Minister of Transport studied English.

Minister of Labour and Employment studied Surgery

Minister of Budget and national planning studied law

Minister of Foreign Affairs studied Medicine

Minister of Petroleum studied Law

IGP studied Agriculture

Your President is A Herdsman that his cows are on family planning: 150 cows for 12 years. None died none gave birth!

I didn't say anything o but I hope u know why your economy is on recess!
grin
GEJ was the best match a zoologist for a zoo called 9ja.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by ogojabhoi(m): 6:20am On Sep 18, 2016
KINGMAKER001:
not only that he plagiarized,, he's also acting opposite of what he said by categorising the 98% and 5%...There's always a day of reckoning!
you're right jawe
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by justmenoni: 6:26am On Sep 18, 2016
You sure don't know what plagarism is.

Plagarism doesn't necessarily hv to be word for word, infact you can just put the original words or quote but most important is you should give credit for other people's work.

If i tell u: according to late president Charles of france who said he belongs to nobody bla bka nla. I'm proud to say i also belong to nobody bla bka

The above is not plagarism cos reference was giving.

If i tell u: i belong to nobody bla bla, without reference then this is 100% plagarism cos no reference was giving.

Just like i'm plagiarising ladyf 's slogan

Plagarism isn't a big offence in naija so i guess you schooled or live in naija. But if u sure live abroad especially in western countries then you'll surely no what exactly and how important plagarism, copyright infringement, stealing intellectual properties are.

quote author=dustmalik post=49439366]Fools everywhere. This is the reason I stopped commenting on this section. This can't be termed as plagiarism because it's not word for word or sentence for sentence. Calling this plagiarism is like saying some specific people have exclusivity to certain English words, which is the most stupid way of reasoning. [/quote]
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by gaddafe(m): 7:16am On Sep 18, 2016
dustmalik:

Thank God for this your statement. I was beginning to think everyone in this forum was stupi--d.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Petroking: 7:56am On Sep 18, 2016
Can someone please tell me when people keep saying busted busted busted.. If what we say everyday ain't repeated by a fellow human. It is called english.. Hence no one posseses such words.. No one can prove where hi came from.. Everyone says it in one way or the other..
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by greatgolis90: 7:58am On Sep 18, 2016
Nusaf:
U should rather buckle up Ure ideas n read wide instead of writing dis trash. "Plagiarism is the "wrongful
appropriation" and "stealing
and publication" of another
author's "language, thoughts,
ideas, or expressions" and
the representation of them
as one's own original work" wikipedia....., I hope U are better informed now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Labour Party Releases Campaign Rally Schedule Without Campaign Council / IGP Idris: Tinubu, 8 Others To Attend Saraki’s Meeting With Buhari / Lagos CP Debriefs Disbanded SARS And Tactical Teams In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.