Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal (36325 Views)

"Aisha Buhari Wearing N8m Chopard Diamond Wristwatch" - TheSignal Says / Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Stole “I Belong To Nobody” Quote From The Late Charles De Gaulle – Signal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by patrickmuf(m): 8:22am On Sep 18, 2016
Too many idi.ots on here, does any one have specific rights over the use of certain words/phrases?
Fools everywhere shouting plagiarism upandan.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by TheNas: 8:34am On Sep 18, 2016
Very funny is as if plagerism people.don't know plagerism it means level of similarities. For your information anything you write on the earth is almost similar to that of somebody but what is against the law for one writing to be more than 20% similarities in relation to all your writing not just sentence. If that is the case even the word PLAGERISM is said to be plegerised?
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by harizonal123(m): 9:11am On Sep 18, 2016
dustmalik:
Fools everywhere. This is the reason I stopped commenting on this section. This can't be termed as plagiarism because it's not word for word or sentence for sentence. Calling this plagiarism is like saying some specific people have exclusivity to certain English words, which is the most stupid way of reasoning.
Don't let me insult u. Today is Sunday

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by SycophanticGoat: 9:34am On Sep 18, 2016
apatuku:
This Is Nigeria Of 2016: Wrong People In Wrong Places. Why Blame GEJ For Recession?

The Minister of Agriculture studied French

The Minister of Education studied Accounting

The Minister of Solid Minerals studied International relations

The Minister of Power studied Law

The Minister of Communications studied Law

The Minister of Transport studied English.

Minister of Labour and Employment studied Surgery

Minister of Budget and national planning studied law

Minister of Foreign Affairs studied Medicine

Minister of Petroleum studied Law

IGP studied Agriculture

Your President is A Herdsman that his cows are on family planning: 150 cows for 12 years. None died none gave birth!

I didn't say anything o but I hope u know why your economy is on recess!

You forgot this one:

Comptroller General of Customs, a retired military officer (he retired over 20 years ago)
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by alezzy13: 9:35am On Sep 18, 2016
#sigh#

the controversies just never end. . .

Those claiming its not plagiarism should get their heads checked, and mind you I'm saying this as a core Buhari supporter. There is really no excuse especially in these days of plagiarism checkers; heck, even a google search would reveal the original author.

I suspect one of his "overzealous" writers heard the quote from somewhere, liked it, and rather than search for the author, simply inserted it. This is clearly wrong.

simple rule: when in doubt, conferring attribution to an unknown author may be acceptable - "as someone once said. . . "

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2016
mukhcech:

pls Mr know all. how about ''I love you''. is it plagiarism too.

I see that you have refused to have sense. I've just told you that something is a crime and your response is that I'm a know it all.

It's difficult to plagiarize one sentence. Especially one with such a generic meaning. However when it becomes sentences and paragraphs, it becomes more unique to the person who said it..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by alezzy13: 9:46am On Sep 18, 2016
TheNas:
Very funny is as if plagerism people.don't know plagerism it means level of similarities. For your information anything you write on the earth is almost similar to that of somebody but what is against the law for one writing to be more than 20% similarities in relation to all your writing not just sentence. If that is the case even the word PLAGERISM is said to be plegerised?

Wrong. Of course you can't plagiarize a word, but you can plagiarized a JUST A SENTENCE. Get it right: even if you use your own words, you must give ATTRIBUTION to the original author by proper referencing. This is paraphrasing.

The only exception is when the expression becomes so worn-out and hackneyed that either everyone knows - or no one knows - the original author.

eg If I say "love is blind", its so popular that referencing may not be necessary.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by nortcentrallord(m): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2016
chieveboy:
In that case,when your father was toasting your mother, he stole the quote "I love you" from Romeo

By the way Buhari I know, who the heck is Charles mai kunu?

Maybe your father toasted your mother while giving speech. It baffles me how education has gone this bad in my country or is it that people just argue Blindly? Nigeria my Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by mukhcech(m): 9:57am On Sep 18, 2016
og2711:

I see that you have refused to have sense. I've just told you that something is a crime and your response is that I'm a know it all.

It's difficult to plagiarize one sentence. Especially one with such a generic meaning. However when it becomes sentences and paragraphs, it becomes more unique to the person who said it..

I can see you have no sense at all. gud day.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by mukhcech(m): 10:01am On Sep 18, 2016
alezzy13:

Wrong. Of course you can't plagiarize a word, but you can plagiarized a JUST A SENTENCE. Get it right: even if you use your own words, you must give ATTRIBUTION to the original author by proper referencing. This is paraphrasing.

The only exception is when the expression becomes so worn-out and hackneyed that either everyone knows - or no one knows - the original author.

eg if I say "love is blind", its so popular that referencing may not be necessary.

[s]eg if I say "love is blind", its so popular that referencing may not be necessary.[/s]
@strikethrough is ur opinion. if not where is your source. it seems you reserved the right to say when a statement can be plagiarised or not.

where is the source to the red highlighted text?
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by macof(m): 10:28am On Sep 18, 2016
kelvincoll:

This is just the beginning, trust my Naija folks to dig out more copy copy

Can someone slam the copyright infringement bla bla bla on APC already? grin

The fact that he has been showing he really belongs to some people goes against everything that inauguration statement stood for

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by alezzy13: 11:07am On Sep 18, 2016
apatuku:
This Is Nigeria Of 2016: Wrong People In Wrong Places. Why Blame GEJ For Recession?

[s]The Minister of Agriculture studied French

The Minister of Education studied Accounting

The Minister of Solid Minerals studied International relations

The Minister of Power studied Law

The Minister of Communications studied Law

The Minister of Transport studied English.

Minister of Labour and Employment studied Surgery

Minister of Budget and national planning studied law

Minister of Foreign Affairs studied Medicine

Minister of Petroleum studied Law

IGP studied Agriculture
[/s]
Your President is A Herdsman that his cows are on family planning: 150 cows for 12 years. None died none gave birth!

I didn't say anything o but I hope u know why your economy is on recess!

Most of these are first degrees. what counts is the post graduation experience.

Do you really believe someone with just four years of university training will do a better job than one in an unrelated field but with, say 15 years job experience?

Ibe is a laywer but has spent many many years in administration, and by all accounts is doing an excellent job.

If you want to criticize look at their performances, not this empty degree nonsense
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by alezzy13: 11:15am On Sep 18, 2016
mukhcech:

[s]eg if I say "love is blind", its so popular that referencing may not be necessary.[/s]
@strikethrough is ur opinion. if not where is your source. it seems you reserved the right to say when a statement can be plagiarised or not.

where is the source to the red highlighted text?

these are common knowledge - a simple google search should suffice.

from wikipedia
General common knowledge: Statements that the average adult recognizes as true. Examples: "Paris is the capital of France" or "Humans normally have two arms and two legs."
Subject-specific common knowledge: Material that someone familiar with a topic, including laypersons, recognizes as true. Example (from Processor): "In a computer, the processor is the component that executes instructions."
Plot of the subject of the article: If the subject of the article is a book or film or other artistic work, it is unnecessary to cite a source in describing events or other details. It should be obvious to potential readers that the subject of the article is the source of the information. If the subject of the article is a work that has been published or broadcast in a serial manner, then citing the episode, issue or book can aid comprehension for readers not familiar with the whole of the serial work. It also aids verification if editors are concerned about inappropriate use of the artistic work (a primary source) for interpretation.
Citations in leads[edit]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:When_to_cite

see also
http://isites.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?keyword=k70847&pageid=icb.page342055
Others:
http://www.plagiarism.org/ask-the-experts/faq/
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by debedebe(m): 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
Firefire:
Buhary the plagiarist.

'Thief is thief, Ole is ole'. - GEJ

Plagiarism is equal to GBEWIRI. i.e. Buhary is morally kworupt. shocked
I don't mind a President who steals words to encourage his people, not a President who steals money to impoverish his people.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by free13: 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
The dull.ard strikes again. grin
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Artib(m): 12:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
Charles De Gaulle plagiarized it from who?
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by plaetton: 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
KINGMAKER001:
not only that he plagiarized,, he's also acting opposite of what he said by categorising the 98% and 5%...There's always a day of reckoning!

Which clearly proves that he didn't even understand what he was reading.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Artib(m): 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
alezzy13:

Most of these are first degrees. what counts is the post graduation experience.

Do you really believe someone with just four years of university training will do a better job than one in an unrelated field but with, say 15 years job experience?

Ibe is a laywer but has spent many many years in administration, and by all accounts is doing an excellent job.

If you want to criticize look at their performances, not this empty degree nonsense
don't mind the simpleton. most people just open their mouth and talk before thinking about the reality of it.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Sylvester665: 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hello babies cheesy
How are you?
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by VULCAN(m): 1:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
A victim of a ruined educational system has posted. When you read their crap you will know. Somebody is PROUD that he knows Buhari but he does not know Charles De Gaulle. My God! This is why products of our schools in the past 15 years can rarely deliver world class results unless they travel abroad to renew their minds.

I first read of de Gaulle when I was in secondary school.

I doubt if you also know who Abraham Lincoln was as well.

chieveboy:
In that case,when your father was toasting your mother, he stole the quote "I love you" from Romeo

By the way Buhari I know, who the heck is Charles mai kunu?
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Cletus77(m): 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
mmmm i blame una wey vote am....tank God i bin no well during the last election
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by nextprince: 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2016
naijaking1:

Plagiarism is a very serious academic and moral crime, only people who passed WEAC would know.
Then allow those who passed WAEC to talk?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by nextprince: 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
IkennaNweke:

Mumu, plagiarism does not meaning word to word only, even copied ideas without acknowledgement is plagiarism. Did you ever go to school at all? Check the meaning of plagiarism
Is word for word plagiarism not better than this bomb? grin
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by naijaking1: 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
nortcentrallord:

Maybe your father toasted your mother while giving speech. It baffles me how education has gone this bad in my country or is it that people just argue Blindly? Nigeria my Nigeria!

No childish talk. This forum is for grownups not for middle school kids.
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by chieveboy(m): 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
VULCAN:
A victim of a ruined educational system has posted. When you read their crap you will know. Somebody is PROUD that he knows Buhari but he does not know Charles De Gaulle. My God! This is why products of our schools in the past 15 years can rarely deliver world class results unless they travel abroad to renew their minds.

I first read of de Gaulle when I was in secondary school.

I doubt if you also know who Abraham Lincoln was as well.

My brother let's do something and help ourselves:

Prove that you are a product of a better school. There is a subject in good schools known as Pragmatics and Semantics:

My opening comment started with "in that case"...
Given that despite a brief history of Charles DE Gaulle (assuming I truly do not know him) was attached to that piece of trash...I went ahead to label him 'Mai kunu' as against his real name...and sounded not to know him. If you went to a good school...if only you had that little bit of extra-ordinaire in you even as a mustard seed, you would have understood the tone of my post, my motive and the message I wish to pass across to those who used that low-iq attempt at negatively inciting the remnant of we (inherently) optimistic and faithful Nigerians.

You can see that after your attempt to showcase your brand of Nigerian education, it appears we have more reason to be concerned of our education system.

You failed to read into the message; or as it is: The message nested beyond the reach of your IQ...may be our youths who have to go abroad (else...) need to come home... please take my 'crap' to a Discourse Analyst for further verification (in absence of 'refreshed minds in abroad') because I sense you will come back with more advice for we "Victims of ruined education system"

PS: if it where a Poem, "crap" means: Anybody can conjure up the sentence "I belong to everybody and belong to nobody" If Charles De Gaulle had used something similar, that is not plagiarism; even is so, it isn't as important as the import of the message to Nigerians right now (Nigerians should be positively focused on the issue of the day). That's about the summary and import of my post.

"He forgives everything who understands everything"

"In all thy seeking, seek understanding" Cheers and peace to the weary (two fingers up)
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by nortcentrallord(m): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
naijaking1:

No childish talk. This forum is for grownups not for middle school kids.

Funny how a self acclaimed old man can't comprehend a simple statement from a "middle school kid" what a shame!
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Lagazine(m): 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
in fact, I pity your conditions. Some people are just doing follow follow in dia comments. How on earth will u join the Sadducees to castrate a man who mean good for our country? PMB plagiarize or not, he has passed his message out to the best of our understanding. Moreover, Lenitz work on Calculus without meeting with Isaac Newton in his life time. They both work differently on it. Lebnitz called it calculus while Newton called it "Theory of flux". so, who stole whose hand work among both? u better go and burry your head in shame because, God has giving us this president and he cant be moved by whatsoever u say..
Re: Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal by Origin(f): 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
I beg who said "I love you" first.
There is no how this won't happen.
There was a day I had an original thought and I googled it. Someone already said it.
The only thing is they wrote it down first.

Are we saying people own words now.

If there are 100billion in the world. What's the probability they've thought the same things, said the same things worn the same things.

Sometimes I don't comment on nairaland because someone already said the same thing I wanted to say. So I just press like.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vincent Egechukwu Obetta: Nnamdi Kanu Played Into Nigerian Government's Hands / Peter Obi Is Not Stingy- A rebuttal to Fr Mbaka's Claims (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu On His Plans For Youths & Peter Obi's Lagos Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.