Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,395 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:09 AM

How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? (8657 Views)

Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? / How Can Jesus Be Both God And God's Son? / How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
dolphinheart:

get serious and stop looking for cheap points, the Hebrew scriptures where written thousands of years before mohameds father knew his mother , you expect such people who lived in those days to succefully preserve the scrolls in which it was written?
they do not have the technology ,neither do they have the material.

These brings about the difference between the koran and the bible. those who read the bible and follow it's instructions do not need a perfect physical authenticity of the bible before they adhere to its content, the content itself proves the authenticity and not the paper in which it was written.

whateva language the bible is present in, the content and not the paper is most important. you could not proof that the content is currupted, you could not even come up with an agreed list of approved verses customers it will affect your ability to reject it if you later found out it affects your belief.

read what I wrote about the koran carefully, never talked about who wrote it!, I was talking about its content!
my views still stands, the Koran is always trying to find relevance by using the bible, personaly, unless given contrary explanations, I believe the Koran is a collection of modified tales, stories, events, laws from other previous books, a poor plagliarisation which deliberately omitted facts so as to avoid exposure.
if it was mohamed that authored the koran, then my views above is what he authored.

what else would you expect from the author of a book, do you think he was going to paint his works in bad light?

using parts of other books to authenticate itself and at the same time finding fault with those other books when considered in its entirety is a move that I can never buy!

how can you tell me to produce the likes of the koran, no two authors can produce same book!, words , content, ideas, meanings, will definitely be different!

Mohammed and his followers trying to score cheap points since 500AD and if they cannot they try to find the weak and impose it on them by force. Sorry, no can do.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Rilwayne001: 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
Christian 1: Jesus is God the son

Christian 2: no, Jesus is not God.

Christian 3: Jesus is Yahweh.

shocked shocked Confusion everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
[s]
dolphinheart:

get serious and stop looking for cheap points, the Hebrew scriptures where written thousands of years before mohameds father knew his mother , you expect such people who lived in those days to succefully preserve the scrolls in which it was written?
they do not have the technology ,neither do they have the material.

These brings about the difference between the koran and the bible. those who read the bible and follow it's instructions do not need a perfect physical authenticity of the bible before they adhere to its content, the content itself proves the authenticity and not the paper in which it was written.

whateva language the bible is present in, the content and not the paper is most important. you could not proof that the content is currupted, you could not even come up with an agreed list of approved verses customers it will affect your ability to reject it if you later found out it affects your belief.

read what I wrote about the koran carefully, never talked about who wrote it!, I was talking about its content!
my views still stands, the Koran is always trying to find relevance by using the bible, personaly, unless given contrary explanations, I believe the Koran is a collection of modified tales, stories, events, laws from other previous books, a poor plagliarisation which deliberately omitted facts so as to avoid exposure.
if it was mohamed that authored the koran, then my views above is what he authored.

what else would you expect from the author of a book, do you think he was going to paint his works in bad light?

using parts of other books to authenticate itself and at the same time finding fault with those other books when considered in its entirety is a move that I can never buy!

how can you tell me to produce the likes of the koran, no two authors can produce same book!, words , content, ideas, meanings, will definitely be different!
[/s]

I don't have time to write much. Produce a single chapter of Quran

Produce any older version of Quran

The first Hebrew Bible was no where to be found, the present day Hebrew Bible is a translation from English

The Quran is logical with signs which prove science of earth, big bang and many more. Which Bible fails.

Changes occur in the Bible, the word begotten son has been removed The Revised Standard Version has been revised by 32 Christian Scholars of the highest eminence, backed by 50 different co- operating denominations and these Scholars have removed this blasphemous word without any ceremony as an interpolation, concoction, fabrication, and adulteration.

and many more errors in Bible.

point out a single verse that change in Quran even in a single a "alif". (first alphabet of Arabic)

5 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:
Christian 1: Jesus is God the son

Christian 2: no, Jesus is not God.

Christian 3: Jesus is Yahweh.

shocked shocked Confusion everywhere.

Then surely that Book is corrupted by evil of men, it cannot be from God, as God is not the author of confusion.

Corinthians 14:33 King James Version (KJV) For God is not the author of confusion, but of
peace, as in all churches of the saints.

5 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dolphinheart(m): 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2016
dueal:

Mohammed and his followers trying to score cheap points since 500AD and if they cannot they try to find the weak and impose it on them by force. Sorry, no can do.

I thought their was going to be a serious reason why he thought the scriptures had been currupted, but bringing about the fact that that the original paper could not be preserved up till this date is hitting below the belt.

I once had a discussion with some Muslims over who Abraham wanted to sacrifice, they believe it was Ishmael and not Isaac, but they could not offer any prove, yet they try to discredit the event as recorded in the Hebrew scriptures.

The event as told in the Hebrew scriptures added age, locations and names when it gave account of the event, but they refuse to provide any such data when they belive it was Ishmael.
when I look at some of their actions, I believe it was taken so as to be in competition with the Jews and Christians .
from the fomulation of a new calender to the Holy sites and modification of previous events to suite their tribe and religion.
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
FriendChoice:
[s][/s]

The first Hebrew Bible was no where to be found, the present day Hebrew Bible is a translation from English

The Quran is logical with signs which prove science of earth, big bang and many more. Which Bible fails.

Changes occur in the Bible, the word begotten son has been removed The Revised Standard Version has been revised by 32 Christian Scholars of the highest eminence, backed by 50 different co- operating denominations and these Scholars have removed this blasphemous word without any ceremony as an interpolation, concoction, fabrication, and adulteration.

point out a single verse that change in Quran even in a single a "alif". (first alphabet of Arabic)

If your knowledge of scientific evidence/proofs is based on the Quaran then you need a awakening.
The sun rising and setting in a pond of milk? Man formed by dust, then drop of blood, then sperm, then a womans secretion?

Anyone can bash all religions including Christianity with science so leave science out of this playground.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2016
dueal:

If your knowledge of scientific evidence/proofs is based on the Quaran then you need a awakening.
The sun rising and setting in a pond of milk? Man formed by dust, then drop of blood, then sperm, then a womans secretion?

Anyone can bash all religions including Christianity with science so leave science out of this playground.

No. Quran was tested positive with science. If you want I will created another thread for that. by the way.

Bible have versions which things differ from this version to another, example is the begotten son I mentioned. There are many more.

please point out one in the Quran, that changea when new copy is produced.

The answer is simple. You cannot.

3 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dolphinheart(m): 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
FriendChoice:
[s][/s]

when facts cannot be countered, excuse will be given

you have not added lies to your post

no problem, good to note that the Koran beliefs unproven theories.
pls tell me one thing that the bible failed at on proven science.

pls tell me , is the word not supposed to be their and thus removed or was it supposed to be their but was falsely removed.?

the authenticity of your beliefs is in the physicality of evidence, mine is much higher!

give the Koran two or three thousand more years and we shall see, already their is wahala as to the meaning of some Arabic words

point out a single verse that change in Quran even in a single a "alif". (first alphabet of Arabic)[/quote]
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2016
FriendChoice:

No. Quran was tested positive with science. If you want I will created another thread for that. by the way.

Bible have versions which things differ from this version to another, example is the begotten son I mentioned. There are many more.

please point out one in the Quran, that changea when new copy is produced.

The answer is simple. You cannot.

Have you read the History of the Quaran? Did you know Mohammed was not alive to pen down his teaching on paper? Did you know there was a burning of the Quaran after the first published works? Did you know Mohammed was poisoned and layed in a shallow grave, did not rise and his body, according to the words of his own proclamation of himself, was defiled by a wild pig?

Your Imams will not tell you. Read your history and your honest researchers of your book.

No need for a thread, one here is enough.

There are no virgins or wives waiting for anyone in Yahwehs kingdom. Spirit sexually activity...seriously?

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2016
[s]
dueal:

Have you read the History of the Quaran? Did you know Mohammed was not alive to pen down his teaching on paper? Did you know there was a burning of the Quaran after the first published works? Did you know Mohammed was poisoned and layed in a shallow grave, did not rise and his body, according to the words of his own proclamation of himself, was defiled by a wild pig?

Your Imams will not tell you. Read your history and your honest researchers of your book.
[/s]

Am done with you sir, you could not produce it while I have produced error in the Bible. Even if you quote me, I will not reply you on this. Baseless argument when you cannot give prove. Am done concerning CORRUPTION of the Bible. Unless you point out changes in Quran just like Bible or else forget it.

4 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 3:42pm On Sep 28, 2016
FriendChoice:

Am done with you sir, you could not produce it while I have produced error in the Bible. Even if you quote me, I will not reply you on this. Baseless argument when you cannot give prove. Am done concerning CORRUPTION of the Bible. Unless you point out changes in Quran just like Bible or else forget it.

Spirit sexual activity in paradise...be serious.
To point out corruption you need an evidence of corruption which you cannot produce of the Bible. The bible has never been burnt for fear that it was corrupt in circulation, But the Quaran has been burnt at least twice in it's history. Read your Hadith works for history.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2016
dolphinheart:

when facts cannot be countered, excuse will be given

you have not added lies to your post

no problem, good to note that the Koran beliefs unproven theories.
pls tell me one thing that the bible failed at on proven science.

pls tell me , is the word not supposed to be their and thus removed or was it supposed to be their but was falsely removed.?

the authenticity of your beliefs is in the physicality of evidence, mine is much higher!

give the Koran two or three thousand more years and we shall see, already their is wahala as to the meaning of some Arabic words

don't be a Fool, I should tell you which word was falsely remove don't you read the reply, don't you read who removed it, don't you read what they said it's interpolation, concoction and fabrication.

Concerning scientific error, you requested for one, here you get it

If we read, in Ezra Ch. No. 2, Verse No. 65, it says…There were 200 singing men and women - Nehemiah Ch. No. 7, Verse No. 67…‘There were 245 singing men and women.’ Were they 200 - or were they 245 singing men and women? Context is the same - A mathematical contradiction.

Genesis, 1 st Ch., it is mentioned - It says… ‘Almighty God created the Heavens and the Earth, in six days and talks about a evening and a morning, referring to a 24 -
hour day.

Today scientists tell us, that the universe cannot be created in a 24 hour period of six days. Qur’an too speaks about six ‘ayyams’ . The Arabic word singular is ‘yaum’ plural is ‘ayyam’ . It can either mean a day of 24 hours, or it is a very long period, an ‘yaum’ , an epoch.
Scientists say we have no objection in agreeing that the universe - it could have been created in 6 very long periods.

4 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
dolphinheart:

I thought their was going to be a serious reason why he thought the scriptures had been currupted, but bringing about the fact that that the original paper could not be preserved up till this date is hitting below the belt.

I once had a discussion with some Muslims over who Abraham wanted to sacrifice, they believe it was Ishmael and not Isaac, but they could not offer any prove, yet they try to discredit the event as recorded in the Hebrew scriptures.

The event as told in the Hebrew scriptures added age, locations and names when it gave account of the event, but they refuse to provide any such data when they belive it was Ishmael.
when I look at some of their actions, I believe it was taken so as to be in competition with the Jews and Christians .
from the fomulation of a new calender to the Holy sites and modification of previous events to suite their tribe and religion.

Your guesses are good as mine. Mohammed was a man who envisioned himself to be like Alexander the great + Jesus + Eliyah. So he after receiving inheritance from his first and much older than himself Arab Catholic Christian wife decided to setout to be those greats.
And since every leader needs a large followership to be popular enough he set out to use any means to make dat happen.

From lying on messages from angels, even when he confessed of a demon speaking to him to claiming the words fell on his lap bound in a book. Then calling himself by himself a prophet, and yet no single prophecy. Well we see the lie.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
solite3:
if you don't know who Mohammad is, I pity for you.
ok. why don't u open a thread and tell us what you know about him pls?
i can see now one of the reason why GOD created Hell fire, u people are too stubborn to apply simple sincereity to study on issues u have no knowledge about. if now i should ask you a simple question about prophet Mohammad (PBH) u have to go on anti-islamic sites to source out your points Which will never supply u with a positive answer.

"There is among them a section who distort the book with their tongues: (As they read ) you would think it is a part of the book, but it is not part of the book; and they say, " That is from Allah, " but it is not from Allah: it is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it! (Quran 3:78)

4 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
FriendChoice:

don't be a Fool, I should tell you which word was falsely remove don't you read the reply, don't you read who removed it, don't you read what they said it's interpolation, concoction and fabrication.

If we read, in Ezra Ch. No. 2, Verse No. 65, it says…There were 200 singing men and women - Nehemiah Ch. No. 7, Verse No. 67…‘There were 245 singing men and women.’ Were they 200 - or were they 245 singing men and women? Context is the same - A mathematical contradiction.

Genesis, 1 st Ch., it is mentioned - It says… ‘Almighty God created the Heavens and the Earth, in six days and talks about a evening and a morning, referring to a 24 -
hour day.

Today scientists tell us, that the universe cannot be created in a 24 hour period of six days. Qur’an too speaks about six ‘ayyams’ . The Arabic word singular is ‘yaum’ plural is ‘ayyam’ . It can either mean a day of 24 hours, or it is a very long period, an ‘yaum’ , an epoch.
Scientists say we have no objection in agreeing that the universe - it could have been created in 6 very long periods.

Please show me the creation story in the Quaran. The same science that says 6 days is too small and years ago had a Big Bang theory which is now disbanded is the same science that tells you that your forefathers is a fish.

Use logic. 6 days is nothing for God. Carbon dating is not a scientific measure of time.

More on science. The atomic structure that is in popular circulation today is classified as erroneous by mordern science. Which will you believe?

The number in the story for 200 and 245 is not a denouement on the spiritual content of the Bible. Haven't you seen one man say they where 4 thieves and another say they where probably 30?

The problem is, the Quaran says it fell from heaven. While the bible as a collection of books is made of story, history, spiritual knowledge, prophecies and moral teachings.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
dueal:

The word Trinity is miss defined to Muslims and by Christians. But John 1 is as it says. If Adoni is ruler/master/king in human form then by your logic David was referring to the king of his day when he said such. But here is where you become illogical, David was king at the time-

Psa 18:50 Great deliverance He gives to His king, And shows mercy to His anointed, To David and his descendants forevermore.

READ;
Psa 110:3 Your people shall be volunteers In THE DAY(singular) of Your power; In the beauties of holiness, from the womb of the morning, You have the dew of Your youth.

Psa 110:4 The LORD has sworn And will not relent, "You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek."

Find out who Melchizedek is and his order.

if you need more explanation and exposure on the ignorance spread amongst Muslims by their scholars ask.

I don't think u read to understand what i wrote previously
From all indications is you that's miss defining the trinity
Again! Adoni (ruler/master/king) is used in Hebrew to reference Kings or a sign of respect between positions. what's illogical here?
Pls explain to us what TRINITY means to you? what's the position of Jesus in the trinity?
Am asking you this bcus Christians view Jesus differently and that will help me address your case properly

4 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Gboyee4fun(m): 7:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
Empiree:
Lol....lol lol lol I don't think you read your bible very well

who are you!!!
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Empiree: 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
Gboyee4fun:

who are you!!!
I am what you read about me. Any more question?
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dolphinheart(m): 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2016
FriendChoice:

you are the one acting as if you don't understand anything, you just told me some words where removed and I asked you simple questions based on the words you claimed where removed.
mind you, this is a translation of the bible by a group of humans, it is not the original bible, for you to claim they tampered with it, so I asked you to pls tell me , is the word that was removed not supposed to be their and thus removed or was it supposed to be their but was falsely removed.?
Once you lay claims without reasoning it first, inability to answer questions related to to the issue occurs.

see you, you are supposed to bring up bible words that is proven false by science, you are bringing up differences in records by 2 different people. I do not know the reason why the numbers are different, but I'm sure both of them gave the record they believed where true!, nehimiah said he found the register and not that he counted them himself, therefore we do not know if he is mentioning those numbers from the same record that Ezra used or if it's the same record but has been adjusted overtime.
Here is one big difference between the Koran and bible, the bible gives dates, numbers, names, something the Koran could not.

hour day.

adding your own explanation to the bible just to find fault with it will not help your cause, cus I don't know where you saw 24 hours in the scriptures or where evening and morning automatically means 24 hours.
A day in the creation as recorded in genesis is not 24 hours my friend!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2016
aminusanti:

I don't think u read to understand what i wrote previously
From all indications is you that's miss defining the trinity
Again! Adonai (ruler/master/king) is used in Hebrew to reference Kings or a sign of respect between positions. what's illogical here?
Pls explain to us what TRINITY means to you? what's the position of Jesus in the trinity?
Am asking you this bcus Christians view Jesus differently and that will help me address your case properly

Firstly, Adonai is used in Hebrew to refer to the I AM same as Hashem, Elohim, Yahweh, Eli.

The name of God used most often in the Hebrew Bible is the Tetragrammaton YHWH (Hebrew: יהוה‎‎). It is frequently anglicized as Jehovah and Yahweh and written in most English editions of the Bible as "the Lord" owing to the Jewish tradition of reading it as Adonai ("My Lords"wink out of respect.

Here is where I say your logic fails in that passage where David said: the Lord said to my Lord sit at my right hand till I make thy enemies thy footstool.
You logic is; as Lord means Adonai and king ruler on the throne then David must have been referring to his Adonai(king ruler) as my lord. But here is where it fails, FOR DAVID WAS ADONAI(king ruler) at that instance so he can not say this of himself to himself. You can choose to be blindsided.

Now about the word Trinity, there is a reason men have used that word. One because in Genesis when Elohim was to create man He said; Let Us make man in Our image after Our Likeness.
In another place Elohim says; See man, all united, let Us scatter them lest they find the fruit of Life and live forever now knowing good and evil.

The Elohim in Hebrew is called the God head; the nature of this God Head is not known in totality but revealed in places. When the Messiah/Yahoshuah says in John 17:20-26, which speaks of the promise of Oneness. This is the same One you see in your famous quotes of; The Lord our God is one. ONE, just like someone can say you are one with your father or mother. ONE in agreement. ONE in mind, ONE in ways. Not one in same entity.

There lies the misuse and error of saying "Trinity". Instead the word "TriUnity" will be more proper, even though we as Messianic know that we also share in this Oneness with God.

This is very much and far different from the promise of Islam, where you all are slaves of Allah.
A servant is different from a slave.

Dictionary meaning:
Servant: a devoted and helpful follower or supporter.

Slave: a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.

A servant is in agreement, not forcefully invoked to perform works called of by who he serves a mission of.

But a slave is forced and has not a say on matters. He hears go and he goes. Jump and he jumps.

We are servants and sons of the Most High.
You do not have to agree, the dog does not have to accept that it is free to run away from its masters house either.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Gboyee4fun(m): 3:20am On Sep 29, 2016
Empiree:
I am what you read about me. Any more question?

who are you?
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Gboyee4fun(m): 3:24am On Sep 29, 2016
FriendChoice:

Then surely that Book is corrupted by evil of men, it cannot be from God, as God is not the author of confusion.

Corinthians 14:33 King James Version (KJV) For God is not the author of confusion, but of
peace, as in all churches of the saints.

your Mohammed read the bible, you think Arabic is the first language of this earth, your Quran is the confused book, that's why some idiot are killing for jihad

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2016
dueal:

Firstly, Adonai is used in Hebrew to refer to the I AM same as Hashem, Elohim, Yahweh, Eli.

The name of God used most often in the Hebrew Bible is the Tetragrammaton YHWH (Hebrew: יהוה‎‎). It is frequently anglicized as Jehovah and Yahweh and written in most English editions of the Bible as "the Lord" owing to the Jewish tradition of reading it as Adonai ("My Lords"wink out of respect.

Here is where I say your logic fails in that passage where David said: the Lord said to my Lord sit at my right hand till I make thy enemies thy footstool.
You logic is; as Lord means Adonai and king ruler on the throne then David must have been referring to his Adonai(king ruler) as my lord. But here is where it fails, FOR DAVID WAS ADONAI(king ruler) at that instance so he can not say this of himself to himself. You can choose to be blindsided.

Now about the word Trinity, there is a reason men have used that word. One because in Genesis when Elohim was to create man He said; Let Us make man in Our image after Our Likeness.
In another place Elohim says; See man, all united, let Us scatter them lest they find the fruit of Life and live forever now knowing good and evil.

The Elohim in Hebrew is called the God head; the nature of this God Head is not known in totality but revealed in places. When the Messiah/Yahoshuah says in John 17:20-26, which speaks of the promise of Oneness. This is the same One you see in your famous quotes of; The Lord our God is one. ONE, just like someone can say you are one with your father or mother. ONE in agreement. ONE in mind, ONE in ways. Not one in same entity.

There lies the misuse and error of saying "Trinity". Instead the word "TriUnity" will be more proper, even though we as Messianic know that we also share in this Oneness with God.

This is very much and far different from the promise of Islam, where you all are slaves of Allah.
A servant is different from a slave.

Dictionary meaning:
Servant: a devoted and helpful follower or supporter.

Slave: a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.

A servant is in agreement, not forcefully invoked to perform works called of by who he serves a mission of.

But a slave is forced and has not a say on matters. He hears go and he goes. Jump and he jumps.

We are servants and sons of the Most High.
You do not have to agree, the dog does not have to accept that it is free to run away from its masters house either.
Before i proceed anwering some of your queries you sent earlier. Pls why don't you tell us the logical way to understand the verse "Psalm 110:1 and Matthew 22:41-46 ("The LORD said to my Lord"wink with reasons according to your understanding sir. thanks

3 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2016
aminusanti:

Before i proceed anwering some of your queries you sent earlier. Pls why don't you tell us the logical way to understand the verse "Psalm 110:1 and Matthew 22:41-46 ("The LORD said to my Lord"wink with reasons according to your understanding sir. thanks

The way to understand is to read whole books. I have explained the points, shown your illogical bias and asked that you find out who Melchizedek is.

You may proceed with further questions, but try to be brief.
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
dueal:

The way to understand is to read whole books. I have explained the points, shown your illogical bias and asked that you find out who Melchizedek is.

You may proceed with further questions, but try to be brief.

To read whole book for me to understand jesus is GOD? Lol...you don't have to use that as an excuse to divert on this single verse that u are failing to address. I gave my own views n reason bt u just simply said its illogical without providing your own logical proof and why.
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
aminusanti:

To read whole book for me to understand jesus is GOD? Lol...you don't have to use that as an excuse to divert on this single verse that u are failing to address. I gave my own views n reason bt u just simply said its illogical without providing your own logical proof and why.

Seems u did not read my analysis on why I say your logic on dat verse is terrible. If David had a Lord and that Lord is the one he refers to in that verse then David cannot be king at that time can he?

The logic is simple. He cannot be king and yet have another king on his throne to call Lord. DAVID WAS KING. So that statement cannot be David speaking as if he has a king.

Do you get it or is that hard to get? Do I draw a graph to explain the hierarchy?
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2016
aminusanti:

What does the word "GOD" mean to you?
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2016
dueal:

Seems u did not read my analysis on why I say your logic on dat verse is terrible. If David had a Lord and that Lord is the one he refers to in that verse then David cannot be king at that time can he?

The logic is simple. He cannot be king and yet have another king on his throne to call Lord. DAVID WAS KING. So that statement cannot be David speaking as if he has a king.

Do you get it or is that hard to get? Do I draw a graph to explain the hierarchy?
that's what I am saying u didnt read my previous comments carefully, if truly u did u wont be repeating this statement of David over n over again like I said the verse is referring to DAVID which simply means u ddnt get what I said earlier and you cant show me where I ever mentioned that Lord in that verse is referring to David. Let me simplify this now
My simple question to you here is

"The LORD said to my Lord"

Is this my Lord referring to jesus as God in person??
I don't want long repeated statement pls
My concern is not u but the readers. then we shall see who is confuse here.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
dueal:

What does the word "GOD" mean to you?
God
One and only
“the Creator of everything. He is the guardian over everything. Unto Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth” (39:62-63).

And You?

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 4:31pm On Sep 29, 2016
aminusanti:
that's what I am saying u didnt read my previous comments carefully, if truly u did u wont be repeating this statement of David over n over again like I said the verse is referring to DAVID which simply means u ddnt get what I said earlier and you cant show me where I ever mentioned that Lord in that verse is referring to David. Let me simplify this now
My simple question to you here is

"The LORD said to my Lord"

Is this my Lord referring to jesus as God in person??
I don't want long repeated statement pls
My concern is not u but the readers. then we shall see who is confuse here.

For your benefit and those who seek answers. I will say the short answers then show Bible evidence.

The Psalms were written by David, so David said in Spirit; The LORD said to my Lord(meaning the Christ).

Mat 22:42 saying, "What do you think about the CHRIST? Whose Son is He?" They said to Him, "The Son of David."
Mat 22:43 He said to them, "How then does DAVID in the Spirit call Him 'Lord,' saying:
Mat 22:44 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool" '?
Mat 22:45 "If David then calls Him 'Lord,' how is He his Son?"

God to me is a title. Read:

Psa 82:6 I said, "You are gods, And all of you are children of the Most High.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, "You are gods" '?
Joh 10:35 "If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),
Joh 10:36 "do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?

Gen 31:29 "It is in my power to do you harm, but the God of your father spoke to me last night, saying, 'Be careful that you speak to Jacob neither good nor bad.'

Exo 12:12 'For I will pass through the land of Egypt on that night, and will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the GODS OF EGYPT I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.

Exo 15:11 "Who is like You, O LORD, among the gods? who is like You, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

Ask more questions.
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
dueal:

For your benefit and those who seek answers. I will say the short answers then show Bible evidence.
Appreciated sir

The Psalms were written by David, so David said in Spirit; The LORD said to my Lord(meaning the Christ).

Mat 22:42 saying, "What do you think about the CHRIST? Whose Son is He?" They said to Him, "The Son of David."
Mat 22:43 He said to them, "How then does DAVID in the Spirit call Him 'Lord,' saying:
Mat 22:44 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool" '?
Mat 22:45 "If David then calls Him 'Lord,' how is He his Son?"

I apologize (am sorry) in advance for the lengthy thread but worth reading smiley

ok. Now lets Analyze and understand this first (The LORD said to my Lord)

*ADONAI is referred to God but Adoni to human superiors.
*ADONI— ref. to men: my lord, my master [see Ps. 110:1]

"The LORD(ADONAI) said to my Lord(ADONI=MASTER)"

The LORD said to my Lord

You people frequently argue that "my Lord" in this verse is the Hebrew word adonai, another name for God, and is therefore proof of the divinity of the Messiah. But not only is this not a valid argument, this verse is actually one of the great proofs of the complete humanity of the promised Messiah. The Hebrew word translated "my lord" is adoni (pronounced "Adon nee" ) in the standard Hebrew texts. This word is always used in Scripture to describe human masters and lords, but never God. Unfortunately, most Hebrew concordances and lexicons give only root words, not the word that actually occurs in the Hebrew text. This is one reason why biblical research done by people using only tools such as a Strong's Concordance will often be limited. While this usually does not affect the interpretation of the text, sometimes it makes a great deal of difference, such as in Psalm 110:1. Focus on the Kingdom reports:
The Bible in Psalm 110:1 actually gives the Messiah the title that never describes God. The word is adoni and in all of its 195 occurrences in the Old Testament it means a superior who is human (or occasionally angelic), created and not God. So Psalm 110:1 presents the clearest evidence that the Messiah is not God, but a supremely exalted man.
The difference between adon (the root word), adoni ("lord," always used of men or angels) and adonai (which is used of God and sometimes written adonay) is critical to the understanding of Psalm 110:1.

Christians also argue that Jesus is greater than David and is not only the Messiah but is part of a Trinitarian godhead as well (see Matthew 22:42-45, Mark 12:35-37, Luke 20:41-44, Acts 2:34-36, Hebrews 1:13). Yet, a careful examination finds their hypothesis to be totally without merit.

Since le-David, in verse 1, does not always mean "written by David," but sometimes "concerning David" or "in the style of David," it cannot be said with certainty that the preposition le, often translated "of," actually indicates, "composed by David." Further investigation is necessary in order to understand it's meaning as governed by the context of this psalm.

Let us examine Psalm 72. It was written by David "for," or "concerning," Solomon (cf. verses 1 and 20), yet the Hebrew contains an introductory phrase similar to the one found in Psalm 110. The introductory statement, li- S'hlomo, stresses that the psalm is "concerning" Solomon rather than that it is by Solomon. Even more significant is 2 Samuel 22:51 and Psalms 144:10, where David speaks of himself in the third person. Accordingly, there is every indication that the proper translation of Psalms 110:1 is: "A Psalm concerning David. HaShem says to my master ['adoni]: 'Sit at My right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.'" David is writing this psalm from the perspective of the individual who is going to recite it. From this perspective, David, as king, is appropriately referred to as "my master." The claim that David is actually (or also) referring to Jesus by the phrase "my master" is not supported by the text.

The privilege of sitting at the right hand is a mark of distinction (1 Kings 2:19). When God invites David to "sit at My right hand," it is to show the privileged position enjoyed by David in his relationship with God. It is not to be taken as literally indicating sitting at God's right hand. The terminology "right hand" is here used as an expression of God's favoritism toward David.

From a Christian perspective: Does the name of God (HaShem), translated as "the Lord" in many English versions of Psalms 110:1, refer to "God the Father" or to "God the Son" or does it refer to all three members of the Trinity? Christians are divided on the answer.

Concerning the word 'Elohaynu ("our God"wink, which appears in the Shema, "Hear, O Israel, the Lord [HaShem] our God, the Lord [HaShem] is One ['Echad]" (Deuteronomy 6:4), most Christians maintain that it is plural and should be understood in its literal sense as "our Gods," but in the sense of a "triunity." For this reason, they often interpret the verse as: "Hear, O Israel, the Lord our Gods, the Lord is a compound unity."

From this Christian explanation of the Shema, it follows that "the Lord" (HaShem) could not refer to either "God the Father" or "God the Son" alone, but must refer to all three members of the "triunity" as a whole. This being the case, how is it possible for Christians to maintain that the phrase "to my Lord" (as commonly translated in Christian Bibles) refers to Jesus? If "my Lord" refers to the second member of the supposed "triunity," Jesus, then who is the first "Lord" mentioned in the verse? If "the Lord" (HaShem) in the Shema is a "triunity" united in the divine name, that is, "the Lord is our Gods," the first "Lord" in Psalms 110:1 must also refer to the united "triunity." If this is so, then the phrase "to my Lord" automatically excludes Jesus, who allegedly is already included in the first part of the verse, "the Lord."

Furthermore, if the second "Lord," supposedly Jesus, is sitting next to the first "Lord," the triune godhead or two-thirds of it, or any aggregate of it, he cannot be part of it. That which exists outside of God cannot be God.

God to me is a title. Read:

Psa 82:6 I said, "You are gods, And all of you are children of the Most High.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, "You are gods" '?
Joh 10:35 "If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),
Joh 10:36 "do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?

Gen 31:29 "It is in my power to do you harm, but the God of your father spoke to me last night, saying, 'Be careful that you speak to Jacob neither good nor bad.'

Exo 12:12 'For I will pass through the land of Egypt on that night, and will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the GODS OF EGYPT I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.

Exo 15:11 "Who is like You, O LORD, among the gods? who is like You, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?
Ask more questions.

Yes, people in the Jewish old culture were called "God, Lord, Master" before Jesus' existence on earth as a sign of respect between positions and also many people before Jesus were named even at birth "El Gibor (Mighty God)", just like people were also named "Ezekiel (Strong God)", "Elli (God)", "Gabriel (Strong God)", etc... in jewish culture. It is quite unfortunate that in the old Jewish culture, people used to be named "Godly" names. This is quite misleading and deceiving to Christians when they try to define the deity of Jesus

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Similarities Between Islam And Catholicism / Women On Trousers In The Church / I Am An Atheist, A Proud One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.