Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? (8290 Views)

Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? / How Can Jesus Be Both God And God's Son? / How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
aminusanti:

Appreciated sir

I apologize (am sorry) in advance for the lengthy thread but worth reading smiley

ok. Now lets Analyze and understand this first (The LORD said to my Lord)

*ADONAI is referred to God but Adoni to human superiors.
*ADONI— ref. to men: my lord, my master [see Ps. 110:1]

"The LORD(ADONAI) said to my Lord(ADONI=MASTER)"

The LORD said to my Lord

You people frequently argue that "my Lord" in this verse is the Hebrew word adonai, another name for God, and is therefore proof of the divinity of the Messiah. But not only is this not a valid argument, this verse is actually one of the great proofs of the complete humanity of the promised Messiah. The Hebrew word translated "my lord" is adoni (pronounced "Adon nee" ) in the standard Hebrew texts. This word is always used in Scripture to describe human masters and lords, but never God. Unfortunately, most Hebrew concordances and lexicons give only root words, not the word that actually occurs in the Hebrew text. This is one reason why biblical research done by people using only tools such as a Strong's Concordance will often be limited. While this usually does not affect the interpretation of the text, sometimes it makes a great deal of difference, such as in Psalm 110:1. Focus on the Kingdom reports:
The Bible in Psalm 110:1 actually gives the Messiah the title that never describes God. The word is adoni and in all of its 195 occurrences in the Old Testament it means a superior who is human (or occasionally angelic), created and not God. So Psalm 110:1 presents the clearest evidence that the Messiah is not God, but a supremely exalted man.
The difference between adon (the root word), adoni ("lord," always used of men or angels) and adonai (which is used of God and sometimes written adonay) is critical to the understanding of Psalm 110:1.

Christians also argue that Jesus is greater than David and is not only the Messiah but is part of a Trinitarian godhead as well (see Matthew 22:42-45, Mark 12:35-37, Luke 20:41-44, Acts 2:34-36, Hebrews 1:13). Yet, a careful examination finds their hypothesis to be totally without merit.

Since le-David, in verse 1, does not always mean "written by David," but sometimes "concerning David" or "in the style of David," it cannot be said with certainty that the preposition le, often translated "of," actually indicates, "composed by David." Further investigation is necessary in order to understand it's meaning as governed by the context of this psalm.

Let us examine Psalm 72. It was written by David "for," or "concerning," Solomon (cf. verses 1 and 20), yet the Hebrew contains an introductory phrase similar to the one found in Psalm 110. The introductory statement, li- S'hlomo, stresses that the psalm is "concerning" Solomon rather than that it is by Solomon. Even more significant is 2 Samuel 22:51 and Psalms 144:10, where David speaks of himself in the third person. Accordingly, there is every indication that the proper translation of Psalms 110:1 is: "A Psalm concerning David. HaShem says to my master ['adoni]: 'Sit at My right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.'" David is writing this psalm from the perspective of the individual who is going to recite it. From this perspective, David, as king, is appropriately referred to as "my master." The claim that David is actually (or also) referring to Jesus by the phrase "my master" is not supported by the text.

The privilege of sitting at the right hand is a mark of distinction (1 Kings 2:19). When God invites David to "sit at My right hand," it is to show the privileged position enjoyed by David in his relationship with God. It is not to be taken as literally indicating sitting at God's right hand. The terminology "right hand" is here used as an expression of God's favoritism toward David.

From a Christian perspective: Does the name of God (HaShem), translated as "the Lord" in many English versions of Psalms 110:1, refer to "God the Father" or to "God the Son" or does it refer to all three members of the Trinity? Christians are divided on the answer.

Concerning the word 'Elohaynu ("our God"wink, which appears in the Shema, "Hear, O Israel, the Lord [HaShem] our God, the Lord [HaShem] is One ['Echad]" (Deuteronomy 6:4), most Christians maintain that it is plural and should be understood in its literal sense as "our Gods," but in the sense of a "triunity." For this reason, they often interpret the verse as: "Hear, O Israel, the Lord our Gods, the Lord is a compound unity."

From this Christian explanation of the Shema, it follows that "the Lord" (HaShem) could not refer to either "God the Father" or "God the Son" alone, but must refer to all three members of the "triunity" as a whole. This being the case, how is it possible for Christians to maintain that the phrase "to my Lord" (as commonly translated in Christian Bibles) refers to Jesus? If "my Lord" refers to the second member of the supposed "triunity," Jesus, then who is the first "Lord" mentioned in the verse? If "the Lord" (HaShem) in the Shema is a "triunity" united in the divine name, that is, "the Lord is our Gods," the first "Lord" in Psalms 110:1 must also refer to the united "triunity." If this is so, then the phrase "to my Lord" automatically excludes Jesus, who allegedly is already included in the first part of the verse, "the Lord."

Furthermore, if the second "Lord," supposedly Jesus, is sitting next to the first "Lord," the triune godhead or two-thirds of it, or any aggregate of it, he cannot be part of it. That which exists outside of God cannot be God.

Yes, people in the Jewish old culture were called "God, Lord, Master" before Jesus' existence on earth as a sign of respect between positions and also many people before Jesus were named even at birth "El Gibor (Mighty God)", just like people were also named "Ezekiel (Strong God)", "Elli (God)", "Gabriel (Strong God)", etc... in jewish culture. It is quite unfortunate that in the old Jewish culture, people used to be named "Godly" names. This is quite misleading and deceiving to Christians when they try to define the deity of Jesus

A finely presented article I must say, raising more questions than establishing anything concrete.

We can go back and forth, so let me add some questions to you.

The First words of the Hebrew Torah of Psalm 110 are;
לְדָוִד, מִזְמוֹר:
A Psalm of David.
Not; Of David a Psalm. Different meaning each one.

Languages written "right to left" mostly are internally "left to right" for meaning.

My questions to you, based on your write-up are;

1: Who is the Messiah, what is his mission?

2: What does Adonai Eloheinu mean? Is it to the YHVH, Angels or a Man?

3: Are you saying that Psalms 110 speaks of the Messiah or David? You made a point in your writeup that suggest Messiah.

The Bible in Psalm 110:1 actually gives the Messiah the title that never describes God.

4: Do you know that Third-Person writing is a style of old and still used today?

Here is one proof of David being the author of the Psalms;

Psa 25:1 To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
Psa 25:2 O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
A Christian Terrorist Attempt To Kill Donald Trump (pic)

https://www.nairaland.com/3178743/christian-terrorist-attempt-kill-donald

Christian Terrorist Charge With Murder (Pic)

https://www.nairaland.com/3173994/christian-terrorist-charge-murder-pic

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
[quote author=aminusanti post=49747334]
ok. why don't u open a thread and tell us what you know about him pls?
I don't need to open another thread about Mohammad! Enough thread has already been opened.

i can see now one of the reason why GOD created Hell fire, u people are too stubborn to apply simple sincereity to study on issues u have no knowledge about.
God created hell for liars, rapist, murders, child defilers, blasphemers, idolaters and all categories of sin, of which Mohammad is the Chief.

Concerning sincerity, if you are sincere you would not be afraid to study about Mohammad and Koran from a different source from Islamic jihadist and fanatics, who themselves are ignorant.

if now i should ask you a simple question about prophet Mohammad (PBH) u have to go on anti-islamic sites to source out your points Which will never supply u with a positive answer.
you are free to ask. If I am wrong prove me wrong!

"There is among them a section who distort the book with their tongues: (As they read ) you would think it is a part of the book, but it is not part of the book; and they say, " That is from Allah, " but it is not from Allah: it is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it! (Quran 3:78)
Mohammad truly was ignorant about "The book".
Did Mohammad know that the book declares Jesus as the son of God?
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=49834007][/quote]

my guy I am not here for all that rubbish accusations n insults. If u have any doubt, query/question put them forward here and also ur copy n paste accusations, I will answer u accordingly then we shall know who Is truly ignorant
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by APCsupporter: 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
aminusanti:
* If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 24:36 Jesus said "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."  Jesus told his followers that no one (including Jesus) knows when the judgment day will come, only GOD knows?

*If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 12:29 Jesus said "Here, O Israel:  The Lord our God is one Lord."   The words "our God" indicate that Jesus had a higher God over him, a stronger God than him.  Jesus didn't say "Your God".  He said "our God"" which includes Jesus as the creation of GOD.

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 10:18 Jesus said “And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.”?
Also in Luke 18:19 Jesus said only GOD Almighty is Good: ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.
"

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Isaiah 11:2-3 GOD had put the spirit of fearing GOD in Jesus?.

Internet scholars. Food don ready!

Truthman2012
True2god
annunaki2
Plappville & co wink

Nin of these cowards can defend their religion. I'm sure they will soon start disagreeing with themselves

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
APCsupporter:

Nin of these cowards can defend their religion. I'm sure they will soon start disagreeing with themselves
Lols. Their confusion is beyond..

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by APCsupporter: 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
FriendChoice:

Sir what is the meaning of begotten? When I said this is my begotten son, what do I mean?

Lolgrin

They keep saying that God never had sex with mary but this verse suggests otherwise. If their god had sex with Mary then he is a big pedophile and arguably a rrapist. Their hypocrisy keeps exposing them

2 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
APCsupporter:

Lolgrin

They keep saying that God never had sex with mary but this verse suggests otherwise. If their god had sex with Mary then he is a big pedophile and arguably a rrapist. Their hypocrisy keeps exposing them

This blasphemy of Christian pass my power.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
aminusanti:

my guy I am not here for all that rubbish accusations n insults. If u have any doubt, query/question put them forward here and also ur copy n paste accusations, I will answer u accordingly then we shall know who Is truly ignorant
you know nothing about Islam! My advice, try and research about Islam!
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by Princewell2012(m): 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
armpit:
Jesus is not waiting for anybody to be put under his feet. He conquered sin and devil thousands of years ago..

Hmmm i have actually bookmark this page. My battery is down. This is a very nice topic. Welldone.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2016
Read Quran 3:45-

When the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a WORD FROM HIM, Whose(the Word) name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - DISTINGUISHED in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near.

She said, "My Lord, how will I have a child WHEN NO MAN has touched me?" [The angel] said, "Such is Allah ; He creates what He wills. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, 'BE,' and it is.

BE-(cause, precipitate, prompt, provoke)

Beget - (cause, precipitate, prompt, provoke)

Bible Reading-

Mat 1:20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is CONCEIVED in her is of the Holy Spirit.

Mat 1:21 "And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will SAVE His people from their sins."

Mat 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name IMMANUEL," which is translated, "GOD WITH US."

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by APCsupporter: 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
FriendChoice:

This blasphemy of Christian pass my power.
Lol

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
solite3:
you know nothing about Islam! My advice, try and research about Islam!
Ok I will wink
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
dueal:

When the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah gives you good tidings of a WORD FROM HIM, Whose(the Word) name will be the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary - DISTINGUISHED in this world and the Hereafter and among those brought near.

She said, "My Lord, how will I have a child WHEN NO MAN has touched me?" [The angel] said, "Such is Allah ; He creates what He wills. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, 'BE,' and it is.

Beget - (cause, precipitate, prompt, provoke)

Bible Reading-

Mat 1:20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is CONCEIVED in her is of the Holy Spirit.

Mat 1:21 "And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will SAVE His people from their sins."

Mat 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name IMMANUEL," which is translated, "GOD WITH US."

And what's ur conclusion from these u mentioned?

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 12:54am On Oct 02, 2016
dueal:

Beget - (cause, precipitate, prompt,

"the similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam. He created him from dust, then said to him, "BE!" and he was." (3:59)

The following verse prove that Jesus could not be the son of God

"No son did Allah beget, nor is there any God along with Him. (If there were many gods), behold each god would have taken away, that he had created and some would have lorded it over others! Glory to Allah! (He is free) from the (sort of) things they attribute to Him." (23:91)

"He begetteth not, nor is He begotten." (112:3)

The following verse highlights the fact that I`sa confirmed the Divine messages received before him :

Bible Reading-

Jesus come only for the Jews and not the Gentiles

” (Matthew 15:22). This Gentile woman recognized Jesus as the Messiah (“Son of David”), but “Jesus did not answer a word” (verse 23). As the woman kept up her appeals, Jesus finally responded, but His words seemed to hold little hope: “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel” (verse 24). However, the woman did not give up, and Jesus eventually granted her request, based on her “great faith” (verse 28).

First, the prophesy states that his name will be Immanuel.”

It does not say that “he will be Immanuel.”

Second, Mary never called her child “Immanuel” as required by the prophecy. According to the Bible, she named him Jesus following instructions by the angel of God.

Matthew 1:25 “but kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a son; and he called His name Jesus.”

Luke 1:30-31 “The angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus.”

Third, when read in context, the birth and naming of the child Immanuel was to be a sign for king Ahaz that God was with his people who were about to be invaded by two rival kingdoms (Isa 7:10-16). The promise was fulfilled by God (2 Kings 16:9). The name “God is with us,” means that God will support us.[1] The name makes perfect sense if the child’s name was supposed to indicate to King Ahaz that God was on his side.

Isa 7:10-16 “Again the Lord spoke to Ahaz, ‘Ask the Lord your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights.’ But Ahaz said, ‘I will not ask; I will not put the Lord to the test.’ Then Isaiah said, ‘Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of men? Will you try the patience of my God also? Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. He will eat curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right. But before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.”

2 Kings 16:9 The king of Assyria complied by attacking Damascus and capturing it. He deported its inhabitants to Kir and put Rezin to death.

Fourth, Isaiah 7:14 in actual Hebrew does not say a virgin would give birth but that a young woman would conceive. The Hebrew word almah, used in Isaiah 7:14 means young woman or maiden, not a virgin. The Hebrew word for virgin is b’tulah. The RSV (Revised Standard Version) Bible is one of the few Christian Bibles that used the translation ‘young woman’ instead of replacing it with the word ‘virgin.’

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, a young woman shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Imman’u-el.

Fifth, when something is “called” a certain name, it does not mean that the thing is literally what it is called. Symbolic names are frequently used by Hebrews in the Bible. Many names would cause great problems if taken literally. Jerusalem is called “the Lord our Righteousness,” and Jerusalem is obviously not God (Jer. 33:16). In Genesis 32:30, we are told that Jacob called a piece of land “Face of God.” Abraham called the mountain on which he was about to sacrifice Ishmael “the Lord will provide,” yet no one would believe that the mountain was God. Similarly, no one would believe an altar was God, even if Moses called it that: “Moses built an altar and called it ‘the Lord is my Banner’” (Ex. 17:15). Would Christians believe that Elijah was “God Jehovah,” or that Bithiah, a daughter of Pharaoh, was the sister of Jesus because her name means “daughter of Jehovah?” Do Christians believe that Dibri, not Jesus, was the “Promise of Jehovah,” or that Eliab was the real Messiah since his name means “My God (is my) father?” Similarly, would they say that Jesus Bar-Abbas, who avoided crucifixion by being set free (Mat. 27:15-26)[2], was the son of God because his name meant “Jesus, son of his Father”? Of course not.

We can conclude that reading Jesus as the fruition of a prophecy in Isaiah is only due to Matthew quoting the prophecy, rather than people actually calling Jesus Immanuel in his lifetime. Furthermore, even if his name was Immanuel, the name does not necessarily reflect the fact, as can be seen from other names linked with God (in the Hebrew forms of El or Yah) belonging to other people. Making the claim that Immanuel means Jesus God in the flesh among His people is therefore merely an example of how the Trinitarian doctrine of incarnation was forced upon the message of Jesus by “bending” prophecies.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by saammyy(m): 2:52am On Oct 02, 2016
aminusanti:
* If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 24:36 Jesus said "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."  Jesus told his followers that no one (including Jesus) knows when the judgment day will come, only GOD knows?

*If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 12:29 Jesus said "Here, O Israel:  The Lord our God is one Lord."   The words "our God" indicate that Jesus had a higher God over him, a stronger God than him.  Jesus didn't say "Your God".  He said "our God"" which includes Jesus as the creation of GOD.

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 10:18 Jesus said “And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.”?
Also in Luke 18:19 Jesus said only GOD Almighty is Good: ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.
"

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Isaiah 11:2-3 GOD had put the spirit of fearing GOD in Jesus?.

Internet scholars. Food don ready!

Truthman2012
True2god
annunaki2
Plappville & co wink

Jesus is God Almighty, However while he was on earth he was both man and God, he "took the form of a servant" So he sometimes speaks in the place of a man and other times in the place of God for e.g " I and my father are one"
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by saammyy(m): 3:16am On Oct 02, 2016
For the christians, i want to admonish us to remember the scripture that admonished us to avoid arguments that gender strife. No matter how much we argue, it wont change anyone. Avoid people who are all out to argue, u will never win them. We should however continue to pray for them. That is the much we can do. God bless u all

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 6:14am On Oct 02, 2016
undecided
aminusanti:

And what's ur conclusion from these u mentioned?

You ask alot of questions yet have no answer to my questio. Are my questions to difficult for you or you have not found an Imam to give you a wash of a defense so u avoid them.

What was the Messiahs mission?

Comprehend this in d Quran 3:45- a WORD FROM HIM, Whose(the Word) name will be the Messiah,

A Word from I AM, whose name will be the Messiah.
Jesus wasn't his Hebrew name, YAHOSHUAH(YAH saves) was. Yet your book says whose name will be the Messiah.

Mohammed brought nothing new. Jesus was said to be DISTINGUISHED in this world and the one to come.
Yet Mohammed is your main "prophet" and The Distinguished in this world and the next is relegated to his equal or below in Islam. Think a little.

Mohammed did not write one single word into a book called the Quran, his men did 3 years after his death, and still burnt collections when they noticed variation in the different reciters documents of what they heard Mohammed say. This was so the book Quran had no variation from one to the other.

Mohammed made no prophecy, was not prophesied about, had no records in Torah and Bible yet Yahosuah is talked about in the Quran.

Isaiah speaks of a maiden giving birth to a son to be a sign to israel. A birth as a sign cannot be a man sleeping with a woman, dat will not be a sign.
A maiden is a virgin, even if the Hebrew word is not virgin but maiden. When Maiden Mary was found with child they threatened to kick her out. WHY? Because a maiden equals a virgin.

You can try denying that a maiden means a virgin and a birth sign as a sign cannot involve a man with a woman, that will not be a sign. That messianic prophecy is where the whole of Judaism lays it's foundation for the coming of the Christ. You can try to deny dat too.

One question only for me to know you are a sincere seeker of knowledge:

WHAT IS THE MESSIAHS MISSION?

IF u avoid this single question you are not sincerely seeking anything.

You can remain a denier. I am not seeking to change you.
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 7:47am On Oct 02, 2016
saammyy:
Jesus is God Almighty, However while he was on earth he was both man and God, he "took the form of a servant" So he sometimes speaks in the place of a man and other times in the place of God for e.g " I and my father are one"
So, meaning passing message(messenger) to his people then?
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by toshino4real(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2016
armpit:
The trinity God---- God the father(Jehovah) God the son(Jesus) God the holy spirit(The power of God working in spirit)...Don't also forget that on that night while Jesus was praying before his arrest, he said "FATHER if it be possible let this CUP pass me by, but not my will be done but yours"... The CUP was referring to his cruxifiction.

John 3:16 "for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so ever believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"I am the way, the truth and the light. No one cometh to the FATHER except through me"-JESUS CHRIST

Luke 24:47 "and repentance and forgiveness of sin will be preached in his(Jesus) name to all nation"

Who was the way during Noah's time? Who was the way during moses time?
During their time, if you don't follow them then you are on your own. Jesus never said he was the only way. The time of jesus has passed, we are in the era of that prophet which is prophet Muhammed (pbuh), it will be better for you if you follow him

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 8:08am On Oct 02, 2016
dueal:
undecided

You ask alot of questions yet have no answer to my questio. Are my questions to difficult for you or you have not found an Imam to give you a wash of a defense so u avoid them.

What was the Messiahs mission?

Comprehend this in d Quran 3:45- a WORD FROM HIM, Whose(the Word) name will be the Messiah,

A Word from I AM, whose name will be the Messiah.
Jesus wasn't his Hebrew name, YAHOSHUAH(YAH saves) was. Yet your book says whose name will be the Messiah.

Mohammed brought nothing new. Jesus was said to be DISTINGUISHED in this world and the one to come.
Yet Mohammed is your main "prophet" and The Distinguished in this world and the next is relegated to his equal or below in Islam. Think a little.

Mohammed did not write one single word into a book called the Quran, his men did 3 years after his death, and still burnt collections when they noticed variation in the different reciters documents of what they heard Mohammed say. This was so the book Quran had no variation from one to the other.

Mohammed made no prophecy, was not prophesied about, had no records in Torah and Bible yet Yahosuah is talked about in the Quran.

Isaiah speaks of a maiden giving birth to a son to be a sign to israel. A birth as a sign cannot be a man sleeping with a woman, dat will not be a sign.
A maiden is a virgin, even if the Hebrew word is not virgin but maiden. When Maiden Mary was found with child they threatened to kick her out. WHY? Because a maiden equals a virgin.

You can try denying that a maiden means a virgin and a birth sign as a sign cannot involve a man with a woman, that will not be a sign. That messianic prophecy is where the whole of Judaism lays it's foundation for the coming of the Christ. You can try to deny dat too.

One question only for me to know you are a sincere seeker of knowledge:

WHAT IS THE MESSIAHS MISSION?

IF u avoid this single question you are not sincerely seeking anything.

You can remain a denier. I am not seeking to change you.
U are not making any sense honestly and u are just giving unnecessarily excuses just to show u have said something, and I just ask u a single question "is jesus God" and u can't even defend it yet you asking a lot of questions and stop trying to show like I was the asking. Pls be a man and stop lying. why not reply all my previous post, it's simply bcus u have nothing to say. If u have any query u can put it forward and I will address it but u just have to be clear not just applying assumptions bcus am not the only one reading. As for ur new queries above I will address them shortly but I wont answer again any of ur query that I already answered, u just have go back to my previous post and read carefully.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 8:13am On Oct 02, 2016
toshino4real:

Who was the way during Noah's time? Who was the way during moses time?
During their time, if you don't follow them then you are on your own. Jesus never said he was the only way. The time of jesus has passed, we are in the era of that prophet which is prophet Muhammed (pbuh), it will be better for you if you follow him

It is obvious to know who one learns from.

Zakir Abdul Karim Naik the Indian Islamic preacher. The same one who tries to teach that Mohammed is the Comforter and Holy Spirit. He gave this message of The Way being for different times.

But here is the error, Moses spoke of the person of the Messiah, David spoke of that same Way, Isaiah gave a prophecy of Him and when Jesus came He proclaimed:

I AM THE WAY ( Al-Hadi (الهادي)),
I AM THE TRUTH ( Al-Haqq (الحق)),
I AM THE LIFE ( Al-Muhyi (المحيى)),
I AM THE LIGHT ( An-Nur (النور)),
I AM THE JUDGE ( Al-Hakam (الحكم)),
I AM THE FORGIVER ( Al-'Afuww (العفو)),

NO ONE comes to The Father except by me.
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2016
aminusanti:

U are not making any sense honestly and u are just giving unnecessarily excuses just to show u have said something, and I just ask u a single question "is jesus God" and u can't even defend it yet you asking a lot of questions and stop trying to show like I was the asking. Pls be a man and lying. why not reply all my previous post, it's simply bcus u have nothing to say. If u have any query u can put it forward and I will address it but u just have to be clear not just applying assumptions bcus am not the only one reading. As for ur new queries above I will address them shortly but I wont answer again any of ur query that I already answered, u just have go back to my previous post and read carefully.

You asked one question only and you ask again which I answered before and answer again here:

YAHOSUAH IS GOD.

The meaning of GOD kind is what you confuse. I have answered again now be a good sport and answer this very rudimentary question if you know the answer.

WHAT IS THE MISSION OF THE MESSIAH?
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by aminusanti(m): 10:59am On Oct 02, 2016
dueal:

You asked one question only and you ask again which I answered before and answer again here:

YAHOSUAH IS GOD.

The meaning of GOD kind is what you confuse. I have answered again now be a good sport and answer this very rudimentary question if you know the answer.

WHAT IS THE MISSION OF THE MESSIAH?

Jesus Messiah mission was to convey the message of God

Mat 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

"These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: 'Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.' (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 10:5-6)"

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by dueal(m): 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
aminusanti:

Jesus Messiah mission was to convey the message of God

Mat 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

"These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: 'Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.' (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 10:5-6)"

After sending to the house Israel, which is His birth place, He continues;

Joh 4:21 Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. "You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. "But the hour is coming, and NOW is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

Mat 21:43 "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be TAKEN from you and given to a NATION bearing the fruits of it.

Mat 24:14 "And THIS GOSPEL of the kingdom will be preached in ALL THE WORLD as a witness to all NATIONS, and then the end will come.

Mat 28:18 Then Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "ALL AUTHORITY has been given to Me IN HEAVEN and on EARTH. "Go therefore and make disciples of ALL NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Mar 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into ALL THE WORLD and preach the gospel to every creature.

Luk 24:46 Then He said to them, "Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, "and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to ALL NATIONS, beginning at Jerusalem.

Joh 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God WHO TAKES AWAY the SIN OF THE WORLD!

Rev 7:9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all NATIONS, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, "SALVATION belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!"
Re: How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? by introvertme: 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
God bless you,please expose those false prophets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Do It?: Keep Your Eyes And Thoughts Pure! / You Say The Earth Is 6000 Years Old, Yet You Enjoy Petroleum Products / Penal Substitution: Jesus Didn't Die In Place Of Anyone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.