Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray (14017 Views)

What Is That One Bible Story That Seems Hard For You To Believe / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by uvalued(m): 3:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
hahn:

Your god can suck my dick smiley
pls dont come on nairalqnd crying that ur **** is so tiny winny that your woman will dump u and u need some help... grin grin

hehee

1 Like

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by hahn(m): 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2016
uvalued:

pls dont come on nairalqnd crying that ur **** is so tiny winny that your woman will dump u and u need some help... grin grin

hehee

You should consider a career in comedy grin
Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by uvalued(m): 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
Akshow:
Who prayers don help?? ? Ain't you guys tired of deceiving ursef with prayers? If prayers work, Nigeria should be the most developed country in the world cos na we form holpass.

oh so glad that nigeria is not changing becos of prayer aint answered...ok pls enlighten me on how many economic indices we need now... that am expectant
Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by uvalued(m): 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2016
hahn:

You should consider a career in comedy grin

hmm man object suggesing to another man object a message but despise the Class that caused the man object to exist?

1 Like

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by hahn(m): 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
uvalued:

hmm man object suggesing to another man object a message but despise the Class that caused the man object to exist?

wft did you just say? Na English be that?

cheesy cheesy
Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by uvalued(m): 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
hahn:

wft did you just say? Na English be that?

cheesy cheesy
no simple abstraction for you to decipher and then you will understand english.. grin
Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Akshow: 3:42pm On Sep 18, 2016
uvalued:

oh so glad that nigeria is not changing becos of prayer aint answered...ok pls enlighten me on how many economic indices we need now... that am expectant
What are we saying what is this one saying? Oya if prayer de work, pray make God make naija better let's see

1 Like

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by uvalued(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
Akshow:
What are we saying what is this one saying? Oya if prayer de work, pray make God make naija better let's see
ok "prayer" no work wetin YOU don do? do somethig now! make naija chqnge...
Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Emmadgrt(m): 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
May God forgive you for you do not know what are saying
Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Emmadgrt(m): 6:02pm On Sep 18, 2016
May the Almighty God have mercy on you because I don't thinks that you are fully composmentis
Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Emmadgrt(m): 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
SEE WHO MOCKED GOD: John Lennon (Singer): Some years ago, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said: 'Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that.. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him' (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times. Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ): During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before his inauguration as President and he died. Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet): During A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro ), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: 'God, that's for you.' He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a horrible manner. The man who built the Titanic After the construction of the Cruise Ship, Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: 'Not even God can sink it' The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic Marilyn Monroe (Actress) She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: 'I don't need your Jesus'. A week later, she was found dead in her apartment Bon Scott (Singer) The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang: 'Don't stop me; I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell'. On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit. Campinas (IN 2005) In Campinas , Brazil, a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend..... The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: 'My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You.' She responded: 'Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, 'Cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full ' Hours later, news came that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died. The car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact. The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer) said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written. In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle. Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive.... "J-E-S-U-S" PS: If it was a joke, you would have sent it to everyone. So, are you going to have the courage to send this?. I have done my part. Jesus said: 'If you are embarrassed about me, I will also be embarrassed about you before my father.' You are my 8 in 8 seconds. I am not breaking this.. No way! I'M TOLD THIS WORKS!!!!! Bishop T..D. Jakes '8 Second Prayer.' Just repeat this prayer and see how God moves!! 'Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen.' Pass this message to 8 people {EXCEPT YOU AND ME} I Hope you don't ignore this instruction.

1 Like

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Emmadgrt(m): 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
SEE WHO MOCKED GOD: John Lennon (Singer): Some years ago, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said: 'Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that.. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him' (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times. Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ): During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before his inauguration as President and he died. Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet): During A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro ), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: 'God, that's for you.' He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a horrible manner. The man who built the Titanic After the construction of the Cruise Ship, Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: 'Not even God can sink it' The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic Marilyn Monroe (Actress) She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: 'I don't need your Jesus'. A week later, she was found dead in her apartment Bon Scott (Singer) The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang: 'Don't stop me; I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell'. On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit. Campinas (IN 2005) In Campinas , Brazil, a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend..... The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: 'My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You.' She responded: 'Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, 'Cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full ' Hours later, news came that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died. The car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact. The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer) said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written. In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle. Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive.... "J-E-S-U-S" PS: If it was a joke, you would have sent it to everyone. So, are you going to have the courage to send this?. I have done my part. Jesus said: 'If you are embarrassed about me, I will also be embarrassed about you before my father.' You are my 8 in 8 seconds. I am not breaking this.. No way! I'M TOLD THIS WORKS!!!!! Bishop T..D. Jakes '8 Second Prayer.' Just repeat this prayer and see how God moves!! 'Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen.' Pass this message to 8 people {EXCEPT YOU AND ME} I Hope you don't ignore this instruction.
Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Emmadgrt(m): 7:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by orisa37: 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
Because when you cease, you put God in Recession, unable to help you.
Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by misscall247: 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
iliyande:
Why should a Christian pray? How often should I pray? These questions and many more are constantly heard from people. Some people wonder if there is really any need to pray. This post is to emphasize the importance of praying without ceasing to Believers.

Pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (2 Thessalonians 5:17-18)

Praying without ceasing - what does that really mean? Does it mean that we should always be on prayer mode ready to fold our hands and bow down our heads at any given minute of the day? That would be wonderful, but the meaning of this instruction Paul gives to the church in Thessalonica goes beyond just the act of saying a certain prayer. It goes back to the attitude of the heart.

One of the biggest misconceptions people have today is that we can go through a full day without Him. Truth be told, if God completely left you to yourself today, you'd be gone before you even knew it. Colossians 1:17 says, "And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

The presence of God is essential to our everyday lives, and to "pray without ceasing" is to acknowledge that as a reality that we live by. Essentially, it can seem like a tall order to pray without ceasing but in reality it's the easiest life we can live.

Here are three applications to praying without ceasing and what it does to us.

Continued dependence

To pray without ceasing means to continue in our dependence towards Jesus for anything and everything. Jesus is the very reason of our existence and is now the prize that we run to. Without Him there would be no meaning to anything we say or do. We are to live acknowledging that very reality- that without Jesus we are nothing.

We depend on Him for provision, protection, purpose and significance at all times, and to be separate from Him is to be void of all these things.

Continued declaration

As we continually be in an attitude of prayer, we continue in our declaration of who God is in our lives. We declare Him as master when we surrender every endeavour we have through the day. We declare Him as provider when we look to Him for daily bread. We declare Him as healer when we acknowledge Him in times of hurt or distress.

On the other hand, to refuse to have an attitude that prays without ceasing declares that we have no need of God. What kind of declaration would you like to make today?

Continued devotion

Devotion means commitment. What or who you are devoted to greatly affects what you choose to do and how you live your life. To devote ourselves to God means to constantly acknowledge that everything we do is by Him and for Him.

More than words, our devotion is a reflection of our heart. When we devote our hearts to God, we acknowledge our desire to be with Him and to live for Him.

God bless u

2 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Akshow: 9:20pm On Sep 18, 2016
uvalued:

ok "prayer" no work wetin YOU don do? do somethig now! make naija chqnge...

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by EdDave(m): 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
No matter what religion you follow, there is always a clause which states that the best war is the one never fought.
And you guys spend time arguing with people who have neither a religion, creed nor anything else(for that matter) to believe and reason with for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Thobiy(m): 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
iliyande:
Why should a Christian pray? How often should I pray? These questions and many more are constantly heard from people. Some people wonder if there is really any need to pray. This post is to emphasize the importance of praying without ceasing to Believers.

Pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (2 Thessalonians 5:17-18)

Praying without ceasing - what does that really mean? Does it mean that we should always be on prayer mode ready to fold our hands and bow down our heads at any given minute of the day? That would be wonderful, but the meaning of this instruction Paul gives to the church in Thessalonica goes beyond just the act of saying a certain prayer. It goes back to the attitude of the heart.

One of the biggest misconceptions people have today is that we can go through a full day without Him. Truth be told,
nice one op

1 Like

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by Klare(f): 12:42am On Sep 19, 2016
ihatebuhari:
thank u lord Jesus Christ forever you are my God

pls if u a Christian try to watch the movie" God's not dead 1&2

My God's not dead hallelujah

And
Miracles from heaven
Hot pursuit
Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by uvalued(m): 1:39am On Sep 19, 2016
Akshow:
haha haha grin grin grin the OBJECT forming more wiser and greater than the CLASS that caused it to exist...
Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by dljbd1(m): 7:54am On Sep 19, 2016
Thank you for sharing this insight. It came at the right time. Thanks smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It's Important To Pray Without Ceasing Even When It Seems Hard To Pray by mytym(m): 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
ihatebuhari:
thank u lord Jesus Christ forever you are my God

pls if u a Christian try to watch the movie "God's not dead 1&2

My God's not dead hallelujah

Good movie, I'm looking for part 2. Your moniker tho,..define 'Hate'

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Life Lessons To Learn From The Temptation Of Jesus Christ / Gospel Music Versus Secular Music / Spiritual Reasons And Solutions For Delay in Marriage Among Christian Singles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.