Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? (7646 Views)

Pastor Ties Bride & Groom With A Rope At The Altar (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Lady To Return To The Altar After Her Testimony At Shiloh / Sign Fireman Storms Liberia With A Rain Of Miracles And Salvation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by lonikit: 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
sekundosekundo:

The point is that you don't know the meaning of Alter call. Any time, any where you are and after hearing the word of God you decide to surrender your life to Christ, that's alter call. It can take place even in your room.
lolzzzzzzz. is dis your own meaning of alter call?? lolzz. let me correcr u anyway
An altar call is a tradition in some evangelical Christian churches in which those who wish to make a new spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ are invited to come forward publicly. It is so named because the supplicants gather at the altar located at the front of the church building.
the act of moving towards the alter is diff from surrendering ur life to jesus. u can be saved even in ur bedroom.
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by AdeniyiA(m): 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
If you wish to participate in a contraƧt(salvation) you need to first declare INTEREST(alter call). Your declared interest is just the FIRST step...
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by sunnyside16(m): 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2016
Whether altar call or roll call a person that wishes to repent sincerely gets the call from within. Salvation is personal.
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by femi4: 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
lonikit:
I think altar call is nothing but church doctrine which has nothing to do with salvation. In fact, it's no longer helping the ministry because a lot of persons especially the backsliders are always ashamed to step out. So, I think there is no relationship btw salvation and altar calls.
Its for documentation and follow up. Its not a doctrine. Whether you come out or not, it doesn't stop you from backsliding the next minute.

Finally, there is no well broken spirit being that will hear altar call and feel ashamed
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by usquare250(m): 2:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
[Alter call is just a doctrone that helpa the church to get adeqiate details of those who have given their loge to Christ or rededicated their life. Its majorly for the purpose of followup so as to quide them of not going into their old ways again...... Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by hUmaneOne: 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
DozieInc:

Christianity is about living and preaching Christ, just like an advert, you convince people with reasons why they should receive Christ
Personally I don't think so.you do not convince or coerce anybody
It works in some cases but in majority, the person who was coerced loses zeal and they stumble by the way

1 Like

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by herald9: 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Religion might not ensue scientific growth growth etc
But I can assure you, there is much to wish for apart from science.

The morality which religion brings is more than enough to be grateful for.

Im sure you didn't know the great Einstein made this quote.
Which morality?

Take a walk into the Nigerian prisons and tell me if the occupants are atheist...

Morality was never part of religion, they just hijacked it.
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by sekundosekundo: 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
lonikit:

lolzzzzzzz. is dis your own meaning of alter call?? lolzz. let me correcr u anyway
An altar call is a tradition in some evangelical Christian churches in which those who wish to make a new spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ are invited to come forward publicly. It is so named because the supplicants gather at the altar located at the front of the church building.
the act of moving towards the alter is diff from surrendering ur life to jesus. u can be saved even in ur bedroom.

If a preacher preached in a bus and asked if you want to give your life to Christ, that's alter call.
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by systemz(m): 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
SultanOfBrunei:
our mates around the world are advancing technologically, inventing new stuffs, doing researches, making their environments and the world around them better.

we cant even keep our environs clean to get rid of mosquitoes here, we are praying and fasting waiting for a middle eastern deity to come down from the sky and remove malaria.

U dey mind dem.
Religion doesn't allow us to think at all.
Its a pity.
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
eph12:

Your first statement is wrong. You don't need alter call to be saved or become born again

It is true you don't need altar call to be born again because you can be born again anywhere, in the office, home , school, mountain etc.
But the fact remains that once you go our for altar call ,you are going out to repent and be born again.
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by hUmaneOne: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
herald9:

Which morality?

Take a walk into the Nigerian prisons and tell me if the occupants are atheist...

Morality was never part of religion, they just hijacked it.

Call it hypocrisy or not,many persons would have gone into crime if not for religion.

A cliche statement is do me, I do you God nor go vex. . Christianity will not agree to it ,but some atheists and agnostic will do

1 Like

Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by hUmaneOne: 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
systemz:

U dey mind dem.
Religion doesn't allow us to think at all.
Its a pity.

SultanOfBrunei:

being good because of religion is hypocritical, just like being religious for the promised after-death benefits, just like giving 10% of ur money to a pastor in exchange for God's blessing.

let me tell you, if not for problems people have, if not for the fear of death and after-death, if not for the enticing promises of paradise after death, churches and mosques would be empty on sundays and fridays respectively.

I can be innovative and still be super religious like many persons in the US, UK and Japan.
Religion and Science aren't mutually exclusive events.

What you should say is religion should be personal.. Practise your religions without shoving it at my face or down my throat.
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by liztemi(f): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
The moment of repentance(being born again) is just once but the practice of repentance should be continuous because it's only as time goes on that one sees things(character) that needs to be put away or forsaken, so it doesn't just end at the alter.
Coming out for alter call is simply just taking a stand publicly that one is ready for a turn around.

P.S: Not everyone that comes out for alter call is genuinely born again!
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by luckyz4rea(m): 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
Is there really any alter call in the Bible? NO! I don't know of any.

We just preach and God by His miracle leads those who truely wanna repent to the preacher or anyone able to minister by the Holy Spirit the word (gospel) of truth to the person in question!
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by villavic(m): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
i love https://www.nairaland.com/sc31 please keep passing until it gets to her...
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by villavic(m): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
i love https://www.nairaland.com/sc31 please keep passing until it gets to her...
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by Thobiy(m): 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
eph12:

Your first statement is wrong. You don't need alter call to be saved or become born again
Yeah
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by SC31(f): 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
villavic:
i love https://www.nairaland.com/sc31
please keep passing until it gets to her...
huh lipsrsealed
Re: Any Relationship Between Altar Calls And Salvation? by villavic(m): 9:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
SC31:
huh lipsrsealed
check your email and reply or 07035247207 for better chat else i will create a trend for you and i...dont be embarrassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Bad To Sing Christian Songs In Secular Way? / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? / RCCG Holy Ghost Night: Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.