Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year (27911 Views)

Osinbajo, Ministers At The Inauguration Of Presidential Council On SDGs / Current Status Of Workers Salaries In South West Nigeria / Adesola Amosu Returns N2.3bn To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by ijustdey: 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
Despite cut in the salaries of President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice-President Professor Yemi Osinbajo, both of them including cabinet ministers and other political appointees pocketed the sum of N2.295 billion as official salaries and allowances in the last one year.

Economic Confidential gave the breakdown on Sunday in an analysis of official remunerations of the President, Vice-President, Secretary to the Government of the Federation and the Head of Service of the Federation, Ministers, and other top government functionaries as approved by the Revenue Mobilization, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC).

RMAFC determines and fixes the remuneration packages of public and political office holders, while the National Salaries, Wages and Income Commission fixes the salaries and allowances of civil servants in Nigeria.

Packages by RMAFC include: annual salaries, accommodation, vehicle maintenance/fuel, personal assistant, house maintenance, domestic staff, entertainment and utilities allowances.
Other are constituency allowance, hardship allowance, newspapers and monitoring allowances.

A critical examination of the report indicates that Mr. President has an annual basic salary of N3.51m, Vice- President N3.03m, while Ministers, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Head of Service and Chairmen of Boards of statutory agencies have N2.02m respectively.

Special advisers, Speech writers, Directors General, Accountant General of the Federation, Permanent Secretaries, CEOs of agencies and INEC Resident Electoral Commissioners, each collect an annual basic salary of N1.9m. Officers under this category are called ‘members of constitutional bodies’.

It shows that only the President and the Vice-President enjoy hardship allowances of 50 percent each of their annual basic salaries; 250 percent as Constituency Allowances and enjoy other perks to be provided (TBP) by government.

Benefits the duo are entitled to include, but not limited to: Accommodation, Furniture, Domestic Staff, Personal Assistants, Newspapers, Vehicles, Entertainment, Maintenance and Estacode.

Meanwhile, Ministers, Advisers, Permanent Secretaries and INEC Resident Commissioners are entitled to 200 percent of their annual basic salary for Accommodation; 300 percent for Furniture; 75 percent for Vehicle maintenance and fuel; 25 percent for Personal Assistant; 75 percent for domestic staff; 45 percent for entertainment; 30 percent for utilities; 15 percent for newspapers, and 20 percent for monitoring.

While the President and Vice President’s duty tours and estacode are provided by government at varying rates, other officials have fixed rates.

The estacode allowance per day for ministers, SGF, Head of Service and Chairmen of Board is $1000 per night on foreign trip; Member of constitutional bodies $900 per night; Special Advisers and Speech Writers $800 per night; Permanent Secretaries, Director-Generals/CEO of agencies and INEC Electoral Commissioner take $600 per night each on foreign trips.

A comparism of the figures with earning of an average Nigerian worker with a minimum wage of N18,000 a month, show that civil servants will have to work for more than four years before earning the utility allowance budgeted for Ministers of the Federal Republic.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/18/buhari-osinbajo-ministers-others-pocket-n2-3bn-salaries-one-year/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by Waspy(m): 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2016
In Drake's voice "They never loved us"

Till we show our "Worst Behaviour "

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by maryjan8(f): 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hmm
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2016
Very hypocritical govt deluding the Zombies. they launched the “change begins with me” mantra when they themselves are not changing.

the President have adjured Nigerians to change their ways before expecting the change that they promised. So lets say we actually bought the idea, it means we all(including the president) should follow such trend.

But my question is, while Nigerians are changing, what stops the president from changing?

Let us use the “buy locally made goods to grow naira” mantra that is now a platitude as a case study.
My perusal has shown that the president is currently breaching the significance of such mantra.

The president keeps seeking medical care in the UK .His children also schooled there. He talks more to foreign media houses than local ones, buys his shoes and wristwatches from the most expensive stores abroad, enjoy foreign trips than visit to his local constituencies but comeback home to preach that his citizens should embrace local goods.

He forgot that he is also a citizen, which ought to comply and lead with examples.

137 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by alegbeleye(m): 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2016

Till we show our "Worst Behaviour "[/quote]

28 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
with the way Sahara reporters is carrying on with this government of recent my guts is telling me that APC is seriously divided against itself

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
they needs prayers in APC now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by otukpo(f): 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
And these same politicians will come and tell us that they also feel the pains Nigerians are going through due to the economic hardship they brought on us.

They come everyday preach to us on how to endure that better things can only come after hardship.

I can only say that Nigeria is in serious trouble. I don't want to curse anybody or group.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by OCTAVO: 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
Wow!
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by Bujumbura(m): 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
I still believe Change Begins with Me.

I'm ready for my salary to be reduced and added to buhari own to show him Change Truly begins with me

Phew. I just talked Like a Zombie grin

God help us in this country

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by Izonpikin: 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hehehehehe...

Zombies how market na..whilst the administration enjoys billions as take home pay(aside other stealing avenues) zombies continue to suffer with long necks due to hunger... cool

Now no more strength to argue again.. cheesy

Instead them dey go pursue jonathan wife..money wey no go still reach the masses..

Abeg make I laugh again

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
Make them enjoy..Na them get am lol. Anyone still hoping for any favours from nigerian government might as well go fetch water with a basket. Better buckle up and go out there and hustle for yaself. Opportunities abound once you have the right mentality.

25 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by Bobbysmart6(m): 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
Do we stil av the book of law in nigeria? sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by Izonpikin: 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
It's amazing that you won't see hypocrites like apcsupporter, antiwailer, passingshot, blackpanda, on threads like this..

They take off when they see the scam in this administration... grin grin

Make ona enjoy ona government..

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by Pidggin(f): 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2016
grin The North and South Westerners can reap Nigeria off without majority of the masses raising an eyebrow but if people from SS or SE, even those in the private sector make legitimate wealth, hypocrites will start shouting corruption.

$550m Abacha loot which might soon be released to us will definitely be looted again.

Cc: HungerBAD, standing5, QuotaSystem, passingshot, dropshot, NgeneUkwenu, modath

34 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by uwagimboo: 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
And these gworro baskarts will tell us Change begins with us..

May thunder that ve experienced Change, strike all this niggaz deceiving us..

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by ibkgab001: 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
Nah dem dem grin grin grin grin

Make we know how much dem embezzle
Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by Mopolchi: 8:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
WITH DIS KAIN SALARIES, HOW NIGERIA GO TAKE BETTER angry angry shocked shocked

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by luckynzo(m): 8:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
How can we pay these people all that money for incompetence?

15 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by otitokoroleti: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
waiting for zombies to come & defend their god.

cc omenka, madridguy, Hungerbad, NgeneUkwenu etc

25 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
I see the change beginning with them by entering their pockets.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by FunkyMetahuman: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
2.3 billion A whole year is not much if we lnclude Allowances

If they pocket that for four years,still not up to the "hard earned money" on pejs health acount grin

That's not Up to what they Loot though

11 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by ishiamu(m): 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
Waspy:

Till we show our "Worst Behaviour "

remember??

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by Omeokachie: 8:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
And the tyrant would say that change should begin with me.

No wonder Solomon Dalung was one of the first persons to land in Rio for the Olympic.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by uwagimboo: 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
3.2 billion A whole year is not much but cut the Allowances

3.2 billion for just a few heads

Broz u sef go corrupt..

31 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by aloziedaya(m): 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2016
Only God will help us in that country.
Lets not put our hope in these reptiles.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by CoolFreeday(m): 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
Just 2 billion? I luv this man, God bless my President. Carry go Til 2023.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by FunkyMetahuman: 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
uwagimboo:

For how many people
More than 500 Plus Allowances

Thats less 8 million Dollars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by Olukokosir(m): 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
And they think they can make heaven with thz amount they r receiving ehn

I doubt am

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by samento: 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
Publish Jonathan's regime let us compare.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari, Osinbajo, Ministers, Others Pocket N2.3bn Salaries In One Year by tommykiwi(m): 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
The dullard fighting for his pocket since 1900....This guy is a big shame to Nigeria. Keep face like small puppy dey just release from chain!

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Smart Adeyemi Sworn In As Senator By Senate Clerk / Police Arrest 68 MASSOB Members In Imo / Photos From Aliyu Giwa’s White Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.