Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,049 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? (11075 Views)

Poll: Take Your Pick

Lagos: 23% (90 votes)
Abuja: 20% (81 votes)
Kaduna: 2% (9 votes)
Jos: 5% (20 votes)
Calabar: 10% (40 votes)
Port Harcourt: 5% (21 votes)
Owerri: 3% (14 votes)
Enugu: 6% (26 votes)
Aba: 2% (10 votes)
Warri: 2% (11 votes)
Ibadan: 9% (36 votes)
Onitsha: 0% (3 votes)
Kano: 1% (4 votes)
Benin City: 5% (21 votes)
Bauchi: 0% (1 vote)
Sokoto: 0% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Historian help!Which city was the first capital of Nigeria?Calabar,zungeru,lagos / Do You Think Nigeria Would Ever Be Corruption Free ? / Nigeria Would Have Been Different Under Yar’Adua - Turai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by THEAMAKA(f): 2:55am On Oct 11, 2009
hmmm i dont know exactly what section this goes under, but anyway.

if I had the chance to live anywhere in Nigeria, I would pick Calabar.
its clean and beautiful and rich in culture. its always fun and poppin around Christmas time (so ive heard)
beautiful ladies and beautiful men.
i always hear good things about that place.

Secondly, i would choose Enugu.
its also clean, beautiful, and where my brothers and sisters reside.   cool
majority of Nollywood movies are filmed on location in Enugu, and thats one beautiful place there.

so what about you?
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by THEAMAKA(f): 2:59am On Oct 11, 2009
ahh i messed up on the poll, oh well.   embarassed tongue

it was supposed to be:
Lagos
Abuja
Jos
Kaduna
Calabar
Port Harcourt
Owerri
Enugu
Aba
Warri
Ibadan
Onitsha
Kano
Benin City
Bauchi
Sokoto

somehow i hit enter. lol
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by 2Legit2Qui: 3:08am On Oct 11, 2009
Abuja of course.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by Shola2009(m): 3:10am On Oct 11, 2009
abj!!
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by udezue(m): 3:11am On Oct 11, 2009
Any Eastern city but I can do Jos.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by chic2pimp(m): 3:19am On Oct 11, 2009
ONE OF EM' NORTHERN STATES
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:20am On Oct 11, 2009
can you people kindly pick a city, pretty please.   cheesy kiss
i wanna see exactly where most people will want to live.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by Nobody: 4:12am On Oct 11, 2009
Bauchi, Yobe or Kano.
These will help you understand the farce beauty of the unity you've been blabbing about on Nairaland.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by sjeezy8: 4:17am On Oct 11, 2009
Las giddi - because thats where most of socialite life in Nigeria is. O wambe parties, models, beach parties, etc . . . .
the outskirts of downtown,where most people dont live, not VI, ikoyi way too much traffic
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by THEAMAKA(f): 4:23am On Oct 11, 2009
nuzo:

Bauchi, Yobe or Kano.
These will help you understand the farce beauty of the unity you've been blabbing about on Nairaland.
please dont start with me.
DAMN!
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by chic2pimp(m): 4:25am On Oct 11, 2009
sjeezy8:

Las giddi - because thats where most of socialite life in Nigeria is. O wambe parties, models, beach parties, etc . . . .
the outskirts of downtown,where most people dont live, not VI, ikoyi way too much traffic
ROFLMAO grin grin grin That name sure gets me everytime.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by sjeezy8: 4:25am On Oct 11, 2009
lol ^^^^^
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by THEAMAKA(f): 4:27am On Oct 11, 2009
Calabar smiley
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by Jakumo(m): 8:18am On Oct 11, 2009
With its mediteranian temperatures and dry air, the climate of the Jos Plateau reminds one more of European summers than it does Africa, and the breathtaking scenery of the vast plains in that area bring to mind the backdrop of every Western movie ever made.

Were it not for the recurrent outbreaks of sectarian violence in Jos and its environs, I can think of no other better Nigerian location than Jos, in which to buy a few windswept acres, put up a hacienda surrounded by apple orchards interspersed with rows of fresh veggies and strawberrery, and retire there once in a while to contemplate the meaning of life.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:22am On Oct 11, 2009
Jakumo:

With its mediteranian temperatures and dry air, the climate of the Jos Plateau reminds one more of European summers than it does Africa, and the breathtaking scenery of the vast plains in that area bring to mind the backdrop of every Western movie ever made.

Were it not for the recurrent outbreaks of sectarian violence in Jos and its environs, I can think of no other better Nigerian location than Jos, in which to buy a few windswept acres, put up a hacienda surrounded by apple orchards interspersed with rows of fresh veggies and strawberrery, and retire there once in a while to contemplate the meaning of life.
too western influnced.
but its cool though.
i love your reason why.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by lightwalk(m): 8:58am On Oct 11, 2009
There was no PH in that poll
PH is simply the best, and Lagos is simply the second best.
why?

Becoz they have it all!
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by THEAMAKA(f): 8:59am On Oct 11, 2009
look at my second post on this thread.
that should answer your question.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by lightwalk(m): 9:25am On Oct 11, 2009
Yeah. that's much more comprehensive though Anambra them won't be happy wink
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by Beaf: 9:27am On Oct 11, 2009
grin
[size=21pt]Warri forever![/size]
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by THEAMAKA(f): 9:27am On Oct 11, 2009
ill add Onitsha, dont worry.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by Abagworo(m): 10:41am On Oct 11, 2009
@poster.nigeria has but 3 cities abj,eko and ph.the others are just big towns.anyone in his right senses knows abj is the best.as a ph guy i choose ph 2nd over eko.imao
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by bidemi12(m): 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2009
Lagos for life grin
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by strangleyo: 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2009
Ikoyi or Victoria Island.

Because I like the big city, but I hate slums and crime. I like taking long walks without fear of being robbed and shot.

I like clean, organized, and well ran cities. Vic Isle and Ikoyi are the closest to that in Nigeria.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by TyGabriel(m): 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2009
Actually no place like home.i b AK boy but i ll choose ABJ or JOS.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by bidemi12(m): 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2009
@Ty gabriel Jos? really?
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by KnowAll(m): 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2009
Since my Home town of Ondo Town is not on the list, and my other adopted town which I grew up Ibadan is also not on the list the nearest to both these place would have to be Lagos hence Lagos. But then I hate the slums of Lagos and to live on the island is a premium, I guess I can find something cheap around Agege.
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2009
read my second post.
Ibadan is there.

you dont have to vote, cause i messed up on the poll. lol
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by chidipupay(m): 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2009
Asaba,
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by Hotstepper(f): 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2009
Asaba, Calabar, Enugu,Abuja, in this ,
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by edwin101: 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2009
abuja of course. the seat of power. reason: good roads, beautiful houses and the city is well structured. danm i love that city grin
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by goggs(m): 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2009
Gusau, Zamfara. Sin free city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Which City In Nigeria Would You Like To Live In? Why? by THEAMAKA(f): 6:46pm On Oct 11, 2009
woo hoo! i make front page again.

and MOD thanks for fixing my poll!! kiss kiss kiss
much love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What The Igala People Of Kogi State Are Saying About Audu's Death / Ekiti Workers Serve Fayose Strike Notice, Demand Information On IGR / #takeitback Movement: Pictures From Aac's Grassroots Campaign Rally In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.