Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month (22816 Views)

FG Creates 193,469 Jobs In Ministry Of Works, Housing / Shocker! 469 Nigerian Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides & Some Earn N950,000/month / REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by micfoley: 10:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
In this recession. OK o
Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by 1stdammy: 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
batstan:

Why can't RFMAC slash the outrageous pay?
ucsparks:
[size=15pt] To bid corruption good-bye in Nigeria,, only one simple thing is needed to be signed into law:-
Stealing of tax payers money should attract a death penalty, simple and short!!!
[/size]
batstan:

Why can't RFMAC slash the outrageous pay?
No, i wudnt agree with that. This is Nigeria, there's always going to be a way out of that too, I think bombing the two assemblies during an ongoing procedings wud do. 'cos if u ask me why, I will tell U we never needed them in the first place. Yes, for real!!!. Lets start from there and Nigeria's multiple problems as jst been dealt with frm the root and the rest vanishes automaticaly................
Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by Larryfest(m): 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
They keep saying the country is broke yet they waste money on rubbish.... This is the change we voted for right Change for worse

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by Temptee101(m): 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
This so damn true. My uncle happens to be among them. But seriously how did buhari become the president? I feel bad waking up each morning knowing that this man is still the president

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by lilreese: 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2016
See waste...

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by tiger28: 11:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
blueto:
This was why I supported Jonathan's ideology on curbing corruption. He said during his campaign for 2015 presidential election that he would fight corruption with improved technology. That means, blocking the loopholes through which public office holders get illicit access to public funds, thereby preventing graft. These depraved mechanisms by NASS members to earn illicit income would have been a thing of the past.

for example. Under Jonathan, with the support of the World Bank and the IMF to the Federal Government of Nigeria, they helped build an electronic financial management platform-the Government Integrated Financial Management and Information System (GIFMIS), including the Treasury Single Account (TSA) and the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS), helping to curtail corruption in the process. As at 31 December 2014, the IPPIS platform for example had eliminated 62,893 ghost workers from the system and saved the Nigerian government about $1.25 billion in the process. But it was unfortunate he was voted out for a selective corruption fighter.
i am believing now that a good number of Nigerians are mumu. So after 6 years in power,your ineffectual buffoon was promising during a campaign tour to fight corruption thru technology? ?what stopped him from doing so in 6 years?
Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by anonimi: 11:18pm On Sep 19, 2016
osaslord500:
Shouldn't they be paid?

Yes they should be paid based on the minimum wage of N18,000 for civil servants of the SAME government, not so
Otherwise, where will we get money for:

- free & compulsory education for ALL children.
- tap water.
- health clinics & hospitals
- good railways.
- roads

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943664_wage_jpeg1488711c5349aed5f79f2e121e58b278

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by anonimi: 11:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
tiger28:
i am believing now that a good number of Nigerians are mumu. So after 6 years in power,your ineffectual buffoon was promising during a campaign tour to fight corruption thru technology? ? what stopped him from doing so in 6 years?

Nothing.
He was already using greater TRANSPARENCY starting with himself to reduce corruption. The increased use of technology was to complement the successful transparency measures already in place.
Get it

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2608719_transparencyintl_corruptionimprove2014_jpegd841e1e015b6b1cdf5ddd85e12d9bfb5

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by Nyceguy92: 11:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
blueto:
This was why I supported Jonathan's ideology on curbing corruption. He said during his campaign for 2015 presidential election that he would fight corruption with improved technology. That means, blocking the loopholes through which public office holders get illicit access to public funds, thereby preventing graft. These depraved mechanisms by NASS members to earn illicit income would have been a thing of the past.

for example. Under Jonathan, with the support of the World Bank and the IMF to the Federal Government of Nigeria, they helped build an electronic financial management platform-the Government Integrated Financial Management and Information System (GIFMIS), including the Treasury Single Account (TSA) and the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS), helping to curtail corruption in the process. As at 31 December 2014, the IPPIS platform for example had eliminated 62,893 ghost workers from the system and saved the Nigerian government about $1.25 billion in the process. But it was unfortunate he was voted out for a selective corruption fighter.

Integrated Electronic Financial Management System is the only thing that will curb corruption.
Such system should include the government revenues and expenditures, and remunerations of public officials and their aides.
It should be adopted by all levels of government.

As long as the bulk of our financial management is on paper and verbal say-so, Nigeria will continue to lose money to those thieves.
Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
banmee:
To say Nigerians mumu is an understatement. These politicians wouldn't do this if not for the approval of it's citizens. No government in the world is more powerful than it's people. Except maybe in Nigeria.

What baffles me is how Nigerians bestow a God-like status on politiicans. Dont you criticize them
... They are better than others...

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by chachanga: 5:42am On Sep 20, 2016
blueto:

Thank you, this is why I get harsh on APC rhetoric-quoters who stupidly chant nonsensical lies from the APC falsehoods factory.

Even if Nigeria needed a change, it is not this kind of change besides tthe proof of the discontinuity in governance is highly evident now.

They kept lying and claiming projects platforms and policies of the past administration and fanatical zombies kept believing them while refusing to acknowledge the fact that it was GEJ who had perfected the TSA, the BVN and the peoposes new Biometric ID card as part of measuress to checkmate corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by TeamSimple(m): 6:29am On Sep 20, 2016
GenWOJUOLA:

The honest truth is this, Nigeria wasn't ripe for GEJ, we were too young for someone of his nature. I remember that campaign vividly.
All these GEJ supporters sha..so he only realized he needed technology to fight corruption when he was campaigning..
And for your likes blaming Buhari over this act,am sure you didnt even read the report because if you do you guys wont be spewing trash. For your Info,Buhari's govt reduced their pay from 950k to 400 and from 200k to 80k..

So stop masturbating over that corrupt buffon. And stop talking as if we have just APC members in the national assembly.
Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by farihafaheemah(m): 7:16am On Sep 20, 2016
VocalWalls:
Ask me again how patience made $15m

A country of self-deceivers.

Blame all or ignore all. Don't just throw some under the bus.

170 million mumu.
Including you and ur entire family
Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by VocalWalls: 7:37am On Sep 20, 2016
farihafaheemah:

Including you and ur entire family

It's good you're pained.
Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by masseratti: 8:23am On Sep 20, 2016
Temptee101:
This so damn true. My uncle happens to be among them. But seriously how did buhari become the president? I feel bad waking up each morning knowing that this man is still the president
just under a year and half?how did you wake up when Gej was president for 5 and 1/2 years.
Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by abayomi93(m): 8:27am On Sep 20, 2016
kings09:
Nothing is even changing under dis buhari govt. Evrything seems to be getting worse especially in a period of recession. Imagine if buhari was d president in d period of oil boom, only God will know hw far. So many secrets in dis govt dat we don't knw yet. Only God knows how much is bn looted. Buhari is officially a scammer n an intellectual thief. A thief is a thief. He preaches change but does d opposite. Can we jst fast forward to 2019 so dat dis unproductive old man can take his bad luck to daura. Wat a shame @ his matrimonial age
that's where some of us are mistaking.if you think buhari will allow a free and credible election as jonathan come 2019,then you are wrong. They will employ the electoral modalities that will defeat your votes.are you going to be the inec chairman? He will employ the machinery that would defeat any opposition,with the power of incumbency at his disposal.I bet you that your votes won't count come 2019.APC plans to spend at least 16years in the federal political arena.
Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by kings09(m): 8:33am On Sep 20, 2016
I agree wit u, but 1 thing I v always observed, wen d ppl reject a leader dat leader goes no matter d rigging done. But God keep us alive till 2019. Unless buhari doesn't want to leave a good legacy @least a credible election cos right now he has no achievement to present.
abayomi93:
that's where some of us are mistaking.if you think buhari will allow a free and credible election as jonathan come 2019,then you are wrong. They will employ the electoral modalities that will defeat your votes.are you going to be the inec chairman? He will employ the machinery that would defeat any opposition,with the power of incumbency at his disposal.I bet you that your votes won't count come 2019.APC plans to spend at least 16years in the federal political arena.
Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by Omonigeriarere: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2016
[s]
blueto:

[/s]

He fought corruption with technology and massive looting still happened under him: why are ghost workers still detected after leaving office? Does his technology went on strike when his Madam was opening accounts for five companies that are non-existent just to hide stolen funds?

In fact, he himself is a corruption personified: that is why Nigeria resorted to borrowing to pay FG workers despite experiencing the highest PM price in the history of Nigeria. Worst still, non of those indicted for corruption has ever denied receiving monies from FG's treasury.

You need to wake up from your slumber.
Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by Babsjad(m): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2016
nextstep:

You know I was outraged initially, but then I got to thinking... all these aides are supporting families of 4-6 people each. Even if some are single, they must have younger ones they are supporting. So I'm no longer sure I should be shouting since these people are actually gainfully employed; they support others; they spend their money in this economy.

most reasonable comment on Nairaland ever.God bless you.
Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by lexiyandra(f): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2016
For a while now every time i read comments on Nairaland posts I always get dissapointed by the low level of critical reasoning by our Nigerian youths. But you sir/ma have just made me proud, you have given me hope that at least some people still have sense and can critically analyze issues.

The truth is that Jonathan was the right person but he was elected at a wrong time. He is and was the best candidate but Nigerians were too politically & intellectually immature and not ready for someone with his vision, ideals and manners. We are a loud if not lousy, boisterous and aggresssive people who are for the most part uneducated, unexposed and not willing to reform or improve. Everything we do is gri gri gra gra and GEJ wasnt that kind of man. He was a silent achiever.

I know he wasn't perfect (if we can consider his meekness an imperfection) the people around him were catastrophic and he was weak to do anything about it. I think in his mind he felt they can do what they want as long as they can produce results which they did. He was also trying to please some stakeholders because he had a 2nd term at stake.

I believe if he was re-elected Nigeria would be on her way to glory right because he would have nothing to lose if he did as he wanted without trying to please anybody. But as was expected tribalism, bigotry, greed and temporary amnesia have brought us monumental disasters in the guise of PMB and his cohorts who have nothing to offer (absolutely nothing).

All they do is play the blame game. As sad and as dire as the situation is we cannot do anything until 2023 because God knows that if PMB is still alive by that time nothing and no-one can take him out of aso rock. Those who are waiting for 2019 just go are on an eternally LONG THING!! Film just dey start une go chee chom thing.

P.S Those who are shouting KOWA party are very foolish. If by now KOWA cannot take the initiative to come out and stand as a serious opposition party now that PDP is in shambles and the people are disillusioned with APC then mark my words they are going nowhere. They shall remain in obscurity till they fizzle out.

GenWOJUOLA:

The honest truth is this, Nigeria wasn't ripe for GEJ, we were too young for someone of his nature. I remember that campaign vividly.

1 Like

Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by lexiyandra(f): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2016
All they do is play the blame game. As sad and as dire as the situation is we cannot do anything until 2023 because God knows that if PMB is still alive by that time nothing and no-one can take him out of aso rock. Those who are waiting for 2019 just go are on an eternally LONG THING!! Film just dey start une go chee chom thing.

P.S Those who are shouting KOWA party are very foolish. If by now KOWA cannot take the initiative to come out and stand as a serious opposition party now that PDP is in shambles and the people are disillusioned with APC then mark my words they are going nowhere. They shall remain in obscurity till they fizzle out.
Re: REVEALED: 469 Lawmakers Have 2,570 Aides – And Some Earn N950,000/Month by GenWOJUOLA(m): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
TeamSimple:

All these GEJ supporters sha..so he only realized he needed technology to fight corruption when he was campaigning..
And for your likes blaming Buhari over this act,am sure you didnt even read the report because if you do you guys wont be spewing trash. For your Info,Buhari's govt reduced their pay from 950k to 400 and from 200k to 80k..

So stop masturbating over that corrupt buffon. And stop talking as if we have just APC members in the national assembly.

What are u saying?? Even as an SA to the Governor, u collect abt 350 per month. That 950 was exaggerated. Was the Fertilizers subsidy scam stopped with technology during campaigns?? And where did u see me mention Buhari?? If u must draw my attn to anything, pls be reasonable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Northern Youths Endorse Tinubu, Carpet El-rufai Over Zoning / Festus Keyamo Trolls Obasanjo On Twitter / Uche Ekwunife Builds New House For A Widow In Awka (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.