Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,835 members, 7,851,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:54 AM

Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing (34225 Views)

Ekiti Court Remands Herdsman For Grazing On N25m Cassava Farmland / Buhari Can Dress Like Herdsman To Present 2017 Budget – Fayose's Aide, Olayinka / Fulani Herd-boy Seen Studying His Books While Out With ‘his’ Cows For Grazing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by cktheluckyman: 10:24am On Sep 20, 2016
Austino50:
how do you sentence a man who committed an offence in January 2016 with a new law that just came few weeks ago......injustice indeed.... I see this sentencing not seeing the light of the day, because this is misapplication of law
So destruction of someone's farm was not a crime in Nigeria by Jan 2016? How exactly do you reason?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Emitayonte: 11:42am On Sep 20, 2016
The offence was said to have been committed in January this year while the act was signed into law August this year. My question is, can laws be used retroactively?
Don't get me wrong, I am 100% against illegal grazing and armed herdsmen.
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by cktheluckyman: 11:45am On Sep 20, 2016
Emitayonte:
The offence was said to have been committed in January this year while the act was signed into law August this year. My question is, can laws be used retroactively?
Don't get me wrong, I am 100% against illegal grazing and armed herdsmen.
So destruction of someone's farm was not a crime before the latest law was passed?
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Chibuikem93(m): 11:52am On Sep 20, 2016
It's a welcomed development
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by alaskido(m): 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
Good move. Other states should follow Fayose footsteps.
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by alaskido(m): 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

How can u sentence a man /boy (under-age) Who doesn't even know that such law exist?

What happens to the cattle.

The government takes custodian?

Fayose should pray nothing happens to the poor boy in prison

What are you talking about under age. But they can kill and rape our farmers.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by alaskido(m): 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:
Injustice angry sad

Fulani wailer. But it is not injustice when they kill our farmers and rape their wives and daughters.
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Splashme: 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
ajokebelle:
They should be taking them one by one like that jare. Well-done ekiti state !!! other states should follow.
Let's hear what the apologists will say again.
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by ancientbanana: 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

How can u sentence a man /boy (under-age) Who doesn't even know that such law exist?

pls keep quiet, 18 is not under age anywhere in d world n ignorance of the law is no excuse. Ur an evil person n I guess ur are a northerner or a Muslim frm ur stance
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by ancientbanana: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:
Injustice angry sad
ah Northerners n their reasoning God forbid
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by ancientbanana: 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:
Injustice angry sad
yes truely injustice, he should be sentenced to 5/7 yrs in prison with hard labour
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Arsewipemod: 10:34pm On Sep 20, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

And if anything happen to him what you gonna do about it? So if the idiot did not know that the law exists, his common sense and conscience should could not dictate to him that he was doing something bad to the farmers, right?
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
[s]
Arsewipemod:

And if anything happen to him what you gonna do about it? So if the idiot did not know that the law exists, his common sense and conscience should could not dictate to him that he was doing something bad to the farmers, right?
[/s]

Its bed time lad!
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by maasoap(m): 8:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
sanandreas:

Why would there be option for fine. You people think this is yunusa's case. Justice well served. Do you realize these crops are what the farmers live on. Have conscience haba mana.
Did you read the part where I said that the damaged crops have been valued? May be the right word I was looking for is compensation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MURIC Reacts To RCCG Letter To Fayose On PDP Candidate / Emir Sanusi Orders Sharia Commission To Return Ese To Bayelsa / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Court In Handcuffs. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.