Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,788 members, 7,841,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing (34205 Views)

Ekiti Court Remands Herdsman For Grazing On N25m Cassava Farmland / Buhari Can Dress Like Herdsman To Present 2017 Budget – Fayose's Aide, Olayinka / Fulani Herd-boy Seen Studying His Books While Out With ‘his’ Cows For Grazing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Nuezha(m): 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
abokibuhari:
the only courageous son of afonja alive after the great ffk , may God keep you to fight more battles for the Yoruba nation. fayose is indeed a great man

What is 'afonja'?!

I have been seeing it used by the Igbos especially to refer to Yorubas I guess.

Please what does it mean. Because if a bona fide Yoruba doesn't know, I guess who does.

Or is it just a figment of your imagination?
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by 2ruink(m): 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

How can u sentence a man /boy (under-age) Who doesn't even know that such law exist?

What happens to the cattle.

The government takes custodian?

Fayose should pray nothing happens to the poor boy in prison

You are a disgrace to real humans

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Unimaginable123: 8:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
amdoyin82:
u will all sympathies wit the people of ekiti wen dis people start their menace on innocent people of ekiti. They are not different from their cows. Fayose is just a NOTICE ME governor getting cheap points at the expense of ekitike.
this has nothing to do with fayose or d grazing law.
The man intentionally took cows to go and eat up a farmer's farm, what's d judge supposed to do? Give him praises?

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:18pm On Sep 19, 2016
I have no problem with the sentence; he did the crime and should serve the time - though this case pre - dates the non grazing law because the young man was clearly being jailed for causing damage to somebody's property; not for just grazing - Fayose had nothing to do with it.

This is how we also deal with such culprits in the north; though in most cases it doesn't end up with jail sentences because the offenders are often willing to pay for the damage or their cattle are confiscated and sold off to pay off the farmer - no big deal.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Kunlexxxx(m): 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
kenny987:

A person up to 18yrs old is of full age and responsibility in the eyes of the law! Ignorance of the law is no excuse otherwise everyone will feign ignorance forever! Did his cattle need special diet of pepper, cassava, maize and okro? Elephant grass finish? Why was he out grazing at midnight or thereabouts if not for nefarious intentions abi day time no good again?

What happens to the cattle? Hopefully they will be forfeited to d state to auction off and compensate the victim. That is full justice.
God bless you jare! What I call ignorance is calling someone who's 18 underage

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Henrichemeka(m): 8:32pm On Sep 19, 2016
This is how it should be. The cows also should be taken along side the guy to the prison. Fayose the comot with heavy security now ooooo, cos i know attempt will be made on your life. But nothing shall happen to you!
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by leavegoodbehind(m): 8:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
I so like this Governor

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by ozoebuka1(m): 8:38pm On Sep 19, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

How can u sentence a man /boy (under-age) Who doesn't even know that such law exist?

ignorantia legem non excusie i.e ignorance of the law is not an excuse, but I guess they should consider the age though

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by holluphemydavid(m): 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
Thumb up Fayose, more of dat 2come

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by macof(m): 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

see dem undecided demons always supporting the evil their people do.

all of you are the same ...the ones that commit the crime and the ones that hide the criminals or support their actions

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

Who gave u access to browse?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by adbokus(m): 9:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

You are not a human at all..you must be a monster..don't let me insult you...

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

You really must be a compund fool. If anyone happen to him wat will you do?i can see people like u are the problem we have in Nigeria, backing up injustice. His father could have warned him dat Ekiti state is a no go area.
And its d same 18year nomad dat will carry gun and shoot u in ur own house o... Ode

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by luckyz4rea(m): 9:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

Am not trying to take sides! How did you know he is an under age person? And also, ignorance is not an excuse to escape judgment!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by IYANGBALI: 9:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ghen Ghen it have happen. Every fulani must take cover

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by buffalowings: 9:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
philGeo:
18 years under age? Madam the boy can impregnated you once you open your legs.

Jesus Christ
You no get chill at all
Haba grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by IYANGBALI: 9:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
adbokus:

no mind the guy. He be like sey he want make we chop am raw for here

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by hylyne(m): 9:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

When did you join us?
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by buffalowings: 9:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
Nuezha:

What is 'afonja'?!

I have been seeing it used by the Igbos especially to refer to Yorubas I guess.

Please what does it mean. Because if a bona fide Yoruba doesn't know, I guess who does.

Or is it just a figment of your imagination?

OK

We take these terms seriously.

Afonjas are yorubas
Zombies are notherners hausas
Ipob aka flat head are igbos

So there you have it

I'm afonja grin
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by decasey(m): 9:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

oga ur pple cannot do shit if anything happens 2 him, law is law.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by tecmon: 9:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
hip hip hip hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
princeofpeace22:
A Chief Magistrate’s Court sitting in Ado-Ekiti has sentenced one Ali Haruna to two years imprisonment for taking his cows for grazing in a farmland and destroying crops.

The Magistrate, Idowu Ayenimo, in his judgement, said the accused was arraigned in his court on Jan 22, 2016 over a two-count charge of wilful and unlawful damage of farm crops at Ago Aduloju in Ado-Ekiti.

The 18-year-old Haruna was confirmed by the four prosecuting witnesses to have been caught in the midnight grazing his cow in the farm belonging to Abdulahi Yaho and Bello Mohammed.

The cash crops said to have destroyed by the cows in the farm included cassava, maize, okro and pepper, all valued at N3 million.

In his defence, the defendant had told the court that the owner of the cows lived in Ilorin, Kwara.

The magistrate said that the court did not believe Haruna’s defence as it was not credible.

He held that the police prosecutor, Mr Olasunkanmi Bankole, had proved his case beyond reasonable doubt.

He thereby convicted the defendant as charged without option of fine.

The magistrate ordered that sentence should run concurrently, explaining that the term was minimal because the offence was committed before the Grazing Law was promulgated in the state.

The defence counsel, Mr Chris Omokhafe, had prayed the court to be liberal in the dispensation of justice, saying that he was a first offender.

http://punchng.com/ekiti-court-sentences-herdsman-two-years-imprisonment-grazing/
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Forwetinnah: 9:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
Never mind..Kwakwanso will hire 80 SANs to bail him out next week.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
Fulani whats your take on this

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by drss2(m): 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

So the same Fayose you all Buhari Zombs maligned, calling him several unprintable names, for criticizing Chinakwe's dog has all of a sudden become a hero? Thought you guys all called him a bastard Yoruba son whose mother must have slept with an Igbo man. Gush!!!

Some people in this country are just so disgusting, I swear!!!
no mind dem. they insulted fayose n ffk like outcaste. d same pipul who called fayose kpomo gov ar hailing n claiming him as their own.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
adbokus:

Are u a farmer?
Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

I have not seen you make a sensible comments...what did you say about killings and destruction of farm produce by the herdsmen...is time you grow up

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by sanandreas(m): 10:18pm On Sep 19, 2016
maasoap:
That's a judgement not justice. Why without an option of fine when we all saw that the damage has been valued even though we know that the value of the crops was grossly exaggerated. Appeal court or supreme Court will quash it with option of fine.

Why would there be option for fine. You people think this is yunusa's case. Justice well served. Do you realize these crops are what the farmers live on. Have conscience haba mana.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by SeyiOmoOba: 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
kenonze:
Walahi.

Ogbeni, you be zombie ni abi you no attend school?
There is no ignorance in law and the offender is an adult at 18 not a juvenile.

Case closed...!

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by decomaniaboss(f): 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
philGeo:
18 years under age? Madam the boy can impregnated you once you open your legs.
chai cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing by Triple333: 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
God bless Fayose. Please do we have a government in Imo state? Chai

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Shuns Ali Ndume As He Returns To Senate / Before The Honeymoon Ends In Divorce, Simon Kolawole Warns Buhari / Abba Kyari: NDLEA Reveals More Details On Drug Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.