Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife (3461 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ / Florida Pastor Caught In Bed With The Wife Of A Church Member (Photo) / Who Is The True Father Of Joseph? The Husband Of Mary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by rexben(m): 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
The concept of the husband is the head of the wife is evil.
The husband being the head of the wife is a product of the curse which 'God' supposedly cursed Eve when she disobeyed and 'deceived' Adam.
Moses had it recorded this way;
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Gen 3:16
Christians believe that they were freed from the curse of the law including that of Adam and Eve.
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us (because it is written, " Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree "wink
Gal 3:13
If Christians say they are free from the curse of the law, why are they still holding unto the curse that says "and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." by saying the husband is the head of the wife?

It is not consistent with the words of Jesus. Jesus taught about husband and wife.
Lets see what He said;
4 He answered, "Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female , 5 and said, ' For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh '? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."
Matt 19:4-6
'The two will become one flesh'. Did you see that? They are no longer two,they are one.
So, if the husband is the head, the wife is the head likewise. If the wife is the tail, the husband is the tail likewise because the two have become one.
This is subjugation rather than religion.
Two will become one, it is not that the greater one will be joined to the lesser one.
A husband being the head of his wife is a culture of the world, it is not from God.
If Jesus is the head of the husband,He is evenly the head of the wife and not the husband.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Scholar8200(m): 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
rexben:
The husband being the head of the wife is a product of the curse which 'God' supposedly cursed Eve when she disobeyed and 'deceived' Adam.
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Christians believe that they were freed from the curse of the law including that of Adam and Eve.
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us (because it is written, " Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree "wink
If Christians say they are free from the curse of the law, why are they still holding unto the curse that says "and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." by saying the husband is the head of the wife?

It is not consistent with the words of Jesus. Jesus taught about husband and wife.
Lets see what He said;
4 He answered, "Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator made them male and female , 5 and said, ' For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh '? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."
'The two will become one flesh'. Did you see that? They are no longer two,they are one.
So, if the husband is the head, the wife is the head likewise. If the wife is the tail, the husband is the tail likewise because the two have become one.
Two will become one, it is not that the greater one will be joined to the lesser one.
A husband being the head of his wife is a culture of the world, it is not from God.
If Jesus is the head of the husband,He is evenly the head of the wife and not the husband.
Eating from your sweat was mentioned, is that evil too? If yes, do you go to work?

2 Likes

Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Ranchhoddas: 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
Scholar8200:
Eating from your sweat was mentioned, is that evil too? If yes, do you go to work?
There are people who live and die without ''eating from their sweat''. Are they somehow exempted from this curse?

1 Like

Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by rexben(m): 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
Scholar8200:
Did you accept that you're still under the curse? If yes, what did your Apostle Paul said Christ came to do?
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Scholar8200(m): 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
rexben:
Did you accept that you're still understand the curse? If yes, what did your Apostle Paul said Jesus came to do?
Be nice to answer me first. Besides, why didnt God ask Eve first after they had fallen? Because He held the man accountable just as the Jailor held Joseph accountable for all that happened under his watch while in jail. Genesis 39:22,23

2 Likes

Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Scholar8200(m): 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
There are people who live and die without ''eating from their sweat''. Are they somehow exempted from this curse?
That clause is figurative. However, the emotional, intellectual and/or physical exertion is not missing from any vocation.
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by rexben(m): 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
Scholar8200:
Be nice to answer me first.
your answering of my question determines my answering of yours.
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Scholar8200(m): 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
rexben:
your answering of my question determines my answering of yours.
Meaning for the time being, you have no answer to my question thus the relevance of your thread depends on my answer! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by rexben(m): 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
Scholar8200:
Be nice to answer me first. Besides, why didnt God ask Eve first after they had fallen? Because He held the man accountable just as the Jailor held Joseph accountable for all that happened under his watch while in jail. Genesis 39:22,23
He chose who ever He wishes. Since the two has become one flesh, God was asking both and not one person.
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by rexben(m): 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
Scholar8200:
Meaning for the time being, you have no answer to my question thus the relevance of your thread depends on my answer! cheesy
I'm not working. I depend on God for provisions and He has never failed me. The words of Jesus is fulfilled in your hearing. Do not worry for what you will eat, ... Matt 6:31
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. {Labour not: or, Work not} John 6:27
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Ranchhoddas: 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2016
Scholar8200:
That clause is figurative. However, the emotional, intellectual and/or physical exertion is not missing from any vocation.
Some people may not even have vocations. Like heirs and heiresses to mega fortunes.
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Scholar8200(m): 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Some people may not even have vocations. Like heirs and heiresses to mega fortunes.
but the intellectual and emotional exertion involved in managing and safeguarding same exceeds the physical exertion of a labourer.
New International Version
The sleep of a laborer is sweet, whether they eat little or much, but as for the rich, their abundance permits them no sleep.
Eccl.5:12

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Scholar8200(m): 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
rexben:
He chose who ever He wishes. Since the two has become one flesh, God was asking both and not one person.
be faithful to the passage:

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from? ”
12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me —she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
13 Then the Lord God said to the woman,
Genesis 3:11- 13
First the man then the woman

2 Likes

Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Scholar8200(m): 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
rexben:
I'm not working. I depend on God for provisions and He has never failed me. The words of Jesus is fulfilled in your hearing. Do not worry for what you will eat, ... Matt 6:31
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. {Labour not: or, Work not} John 6:27
Do you realize Jesus was a Carpenter (Mark 6:3)? Who are you following mr?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Scholar8200(m): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
rexben:
Besides you have misapllied and misinterpreted the last quote.
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Ranchhoddas: 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
Scholar8200:
but the intellectual and emotional exertion involved in managing and safeguarding same exceeds the physical exertion of a labourer.
The sleep of a laborer is sweet, whether they eat little or much, but as for the rich, their abundance permits them no sleep.
Eccl.5:12
Lol. Impressive sophistry. What about the woman's curse. Why do some women escape it. Is it also figurative?
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Scholar8200(m): 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Lol. Impressive sophistry. What about the woman's curse. Why do some women escape it. Is it also figurative?
why care for more sophistry?
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Ranchhoddas: 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
Scholar8200:
why care for more sophistry?
I think I enjoy it, coupled with the fact that I am jobless.cheesy
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by florencepoko2: 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2016
They are pastors embittered failure of their marriage that preaches that man is the master of women, because they could not enslave their wive. grin
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by ayoku777(m): 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2016
rexben:

Lets see what He said;

The principle of the man being the head in a marriage has nothing to do in relation to the fall and it is not a product of the curse. This is purely about organisational order in any God-ordained institution.

Just like the Father is the head of Jesus, and Jesus is the head of the man, the man is also the head of the woman.

1Cor 11:3 -But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Is The Father the head of Christ because of the curse too? Remember Jesus and the Father are also one.

John 10:30 -I and my Father are one.

And even though they are one, the Father is the head of Christ. It is so in marriage too. It is the principle of organisational order in institutions.

No matter how equal two people are, they can't both sit in front when they ride together on a horse. They will end up not getting anywhere. Someone must sit in front and hold the rein of the horse, while the other sits right behind and holds the one holding the rein. It's a God-ordained natural order.

And in the institution (or horse) of marriage, it is the man God gave to sit in front and hold the reins. This is not a position of dominion and subjugation, but of responsibility and service. The one to chart a Spirit-led course for the direction of the home and also to take the first and heaviest hit for whatever arrow (or challenge) comes their way.

The All-Wise God who instituted marriage also established that order for it. A similar order to what exists in heaven between Him and Christ.

And two things can make that order crumble,

1. If you have a man who is not holding the reins in love and service as Christlikeness demands.

2. Or if you have a woman dragging the reins with the man, as if it's a position of class.

So the advice I will give to Christian brothers and sisters getting ready to enter the institution of marriage is;

>> Pursue Christlikeness like your life depended on it. You need to be the quality you want in your partner, lest you become a hypocrite.

>> Make Christlikeness your number one turn on in the person you want to marry. He or she must have as much passion for Christ as you do. Lest you end up in a frustrating unequally yoked marriage. Every other quality should just be an added bonus.

When Christlikeness becomes the highest pursuit of married or "about to marry" believers, being the head or the neck will not be an issue of class but of order unto effective service. And loving and submitting would be done in a restful atmosphere of joy and happiness, not of competition.

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by rexben(m): 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2016
Scholar8200:
figurative you say? If that is figurative, then other "curses" are figurative too
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by rexben(m): 5:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
ayoku777:

The principle of the man being the head in a marriage has nothing to do in relation to the fall and it is not a product of the curse. This is purely about organisational order in any God-ordained institution.

Just like the Father is the head of Jesus, and Jesus is the head of the man, the man is also the head of the woman.

1Cor 11:3 -But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Is The Father the head of Christ because of the curse too? Remember Jesus and the Father are also one.

John 10:30 -I and my Father are one.

And even though they are one, the Father is the head of Christ. It is so in marriage too. It is the principle of organisational order in institutions.

No matter how equal two people are, they can't both sit in front when they ride together on a horse. They will end up not getting anywhere. Someone must sit in front and hold the rein of the horse, while the other sits right behind and holds the one holding the rein. It's a God-ordained natural order.

And in the institution (or horse) of marriage, it is the man God gave to sit in front and hold the reins. This is not a position of dominion and subjugation, but of responsibility and service. The one to chart a Spirit-led course for the direction of the home and also to take the first and heaviest hit for whatever arrow (or challenge) comes their way.

The All-Wise God who instituted marriage also established that order for it. A similar order to what exists in heaven between Him and Christ.

And two things can make that order crumble,

1. If you have a man who is not holding the reins in love and service as Christlikeness demands.

2. Or if you have a woman dragging the reins with the man, as if it's a position of class.

So the advice I will give to Christian brothers and sisters getting ready to enter the institution of marriage is;

>> Pursue Christlikeness like your life depended on it. You need to be the quality you want in your partner, lest you become a hypocrite.

>> Make Christlikeness your number one turn on in the person you want to marry. He or she must have as much passion for Christ as you do. Lest you end up in a frustrating unequally yoked marriage. Every other quality should just be an added bonus.

When Christlikeness becomes the highest pursuit of married or "about to marry" believers, being the head or the neck will not be an issue of class but of order unto effective service. And loving and submitting would be done in a restful atmosphere of joy and happiness, not of competition.

Shalom
I actually enjoyed your comment. You can't compare God's relationship with that of man. This concept of the man is to be the head does not originates from God. I get your point but physical things can never be adequate in defining Spiritual things.
Pls, don't see this with your church mind.
Two will become one. Lets take a practical example, who is the head among Taiwo and Kehinde?
This is God's concept and not man. The two are one, they're equal in everything and anything.
It is like just pouring two containers of water into one. It is no longer to containers of water but rather one.
Jesus is the head of both the husband and the wife.
Pls, can you be the head of yourself?
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by rexben(m): 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
Scholar8200:
What was Jesus doing during His last three and half years of His life? Carpentry works abi?
What did Zebedee's sons do when He called them?
What did Matthew do when He called him? Did he go back to his tax collecting job?
When Jesus calls you, He wants you to forsake all and follow Him Luke 14:33
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Scholar8200(m): 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
rexben:
What was Jesus doing during His last three and half years of His life? Carpentry works abi?
What did Zebedee's sons do when He called them?
What did Matthew do when He called him? Did he go back to his tax collecting job?
When Jesus calls you, He wants you to forsake all and follow Him Luke 14:33

Interesting!!! So was Jesus living by faith all the while HE was a Carpenter? Answer! Was He therefore violating that portion which you misinterpreted by working as a Carpenter (think twice laddie before answering).

And you here referring to the Apostles, are you called to be one? (Better not say yes to this!)
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Scholar8200(m): 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2016
rexben:
figurative you say? If that is figurative, then other "curses" are figurative too
I should have used the word generic there.
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by rexben(m): 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
Scholar8200:

Interesting!!! So was Jesus living by faith all the while HE was a Carpenter? Answer! Was He therefore violating that portion which you misinterpreted by working as a Carpenter (think twice laddie before answering).

And you here referring to the Apostles, are you called to be one? (Better not say yes to this!)
You haven't answered my question. Jesus is calling everyone. Jesus never called the 12 apostles, He called them friends, disciples, sheep, little flock etc. Jesus called me and His calling everybody.
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Scholar8200(m): 9:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
rexben:
You haven't answered my question. Jesus is calling everyone. Jesus never called the 12 apostles, He called them friends, disciples, sheep, little flock etc. Jesus called me and His calling everybody.
Is this deliberate or inadvertent?

When morning came, he called his disciples to him and chose twelve of them, whom he also designated apostles: Luke 6:13

Yes, He calls all to salvation but not all are Apostles.
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by analice107: 11:45pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Really? Do you even understand what means?
No human being was suppose to work, but now we work. if i work hard and accumulate for my kids for them not to sweat, there was sweating, I sweated for them. whether they themselves sweated or not, but there was sweat.

1 Like

Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by analice107: 11:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
rexben:

Imaooo. A lazy man should not be given food oo.
This man here is lazy, no one give him food.
jeezzzzz

1 Like

Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by analice107: 11:51pm On Sep 29, 2016
Scholar8200:
And Paul, First a lawyer,then a Tent maker.

1 Like

Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by analice107: 11:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Are some women who vomits babies from their mouths?
Re: The Husband Should Not Be The Head Of The Wife by Ranchhoddas: 12:01am On Sep 30, 2016
analice107:

Are some women who vomits babies from their mouths?
The Caesarean Section is a painless method of delivery, so is delivery under conditions of epidural anaesthesia.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed In Bible / Power Against The Spirit Of The Snail "Mountain Of Fire Ministries " / Euthanasia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.