Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. (35174 Views)

"MMM Wahala" A Nollywood Movie Is Already Out (Video) / Name A Movie You Watched Five Times But Still Didn't Get Bored / Graphic Photos From A Nollywood Movie Set (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Emasel(m): 7:31am On Sep 22, 2016
Phone Swap by Kunle Afolayan

Stalker
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by swagifted(m): 7:41am On Sep 22, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Yes, its been long but I think he was the rich man that refused to help his uncle when he was sick but buried him in a million naira casket. Interesting movie
i clearly remember that movie... I watched in on tape.. A long long time ago. Classic i must say.
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Macdove02(m): 8:00am On Sep 22, 2016
Nyceguy92:
It appears to me that some people just mention any movie name they could remember.
The task here is to select a movie for World view that projects our film industry in best creative light.

I would consider such criteria as relevance, focus on theme, language and expression, sound and video quality, costume, etc.
I have seen Papa Ajasco mentioned somewhere here, but that's the reader's opinion, anyway.

I have watched lots of home movies and these stand out according to above criteria:

1. Mr & Mrs.
2. World Apart.
3. Submission.
4. Violated.
5. Glamour Girls 1.

I may be wrong , but these are movies I can watch over and over again.

P/S: I think the Nollywood movie quality is fast deteriorating in many respects. Yesteryears were much better.
Correct me if I am wrong.

I object that. I think the industry has improved than it used to be. Story wise, Technicalities and sorts. Check out; Dry, Black November, The Arbitration, The CEO and some others that i cant remember. Then compare.
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by itzdeejay: 8:57am On Sep 22, 2016
A MILE FROM HOME....

this movie is dope. I think is the evolution of nollywood.

but classic, I love ijele, living in bondages, died wretched, diamond ring, world apart, billionaires club, etc
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by humbleself242(m): 9:01am On Sep 22, 2016
Jennifa's Diary
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by feyisejoy(m): 9:52am On Sep 22, 2016
BLOOD ON THE ALTER
MOUNT ZION FILM
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 22, 2016
Love and Basketball we all need that kind of Love
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by abogjohn(m): 10:38am On Sep 22, 2016
I will choose Black November and Beast of no Nation
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by rebelliousgang: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2016
Keeping faith(starring RMD genevive nnaji the quintessential Bimbo Akintola and funlola aofiyebi rahimi ), Ti oluwa nile(starring legendary Baba wande) Thunderbolt, Igodo, Diamond ring, madam dearest.
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by missingrib(f): 10:57am On Sep 22, 2016
Jenifa diary. Anytime anyday..due to the economy recession the citizens need something that will bring smiles to their lips.
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by madjune(m): 11:44am On Sep 22, 2016
emeka2847:
Correct!
I still wonder how Ameze Imarhiagbe disappeared from acting. One person I think was probably better than Genivieve. Do you know where she is please?

I'm happy I'm not the only one that misses her and her talent.
I think we need to blame Ramsey Noah for messing her up.
She's on Fb though, last time I checked.
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by harizonal123(m): 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2016
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Originalsly: 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
abogjohn:
I will choose Black November and Beast of no Nation
Hmmm.....Beast of No Nation..... have that on my radar...bit can't remember if is one I should watch....or never ever watch!
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Originalsly: 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
Macdove02:

I object that. I think the industry has improved than it used to be. Story wise, Technicalities and sorts. Check out; Dry, Black November, The Arbitration, The CEO and some others that i cant remember. Then compare.
The industry has improved in terms of technicalities... better equipment ... better technicians...better sound... better visuals... but when it comes to stories and delivery...it has not. A good movie would keep your eyes glued to the screen.... from start to finish.... which movie with improved technicalities and sorts can do that? Phone Swap?...Figuerine? ...Oct 1?..or maybe 30 Days in Atlanta? There are many from the past that can achieve this. Dry... I saw the trailer only...didn't appeal to me. Don't forget...we're talking international appeal. The only "technically improved" movie I do get good reviews on from foreigners is Mr and Mrs.
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Legend87(m): 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Worlds apart 1 &2
Kennet okonkwo and Ini Edo
Died wretched too
Died Wretched.. (Buried in a 2.5 million naira casket/a Diamond wrist watch).
This movie is one i will never forget.
Babe, u sabi film joor.
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Legend87(m): 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
YonkijiSappo:
Saworo Ide Agogo Ewo Magun (Thunderbolt) Oleku Figurine Araromire
cool cool cool

This is the greed we're tallking about..
Oga, we know say plenty films dey.. But, na 1 dem ask u to choosetongue

1 Like

Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by AngelAhnie(f): 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2016
Legend87:

Died Wretched.. (Buried in a 2.5 million naira casket/a Diamond wrist watch).

This movie is one i will never forget.

Babe, u sabi film joor.
Very touchy movie
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Legend87(m): 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Very touchy movie
Yes. Those days when ladies do watch movies and cry. I'm sure u cried for days too.
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Legend87(m): 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
jennyebi:
'wasted years '
O'gal!.. U know correct film jare.. Add am with ''Journey 360''
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by AngelAhnie(f): 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2016
Legend87:

Yes. Those days when ladies do watch movies and cry.
I'm sure u cried for days too.
Was young tho I cried. After neglecting the man when he was sick only to bury him with expensive casket. Didn't you cry when watching it?grin
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Legend87(m): 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Was young tho I cried. After neglecting the man when he was sick only to bury him with expensive casket. Didn't you cry when watching it?grin

I can't cry for any movie. Though, they can be touching/emotional..

The story; the late elder brother sacrificed his education for the younger one (Tony Umez).

After his success from school/working with an oil company, he refused to help his elder bro & his family. Though, he, (Tony umez's) wife was against it, the bro died of heartbreak, neglegence and hyper. Only for him to promise a befitting burial. I love how the wife of the Late bro rebuffed & disgraced him.

My dear, some movies truly depicts how life is.
It has happened to me too.
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by AngelAhnie(f): 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
Legend87:

I can't cry for any movie. Though, they can be touching/emotional..

The story; the late elder brother sacrificed his education for the younger one (Tony Umez).

After his success from school/working with an oil company, he refused to help his elder bro & his family. Though, he, (Tony umez's) wife was against it, the bro died of heartbreak, neglegence and hyper. Only for him to promise a befitting burial. I love how the wife of the Late bro rebuffed & disgraced him.

My dear, some movies truly depicts how life is.
It has happened to me too.
Its been long can't remember much... Back then when nollywood was making sense. Remember Daybreak? Omotola and emeka ike
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Legend87(m): 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Its been long can't remember much... Back then when nollywood was making sense. Remember Daybreak? Omotola and emeka ike

Yea. I do. I enjoy watching home videos.. #Meaningful_Ones
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Legend87(m): 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
Legend87:

Yea. I do. I enjoy watching home videos.. #Meaningful_Ones

I have lists of 15 best home videos i'll never forget. I wish i can find some of dem, i can pay 1k for each just to have them again.
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Legend87(m): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2016
missingrib:
Jenifa diary. Anytime anyday..due to the economy recession the citizens need something that will bring smiles to their lips.

Failed attempt huh? The Headline says; choose for the world to see and not the citizens (Nigeria) alone...

Meanwhiles, is it the lips or face that smiles?tongue
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by AngelAhnie(f): 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
Legend87:

I have lists of 15 best home videos i'll never forget. I wish i can find some of dem, i can pay 1k for each just to have them again.
Mention them
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Legend87(m): 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Mention them
Died Wretched: My only Brother: Against All Odds: Warriors Anger: Sitanda: White Waters: Sorrowful Tears: Mission to Nowhere: For the Promise: 40 Days in The Wilderness: Not with my Daughter: Wasted Years: Gaza Treasure: Heart of a Fighter: Last Burial:
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by AngelAhnie(f): 2:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
Legend87:

Died Wretched:
My only Brother:
Against All Odds:
Warriors Anger:
Sitanda:
White Waters:
Sorrowful Tears:
Mission to Nowhere:
For the Promise:
40 Days in The Wilderness:
Not with my Daughter:
Wasted Years:
Gaza Treasure:
Heart of a Fighter:
Last Burial:
40 days in the wilderness.. Clems was the lead actor. What about igodo? Everyone cried while watching igodo. Very interesting
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by jennyebi(f): 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
Legend87:

O'gal!.. U know correct film jare.. Add am with ''Journey 360''
Yea yea
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Legend87(m): 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
AngelAhnie:
40 days in the wilderness.. Clems was the lead actor. What about igodo? Everyone cried while watching igodo. Very interesting

Igodo dey on point.. Even Ebube ''Land of Tears''
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Legend87(m): 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2016
AngelAhnie:

Yea. Igod was cool.. And Ebube. ''Land of Tears''
Re: Name The ONE Nollywood Movie You Would Choose For The World To Watch. by Originalsly: 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
Legend87:

Failed attempt huh? The Headline says; choose for the world to see and not the citizens (Nigeria) alone...

Meanwhiles, is it the lips or face that smiles?tongue
cool...stylish finisher!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NFVCB May Ban 'Bobrisky In Love' Movie Over Homosexuality / BBNaija evel 2 Pool Party: Daniella & Khalid Kissed; Groovy & Beauty Kissed / Photos Of Teddy-A's Son Wearing His Campaign T-shirt Shared By Layla Amani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.