Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application (50412 Views)

15 Funny But True Experiences We've All Had On Whatsapp (with Pictures) / My Conversation With Google Allo Robot / Nigerian Parents Absolutely Hilarious On Whatsapp (with Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by distilledwalex(m): 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
After Hangout failures. .. Lets see how this goes
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Okadalifestyle(m): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
[quote author=Vorpal post=49552844]How many chat apps do one actually need? [/quote

You need 666 chat apps to ]
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Rozaystunna(m): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2016
iceberryose:
Superb app
Funny too
is that the app?
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Kayswat(m): 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
Shame on whatsap, shebi dem dey brag for blackberry users. Lobatan!!!! Water Don pass garri. Wey my bb users make dem press like and share

1 Like

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Zetra(m): 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
if Google can remove "whatsapp online features" and add 2go "online features"
it will an added advantage.

once u r using whatsapp everybody knows you are online just like Facebook messenger.

2go only when you login then you can chose the offline option if you want to be invisible but you can still be chatting.

i stop enjoying whatsapp when Facebook bought it... I even delete my number from Facebook, then now I heard/saw that Facebook automatically copy your fb contact to your whatsapp (number if it's the same with the one in facebook)... check your favourite and see it
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Azeemokoya: 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2016
hehehehe....lets go there google
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by zizie: 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2016
Very true. Very intrusive. On my birthday Google search displayed a birthday logo on the search engine as if I begged them.

ROCE:
Between Google and Facebook, I do not know which one is more intrusive. They want to sync all your data, even your blood group. Bikonu, e don do!
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by BodyKiss(m): 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
Malakh:
the mark of the beast cant work without Google, so truly Google will be a tool to enslave the world

How myopic?

1 Like

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by iceberryose(m): 10:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
Rozaystunna:
is that the app?
Yes
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Zetra(m): 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
zizie:
Very true. Very intrusive. On my birthday Google search displayed a birthday logo on the search engine as if I begged them.

Google still has options of clearing your online/internet activities, so even when Google still have them in their stored server, the public can't search and see it.
but Facebook is just learning /poor when it comes to privacy because if you increase privacy then it defeats the whole essence of "Facebook" itself.
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Temitoppe(m): 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
martineinstein:
they stopped the consumer version and restricted it to enterprise

ohh. thanks for d info
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Temitoppe(m): 10:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
bigt2:

He went to the club and got a hang Over grin cheesy

grin hopefully this one doesn't follow suit
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Rozaystunna(m): 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2016
iceberryose:
Yes
its not yet available on play store
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by 2kurupt(m): 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2016
YonkijiSappo:
Sorry but Google has lost the battle before the fight even begins.

Don't be too quick to judge o, people do get bored eventually and are always open to new tech & apps.

Least I forget, there's also talk of integrating both Allo & Duo into the Android os itself, that move alone could be WhatsApp/Skype/IMO killer grin
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by 2kurupt(m): 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
Platinumay:
If I hear that lie again, video chat on slow network ko, am patiently waiting and watching in 3D, will be here to analyze this copy cat called Google when I finally get the app. And am quite sure it can't be free I mean the advance features. Google is known for that

I've tried Duo, the video is definitely clearer & had better connection than that of IMO which happens to be the rave among Nigerian youths ATM.

On the contrary Google doesn't charge, name a Google service that is paid for directly by the end user?

1 Like

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
Kayswat:
Shame on whatsap, shebi dem dey brag for blackberry users. Lobatan!!!! Water Don pass garri. Wey my bb users make dem press like and share
But bb non join the league na
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by somehowpenis(m): 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2016
What really would i need this for again? When i have iMessage , whatsapp, instagram, twitter, skype, vine.. this allo thing will just be a space killer on my phone. Google should work on something much better and not social apps. Something like collaborating with oems world wide to watch YouTube videos unlimitedly or cheaper.
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by 2kurupt(m): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
Vorpal:

You can't make phone calls with allo, WhatsApp can.
And with WhatsApp having over 1billion users it could still add those features of allo and best it.

Why just make ordinary calls when you can make video calls? I guess you haven't heard about Google Duo?
Duo & Allo are complementary, if infused into Android os am sure you can figure what will happen wink
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
Dapsonemmanuel:
Pretty sure its not going to be as widely used as whatsapp .. I think this app is just waste of time .. God help them if they get users ... But seriously why is every friggin new app created always based on android and iPhones .. Wtf .. Isn't lumia not worth it??
i guess u mean microsoft.Just wait till the universal app development reaches a year.haha.and any new app will have to run first on microsoft
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by somehowpenis(m): 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
JeffreyJames:
The app is not out yet sef.
i already out but nah, not a game changer or anything.

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
amagunnerfan:
It is market share thing. How many people use lumia?
but u have a pc and it either runs win 8 or 10?.think of windows universal app.that app gap will be dead
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by 2kurupt(m): 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
somehowpenis:

Honestly how many intuitive & self interactive IM are there?
Can't really say this won't be a game changer
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by ollah2: 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2016
martineinstein:
haha,samsung and google nairaland rep is here again......duo is already dead.allo is dead already...dont xpect iphone users to dump imessage for allo;2 billion whatsapp and messenger users to dump ddem for Allo or d chinese to dump wechat.....google is delusional for thinking allo will work.

Xpect les than 2 million allo users in a year time.....ur colleagues in androidcentral and co are already rejecting it

Lol what else from a Microsoft fan. Duo isn't dead like you claim cos I use it virtually every day and it's crisp and pretty nice. It presently has 10 million downloads

I haven't tried Allo so I don't much to say but from the review its pretty nice and the Google assistant makes it a plus. However, it will be easier fr people to download if Google can embed sms into. Google knows exactly what to do and that's integrating these apps in the core OS without needing any downloads in order not to look like a 3rd party app.

Big G should allow it to be easily used in other devices including desktop. This will aid it's usage speedily
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by mengho(m): 11:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
This is some serious development in data mining department of Google. Keep posting ur selfies,hobies, family, friends, tansanctions & all ur life online so dat Google, Windows 10 & android can see everything u do & control ur whole life.

I so pity homo-sapiens even ur handset & laptop dey spy on you with that front camera whenever ur online
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by 2kurupt(m): 11:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
CHESTER48:
but u have a pc and it either runs win 8 or 10?.think of windows universal app.that app gap will be dead

Thought this universal app stuff launched with Windows 10 & it's mobile version?
People won't dump their Android & Apple phones just coz they want to have a streamlined mobile version of their pc apps. The average users wants to drawn the line between PC and smartphone
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by nortcentrallord(m): 11:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ports to Google alo and all the google...

Zuckergbish u see yourself? See what you have done to whattsapp now people will shift to Google app rather than sell their phones and buy new once especially my people who some have not eating for sometime now because they voted "change" cheesy cheesy cheesy God help my people o. Send their bread even without butter and give Zom-bie medication to the Zom-bies and even anti-zom-bie to those who are gaining their sense back a lill bit so they don't slip back into "Zom-beism" again.
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by ollah2: 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2016
somehowpenis:

This assistant is a beast.

1 Like

Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by ollah2: 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
nortcentrallord:
Ports to Google alo and all the google...

Zuckergbish u see yourself? See what you have done to whattsapp now people will shift to Google app rather than sell their phones and buy new once especially my people who some have not eating for sometime now because they voted "change" cheesy cheesy cheesy God help my people o. Send their bread even without butter and give Zom-bie medication to the Zom-bies and even anti-zom-bie to those who are gaining their sense back a lill bit so they don't slip back into "Zom-beism" again.

You think it will be released for blackberry and windows phone?
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by 2kurupt(m): 11:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
ollah2:

This assistant is a beast.

He must be pissed coz peeps refuse to join the Windows phone bandwagon, am sure he'll come around cool
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by ollah2: 11:23pm On Sep 21, 2016
somehowpenis:
What really would i need this for again? When i have iMessage , whatsapp, instagram, twitter, skype, vine.. this allo thing will just be a space killer on my phone. Google should work on something much better and not social apps. Something like collaborating with oems world wide to watch YouTube videos unlimitedly or cheaper.

Social platform isn't a Google thing like they have had bad past from acquiring meebo and killing it to photovine, Google plus et al. But I like their spirit of fighting. These two apps are pretty good but they came late to the party. It's better late than never and you never know cos Google might just have a spin with these new guys.
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
2kurupt:

Thought this universal app stuff launched with Windows 10 & it's mobile version?
People won't dump their Android & Apple phones just coz they want to have a streamlined mobile version of their pc apps. The average users wants to drawn the line between PC and smartphone
nope.Universal app is just an sdk.used to produce apps to run on pc xbox one mobile microsoft surface pro and holo pads.with the massive gap of microsoft windows 10 used by over 200 billion people including me.which means any app released for mobile runs on pc,xbox one mobile etc.makkimg delopers now have chance to build apps for win 10 due to alot of people are now using winows if not lumia it pc.if not pc it the xbox one.
Re: Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application by somehowpenis(m): 11:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
ollah2:

Social platform isn't a Google thing like they have had bad past from acquiring meebo and killing it to photovine, Google plus et al. But I like their spirit of fighting. These two apps are pretty good but they came late to the party. It's better late than never and you never know cos Google might just have a spin with these new guys.
hopefully they do.. but that technology is the very least of what users actually need now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

:::Research Room On Browsing::: / See The Message A Scammer Sent Me (pics) / Latest Mobile Games For Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.