Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu (9385 Views)

Nigerians Should Be Fair To Legislators – Hon. Golu Timothy / Before We Enter The Other Room - Abdulmumin Jibrin Shares Cute Pic With His Wife / Throwback Photo Of Abdulmumin Jibrin & His Brother: "Babes Were Dying Over Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by Mide24(m): 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
By Emman Ovuakporie and Johnbosco Agbakwuru

ABUJA- CHAIRMAN, House Committee on Legislative Budget and Research, Timothy Golu (PDP, Plateau), said despite the level of ridicule Jibrin had allegedly subjected the House to in the past two months, members were ready to forgive him if he could apologize to the House and Nigerians.

This is as Rep Joan Onyemaechi Mrakpor has said that the allegation of budget padding by the erstwhile appropriation committee chairman against the Speaker of the House, Yakubu Dogara and three other principal officers was an indictment on the executive that implements projects.

Golu in his reaction to the resolution of the House that referred Jibrin to the Ethics and Privileges Committee for investigation said, “I believe knowing the person of the speaker, if Jibrin shows remorse and apologizes to the House, I can assure you that members will forgive him. We’re all human beings, but he has to tell Nigerians that all that he said were lies. I advise him to quickly do that.

“The display by most of us today was a natural thing to show our support for Dogara. No single member had any issue with the speaker. What happened was a disappointment to Jibrin. He only had five members behind him.

“We had expected Jibrin to first report the matter to the House, and if nothing was done, he could look elsewhere, but he didn’t do that. If he’s found guilty, he’ll face what the rules of the House say. He has already tarnished the image of the House,” he said.

Also commenting on the padding saga, Rep Mrakpor said, “Jibrin is entitled to his own opinion and I think he has decided to express his opinions the way he has been doing.

“But I don’t think that that is the same thing with the House. Some of those things are his imaginations because I have been in the State House of Assembly before I got in to this place, so, the word padding or not padding does not mean anything except he was saying that the executive does not know its job.

“If the executive is living up to its own duty as an arm of government, there is really nothing like padding. I just think some of these things are distractions to Nigerians because this time people are not able to pay school fees, everyday, unemployment is on the increase.”

From Vanguard
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/jibrin-can-escape-suspension-if-golu/

Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by Busch: 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
hmm
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by disloman(m): 8:30am On Sep 22, 2016
Why should he apologise?The facts he released,are the true or not?If he truly apologise,that means he lies then but I don't expect him to.

7 Likes

Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by Shiifi(m): 8:30am On Sep 22, 2016
Let me c if these guy x really Okay
Becos na isssue Wey concern national matter e dey toy with so

8 Likes

Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by Frank3n2(m): 8:30am On Sep 22, 2016
Issokay

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by Frank3n2(m): 8:31am On Sep 22, 2016
Shiifi:
A

Caught you grin
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by somehowpenis(m): 8:31am On Sep 22, 2016
The most _stupid country in existence.

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 22, 2016
Point ME 1 finger and point yourself 4 fingers. The best way to describe Jibrin and Dogara tale.... grin
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by sarrki(m): 8:31am On Sep 22, 2016
Bunch of criminals
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by acunon: 8:32am On Sep 22, 2016
Story with no meaningful effect
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by SuperBlack: 8:32am On Sep 22, 2016
It's My Birthday Nairalanders. Join me in Thanking God for Life

19 Likes

Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by Firefire(m): 8:32am On Sep 22, 2016
Fraudsters...
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by Daslim180(m): 8:32am On Sep 22, 2016
When we go start to they burn all this polithieftains alive now?? Dem neva probe anybody since ooo

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by disloman(m): 8:33am On Sep 22, 2016
somehowpenis:
The most _stupid country in existence.
The most useless comment ever read.

7 Likes

Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by Mctosin(m): 8:35am On Sep 22, 2016
Contintue
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by Terror666(m): 8:35am On Sep 22, 2016
LOL.....

jibrin over to yhu
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by datola: 8:36am On Sep 22, 2016
LegislaThieves!
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by shaddoww: 8:36am On Sep 22, 2016
Jibrin is never going to stop n suspending him will even make it worse n while suspend him wen he will still be collecting his salary n allowances.
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by AnusOdourInhaler: 8:37am On Sep 22, 2016
Stop talking Shiit man, just shut up and continue looting
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by kaen1317: 8:38am On Sep 22, 2016
Chop I chop politics
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by Thisis2raw(m): 8:38am On Sep 22, 2016
This is the most useless arm of government
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:39am On Sep 22, 2016
U mean Dogara right
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by somehowpenis(m): 8:45am On Sep 22, 2016
disloman:
kk
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by kennieG(m): 8:45am On Sep 22, 2016
disloman:
The most brainless being ever come across

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by ilynem(m): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2016
Hold on. Someone accuses a group of people of a criminal offence and the accuser is being investigated and asked to apologise? Are you freaking kidding me? What is wrong with this country?

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by Mikehell(m): 8:59am On Sep 22, 2016
Spare us the gibberish.... it will definitely be swept under the carpet i know grin
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by stevio(m): 9:00am On Sep 22, 2016
Happy people of Nairaland,na my birthday be this o. Let the likes start pouring in abeg,make una show me some love.

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by Techpaded(f): 9:05am On Sep 22, 2016
buhari
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by 2n2k(m): 9:06am On Sep 22, 2016
The Rep said there is nothing like budget padding. But Jibrin was sacked from his chairmanship position because he was alleged to have padded the budget in favour of his state- Kano before he turned the table on the speaker and principal officers.
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by masseratti: 9:09am On Sep 22, 2016
Just cancel constituency projects please.,its unfair and illegal,this means if most of the principal officers are from just two or three regions like we have now,their on regions will or constituencies will have 40% of the projects,just 12 Out of the huge no of constituencies,for the fact that a speaker or a senate president does not even have time limit,this system should be stopped.Inec please come and teach the citizens how to recall this people.
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by kaycodes: 9:15am On Sep 22, 2016
ilynem:
Hold on. Someone accuses a group of people of a criminal offence and the accuser is being investigated and asked to apologise? Are you freaking kidding me? What is wrong with this country?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Same question I have been asking.... Nigeria is in trouble, recession will soon be the least of our problems.
Re: Jibrin Can Escape Suspension If…. – Golu by johnbu: 9:15am On Sep 22, 2016
nigerians, let embrace collective support for jibrin not to be suspended in the house,because the honourable is preaching against corrupt practices in national assembly. we should remember that corruption fighting at the national assembly would subvert the power of corruption in the country. although , the man is not a saint, but the truth on the budget padding could be eschewed as a result of disengaging him as chairman in the house. definately, God is fighting for nigeria by introducing misunderstanding in the house.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kogi PDP Guber Candidate Has Mental Disorder Record - High Court / Meet The Nigerian Man Who Drove A Peugeot 504 From London To Kano In 24 Days / PDP Crisis: Ayu Can Only Be Removed By Amending Party Constitution – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.